Me-Ality Employee Reviews in United States

I know several people who have a lawsuit with this company!
Size Specialist (Current Employee) –  St.LouisMarch 30, 2013
Worst company to work for! DM- lies about everything, Regional Manager- tells DM to lie and the company has fired 100's of Managers/ Employees in the last month! Without cause. The pay is good but they fired all the original employees, I'm assuming the pay was cut on top of benefits, this company is constantly going down hill and continues to treat it's employees like idiots. I hope to save people from getting caught up in a horrible situation and think twice before applying here. The constant disrespect and numerous amount of lies are not worth working for Me-ality. save yourself the trouble.
Pros
the pay, however it's changed now
Cons
district, regional managers!
I know several people who have a lawsuit with this company!
Size Specialist (Current Employee) –  St.LouisMarch 30, 2013
Worst company to work for! DM- lies about everything, Regional Manager- tells DM to lie and the company has fired 100's of Managers/ Employees in the last month! Without cause. The pay is good but they fired all the original employees, I'm assuming the pay was cut on top of benefits, this company is constantly going down hill and continues to treat it's employees like idiots. I hope to save people from getting caught up in a horrible situation and think twice before applying here. The constant disrespect and numerous amour of lies are not worth working for Me-ality. save yourself the trouble.
Pros
the pay, however it's changed now
Cons
district, regional managers!
Growing company and learning every day
SM (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh paFebruary 6, 2013
Meality is a new growing business with many growth opportunity
It's not a job for everyone you must be outgoing to be successful
Excellent salary fulfillment of enhancing customers life's with a new way to shop and personally connecting with them on a business and friendship base. It has not yet a household name but when it becomes one people will love it. This is an outstanding free service and hopefully we as a company can get rid of dressing rooms so the stores can utilize the space for more merchandise
Working for Meality is a wonderful experience
Pros
growing company a lot of advancement and great pay
Cons
goals are not realistic
Don't waste your time!
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2013
Worked there for 6 months. No training. Unreasonable expectations. I was a station manager and never received supplies or help from my district manager. There is no job security and they terminate without providing reasoning. They terminate basically JUST BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT. You stand long hours with single coverage. Terrible job!
Pros
salary and weekly pay
Cons
healthcare benefits are terrible, shifts, management, standing
fun work place
Guide the customer (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 14, 2016
I've learned over the years working in costumer service that the customer come first. It is your job to please and come to the customer needs.
Horrible place to work, no job security
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 11, 2014
The worst possible place to work for. No job security. Over 200 stations closed down in less than a year. Only 3 locations left. Management is terrible. Benefits are a joke.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Entry level management
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater New JerseyJanuary 26, 2014
A unique company with a new concept for retailers and consumers.

Located in the main level of a mall made it difficult at times because of distraction.
There we many changes daily which made it hard to follow.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new exciting clients and helping them meet their needs.
Pros
commission earning potential
Cons
great salary
Research Please before appying
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 2, 2012
Please do not apply I was a Station Manager, No training at all
and I was terminated for all the wrong reasons.My area manager did not even care. benefits stink...getting scans are not easy as you think,
very cool idea
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  united statesApril 14, 2013
Bad company to work for with no notice they just eliminate your job and 40 others even though you are doing a good job. Canadian companies don't know how to run a business in the USA
Cons
no good benefits
Shady Company with horrible managment
Size matching assoicate (Current Employee) –  St. LouisApril 2, 2013
Shady company that doesn't care about their employees. To them you are just a filler until they can find someone else. They tell you lies, and you will constantly be worried whether they will fire you or your coworkers. They are constantly firing and hiring people like it's no big deal, and they never say anything or tell us what happened to that person. they don't coach or give your warnings if someone messes up. Instead, it's very weird. One day that person is on the schedule, the next day they're gone. Very SKETCHY!! this company is full of lies!!! All they want you to do is get as many scans as possible, but no one actually buys what's on their shopping guide. It's pointless and not helpful!!! hard to sell a technology that is a waste of time.
Pros
fun employees
Cons
shady upper management, constantly worried you are next to be fired, no
No job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2013
Our station was one of the top locations but we got shut down about two weeks ago. The job wasn't really hard and we made our daily goals. The only thing I feel went wrong was that upper management was unqualified, secretive and just didn't know how to run a company. Honestly the best thing they could have done was to close all stations because this company hired a lot of unqualified DTM's and managers. If they ever do decide to reopen hopefully they will make better business decisions. They also need to hire people who cares about doing a better job and better HR Management. Terrible company to work for...good thing I had another few jobs lined up before our station closed.
Pros
easy job, good pay
Cons
no job security, unexperienced hr
love the interaction with customers
size specialist (Current Employee) –  st. louisMarch 25, 2013
No job security! They have the worst turnover rate! Since I've worked for the company, about a year, 3 different managers and 2 different district managers, on top of many different employees!!!! I do very well with this company and still feel like i could loose my job at any minute. One thing that drives us all crazy, management and employees, is we are always left in the dark! Last minute everything......also, in the handbook you are not to have a drink while at work!? Really talk for 5-8 hrs straight with nothing to drink!!! Ridiculous. Or food! Can't bring your on lunch!!!??? They expect you to reach a unrealistic goal and force people to scan....but when they are supposed to update clothing or get new stuff, they don't! Why would someone want to scan again for the exact same results everytime and half the items aren't in the store anyway. Basically it comes down to how good you are at begging people and making them feel sorry for you to scan.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Degrading Management & Stressful Environment!
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 6, 2013
I worked as a Station Manager for ten months. Employees are undervalued and degraded by management. There is no room for growth and no opportunity for advancement. Management will throw any employee under the bus and defame your character to keep their position!

