Me-Ality Employee Reviews

fun work place
Guide the customer (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 14, 2016
I've learned over the years working in costumer service that the customer come first. It is your job to please and come to the customer needs.
Not fun but great easy cash
Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 17, 2014
Hated it, extremely boring, had to take some of my work home which created an unbalanced life due to the so-called DM whom was a huge pain.
Pros
Great pay, worked independently
Cons
no benefits, no real sense chain-of-command
Interesting technology
liaison to introduce people to a new technology (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 26, 2014
I learned how to scan people to find their best fit of jeans. We were in a mall setting where we had to talk to people and try to get them to try out this new technology. The management was lacking and my co-workers were great. The best part of the job was meeting all the different people, the hardest part was trying to convince people to do the scan.
Horrible place to work, no job security
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 11, 2014
The worst possible place to work for. No job security. Over 200 stations closed down in less than a year. Only 3 locations left. Management is terrible. Benefits are a joke.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Entry level management
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater New JerseyJanuary 26, 2014
A unique company with a new concept for retailers and consumers.

Located in the main level of a mall made it difficult at times because of distraction.
There we many changes daily which made it hard to follow.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new exciting clients and helping them meet their needs.
Pros
Commission earning potential
Cons
Great salary
very poor leadership, unrealistic expectations, weak business model
Former District Manager (Former Employee) –  northeastJuly 29, 2013
The business model was so weak and leadership so poor that they had no idea how to move the business forward. The regional director had so many "asks" and I got calls and requests for information from upper management that never made sense. The machines kept breaking down almost daily and upper management told us that it was the way we were scanning the customers. It is a shame that so many employees were let go because of the poor leadership of the regional director and the rest of the upper management up in Canada.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, poor corporate leadership, bad direction
No job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2013
Our station was one of the top locations but we got shut down about two weeks ago. The job wasn't really hard and we made our daily goals. The only thing I feel went wrong was that upper management was unqualified, secretive and just didn't know how to run a company. Honestly the best thing they could have done was to close all stations because this company hired a lot of unqualified DTM's and managers. If they ever do decide to reopen hopefully they will make better business decisions. They also need to hire people who cares about doing a better job and better HR Management. Terrible company to work for...good thing I had another few jobs lined up before our station closed.
Pros
easy job, good pay
Cons
no job security, unexperienced HR
Nice for a second job if it would last
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 7, 2013
Poor conditions, lots of standing around and asking everyone to try out free service that not many do. Unrealistic goals of how many people to get for your shift.
ok job to have
Assistant Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 15, 2013
fun to work for this company, but closed company in Georgia without 2 week notice. Received info via phone calll to not come in.
Canadian Company Scam on Scans
Station Team (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 7, 2013
Steer clear of Me-Ality owned by a Canadian Company Unique Solutions Design Ltd. Plenty of accurate reviews on this forum. The company just shut down over sixty percent of its operations in an effort to most likely reduce its overhead for some sort of buy-out. The VP said they wanted to focus on the internet now. Almost three hundred people lost their jobs .

The job pays medium range which may be enticing in this economy but don't do it. The duties seem easy which are not. The job is to market free full body scans to customers. The purpose is to help customers find clothing that fit. For Unique/Me-Ality- their purpose is to get as many people into the scanner to collect their body size data so they can sell the data eventually to a major company- assuming Google or somebody. The sizing is not accurate- most of the people scanned are not accurate- another scam of the scan. The company hit 1 million scans of which most were fake. I replaced a team that were self scanning to make bonuses. At the 1 million scam scans the VP shut down sixty percent of its field operations firing everybody and people had just been recruited and left other jobs were also fired without any notice.

If you investigate the leadership team most of the corporate team appears to be run by a group of friends who went to college together in Canada. They don't know retail, people management and like to change direction weekly. I did have a great manager who recruited me but she left and was replaced by a woman from Canada who lacked tact and management skill. It is not a good company.
  more...

