MDS Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Mds
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 26, 2016
 Made outbound calls to make or arrange donations to non-profit

organizations

 Data Entry

 Received inbound calls from donors to make donations to a specific

organization
MDS Communications' review
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be me calling people who have previously donated to non profit organizations, to see if they would be interested in donating another time in order to help raise money for these organizations. The number one thing I took from this job was learning how to cope with rejection, and the word "no".
Pros
The wage as well as the benefits.
Cons
getting used to rejection.
Great Work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 19, 2016
They have a great team on their hands who work very hard to keep everyone happy and do their jobs to the best of their ability while keeping balance in the workplace and fun!
Do not hire qualified people.
Nobody (Former Employee) –  Mesa azMarch 12, 2016
I have interviewed twice with this company and have not been hired. I have 1 year of recent call center experience. The work floor is half empty yet they are always hiring. I read the script with enthusiasm and answered each question well I guess if they don't like your face they won't hire you and think they hate older workers.
Pros
noe
Awesome place to work!!
communication specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 11, 2016
As a Communication Specialist, I talk with donors about raising money for several wonderful organizations including: Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer Intl, etc. I always fee a real purpose for what I did each day and the entire management staff is very helpful and positive!

Generous vacation after 6 months, prayer on the floor each day and absolutely amazing people to work with each day.

Plus, the chance to bonus and get paid every week while really feeling like you're making a difference in the world instead of just getting a paycheck.

Great place to work!
Pros
Great coworkers, sense of purpose, fun work environment
Really disorganized No vacation time
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 6, 2016
This place was disorganized. I didn't know who my boss was. You find a place to work somewhere in the room. Sometimes they had more workers than desks so they just kind of put you in a class where they talked about the company. A lot of people just float through the cracks.

After proving yourself in the office you can work from home.

The morning and afternoon huddles starts with prayer. The entire company has scheduled breaks. Everyone gets off the phone at 10 am for breaks then lunch then afternoon breaks etc. When the breaks were over they would announce you're break is over, over the loud speaker, which I didn't appreciate.

You're fundraising for Conservative causes like the Republican National Committee Right to life anti-abortion groups the Salvation Army. Veterans Groups the Tea Party. Fox News all day everyday in the break room. I did it for a few months 2012.

I left because they don't offer Paid time off PTO ever or vacation days. Other than Christmas you're working on major holidays because that is when people are home. Health care and benefits are pretty weak.
Pros
Prayer Huddles
Cons
No vacation time or PTO
Great Place to work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 25, 2015
Best call center experience I've had. They really work with the callers to find their strengths and where there is an area of opportunity for growth, they help. Overall great company to work
Pros
Most of the upper level managers have been on the phones, so they understand the culture of the call.
Cons
phone jobs are a lot of hard work
High stress job
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2015
they allow you to stay regardless if you make the dollar amount they require but fire quickly if it is in their best interest. Not concerned with your life or interests.
Pros
Mediocre pay
Cons
high stress
Great Place to work - Christian Atmosphere is not discouraged
Management - Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  TelecommuterSeptember 9, 2015
I've worked for MDS for 8 years. I've always felt like home away from home and my "work family" rather than the place I go to work.
Pros
Free Soda Vending - Nice kitchen
Cons
Quotas, no real room for advancement.
Awesome
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2015
Make a lot of calls a day to raise for non profit. Have to have thick skin. Management is awesome. The atmosphere is wonderful to be around. Riding my bike to and from work was the hardest really didn't get to see my family. Every day was making a difference in the lives of some one who was in need.
Pros
Management, coworkers and the company
Cons
commute
Co workers are terrific
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 26, 2015
Owners are terrific and care for the employees, work environment is comfortable. Work comes in waves so can get scary as far as job security.
The overall rating is what concerns most in regard to keeping this job.
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work would be a day of high energy flow, continuous phone integrity with the donors; and an overflow of positive but demanding challenges amongst the callers.

I have learned during my employment at this company that Missions that are severe, enduring, painful, and joyful can be dialogue to make others understand and find compassion and help those that are less fortunate.

