Me-Ality

Me-Ality Employer Reviews

Interesting technology
liaison to introduce people to a new technology (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 26, 2014
I learned how to scan people to find their best fit of jeans. We were in a mall setting where we had to talk to people and try to get them to try out this new technology. The management was lacking and my co-workers were great. The best part of the job was meeting all the different people, the hardest part was trying to convince people to do the scan.
Horrible place to work, no job security
Key Holder (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
The worst possible place to work for. No job security. Over 200 stations closed down in less than a year. Only 3 locations left. Management is terrible. Benefits are a joke.
Entry level management
MANAGER (Former Employee), Bridgewater New JerseyJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: commission earning potential
Cons: great salary
A unique company with a new concept for retailers and consumers.

Located in the main level of a mall made it difficult at times because of distraction.
There we many changes daily which made it hard to follow.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new exciting clients and helping them meet their needs.
very poor leadership, unrealistic expectations, weak business model
Former District Manager (Former Employee), northeastJuly 29, 2013
Cons: low pay, poor corporate leadership, bad direction
The business model was so weak and leadership so poor that they had no idea how to move the business forward. The regional director had so many "asks" and I got calls and requests for information from upper management that never made sense. The machines kept breaking down almost daily and upper management told us that it was the way we were scanning – more... the customers. It is a shame that so many employees were let go because of the poor leadership of the regional director and the rest of the upper management up in Canada. – less
No job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2013
Pros: easy job, good pay
Cons: no job security, unexperienced hr
Our station was one of the top locations but we got shut down about two weeks ago. The job wasn't really hard and we made our daily goals. The only thing I feel went wrong was that upper management was unqualified, secretive and just didn't know how to run a company. Honestly the best thing they could have done was to close all stations because this – more... company hired a lot of unqualified DTM's and managers. If they ever do decide to reopen hopefully they will make better business decisions. They also need to hire people who cares about doing a better job and better HR Management. Terrible company to work for...good thing I had another few jobs lined up before our station closed. – less
Nice for a second job if it would last
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJuly 7, 2013
Poor conditions, lots of standing around and asking everyone to try out free service that not many do. Unrealistic goals of how many people to get for your shift.
ok job to have
Assistant Station Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 15, 2013
fun to work for this company, but closed company in Georgia without 2 week notice. Received info via phone calll to not come in.

– June 11, 2013

I didn't realize that Me-Ality had "assistant managers". In fact I know that they did not have that. Please don't mis represent yourself. It does not look good in your favor.

Canadian Company Scam on Scans
Station Team (Former Employee), United StatesMay 7, 2013
Pros: pay is solid
Cons: they closed most of its operations without any notice
Steer clear of Me-Ality owned by a Canadian Company Unique Solutions Design Ltd. Plenty of accurate reviews on this forum. The company just shut down over sixty percent of its operations in an effort to most likely reduce its overhead for some sort of buy-out. The VP said they wanted to focus on the internet now. Almost three hundred people lost their – more... jobs .

The job pays medium range which may be enticing in this economy but don't do it. The duties seem easy which are not. The job is to market free full body scans to customers. The purpose is to help customers find clothing that fit. For Unique/Me-Ality- their purpose is to get as many people into the scanner to collect their body size data so they can sell the data eventually to a major company- assuming Google or somebody. The sizing is not accurate- most of the people scanned are not accurate- another scam of the scan. The company hit 1 million scans of which most were fake. I replaced a team that were self scanning to make bonuses. At the 1 million scam scans the VP shut down sixty percent of its field operations firing everybody and people had just been recruited and left other jobs were also fired without any notice.

If you investigate the leadership team most of the corporate team appears to be run by a group of friends who went to college together in Canada. They don't know retail, people management and like to change direction weekly. I did have a great manager who recruited me but she left and was replaced by a woman from Canada who lacked tact and management skill. It is not a good company.