The recruiting and hiring company is Headway will tell you what you want to hear but read these honest reviews. My advice, take a job at McDonald's first.
Pros
pay is solid
Cons
they closed most of its operations without any notice
Runaway as fast as you can!
SM(Station Manager) (Former Employee) –  Southen CaliforniaApril 26, 2013
This job is by far the most unprofessional and demeaning place of employment I have ever worked for. As a station manager I brought our numbers up to par, working far beyond my forty-hours. I was constantly harassed by the area manager who had no clue what she was doing. I always questioned where they found these clowns. Headway Workforce Solutions is an outsource company which you are actually employed with. Either way both companies have no regard for any individual, not even the employees whom have worked their hardest to go the extra mile in pushing their brand. I was a former station manager, and must say there were constant empty promises of growth from within. Our location was ranked consistently in the top ten range in the nation, only to receive a call hours prior to begging a regular shift by a Headway employee informing people that their jobs are no longer available, and that the company is moving in a new direction. No prior notice or heads up to anyone in order to allow some time for people with families to support/bills, etc. They just let you go with no legitimate explanation as to why. They use people like they are meaningless. My advice to anyone considering a job through Me-Ality/Headway Workforce Solutions is to steer far away from these SCAM companies. They will let you go in a heart-beat. This was a terrible experience working here, however I did learn a valuable lesson: Never will I return to Headway as they suggested in order to find something else. They are a joke. People deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, not just numbers. Take a look at  more... the, "Now Hiring," signage posted on the scanning machines which actually still remain open, although this is only for a very limited time as investors received wind regarding scan fraud, and have pulled out. It was a good idea, that turned into a garbage can full of junk with all the disorganization, constant turn-around, and no one ever being on the same page. Upper management is TERRIBLE and has no clue what they are doing, so they will place their own personal work loads on anyone willing to take them on, even on your days off. Their is no work/life balance here. Just stress and empty promises. Take the time to review what others have posted likewise, and you will find their experiences are quite similar. I personally worked in the Southern California region as an SM(Station Manager). Heed my advice and that of others whom have posted on here likewise. Runaway from this job!
Pros
Cons
Upper Managment, unprofessionalism, lack of job security on a daily basis, disorganization, lies constatly. A company with no regard for their employees, exceeding turn-around.
loved it but it closed down
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 24, 2013
i loved working there but soon after hired i was told the company is closed. i would meet and interact with hundreds of people a day and had daily goals to meet.
Pros
wage, interaction with people
Cons
closed
Great Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Boston AreaApril 19, 2013
Great Job- Very unhappy the store shut down due to lease issues.
Has its pros & cons
Assistant Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 17, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of asking people to try our free service out.
very cool idea
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  united statesApril 14, 2013
Bad company to work for with no notice they just eliminate your job and 40 others even though you are doing a good job. Canadian companies don't know how to run a business in the USA
Cons
no good benefits
Hang up the phone and find another job!!!
Sizer (Former Employee) –  AZApril 11, 2013
This company is a NIGHTMARE!! I was happy at my old job. One day someone called me to tell me about Me-Ality and ask me to work there. I said no, but they kept calling. I thought it was odd, but looking back now I understand why they are calling and begging people to apply. Sadly I left my job to come here. Then one day a recruiter from Headway Corp called me and told me i didn't have a job after I jumped through 10 hoops going thru 3 interivews, taking tests, all this stuff to only then get FIRED for no reason at ALL!!

Headway corp is shady!! Me-Ality is shady!! I don't even know who to trust. After they fired me they said go to this website and look for more jobs. R u kiddin me????

If you get a random call from a 919 number, Ignore!! tryin to sell you more fake jobs
Pros
? good question
Cons
no job security, sketchy people, they tell you lies
Company lacks direction and could care less about their employees
station manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2013
At first, Me-Ality seems like a genius idea! A great way to find clothes that fit? Wrong! The men and women who struggle to find clothes that fit and who want to decrease their time spent in the dressing room are the ones who are over-weight or have less than perfect shapes. Well guess what? Me-Ality doesn't help those kinds of people! I am a bigger woman, a size 16, and every time I got in the machine it kept giving error messages. Interestingly enough, all of the larger people or less than perfect body shapes I scanned also had this same error. That's because Me-Ality does not carry plus size brands, okay maybe 1 or 2 but it's not even worth your time, because your size results will be so limited!! I'd rather walk into a Lane Bryant and have a real human who can relate to my size help me, rather than a teenager at a kiosk judge me and laugh because they know the machine is giving me an error because I'm too big. That was one of the reasons I hated this job. I knew I wasn't really making people's lives easier. I was going to make them feel embarrassed or make them think the machine suddenly wasn't working even though just a moment ago their skinny friend got more results.

