Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

In the beginning of employment it was organized
Patient Care Coordinator/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 26, 2016
In the beginning of my employment I had a great management staff but then management was changed and there was no job security or productive outcomes.
Pros
lunch time was 45 mins to an hour depending on work schedule
Cons
Management was changed to unxperience and unprofessional personnel
Great productive environment.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (RT) (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 31, 2015
Great place to work. The staff was supportive. The bosses were attentive. Did not want to leave. Would still be a part of the team if I had not relocated.
Pros
Very flexible with schedules.
Cons
Short-staffed.
Like looking at the charts makes for an interesting day
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 21, 2015
I am responsible for the paper records MER, MRE, Inpatients, and SDS.
I have been a volunteer for the last three years and I pull files. I don't really have a typical day because if they don't need me in the file room I go to Hr.

When i was working in the file room I learned how the different forms
are used. Management needs more help to work with to many layoffs. The hardest part of the job keep your mouth closed because of PHI. Rewarding is knowing there is a job for me now.
Pros
The hospital is small but everyone is like a family.
Cons
Need a real job.
Always learned something different
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 10, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Never a dull moment. You get to know the people in the town and you build these relationships that you will never forget.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 25, 2014
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from the client to deal with.
fun place to work
Patient Registration Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 19, 2014
It was a fun place to work except it can get busy at times. After the new management changed a couple of years ago, staff was replaced and heard many bad things about the hospital. It once had a good reputation before the new management/owner took over and now it is underwater.
Pros
volunteers get free lunch
poor work environment
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 10, 2014
After working at meadowlands hospital, it became very evident that the way the hospital had been run was very unorthodox and extremely unprofessional.
Pros
free parking
Cons
poor employee benefits and extremely anti union environment.
nice and clean hospital
Laboratory Technologist/Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 10, 2014
nice and clean hospital. Good experience with the patients and nurses
n/a
Maternal Child Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 7, 2014
n/a
I do not wish to write a review at this time, However the staff or doctors and nurses are amazing people with great skill and love of their patients.

Crazy place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 7, 2013
Filled with supervisors who do not know their left from their right, who make decisions that look out of this world. Sometimes, I think the hospital is not doing well because of the people managing it. A typical day at work is madness. Many times, no one was scheduled to take over from me and I would end up doing a double shift only to be paid for just one shift.

I always wondered about the quality of the whole work there.
Cons
everything
work life
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 19, 2013
employees were great to work with, very good learning experience of hospital life
Great entry level job
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 19, 2013
My time there was great learned a lot. Gained so much experience.
Pros
fast paced, great place to work
Cons
short breaks
My first job as nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 6, 2013
Excellent hospital, I worked all units as a float pool then went on to Occupational Clinic I spent 4 years in total there total learning experience
Pros
experience
Unethical
Materials Management - Buyer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 6, 2013
Very unorthadox place to work. Company does not show enough that they care about there employees and what it stands for.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 19, 2013
Working in MHMC you learn that there is no team work at all. You don't only have one boss everyone is your boss and the communication from the management to staff is HORRIBLE. People get promotion just because who they know someone from the pent house instead of what they know.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
everything!
I believe in what MHMC could be!
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 14, 2013
Registration of patient's in the Emergency Room and Admitting. Data Entry and verification of patient's demographic,employment and insurance information. Verification of insurance and co-payments for all patient types. Make appointments for patient's requiring follow-up specialist visits.
I learned how to utilize many systems including STAR, Gaffey, ICD-9 coding to ensure accuracy for billing and data entry.
I worked independently, however we had 1 supervisor in case we needed assistance.
I worked with a small group, we all had designated areas.
The hardest part of the job was being understaffed making it difficult to have work/life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge I gained being new in the medical field.
Pros
free lunch for 1 year
Cons
understaffed, seldom lunch breaks.
Unstable Hospital
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Secaucus New JerseyNovember 11, 2012
Meadowlands Hospital is very unstable. I have worked for better hospitals in the past they under pay. They give free lunch it saves you a little money each week. When they lay you off be excepted to be handed a letter with about four sentences due to economic reason we have to reduce our workforce. Why would make a statement then turn around in have orientation a couple days before you do a layoff. I think they know in advance weather they can afford to pay workers the correct salary range.
Pros
free lunch
Great Facility
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus NJOctober 17, 2012
My typical day at work consisted of handling a 6 line phone for the Radiology Department. Schedule Radiology Procedures. Such as Mri,Cat-Scan,Xray,Ultrasound,Nuclear Medicine and Sleep Study procedures. I verified all patients insurances. Pre-Reged all patients accounts a week ahead of time. Registered patients who enter in the facility wether it be for Radiology or the Emergency Room,under the HIPPA law.Scanned each patients documents into our system. Verified all walk-ins insurances.Verified benefits,eligibility,if authorizations or referrals are required. Faxed final reports to all referring doctors. Prepared films for patients who called ahead of time to request. Discharged patients,Transfered patients upon nurses request. Closed each patients account who did not show for there appointment, Collected proper Co-pays. Kept a very professional demenor at all times. Patient Satisfaction cames first. My co-workers were the most wonderful people around. They were very helpful,sincere and dedicated people. The most hardest part of my job was not loving what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the patients feels comfortable and giving them the satisfaction of throwing a sincere smile on there face. I have learned that no matter what your job title is in a hospital setting you must love what you do in order to truly help someone. I also learned that not everyday will be perfect, there will be some days where you will have challenges and you will deal with certain people who will not be as friendly as the last but one thing I always kept in mind was to always try my  more... best and never give up on any patient. Alway remain professional and sincere. My managment team was not as stable as it should have been. I was blessed to have the higher authority who were wonderful and strong woman.  less
Pros
free lunch, free parking, wonderful co-workers, smoke free facility
Cons
unstable managment
Without a doubt one of the best places to work in NJ
Admissions (Current Employee) –  NJSeptember 19, 2012
After years of feeling left out from the internal cultures of 2 other major hospitals, I finally feel like i'm making a difference, Patient Care comes first and that's exactly what i signed up for..
Pros
(and the best food on the planet)
Cons
can't think of any...
Work hard, play hard
Acting CEO (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 6, 2012
Takeover from non-profit to for-profit
Lot of opportunity