Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews

Good teamwork
Homecare Program Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM 88005May 24, 2017
Good place to work, however you need an education for advancement. I learned how to work with diverse populations and how to supervise effectively. The hardest part of my job was multitasking. However I had strong support from my director, and I was able to learn how to manage my time and how to prioritize.
N/a
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 12, 2017
I assist client with medical equipment, doing assessments for clients so they can have a hot meal daily and not have to worry about being hungry,or where the next meal is coming from.
Meals on Wheels
CITY VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 8, 2017
This is a volunteer job, in which I learned how great it can be putting a smile on someone's face. The job is simple, driving to various locations to deliver food to others. The hardest part of the job was during the winter and driving to people's houses in the snow.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Childress, TXMay 3, 2017
It was a great experience to work for a place that the main goal is to help the elderly and disabled with meals. You get satisfaction knowing that these people get at least one healthly meal each day.
Pros
Helping people
The workers are nice there
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 3, 2017
A good place to work for. Management and head cook are super nice.you meet different people there cause there is a lot of volunteers that work there.they are very friendly
Pros
Meet all kinds of people
Cons
They throw you in to work without training
great companny
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 1, 2017
This company is great. Has professional and kind individuals who I would work with any day. Individuals who go out of their way to help others who can't quite help themselves.
review
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2017
Interning at Meals on Wheals has been one of the best experiences of my life and I am glad I got the opportunity. I have very supportive supervisor and the over all working environment is excellent.
refreshing
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 29, 2017
Meals of wheels is a very important job. This job caters to the elderly that may be immobile or maybe just at a disadvantage. To be able to make sure they ate was a great feeling.
Pros
Nice people you meet
day at work
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2017
Start meals haven't learned nothing Management Poor the hardest part of job Managers threatens your job Security the most Lovable thing is I get to do what I love is Cook
Volunteer Position
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 23, 2017
many opportunities to help aged and differently-abled people live their lives. Tasks include driving meals to housebound elderly, preparing lunchtime meals, other duties as assigned.

helping people is the biggest reward, unpaid volunteer position.
Good Environment, Lack of Opportunity
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2017
Excellent environment, good people, but lacks advancement and mobility. All things considered, they're great for volunteer opportunities. Cant' really speak on career opportunity.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no mobility / advancement
I enjoyed delivering meals to those in need and see them smile.
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
I volunteered for meals on wheels for about year. I enjoyed bringing food to those in need and seeing a smile on their face when I arrived. I hope to continue doing this when possible.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare needs
Most rewarding volunteer position I've had. Enjoyed working with seniors and veterans.
Food Concierge, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAApril 10, 2017
Enjoyed helping our elderly community, including our Veterans who attend Meals on Wheels.
It was one of my most rewarding jobs.

Produce and bread are given out to seniors twice a month to take home.

Manager and volunteers are all dedicated to Meals on Wheels members. They are treated with t he utmost respect and patience.
Pros
Free lunches for seniors who are on limited income.
Comfort INN
Meal Preparation (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAMarch 28, 2017
I have herd nothing but good things about your company. Would like to work for your company. Great place to stay clean environment very comfortable and relaxing place to stay I would recommend it to anyone to stay there.
Pros
exelant food
Cons
there is none
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 15, 2017
I volunteered preparing and packing bagged lunches and hot plates for delivery to select elderly and home bound. Also assisted in delivering meals to participants.
Always needs volunteers!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMarch 14, 2017
It is a rewarding opportunity to serve aging shut-ins. Flexibility is important in serving. Routes may be walking or driving but either option is about a two hour commitment.
Great work enviroment and overall a great place towork
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 14, 2017
I worked there since I was 6 years old, washing truck tires. Once I was around ten years old, I washed the trucks. Then I was promoted to tea brewer, brewing 180 gallons a day. At sixteen years old I became the inventory specialist. Great job. They are no longer a food truck service but a sandwich shop in GA.
Pros
Overall a great job
Cons
location
Volunteer Position
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 20, 2017
I have been volunteering with Meals on Wheels for over 7 years. Its a good way to give back to the community. It has set schedule for the most part unless the delivery truck is late which sometimes puts you behind. Also closed for all major holidays.
Pros
Set schedule and route
Cons
Only volunteer positions available
Great Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Delivered meals to the elderly and disabled. Very fulfilling volunteer opportunity. Very organized and professional.
very nice place to work
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2017
i was giving a chance to cook and give back to the people of my city and enjoy the smiles and just over all place of work .open mind to new foods and gave my a chane to show i can do more in all ways and culture of foods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meals on Wheels. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4