MDS Communications Employee Reviews

helping others with fair pay and benefits
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 14, 2017
great job if helping others is something you really enjoy, good benefits and fair pay, a specific culture is in place at mds and some may find it hard to adapt or follow that specific culture.
High Turnover
Professional Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2017
A typical day is talking on the phone and raising money for various nonprofit organizations. I learned a lot about the various organizations we called for. The coaches for the most part were good, but depends on which *pod* you worked in. A typical call center with a lot of noise and loud co-workers who could care less that you're on the phone trying to raise money. The hardest part of the job was trying to reach you're numbers to qualify for bonus each week as the company changed it, and now only a few people make bonus every week. No room for advancements. It takes a full year before you qualify for benefits. If you work in the afternoon it is hard sometimes to get a seat, it maybe one to two hours before you can start working. I wish the company did drug testing, because it was very disruptive to the call center when someone would come in high on drugs. One thing I did like about the company is, if you are a person in recovery they are there for you - second chance.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
No benefits, No drug testing, No room for advancement, High turnover
Review of MDS
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 10, 2017
A typical 8 hour day was taking numerous outbound calls to donors who donated in the past or showed interest in the particular organization. Many of the organizations we called for were humanitarian, and ministries. Some of the scripts were extremely wordy and by the time you read it all either you talked yourself out of a donation or the donor already hung up. You have to be quick when a donor rejects your offers. Having good voice quality (a nice voice) and being friendly helps tremendously in your calls. You will work 40 hours a week but you must get 37.5 hours logged phone time in order to qualify for bonus. Personally, I got lost in the numbers and percentages when it came to getting bonuses. If you get less than 20 hours logged on the phone, you get written up and eventually fired. I noticed a lot of favoritism. I think some of the leadership were a bit conceited and looked down on people. Training was good and I enjoyed it. We use to have to purchase our own head phones but MDS was installing permanent headphones so we didn't have to buy our own anymore. Co workers were nice people. No complaints there. The hardest part of the job is getting use to turned down frequently and responding the objections of the donors. You get two 10 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. But if you want to gett your 37.5 logged hours, dont take your breaks or come in on Saturday.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Short breaks
It's a great place to work as well as being able to incorporate God in the work place.
Communications Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 10, 2016
Over all I enjoy working at MDS Communications. The people are friendly and helpful and we get to touch peoples lives in different ways. It's in a great location as well.
Good Pay
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 26, 2016
Good place to work if you can handle talking on the phone for 8 hours a day. Great coworkers, easy to get along with. Management could be better, not always the most helpful.
Not a pleasant place to work
Sales ConsultantCSR111 (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 16, 2016
If you are an Evangelical Christian this is the Company We had to pray on our breaks 3 times a day. Theyoften did not pay us our commissions our commissions. Management is a gossiping click of extremely radial religion. There was no recognition given for a $20,000 donation from City Team Ministries that I raised. MDS managers are mean and yell. They are not well trained and no support at all. One of them was kissing her boyfriend in the call center. He was not a good employee but never got in trouble because his Manager was his girlfriend. It is a revolving door. Employees come and go. It is micromanaged but if a new person needed help they said to figure it out.
It is filthy. The keyboards have food stuck in them. The carpet smells. Headsets are in bad condition unless you buy your own from them and they are expensive. Computers are not maintained and the server constantly went down. Lots of very young people work there. They are not serious about working and they are loud . Bad Company. I resigned.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
All listed above
Begging for money
Fundraising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 20, 2016
I did not enjoy the atmosphere. lots of christ talk but not alot of holy action. going on in this drug den .
Raising funds for non-profit organizations.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2016
Outbound calls repeatedly consisting of reading a script and asking people to donate money for different various non profit organizations.This job was very tedious and took a lot of patience and understanding. Very sale oriented job
Pros
Once a month employee appreciation
Cons
Calling people to donate who last donated 10 years ago and only donated $10
Friendly Fundraising call center environment
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 22, 2016
MDS Communications is a very great place to work and gain call center experience. While anyone is hired who supports the clients we call for, the owner is a very good Christian man who practices Christian values in the workplace. The company is very honest and practices integrity with its clients and its employees.
Pros
Very flexible and understanding when it comes to life struggles
Good work place
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2016
Great place to work . excellent pay . choose your own schedule . Great Management . Awesome people and environment.
rules changes
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 9, 2016
too many rule changes, too many management changes,great concept, management makes promises they dont keep, programns were poorly written
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Mds
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 26, 2016
 Made outbound calls to make or arrange donations to non-profit

organizations

 Data Entry

 Received inbound calls from donors to make donations to a specific

organization
Dialer Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 18, 2016
This is an enjoyable place to work with good benefits and fair pay. We worked for great causes, and truly felt like you were making a business. The political side of the business was another story. The company continued to push for growth on this front, even though it lost money doing so.
MDS Communications' review
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be me calling people who have previously donated to non profit organizations, to see if they would be interested in donating another time in order to help raise money for these organizations. The number one thing I took from this job was learning how to cope with rejection, and the word "no".
Pros
The wage as well as the benefits.
Cons
getting used to rejection.
Great Work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 19, 2016
They have a great team on their hands who work very hard to keep everyone happy and do their jobs to the best of their ability while keeping balance in the workplace and fun!
Do not hire qualified people.
Nobody (Former Employee) –  Mesa azMarch 12, 2016
I have interviewed twice with this company and have not been hired. I have 1 year of recent call center experience. The work floor is half empty yet they are always hiring. I read the script with enthusiasm and answered each question well I guess if they don't like your face they won't hire you and think they hate older workers.
Pros
noe
Awesome place to work!!
communication specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 11, 2016
As a Communication Specialist, I talk with donors about raising money for several wonderful organizations including: Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer Intl, etc. I always fee a real purpose for what I did each day and the entire management staff is very helpful and positive!

Generous vacation after 6 months, prayer on the floor each day and absolutely amazing people to work with each day.

Plus, the chance to bonus and get paid every week while really feeling like you're making a difference in the world instead of just getting a paycheck.

Great place to work!
Pros
Great coworkers, sense of purpose, fun work environment
Really disorganized No vacation time
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 6, 2016
This place was disorganized. I didn't know who my boss was. You find a place to work somewhere in the room. Sometimes they had more workers than desks so they just kind of put you in a class where they talked about the company. A lot of people just float through the cracks.

After proving yourself in the office you can work from home.

The morning and afternoon huddles starts with prayer. The entire company has scheduled breaks. Everyone gets off the phone at 10 am for breaks then lunch then afternoon breaks etc. When the breaks were over they would announce you're break is over, over the loud speaker, which I didn't appreciate.

You're fundraising for Conservative causes like the Republican National Committee Right to life anti-abortion groups the Salvation Army. Veterans Groups the Tea Party. Fox News all day everyday in the break room. I did it for a few months 2012.

I left because they don't offer Paid time off PTO ever or vacation days. Other than Christmas you're working on major holidays because that is when people are home. Health care and benefits are pretty weak.
Pros
Prayer Huddles
Cons
No vacation time or PTO
Great Place to work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 25, 2015
Best call center experience I've had. They really work with the callers to find their strengths and where there is an area of opportunity for growth, they help. Overall great company to work
Pros
Most of the upper level managers have been on the phones, so they understand the culture of the call.
Cons
phone jobs are a lot of hard work
High stress job
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2015
they allow you to stay regardless if you make the dollar amount they require but fire quickly if it is in their best interest. Not concerned with your life or interests.
Pros
Mediocre pay
Cons
high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MDS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

MDS Communications Reviews by Location