Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews

Fast Paced detail oriented
Cook/Prep/Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Suisun City, CAJuly 17, 2017
Meals on wheels was a very fulfilling position because of the work I knew I was providing to the community. It was a position I took a lot of pride in knowing I was serving the most vulnerable consumers in the food service industry.
This is a great volunteer job. I love helping out.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Angola, NYJuly 9, 2017
I only help out once a week, and I'm not a paid employee. I volunteer at this job. I go in and help the drivers load their cars, so they can deliver the meals to the seniors to our area, who are not able to to make their own meals. I then help to unload the cars once the driver return.
Pros
Work with really good people.
Cons
A non profit organisation feeding senior citizens in need.
Site Manager / Cook (Former Employee) –  Connell, WAJuly 6, 2017
I was responsible for cooking, cleaning, scheduling, answering the phones, and fixing any problems that arose during a work day. It was a very rewarding position. Allowing me to use my customer service skills, my culinary knowledge and exercise my love of helping those in need. Everyone from the highest management down where caring and extremely easy to get along with and quick to problem solve.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Low pay
Fun Helping People
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2017
This job is mostly helping people out who are in need of food. This was a learning experience of not thinking all about myself and how some people are not as grateful as others. I wanted people to think equally and know that someone is able to help them out.
Great Place to work
Director/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 18, 2017
Working with Meals on Wheels was probably the most humbling experience in my life. to go to peoples home and see the conditions in which they lived but to still be able to smile. Great life lesson.
Pros
People
Cons
Living conditions of the people
Enlightening experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 15, 2017
I would typically arrive around 7am and work until 12pm a couple days a week. I would prepare meals to be delivered to elderly people around Boulder, and I would also serve them when they came into the building. It was a really enlightening experience because these people really did appreciate what all of us were doing for them.
Smiles are easily earned and shared
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2017
Its a wonderful place to volunteer and for a beautiful reason. I would suggest Meals On Wheels to anyone with a big heart and to anyone in need of the services they provide
Pros
happy faces
Cons
Breaks are only if you can catch one
Meals on Wheels
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
I enjoy the work/ life balance at Meals on Wheels. It allows me to spend more time with my family. You get a sense of fulfillment by being able to provide meals for others.
Great place to donate your free time.
Christian Senior Services (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
Meals on wheels serves the home bound seniors of the area. This is a great organization that really gives back to the community. The delivery drivers are all volunteers. Compensation & benefits are the smiles that you receive in return for bringing lunch to a deserving senior.
Pros
Appreciation, smiles, new friends, helping humans.
Cons
no cons
Fun workplace
Kitchen Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 6, 2017
The staff is friendly and welcoming. I like serving the community and making a difference. Hours are flexible and able to choose the days I want to volunteer.
Happy to meet the old folk.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Delivery driverMay 31, 2017
Very enjoyable - meeting and talking to people and being able to drive around the local area. Seeing that the old and disabled folk were happy to see you.
Pros
Meeting people
GREAT place to work
Social Work Assessor (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 30, 2017
amazing opportunities
work culture is welcoming, inviting, and friendly
you learn a lot from clients that help you to become a better helping professional
it's not work if you love what you do
Good teamwork
Homecare Program Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM 88005May 24, 2017
Good place to work, however you need an education for advancement. I learned how to work with diverse populations and how to supervise effectively. The hardest part of my job was multitasking. However I had strong support from my director, and I was able to learn how to manage my time and how to prioritize.
N/a
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 12, 2017
I assist client with medical equipment, doing assessments for clients so they can have a hot meal daily and not have to worry about being hungry,or where the next meal is coming from.
Meals on Wheels
CITY VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 8, 2017
This is a volunteer job, in which I learned how great it can be putting a smile on someone's face. The job is simple, driving to various locations to deliver food to others. The hardest part of the job was during the winter and driving to people's houses in the snow.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Childress, TXMay 3, 2017
It was a great experience to work for a place that the main goal is to help the elderly and disabled with meals. You get satisfaction knowing that these people get at least one healthly meal each day.
Pros
Helping people
The workers are nice there
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 3, 2017
A good place to work for. Management and head cook are super nice.you meet different people there cause there is a lot of volunteers that work there.they are very friendly
Pros
Meet all kinds of people
Cons
They throw you in to work without training
great companny
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 1, 2017
This company is great. Has professional and kind individuals who I would work with any day. Individuals who go out of their way to help others who can't quite help themselves.
review
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2017
Interning at Meals on Wheals has been one of the best experiences of my life and I am glad I got the opportunity. I have very supportive supervisor and the over all working environment is excellent.
refreshing
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 29, 2017
Meals of wheels is a very important job. This job caters to the elderly that may be immobile or maybe just at a disadvantage. To be able to make sure they ate was a great feeling.
Pros
Nice people you meet