MeadWestvaco Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Planner/Production (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 24, 2017
Loved working for Meadwestvaco. I worked for this company for 17 years. Very fast paced, working hard to get the job done on time. Safety orieniated, hardest part of the job was working some long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone got along.
Experiência muito boa para começar a conhecer o ambiente empresarial e praticar inglês.
Estágio em Design e Engenharia (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Virgínia, Estados UnidosJune 19, 2017
Empresa muito boa, com vários setores e oportunidades de mudança de carreira. Oferecia várias atividades extra-trabalho e muito suporte dos supervisores. Tinha uma forte cultura organizacional.
Good Job Fun Workplace
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 5, 2017
In finishing department feeder/packer has responsibilities of standing on feet all work day loading product into machine and being able to pack product in shipping boxes as well. Learned about machines & other everyday skills as well. Management ok to deal with. hardest part about the job would def be having to keep up with machine & rest of the assembly team. Can be very fast paced. Most enjoyable part about job is seeing how everything is done. Its really Neat .
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Benifits, Pay, And growth In the company
Cons
Long Hours, And Standing On Feet All Work Day
work a straight 8 hour shift benifits were fair
Molding Associate (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSApril 30, 2017
moral was really low and employees complained a lot. the plant is kept very clean and it is Air Conditions which is very nice. Management was not real open. I enjoyed many people and took great pride in setting up MIn/Max and barcode for the MRO.
Pros
straight 8 hour shift paid for lunch and breaks
Cons
lot of tension and low moral
Extremely productive environment Review Summary*
Machine Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2017
a typical day at the job requires an employee to run a press at the maximum speed possible ensuring quality with no downtimes. Set quotas are to met by the end of each shift to comply with the company quality standards.
Pros
theres always something like a festival going on or picnic
Cons
long exhausting hours
Great company
Export Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company the benefits and the salary was great I worked with nice people and really miss the job.
Visitor Services Manager- NC Aquarium
Global Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 29, 2017
Assists in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and counseling staff. Training includes assisting in quarterly workshops and continuous training, or team-building, meetings..Performs general office duties, such as maintaining employee records, etc. A great place to work.
Pros
Happy place to work: Customers & Staff
Cons
Difficult customers- we are a small Aquarium
Strong Company
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I worked for many years at AT-A-GLANCE which was purchased by MeadWestvaco. Throughout my time with both companies I assisted in compiling necessary information for confidential projects, including the MeadWestvaco purchase, and also in multiple roles throughout the company. I was able to new opportunities several times, and thoroughly enjoyed my work there.
Pros
Employee health programs, onsite gym, onsite daycare
Loved being a self starter and mulit-tasker there but left to start a family
Finance Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2017
At the time, the employment was great. There were plenty of opportunities in various areas to work and learn. Most of my managers were excellent in helping me grow professionally.
Now known as WESTROCK, formerly MEAD SCHOOL & OFFICE SUPPLIES, then MEADWESTVACO; overall, a terrific company to have worked for - great people!
Supply Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 12, 2016
MEAD SCHOOL & OFFICE SUPPLIES was a great company to have worked for. I personally learned quite alot in the areas of sales, manufacturing, purchasing, finance, distribution and logistics through my various roles with the company. Great people to work with/for.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mead school & office supplies sold to acco brands.
Stock prep trainer/supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Lee, MANovember 29, 2016
Management fully supported me in my position. My coworkers were some of the best people I know. Plenty of opportunity to advance. Challenged daily.
Pros
Pay, benefits, incentives, bonuses
Cons
Stressful
Exciting, new position, undeveloped properties
Director, Real Estate Development - Construction (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 11, 2016
An opportunity to work with a very talented group of people, create dreams from expansive properties in excess of 70,000 acres in the Charleston, SC Region.
Pros
New, fresh, untapped resources
Cons
Job security
Awesome work place Great people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 9, 2016
I loved this job. I was a temp but I was treated as if I wasn't. The pay was great. The work was engaging and fun. No one was mean, and everyone was there to help out. I REALLY miss this job.
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay
Cons
Can't think of any
It very repetitive
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, PAOctober 15, 2016
Its factory life. Alot of unexpected mandatory overtime with short notice. Very repetitive..Pays well for the area but cost of health insurance is too high.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High cost of health insurance very repetitive
A place to get your feet wet
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Wickliffe, KYJuly 26, 2016
This is a great place to get some "plant experience" right off the street. Then, move to the East toward Calvert City to the average of a $10.00 hr pay increase.

You will be trained on multiple jobs which will boost your confidence and resume. It is a self directed work force.....you are your own boss!
Pros
Little experience to be hired at a chemical plant.
Cons
Healthcare
they taught me all about team work and responsibility.i learned how to drive and operate a forklift
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJune 28, 2016
the ability to move around hundreds of ppl with out hurting myself or coworkers around me will carry with me for ever.team work was essential..
Pros
good money and hours
Cons
having to bid on jobsand having to sighn up for over time
Wonderful experience
Office Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 24, 2016
My time at MeadWestvaco was great. The staff from top to bottom were always willing to help,no matter what the need. I learned so much about paper manufacturing, chemical processing, and the role this company played is so many different markets. There was always room to advance. Management was phenomenal.
Pros
Learning something new every day
Cons
There were no "cons", in my opinion, when I was employed there.
Not safe
Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  Slatersville, RIJune 21, 2016
steady work, no raises, 6 days a week of work they tried to make me do 7, did not maintain safety guards on machines. couple of people lost figure tips while I was there. fined by OSHA plenty of times. workmans comp insurance company they have does not make proper payments need lawyer if injured. automation crew is underpaid and under educated. machinery is out of date there allways breaking down.
Pros
AC in building
Cons
Safety!
MeadWestvaco, now Westrock was the best company I've ever worked for
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 17, 2016
From the management to to the job itself I really enjoyed working here. I was, however, employed via a temp agency meaning my pay and benefits weren't the best. Also it made job advancement very difficult.
Pros
Great environment and management
Cons
Was a temp so bad benefits and pay
family like enviroment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2016
everyone pays attention to detail on safety as well as putting out a high quality product. Plus there several events the company have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MeadWestvaco. Our community is ready to answer.