Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels Employer Reviews

a feeling of self worth and comfortable place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: relaxing atmosphere and doing something rewarding
Cons: not enough hours
It was fun and I was proud to part of a team that loved our job. It was easy to get along because sometimes we each run into a problem that requires a helping hand..
Worthwhile mission
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Sparkill, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: feel good job, caring environment, free lunch
Cons: poor pay
Pick up seniors and transport to center
Assist at Senior Center
Helping people who can not help themselves is the right thing to do.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Culver City, CaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: doing the right thing
Cons: none at all
Delivered three hot meals to the elderly and disabled.Very clean kitchen and friendly people who really take pride in their work.
Very helpful, positive vibe, great feeling and something I would do again
Food Prep (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: helping out patrons and serving them great food.
Cons: no cons.
It was a volunteering/community service experience and it was a great feeling helping and feeding others. Making sure they don't have a empty stomach.
fun job with friendly benefits
Driver (Current Employee), Lawrence, MAJune 25, 2014
enjoyable because I know I am making a difficult day for others happy
Kitchen Director
Rainbow Senior Center (Former Employee), Boerne, TXJune 24, 2014
I thought this job was wonderful. We cooked for the senior citizens and provided someone for them to talk to. The Rainbow Senior Center was a great place to work with.
Dedicated workers and a positive atmosphere
Volunteer Packer (Former Employee), Millersville, PAJune 16, 2014
Pros: helpful volunteers, free snacks
Cons: only a volunteer position
I loved each and every one of the volunteers and workers at the Millersville Area MOW! They were helpful and I really felt like part of the team. A typical morning consisted of preparing a hot and cold meals and packing them for departure. After the regular volunteers left, I stayed after to sweep and mop. I learned a lot about the Meals on Wheels organization – more... and the increasing need for prepared meals for the elderly and disabled community. My executive director was great and she never hesitated to find extra work for me. They made me feel like a valuable team member and I really felt like I have made a difference. The hardest part was waking up at 7 AM, but as soon as I got there I was excited to work. The most enjoyable part was conversing with the other volunteers and helping them pack food. – less
Non profit agency striving to meet nutritional needs in community
Coordinator (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 15, 2014
Pros: flexiblity in schedule and of course community service
Cons: disqualifying meal recipients
Interviewing potential and active recipients of meals including needs, living situations and financial qualifications. Worked under direction of the board of directors in balancing a budget needed to provide services, The hardest part of this job was requesting qualifying clients to contribute to the cost of the meals. The other side was when individuals – more... who most benefited were served. – less
Hostile work environment with no promise of advancement.
Food prep and other various tasks. (Former Employee), Rutland, VTMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: read review
Overall, working here was mediocre. I worked here for a few years going above and beyond, but they did nothing to entice me to stay. The job held no challenge, or promise of advancement or raise. Also the environment was both hostile and unproductive. The supervisors cared more about being friends with certain employees than about a productive kitchen.
In – more... the beginning working there was fun, but the constant joking loses its charm when you want to work and get your job done. In the end the lack of attentive supervisors and lack luster workers as well as a painfully hostile work environment, led to me leaving and searching for a job where the work is taken seriously with light humor. – less
Learning environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 1, 2014
Pros: the learning opportunities offered by new hanover county.
I enjoy helping people so a typical day at Meals on Wheels is one filled with opportunites to serve, encourage and educate people. I supervised enthusiastic volunteers that would do whatever takes to ensure great customer service for our clients. I learned how to be more flexible and resourceful when it comes to the Senior population. The hardest part – more... of this job was not being able to help everyone, there are policies, procedures and rules that I had to follow which made it hard to really help and be a good resource for a senior in need. What I loved the most is the interaction with the clients and volunteers, the volunteers shared my love for helping and serving in the community and that made my job easier and fulfilling. The clients had alot to share and it was humbling to serve someone that fought in WWI and WWII as well as those that played a part in America's history. The entire company worked as a team to make such a wonderful program run like clockwork. – less
Great working environment
Site Manager (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHApril 25, 2014
A great place to work with people who care. Always meeting new people.
Productive and fun
Assistant Cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2014
I would cook meals for the Seniors an have volunteers come deliver the meals to the Senior homes.
Meals on Wheels
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: helping others and doing what i love which is cooking.
Cons: not receiving compensation.
I volunteerd at Meals on Wheels for my required externship at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary College. I was not paid and was well aware of this fact before I began. I enjoyed helping others in need and would have loved to become a permanent employee but their funds were limited.
Excellent workplace
Resident Driver (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 23, 2014
Meals on wheels gave me the opportunity to do what I do best as far as interaction with seniors and helping with task they so desperately needed
Fun
Delivering for the Needy (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: great job
I loved working with these people they were great, everyday I would meet someone new. It was good meeting all different people from all walks of life and conversating with them.
Fun work study position
Work Study Employee (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 10, 2014
The staff and volunteers at Meals on Wheels are enjoyable to work with, and providing meals to homebound individuals in Ann Arbor is incredibly rewarding.
Fun workplace and amazing experience helping others
Cook/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: freemeals
The days were always fun. Cooking and cleaning were not the most fun of the day however. The most fun times were spent delivering the meals to the elderly and getting to engage in great conversation with each person.
It was nice to give back
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Show low azMarch 16, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no money
Cooking at the senior citizens center was a nice place to work The management was nice my co-worker was enjoyable to work with
Great organization
Video Journalist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good deed
Cons: internship
This non profit does some great things for the less fortunate and disabled. I loved spreading awareness of their hard work to the community and trying to get other involved to make a difference in someone's life.
Providing a helping hand.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great staff morale and unity within the employees.
Cons: the organization could be a bit more organized.
Working for Meals in Wheels was a great experience because i was able to gain administrative skills and at the same time help the less fortunate.Management could be better when it comes to organization but aside fro that it was an enjoyable experience.

1 2 3 4 5