Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews

i love the fact that i am making a difference in the community
site supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2015
Cons: only 3 hours a day
i am a site supervisor over paid and volunteer drivers responsible for delivering over 300 meals monday through friday.
Packer (Former Employee), Largo, FLJuly 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here as a packer. I would pack the coolers for the drivers to take to their clients. All the people I worked with were very nice.
Fun and productive workplace
Food Expeditor (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAJuly 25, 2015
A typical day at work includes rinsing off fruits and vegetables and utensils and preparing meals for the elderly. We often had long breaks when we completed our tasks on time.
The most rewarding job I ever had.
Meals on Wheels Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 13, 2015
I loved this job. working with the elderly and disabled person in the Dane County area. Loved hearing their stories and visiting their homes. Worst part was when the company closed down and I wasn't able to see them again.
MOW
Volunteer (Former Employee), CorvallisJuly 11, 2015
Package meals for elderly and serve food to them
Maintain a clean kitchen, establish a connection with volunteers to better understand what they need to help out
work was busy
Stockroom clerk (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: being busy
Cons: not all co-workers were helpful
took donations in sorted priced put on floor to sell. took out trash and broke down boxes we work as a team the customers were local people from around town
Productive workers serving the community
office & second shift manager, human resources (Current Employee), 2 Lukens Dr New Castle DeJuly 1, 2015
Pros: self-fulfilling job, management skills, HR
Cons: Problems need to be executed properly by higher up management
A typical work day is from 830-930 am, Monday through friday. I handle all paperwork for the following day. Maintain employee problems. Keep track of all in and out punches. Write up employees for being late or not showing up to work. The hardest part of my job is when a meals are forgotten and we have to come up with a plan to run the company and perform the proper service. I love that everyday I am helping to feed the public.
Meals on wheels provides a homebound person with a nutritious hot ,noontime meal with a friendly deliverer.
Food Server (Former Employee), East Dublin, GAJune 14, 2015
Pros: free food, pleasant people, great clients
Cons: one 10 minute break
Drivers provide a wellness check each visit. If a client doesn't open door an emergency contact is provided to check on client because in many factors a drivers quick response may result in saving a clients life. HOT Meals are served Monday thru Friday at 12pm noon. Clients have two types of meals to choose from, one is the more healthy meal which is low in sodium ,fat and cholesterol. Option two is considered the more deluxe meal. These meals are considered restaurant meals which are usually available 7 days out of the week two can be delivered on Saturday. This program is amazing . We usually are the number one choice for the younger community to choose to volunteer with.
good work enviorment
Associate (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLMay 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The hours are not long so if needed to only work a few hours would be good. Mostly dealing with customers helping bring in donations or loading things in cars.
Productive and busy environment
Human Services Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2015
Meals on wheels is a great company and it gave me most of my hands on experience for the human services field. A typical day at internship was assessing clients, delivering meals and answering clients calls. The management team there was very helped, knowable and skilled in their area of work. The staff there was very polite, respectful and opened to new staff members. The hardest part about the job was talking to older adults on the phone sometimes because they were hard of hearing. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people of different walks of life and helping them wit there hardships.
it was very fun over all working with them
food server (Former Employee), Massillon ohioMay 19, 2015
Every one was very respectful to each and I the hours they work. they don't work on the holidays. show on time is a key to the company and being respectful to the customer. the building is very small and it look like a family business
Great place to give back
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 13, 2015
This was a great opportunity to give back to those in the community and to interact with others. It was very fast paced and everyone was willing to work with one another.
fun job
Cook/Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2015
its a job that u fall in love with because of the employees was like family and when u go out and talk to the senior citizen that's what make u happy about this job u really don't no how senior living until u work for them.
Productive work place
Driver (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMay 6, 2015
Pros: The people you come in contact with
Cons: No healthcare benefits
I just delivered homemade meals to the elderly on a daily basis. I interacted with the people on my route which made it more enjoyable to work for the City of Clovis. The job was some what stressful because we had some co-workers that made it hard to work with. The job was only part-time so there were no benefits. The hardest part was leaving my route because the City no longer funded the program.
Busy workplace
COO (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Short breaks, benefits
This is like a family environment business with the mission to serve seniors in Contra Costa County.
I learned to never give up and to do whatever it takes to find resources to the most venerable population, "our seniors."
When we couldn't find the help needed for a needed senior that was the hardest part of the job, we always tried though. The most enjoyable part of the job being able to serve thousands of seniors, seeing their smiles and knowing their stories.
Motivational and productive spacious company
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Dover, DEApril 20, 2015
Learned how productive this company was in delivering meals to those in need. This company is non-profit organization. As I worked there I learned to file names and address, organize food, recognize health benefits, and even had to personally deliver meals to senior citizens ages 60 and above and those with health benefits.
Great place, happy to work there.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Lafayette, INApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great work environment and co workers. Always something going on to keep you on your toes.
Cons: Not always enough to do to fill up a work day as a lower tier employee but this is rare.
You'll learn a lot about quick decision making as problems arise which are not necessarily on the organization's end. But with a group of great people working there, it's easy goings and a wonderful job that helps others.
Company Parities
delivery driver (Former Employee), san franciscoMarch 23, 2015
Pros: off early
Cons: no breaks
deliver meals to home bound clients. Nice people. heavy days on Fridays due to weekend food delivery. Great co workers.
Meals on Wheels
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed meals on wheels it was a really pleasant experience and I would absolutely to work for them again, I enjoyed working with the seniors and the staff, the only down fall is the pay, if the pay was better it would be a great job.
Meal Delivery to Home-bound
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: smiling faces, life stories
Cons: seeing people homebound
Delivering meals to the home-bound in the afternoon time was a typical workday. Riding around in a car with simple meals for lunch. I learned that some people can't leave their houses even if they wanted something as simple as a meal. My co-workers were amazing. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that what I was doing was for no profit and hearing all of their stores.

1 2 3 4 5