The recruiting and hiring company is Headway will tell you what you want to hear but read these honest reviews. My advice, take a job at McDonald's first. – less
Runaway as fast as you can!
SM(Station Manager) (Former Employee), Southen CaliforniaApril 26, 2013
Cons: upper managment, unprofessionalism, lack of job security on a daily basis, disorganization, lies constatly. a company with no regard for their employees, exceeding turn-around.
This job is by far the most unprofessional and demeaning place of employment I have ever worked for. As a station manager I brought our numbers up to par, working far beyond my forty-hours. I was constantly harassed by the area manager who had no clue what she was doing. I always questioned where they found these clowns. Headway Workforce Solutions – more... is an outsource company which you are actually employed with. Either way both companies have no regard for any individual, not even the employees whom have worked their hardest to go the extra mile in pushing their brand. I was a former station manager, and must say there were constant empty promises of growth from within. Our location was ranked consistently in the top ten range in the nation, only to receive a call hours prior to begging a regular shift by a Headway employee informing people that their jobs are no longer available, and that the company is moving in a new direction. No prior notice or heads up to anyone in order to allow some time for people with families to support/bills, etc. They just let you go with no legitimate explanation as to why. They use people like they are meaningless. My advice to anyone considering a job through Me-Ality/Headway Workforce Solutions is to steer far away from these SCAM companies. They will let you go in a heart-beat. This was a terrible experience working here, however I did learn a valuable lesson: Never will I return to Headway as they suggested in order to find something else. They are a joke. People deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, not just numbers. Take a look at the, "Now Hiring," signage posted on the scanning machines which actually still remain open, although this is only for a very limited time as investors received wind regarding scan fraud, and have pulled out. It was a good idea, that turned into a garbage can full of junk with all the disorganization, constant turn-around, and no one ever being on the same page. Upper management is TERRIBLE and has no clue what they are doing, so they will place their own personal work loads on anyone willing to take them on, even on your days off. Their is no work/life balance here. Just stress and empty promises. Take the time to review what others have posted likewise, and you will find their experiences are quite similar. I personally worked in the Southern California region as an SM(Station Manager). Heed my advice and that of others whom have posted on here likewise. Runaway from this job! – less
loved it but it closed down
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 24, 2013
Pros: wage, interaction with people
Cons: closed
i loved working there but soon after hired i was told the company is closed. i would meet and interact with hundreds of people a day and had daily goals to meet.
Great Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greater Boston AreaApril 19, 2013
Great Job- Very unhappy the store shut down due to lease issues.
Has its pros & cons
Assistant Station Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 17, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of asking people to try our free service out.
very cool idea
Station Manager (Former Employee), united statesApril 14, 2013
Cons: no good benefits
Bad company to work for with no notice they just eliminate your job and 40 others even though you are doing a good job. Canadian companies don't know how to run a business in the USA

Previousemployee28 – April 22, 2013

I absoultely agree with what this former Station Manager has briefed. I also worked in the California area as a Station Manager. The company closed several locations and fired their employees with a phone call; no advance notice at all. The company is extremely disorganized, no one is ever on the same page, and the turn-around rate is ridiculous. Ever notice the signs posted on the machine twenty-four-seven, they state, "Now Hiring." This not only due to the constant turn-around of its employees, but also a ploy to get people to try out the machine, which half the time is inaccurate. This company does NOT care about it's employees at all whatsoever. My personal advice to you is to either run away as fast as you can and do not even waste your time and effort in such a company that lacks any type of concern for the people who work their butts off for them. They will use you and then dispose of you like nothing. And please do not even get me started on the area managers; they lack knowledge and do not have a clue what they are doing. Very shady people/company. If you do decide to work for the comoany because you really need the money, I would not expect anything long-term for sure, just milk it and don't work your butt off for this company as others have done for nothing. They will promise you the world, but eventually you will be gone too. Save yourself the annoyance and time wasting by finding a better more stable place of employment.

