Meadville Medical Center

Meadville Medical Center Employer Reviews

very productive department
LPN - Ability (Former Employee), Meadville, PAApril 28, 2013
Great managers, caring, assistance when asked for help. Managers willing to work with work & home life when it's needed. (time off for family or medical leave)
Work there if you're a suck up.
LPN (Former Employee), Meadville, PASeptember 22, 2012
Pros: pay scale and benefits
Cons: two-faced co-workers and management
Most of the women nurses that work there are terrible! They talk about eachother, they don't train you right, they use you as a CNA and don't teach you how to do their job. It's sink or swim and management doesn't seem to care either. The pay scale is pretty good and benefits are excellent. It's a clean place to work.
Busy outpatient oncology practice
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Meadville, PASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: work hours
Cons: cramped and uncomfortable working conditions contributing to unnecessary distraction, noise, lack of empowerment
I work in a very small and cramped 256 square foot outpatient oncology pharmacy. We have a USP797 complaint clean room with gowning/ante room but our space is extremely limited. Room temperature varies widely between 50 and 80 degrees on any given day. Refrigerator and other electrical run very loudly contributing to distracting noise. We prepare chemotherapy – more... and other outpatient IV therapies but we see 80% of our patients between 8am and 12 noon due to physician work schedules. Concerns that have been voiced regarding working conditions and schedules go unheeded by management. My hours are quite good; Mon-Fri 8am-430pm, but despite my best efforts to bring problems to managements' attention, still much needs improvement. – less
Assessments
Internship (Former Employee), Meadville, PaJune 11, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: management
I was required to do drug and alcohol assessments on clients how had been court order to treatment. Based on their needs I would recommended a level of care that met their needs.