Meador Staffing Services

Meador Staffing Services Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Everything!
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 9, 2016
Working for Meador was by far the worst experience I've had in a workplace, and these words don't do it any justice. You would expect a little more security as an internal employee for a staffing company, but there is none. They are quick to hire, blame, and fire, but fail to realize that the issues that they have run much deeper than their bottom-line. They can't adequately staff their own organization, much less another. They're old fashioned and everything is complete chaos. The culture is awful, and expectations are unreal considering the environment you're expected to work in. Management is quick to point fingers and place blame.
Pros
Already experienced my rock-bottom place to work, and I moved on to appreciate much better.
Cons
EVERYTHING
Nice Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Great temporary job as receptionist at a local college close to my house. Only problem is hours kept decreasing and was ended. Only other issue was timesheets from Pearland and I work and live in Houston. Eventually it was resolved via computer/pictures of timesheets. Great people at temp job and at Meador.
Pros
Very close to home and nice folks.
Cons
It didn't go permanent.
overall review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2016
No jobs in my field available. Made available but no work. Called and always nothing available, I haven't learned anything from this company. Worked one assignment as a server for a VIP Party at Cosco.
Pros
There to greet us make sure we knew where to go.
Cons
Lack of instructions, Persons in leadership positions were unprepared and lacked information concerning the job at hand
Busy, fun, and challenging
Senior Staffing Consultant/Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 19, 2016
Very busy environment. This has strenghtened my achiever, customer service, focus, and organizational skills. Co-workers are great, management has changed quite a bit and expectations. The hardest part of the job is the unrealisitc expectations. The most enjoyable is the team.
Cons
No lunch breaks

Comment – May 23, 2016

Thank you for sharing your input! As an employee, we hope you feel you can communicate your feelings with your managers and your team. The last thing we want is to discourage an open and trusting environment, where you do not feel you can share about the unrealistic expectations you are feeling. There can always be a better way to do something and we would love to hear your ideas. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here and for your honesty.

It's great if they get jobs for you
CSR/Receptionist/Clinic Business Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 31, 2016
It's great if they find a job that you enjoy working at. Otherwise, you may not get a job for months and you're looking elsewhere.

Comment – May 23, 2016

Thank you for your input! We always strive to promptly find work for those who are looking. It does take time to match at times, because there are times when we don't have available positions our job seekers are ideally looking for. Thank you for working with us.

Unprofessional, low on integrity, poor placement
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 26, 2015
This is a group of unprofessionals with whom myself, nor the companies in my area will associate. They rate low on the scale of integrity, they are limited in their knowledge and ability to place good talent with the correct skill sets. They are not to be trusted on any level whether you're a company or an employee. They proven themselves a shady bunch of unprofessionals more focused on rubbing elbows than the company's purpose in the industry.
Pros
Cons
Lack of professionalism, integrity, & industry skill
Variety of opportunities
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Meador Staffing. They were very helpful in fitting me in with a job that would suit my needs, and vice versa. The variety of opportunities they had available also made employment seeking very helpful.
temporary employment
Temporary employment, (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXOctober 13, 2015
issue requests for medical records for litigation service. I would send orders and follow up on the orders until they arrived at our location. I would do research to locate patient records that were relevant to the case in question
Pros
m-f 8-5
Cons
only temp assignment
Great place to wrok for.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work for. The management was helpful. They offered training. The key to keep you working was communicating with your recruiter.
Cons
Nice people but inconsistent in what's "preached is practiced"
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 15, 2015
Company is small and there is little if any infrastructure for facilities or "housekeeping" type of operations in branches. Spent more time defusing the local gossip monger and trying to get the truth out of a VP along with "housekeeping" items never discussed or included in job description that you had little time to interview and/or spend time developing business
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Lack of consistency in integrity practiced in specific VP ignored by CEO/COO
This is a temporary employment agency.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 20, 2015
This company find employment for it's employees. I was sent to an excellent company every month to perform contract duties, anywhere from three days up to three weeks.
Great place to work - always family first
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXOctober 15, 2015
This is a great place to work. They are a company with integrity and believe, in God first, family second, and career last. They always care about their employees,
various temp. posistions
CNC Machine Operator/general labor (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Filled in at a few different assignments after lay offs.Some indoor and out side environments. Most was just busy work clean up and general labor.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
non-permanent
Do not recommend!
Looking (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Upon walking in and briefly speaking with the office coordinator, I walked out upon being degraded and spoken down to. Just because I don't have a past job title of administrative assistant doesn't mean I don't have experience. If the lady had taken time to look at my resume which she had in her hand, she could have seen that.

I thought staffing agencies were supposed to help people get jobs. Instead I left feeling "less than" just because I don't have years upon years of experience doing one job.

In short, the lady was so rude, and treated me like dirt. Unfortunately, I have to give them one star instead of none, as I would like to!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Unprofessoinal work environment
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2014
If you aren't family or a brown noser, they will starve you here. For a "Christian" based company, these are the worst people I have ever had the displeasure to work for. They call their candidates "idiots" and one recruiter took extreme pleasure in getting an HR manager fired from her job because she didn't think she was being kissed up to. Management seems to mot know what they are doing but will quickly call you out on your mistakes.
Cons
unprofessional, liars, upper managerment double talks
Depends on which Meador you are going to
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2012
The Meador I went through, found me a job right away, that is the clear lake office by the way in Webster, Tx. I had a previous bad experience with the Pearland office, but that is neither here nor there. I did warehouse jobs for them, pay was low but they are willing to get you higher paying jobs as long as you do a good job. I cant speak for management as I only dealt with one staffing agent and she did a great job.
Pros
good staffing people
Cons
need to go to the right meador
Great Company
A/R/A/P/Payroll/ Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 6, 2012
A typical day included:

Posting cash payments, preparring deposits, and reconcile bank and credit card statements for Meador Staffing
Services and its affiliates.
Researched and reconciled customer and employee accounts.
Collection calls made for bad debt and collection agencies.

I learned their is alot more to working for an employment company than I orginally thought.

My co-workers were the best. The economy was starting to get really bad, I was layed off on the second layoff the company had. They immediately found me temporary work when they had it available.

The owner of the company did everything he could to take to brunt of the cost of our insurance. This was a great company to work for.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
making the collections calls knowing these companies were having a hard time.
Great Place to work when the work is there
Endpoint Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
I joined Meador when my other staffing firm had nothing for me. I was placed on a great contract making good money. Meador's Management is top notch. Highly recomend them if you are looking for an agency to place you in work.
Pros
lots of perks like a christmas club savings account paid weekly
Cons
it work is drying up.
Fast past
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 26, 2014
-typical day at work
-Started at 6am-4pm
learned something new every day from hiring process, interviewing, background checks.
Co-workers, perfessional and helpful when needed
Hardest part of the job would of been getting a hold of the refrance checks to move along with the hiring process.
Very enjoyable all around.
Great Temp Agency
Receptionist/Custom Designer/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXApril 25, 2014
I enjoyed working with MEADOR Staffing. The staff is really good at responding to availability. The hardest part of the job is knowing that it is only temporary. Thanks to MEADOR I have worked with some great companies.
Pros
increase in job experience
Cons
short term employment

Meador Staffing Services Reviews by Location