I worked at Me-Ality station and I have nothing but bad things to say about it. The job is SOOOOO BORING. What kind of human has the tolerance to work a job where you are given no direction, structure or tasks but to get people scanned?! You will stand for hours, saying the same things over and over again hoping people stop. The goals were ridiculous and no one ever seemed to be able to meet them no matter
  more... how hard you worked. The management was horrible and everything was always told to us last minute. Upper management was so disorganized, constantly flip flopping what was going on in the company.

Then all of a sudden, they fired everyone in my market without warning. I was scheduled to go into work and i got a call an hour before telling me to not go in because I no longer had a job. The person coulnd't give me any explanation, just told me to turn in the keys. I quit my previous job to come work here and yeah I'll admit I'm bitter, but it's so ridiculous. I've never ever dealt with a company that is so incompetent. Ya, they're new, but GET IT TOGETHER if you are going to involve hundreds of people and all of a sudden take away their job likes it's no big deal.

PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!! It feels like a SCAM! They will sell you the job promising you great benefits (that's not true!!! They are horrible!) and so much potential to grow and move up with the company. Again not true!! They offer no room to grow. They don't care about their employees. they will fire you out of nowhere without reason. DON'T TRUST THEM when they say things are better now!!! Just stay away.

So if you like standing alone all day begging people or if you like to sound like a broken record or if you like to be bored or if you like to be given impossible goals or if you like bad management or "start-up companies (a nice way of saying a company that is so new and has no idea what its doing so lets experiment with people's jobs and livelihood" then work here!! oh yeah i forgot, they aren't even open anymore in half the malls. Felt like operating a carnival ride! save yourself some money and hire robots.

So if you get a call saying, Hey have you heard about Me-Ality???? Wanna work for us??? IT's awesome!!! Save your soul and hang up the phone!!!!

This company is the worst and the recruiters do nothing but LIE TO YOU. How can they tell us that this is a great job when everyone is quitting? When i was there i saw more turnover than i have ever seen in my entire retail career!!!!!

I never write reviews, but I want to save someone out there before they get into something they will regret!!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
company has no idea what it's doing, they could care less about their employees, boring, boring boring, benefits suck!
Fun but no sense of direction
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2013
Working for this company was enlightening to say the least but with multiple manger quitting and being manager-less for over 3 months seems like overall bad management. They never considered training any of the individuals who actually loved working there to become a manager. The goals they set for us weren't really enforced and there was a large disconnect after a while between employees and upper management. They also shut multiple stations down thus firing everyone without any notice whatsoever.
do not take a job here!!!!
size matching specialist (Former Employee) –  scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2013
I was hired and told about all the posibilities to grow in the company and move forward. Once i started all the people that hired me were never seen or heard of again, my station manager was terrible and did not work the company hires people over the phone and decisions are made by people no where near the actual business. The pay is good but a few weeks into the job they fire all the employees and closed down the kiosks at the other malls near mine they then calledme and said everything was fine and that my job was safe not two days later on my day off i get a call from a third party saying im fired. Overall if i could go back i would never take the job with me ality again
Pros
they offer good starting pay
Cons
literally everything else
They fired everybody
SAME JOB EVERONE HAS( LIAR) (Former Employee) –  ATLApril 5, 2013
Want to hear something funny, on a rainy Thursday morning . I got a phone call from corporate (headway) stating my services were no longer needed and my station was being closed. Apparently this went for EVERY STATION IN GA, ALONG WITH OTHER STATES. THIS JOB IS BOOGUS. ABSOULTLY HORRIBLE. DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF ITS BETTER TO SELL YOUR SOUL SMH
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
everything else