HANG UP THE PHONE AND FIND ANOTHER JOB!!!
Sizer (Former Employee), AZApril 11, 2013
Pros: ? good question
Cons: no job security, sketchy people, they tell you lies
This company is a NIGHTMARE!! I was happy at my old job. One day someone called me to tell me about Me-Ality and ask me to work there. I said no, but they kept calling. I thought it was odd, but looking back now I understand why they are calling and begging people to apply. Sadly I left my job to come here. Then one day a recruiter from Headway Corp – more... called me and told me i didn't have a job after I jumped through 10 hoops going thru 3 interivews, taking tests, all this stuff to only then get FIRED for no reason at ALL!!

Headway corp is shady!! Me-Ality is shady!! I don't even know who to trust. After they fired me they said go to this website and look for more jobs. R u kiddin me????

If you get a random call from a 919 number, Ignore!! tryin to sell you more fake jobs – less
Company lacks direction and could care less about their employees
station manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 11, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: company has no idea what it's doing, they could care less about their employees, boring, boring boring, benefits suck!
At first, Me-Ality seems like a genius idea! A great way to find clothes that fit? Wrong! The men and women who struggle to find clothes that fit and who want to decrease their time spent in the dressing room are the ones who are over-weight or have less than perfect shapes. Well guess what? Me-Ality doesn't help those kinds of people! I am a bigger – more... woman, a size 16, and every time I got in the machine it kept giving error messages. Interestingly enough, all of the larger people or less than perfect body shapes I scanned also had this same error. That's because Me-Ality does not carry plus size brands, okay maybe 1 or 2 but it's not even worth your time, because your size results will be so limited!! I'd rather walk into a Lane Bryant and have a real human who can relate to my size help me, rather than a teenager at a kiosk judge me and laugh because they know the machine is giving me an error because I'm too big. That was one of the reasons I hated this job. I knew I wasn't really making people's lives easier. I was going to make them feel embarrassed or make them think the machine suddenly wasn't working even though just a moment ago their skinny friend got more results.

I worked at Me-Ality station and I have nothing but bad things to say about it. The job is SOOOOO BORING. What kind of human has the tolerance to work a job where you are given no direction, structure or tasks but to get people scanned?! You will stand for hours, saying the same things over and over again hoping people stop. The goals were ridiculous and no one ever seemed to be able to meet them no matter how hard you worked. The management was horrible and everything was always told to us last minute. Upper management was so disorganized, constantly flip flopping what was going on in the company.

Then all of a sudden, they fired everyone in my market without warning. I was scheduled to go into work and i got a call an hour before telling me to not go in because I no longer had a job. The person coulnd't give me any explanation, just told me to turn in the keys. I quit my previous job to come work here and yeah I'll admit I'm bitter, but it's so ridiculous. I've never ever dealt with a company that is so incompetent. Ya, they're new, but GET IT TOGETHER if you are going to involve hundreds of people and all of a sudden take away their job likes it's no big deal.

PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!! It feels like a SCAM! They will sell you the job promising you great benefits (that's not true!!! They are horrible!) and so much potential to grow and move up with the company. Again not true!! They offer no room to grow. They don't care about their employees. they will fire you out of nowhere without reason. DON'T TRUST THEM when they say things are better now!!! Just stay away.

So if you like standing alone all day begging people or if you like to sound like a broken record or if you like to be bored or if you like to be given impossible goals or if you like bad management or "start-up companies (a nice way of saying a company that is so new and has no idea what its doing so lets experiment with people's jobs and livelihood" then work here!! oh yeah i forgot, they aren't even open anymore in half the malls. Felt like operating a carnival ride! save yourself some money and hire robots.

So if you get a call saying, Hey have you heard about Me-Ality???? Wanna work for us??? IT's awesome!!! Save your soul and hang up the phone!!!!

This company is the worst and the recruiters do nothing but LIE TO YOU. How can they tell us that this is a great job when everyone is quitting? When i was there i saw more turnover than i have ever seen in my entire retail career!!!!!

