MDI Group Employee Reviews

great
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 15, 2016
Helping the customers is always the highlight of my day, whether good or bad customer helping them is always nice to do. Ive learned customer skills as far as always making eye contact communicating remaining calm and attentive. Management is good always available to a need or question. I get along with all my coworkers, we build each other and help one another.
Worst Agency I have ever worked for
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 7, 2016
NO Benefits, NO paid time off, Expenses checks frequently late. They say they always ask the client for an increase in rate at every renewal but the client company that I work for says that they have only been asked for an increase when I have prompted the question first. Slow to respond to questions (ie "where's my check?").
Pros
I got a job through them.
Cons
NO Benefits, NO paid time off
Good job with excellent prices in the cafeteria.
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed the work and it challenged my mind because it felt like a puzzle each day, trying to make all the items fit correctly. The second shift hours were difficult because I would constantly have to stay extra and it made it difficult to see my family often.
Great Place to Work
Service Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 5, 2015
The whole team is like family and they really care about their contractors. Assignments were well explained and compensated accordingly.
Pros
long term contracts
Cons
getting attached to your environment
Support Analyst
System Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2014
This is a great agency to work for, they are very professional and well organized.
Pros
organized and professional
Cons
keeping employment for next job
Telecommute
Marketing admin (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 22, 2013
Great! This allowed me to stay current in today's business role, while living remote.
Pros
telecommute
Cons
no voice
Incredible Atmosphere To Grow and Achieve
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2013
I was in sales at MDI Group for several years. Up until working with MDI, I had never been in an environment that put such a premium on collaboration, contribution, input, and production. It has been my favorite job/opportunity of my career. The management team is visible and active. The production/revenue teams are equipped to be successful. Great place to work, grow, and succeed.
Pros
visible management team, open door policy, energetic work environment, leadership is very receptive to idea and strategy shifts.
A great IT recruitment company focused on consultant service
.Net Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2013
I've worked with a few IT recruitment companies and MDI is by far the best. My recruiter regularly checked in with me to see how things were going. And MDI helped me get into a large, global organization in Atlanta that I was not able to work with as an independent contractor.
Pros
good communication and support while onsite
Awesome Company To Work For!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2013
I’ve had the opportunity to work at MDI for 13 years now. It is such a great organization to work for. They definitely understand the value of a work/life balance. Great leadership team that is leading the charge for our geographical expansion. EC
Pros
awesome compensation plan...very lucrative.
Cons
n/a
Great Company, Best IT staffing company out there.
contractor (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 27, 2012
MDI provided me with a great Job opportunity I never would have gotten any where else. They stayed in touch with me, and really cared.
Pros
they listened to what mattered, did not give up
Cons
i decided to go perm at client
Nice people but poor management
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaApril 9, 2012
The people are great, including the management- unfortunately, they are quick to make changes without weighing all of the outcomes and who may be impacted by the changes. Lots of great talent goes to waste here or leaves before being recognized!
Pros
great office space, nice co-workers
Cons
management changes frequently, no structure
A Temporary Solution
N/A (Former Employee)March 31, 2011
I don't recommend any long periods of employment through MDI. Contacting your 'representative' was usually a headache and once people started leaving MDI and people started shuffling around, they couldnt provide anyone, so I was directly communicating with a branch manager who always had to hunt for information.
You pay for almost all the benefits. The premium healthcare option will cost you about your whole paycheck. 401k is available, they match a sliver of what you put in. No job security obviously, your a contractor.
If you need a job and getting one through MDI is available - hey, its money in your pocket, but dont stop looking for something better.