Management on a whole are not very approachable, however, those that are approachable are helpful, understanding, and are able to assure that the company's mission will stand strong and will be adhere to 100%.

My co-workers come from many different facets of life, diversity is definitely a strong impact in this company and I love the fact that we can work together in a group, individually, and some of us reach out and help those who are struggling for reason known or unknown.

The hardest part of this job is the continuous reading of the same script for hours at a time and days at a time. My mind is set to be utilized with multi-tasking and monotony of the same vision over and over when reaching out can sometimes cause an onset of anxiety. I need to be versatile on a continuous basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to share a concern, need, regardless of the urgency and still make a donor smile at the end of the conversation with just mere words of concern and understanding of their situation.
Pros
Pick your own hours, ability to make up time when unexpected events occur.
Cons
Too much time before medical, dental, and vision, is given, and the unavailibility of being able ot receive FMLA when needed.
They feed us lunch about once a month
communication specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 6, 2015
You get hung up on and cursed at many times throughout the day.You have 2 to 3 dollar asks per each call. The toughest part is having to be compassionate whlle still pressuring them on the phone for money. The best part of my day is talking to nice people and of course getting alot of donations and I have alot of good friends at work.
Pros
Free cold drinks and coffee for anyone while they are working
Cons
bonus system changed dramatically
Great paying job
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 3, 2015
Great paying position for the work load. The job entry level is pretty easy work. It is a very simple work load, however it is not easy. You will need to make sure verbage is accurate in a high pressure situation. You must think on the fly and be witty with your language on capturing a donation.

The work is very rewarding as you will be working for nonprofits raising money for groups helping children, veterans, sick adults, and people starving in other countries...etc.
The donors are like other call jobs I assume. They are not happy to get your call most of the time. So you will need to calm them down most of the time.

Be ready to think on your feet, and keep a positive attitude and you will go far. Do not expect to just lay back and get payed. It is a good working place, and the environment is encouraging and fairly positive.
Pros
Great pay, working for righteous causes
Cons
stressful, and difficult to keep a good attitude
Very great place to work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 6, 2015
They were very cool about work as far as people higher up in management and it was a great place to work it was fun and relaxing as long as you met your quota you were ok.
Pros
job enviroment
Cons
no break room
Great Job
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2014
Call center work .Customer service on the phones making outbound calls.
Casual Work Environment
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 21, 2014
A well organized non profit fundraising call center. They trained me from scratch on how to present myself on the phone and become an efficient caller for their charities. The management took great care in making sure that quality was the overall goal. The most difficult part of the job was handling the unpleasant people we may have been calling. The best part of the job was knowing that the money we were raising was actually changing lives and making a real difference for the better.
Pros
free beverages and prayer between breaks
Cons
dealing with the public on the phone can ge stressful
Great Environment
Communication Specialist Tier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 20, 2014
 Provided a complete array of fundraising services for non-profit organizations.  MDS Communications Specialists are by far the best professional telephone fundraisers in the business.  Comprehensive, hands on training program. This allowed me to fully cultivate the skills and professionalism required from a fast-track CS.  Uphold the high quality care standards expected by our clients.  Maintain personal and professional with clients and the reps to maintain and achieve accurate goals for campaigns.
Fun place to work, was there so long because i beleived in what they did!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Juanita and Country ClubNovember 7, 2014
MDS was a very fast pace call center! Every rep. had daily and weekly goals that where required in order to maintain your position and employment. I was one of there top reps.
Pros
i believed in the work that mds is involved with, (fund raising)
Cons
when leads where low we where asked to do cold calls!
Cool workplace, horrible pay set up
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of getting on the phone and calling current donors or people who have shown an interest in donating for non-profit organizations. I learned how to get people to donate even after hearing the word "No". Management was awesome as well as my co-workers. They were all amazing people! The hardest part about the job was getting people to donate. I am the type of person that if someone tells me no, I will not push it, and that's what this job consisted of. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people there, it was truly a blessing to work with such amazing people!!
Pros
great company, very friendly enviornment, morals of the company
Cons
not being able to perform at room average due to unwilling donors, dropped pay