Area Manager offers low employee engagement and degrading management style. Area Manager will blatantly lie about you to make herself look better. She uses and manipulates Station Managers to do all of her job responsibilities. For example, Area Manager will use you to train and even reprimand new Station Managers, conduct her conference calls, create training manuals, do other locations paperwork and scheduling for her: All while she completely disappears for literally months and takes credit for your extra work. You will be mislead about chances of promotions just so she can get you to take on her job responsibilities on your days off.

Most people are forced into quitting or are suspended/fired for unfair reasons. Managers and associates are always stressed out they will lose their jobs if they cannot meet the unreasonable goals and expectations of company. Good workers are not recognized for their hard work.

You will be micro managed down to every minute of your day. There is no work/life balance as you are allowed one Saturday off per month, must work weekends. You will work a minimum of 45 plus hours per week and will be paid only for 40. Managers are expected to constantly call in/conference/email/paperwork on days off. You will not be able to spend any time doing personal things, as this position completely
  more... and utterly consumes your personal life.

Overall, this job is not worth being degraded everyday and the stressful atmosphere!
Pros
pay is ok and benefits, engaging with new customers
Cons
management degrading & unapproachable, no room for growth, sees employees as numbers, high turnover keeps morale low, favoritism
Very poor upper management and unrealistic goals
Station manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, paFebruary 18, 2013
This company has set very unrealistic goals and has no follow through or plan of action on how to attain them. The area manager was very difficult to deal with and if you did not do things her way then you could guarantee that you would no longer be employed. The few postings before this are all from the same area and all say the same similar things, wonder why? That is an example of the things she will ask you to do to make her look better.

A typical day on the job is standing for hours on end and begging people to get scanned but they tell you no and don't give you the time to speak. It's a pointless job that a lab rat could do. I felt like a hamster in the spinning wheel because I was doing the same thing day after day and it got to a point where I lost myself. I never got to see my family and was practically living in the mall. When you would mention that the work life balance was not happening they would say this is retail you just have to learn to sacrifice. I am glad I no longer have to sacrifice my family for a job that did not require the use of my brain.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
upper management, unrealistic goals, monotonous
Company lacks direction and could care less about their employees
station manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 11, 2013
At first, Me-Ality seems like a genius idea! A great way to find clothes that fit? Wrong! The men and women who struggle to find clothes that fit and who want to decrease their time spent in the dressing room are the ones who are over-weight or have less than perfect shapes. Well guess what? Me-Ality doesn't help those kinds of people! I am a bigger woman, a size 16, and every time I got in the machine it kept giving error messages. Interestingly enough, all of the larger people or less than perfect body shapes I scanned also had this same error. That's because Me-Ality does not carry plus size brands, okay maybe 1 or 2 but it's not even worth your time, because your size results will be so limited!! I'd rather walk into a Lane Bryant and have a real human who can relate to my size help me, rather than a teenager at a kiosk judge me and laugh because they know the machine is giving me an error because I'm too big. That was one of the reasons I hated this job. I knew I wasn't really making people's lives easier. I was going to make them feel embarrassed or make them think the machine suddenly wasn't working even though just a moment ago their skinny friend got more results.

I worked at Me-Ality station and I have nothing but bad things to say about it. The job is SOOOOO BORING. What kind of human has the tolerance to work a job where you are given no direction, structure or tasks but to get people scanned?! You will stand for hours, saying the same things over and over again hoping people stop. The goals were ridiculous and no one ever seemed to be able to meet them no matter
  more... how hard you worked. The management was horrible and everything was always told to us last minute. Upper management was so disorganized, constantly flip flopping what was going on in the company.

Then all of a sudden, they fired everyone in my market without warning. I was scheduled to go into work and i got a call an hour before telling me to not go in because I no longer had a job. The person coulnd't give me any explanation, just told me to turn in the keys. I quit my previous job to come work here and yeah I'll admit I'm bitter, but it's so ridiculous. I've never ever dealt with a company that is so incompetent. Ya, they're new, but GET IT TOGETHER if you are going to involve hundreds of people and all of a sudden take away their job likes it's no big deal.

PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!! It feels like a SCAM! They will sell you the job promising you great benefits (that's not true!!! They are horrible!) and so much potential to grow and move up with the company. Again not true!! They offer no room to grow. They don't care about their employees. they will fire you out of nowhere without reason. DON'T TRUST THEM when they say things are better now!!! Just stay away.