I never write reviews, but I want to save someone out there before they get into something they will regret!!!!!! – less
Fun but no sense of direction
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2013
Working for this company was enlightening to say the least but with multiple manger quitting and being manager-less for over 3 months seems like overall bad management. They never considered training any of the individuals who actually loved working there to become a manager. The goals they set for us weren't really enforced and there was a large disconnect – more... after a while between employees and upper management. They also shut multiple stations down thus firing everyone without any notice whatsoever. – less

Duped – April 13, 2013

They were good at doing that. Thinking that they could fire people and that would help INSTEAD of giving people the tools to succeed. It was better to have people go from a stable job in the hopes of something big with a new, upcoming and cutting edge company to firing them with an hours notice. I guess that is the direction they are taking.

do not take a job here!!!!
size matching specialist (Former Employee), scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2013
Pros: they offer good starting pay
Cons: literally everything else
I was hired and told about all the posibilities to grow in the company and move forward. Once i started all the people that hired me were never seen or heard of again, my station manager was terrible and did not work the company hires people over the phone and decisions are made by people no where near the actual business. The pay is good but a few – more... weeks into the job they fire all the employees and closed down the kiosks at the other malls near mine they then calledme and said everything was fine and that my job was safe not two days later on my day off i get a call from a third party saying im fired. Overall if i could go back i would never take the job with me ality again – less

Duped – April 13, 2013

The same thing happened to my area where we got phone calls to not go to work on the same day. I did, however, have a great area manager who who did her best to help us succeed in a company that didn't seem to have a clue what it was like in the field. No wonder there was so much fraud going on.

THEY FIRED EVERYBODY
SAME JOB EVERONE HAS( LIAR) (Former Employee), ATLApril 5, 2013
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: everything else
Want to hear something funny, on a rainy Thursday morning . I got a phone call from corporate (headway) stating my services were no longer needed and my station was being closed. Apparently this went for EVERY STATION IN GA, ALONG WITH OTHER STATES. THIS JOB IS BOOGUS. ABSOULTLY HORRIBLE. DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF ITS BETTER TO SELL YOUR SOUL SMH

Duped – April 13, 2013

I got a call about an hour before work on April 4, 2013 saying the same thing. I had NO idea whatsoever that this was going to happen. SOCKED to say the least. Leaving 10 people from my station out of work. Along with the other 2 stations in my area where the same thing happened. Then, one week later I see a segment on Good Morning America about how perfect this is for the Bloomingdale's. NOTHING about how hundreds of people were put out of work all over the UNITED STATES (not Canada) a week before. To say I was blindsided is an understatement. I posted with a great review of this company on February 9, 2013. Who would have thought they would have done this to so many people. It's a disgrace. I cannot believe a company can do that to loyal employees.

Terrible Place to work
Station Manager (Former Employee), ATLANTA,GAApril 4, 2013
Pros: sounded exciting at first....nothing
Cons: too numerous to count
A typical day at the Kiosk consisted of standing in an empty mall waiting for clients to come by so that you can BEG them to get in the booth to be scanned. Most said no...sometimes I spoke to 100 people before I got 1 in. I was a Station Manager and struggled with the inappropriate behavior of my area manager. I was never supported and even the hiring – more... company Headway understood that I was a lawsuit waiting to happen. I sent several documents outlining the terrible behavior of the AM.My Kiosk was down more than it was up and we were still expected to be productive by offering people a service that we did not have! Customers were also often LIED to to get them to give us contact information. They were told to give information for the chance to win a gift card....THERE WERE NEVER GIFT CARDS!!!!! – less
Horrible Company to work laid people one hour for starting work
Station Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 4, 2013
Cons: job security
I was a station manager with this Me Ality which outsources the recruitment through a staffing company "Headway Corp." Today I was schedule to work like many of my co workers when Headway called and told everyone there services is no longer required. They did not give any information on what was going on or anything. In most cases some of the employees – more... had just moved into a house/apt or just had bills. Me Ality decided to Fire all Station Managers and Staff in the middle of the week. I'm not sure of the future of the company I would tell anyone to not to accept any position with Me Ality. If you do always keep your eyes out for something a better, because if they can have Headway Corp call all employees hours before there shift is suppose to start, what do u think they will do to you. PLEASE BE WARE, OF THIS LOT OF THE ASSOCIATES JUST STARTED AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COLLECT ANY KIND OF UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE. – less

1 2 3