So if you like standing alone all day begging people or if you like to sound like a broken record or if you like to be bored or if you like to be given impossible goals or if you like bad management or "start-up companies (a nice way of saying a company that is so new and has no idea what its doing so lets experiment with people's jobs and livelihood" then work here!! oh yeah i forgot, they aren't even open anymore in half the malls. Felt like operating a carnival ride! save yourself some money and hire robots.

So if you get a call saying, Hey have you heard about Me-Ality???? Wanna work for us??? IT's awesome!!! Save your soul and hang up the phone!!!!

This company is the worst and the recruiters do nothing but LIE TO YOU. How can they tell us that this is a great job when everyone is quitting? When i was there i saw more turnover than i have ever seen in my entire retail career!!!!!

I never write reviews, but I want to save someone out there before they get into something they will regret!!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
company has no idea what it's doing, they could care less about their employees, boring, boring boring, benefits suck!
Awesome people just not a lot a real work
Size Matching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 23, 2013
On a typical day was work we would open up the station by turning on the computers and the scanner and calibrating it for the day.... Takes all of about 5 minutes to get set up for the day. Although they tried to make it seem like this whole to-do and said its should take use about 15 minutes to set up.. I learned that my manager could show up to work 5 hours late to work and nothing would happen and that i get fired for going to the bathroom and missing a maintenance man when no one felt the need to even let me know he was coming... My Co-workers where awesome i loved them all. Hardest part of the job was having to go the the bathroom when you left alone for your whole shift and not getting in trouble for it. the cigar shop around the corner from it.
Pros
not a lot of actual work
Cons
not a lot of actual work
Worst job ever!
Size matching specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 2, 2013
I don't know what I got myself into. I was sold on the idea that it would be "different" and i could talk to new people everyday. But it's more like standing around and being rejected all day and have people try to avoid you. People at the mall srsly go out of their way to not talk to us. The scanner is really not for bigger people, and it can be very embarrassing when plus size women (im talkin any one over size 12) get scanned and all of a sudden the machine keeps having "errors." It's because it doesn't cater to big women who really need it the most!! The management is even worse!! The regional and area managers are the worst. Very rude and degrading and don't understand that people are constantly quitting because they treat their employees like numbers. They don't care about you as a person and def don't care about your growth, even though they promise that there's sooo much room. Yeah right! You will either be fired or bored to death first.

AVOID this company at all costs. They lie to you and all of sudden your job will be gone for no reason at all!!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
1 man coverage, boring, management, no structure, standing all day long, scanner doesn't work
Hang up the phone and find another job!!!
Sizer (Former Employee) –  AZApril 11, 2013
This company is a NIGHTMARE!! I was happy at my old job. One day someone called me to tell me about Me-Ality and ask me to work there. I said no, but they kept calling. I thought it was odd, but looking back now I understand why they are calling and begging people to apply. Sadly I left my job to come here. Then one day a recruiter from Headway Corp called me and told me i didn't have a job after I jumped through 10 hoops going thru 3 interivews, taking tests, all this stuff to only then get FIRED for no reason at ALL!!

Headway corp is shady!! Me-Ality is shady!! I don't even know who to trust. After they fired me they said go to this website and look for more jobs. R u kiddin me????

If you get a random call from a 919 number, Ignore!! tryin to sell you more fake jobs
Pros
? good question
Cons
no job security, sketchy people, they tell you lies
Don't bother...
Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 13, 2012
Don't waste your time working for MeAlity. Expectations from corporate are unattainable and their policies and procedures constantly change. You're basically standing in the middle of the mall soliciting people to get a free scan... and you're made to service 10-30 customers at once, without the help of other coworkers, since there's usually only 1 person tending the kiosk. Corporate MeAlity is clueless about how much individual time/assistance each client needs.
Pros
you can close up and walk away if you need too!
Cons
frequent visits from corporate, lack of staff, long hours of just standing around trying to "sweep" in customers
Bad Company, Miserable Job!
Size matching spec. (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 27, 2013
I am not one to complain. To be honest, I have never hated a job until I came to meality. I have worked retail my whole career and for the most part loved everything about it. Someone called me from Monster and I was really excited. Everything sounded great. Pay was higher, and the person made it seem like the best job with the best new technology.

After a week, I was ready to quit. The job is so BORING and feels like torture. Seriously, you do the same thing over and over again. They could hire a robot to do this!!! Not challenging, seriously you say the same thing over to a million different people only to hear no then get yelled at for doin nothing. there is no motivation. when I started working here I was excited and always happy, now I count down how long until I leave. Management is degrading. The goals are impossible. You will never make commission! The scanner doesn't work and doesn't help size people who are bigger and that need it the most. People are constantly quitting and being fired. The managers aren't helpful and are always stressed.

Please avoid this company at all costs!!!! Surpised its still around!!!!!!
Pros
higher pay
Cons
boring!! monotonous, bad management, no bonus, no growth, impossible goals

2.4