Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews

It is an ok place to work.
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 2, 2016
I have learn many things and I am glad to have learned. I enjoy the people I work with, and working as a team. We feed the elderly and shut in. No more to tell.
Pros
Paid holidays and weeks off
Cons
Short handed at times
A community job that helps the eldery during their times of needs
Congregate Meal Center Volunteer (Former Employee) –  East Dublin, GAFebruary 2, 2016
The aging population is escalating rapidly and so is the need for volunteers. That's why we've launched the Meals on Wheels Online Volunteer Drive, supported by Subaru, to connect local Meals on Wheels programs with caring individuals like you who can help the seniors in your own community.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2016
The West View kitchen where I volunteer is wonderful. The only paid employee is the chef, the other men and women who help to ensure our approximately 60 clients get a delicious and nutritious meal are all volunteers. It is a great and fun place to be as well as a good place to help in my mission to be of service to others.
Pros
the volunteers, helping others, good place to network
Cons
doing a marvelous job with less than suitable conditions
Volunteer driver, to deliver hot meals to clients (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2016
1 - gather the meals the day and make sure you have enough meals on hand for the deliveries you need to make

2 - i learned that everyone is subject to ill timed conditions and most people do appreciate you and the job of the institution on a daily basis

3 - i learned that someone likely to be worse-off than you are, to appreciate the little things in life before can vanish overnight

4 - everyone at Meals on Wheels seemed to be dedicated to offering the best and creating a very helpful outcome for both the clients and company alike
Pros
thank you's by the clients that were geuine
Great staff
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Placentia, CADecember 15, 2015
Volunteer work, delivering meals to disabled, ill, elderly clients. Help with clients daily needs. I lover the feeling of giving back .
Pros
MEET ALOT OF NEAT AND INTERESTING PEOPLE
Cons
NONE, VOLUNTEER WORK DOESN'T PAY THE BILLS, BUT IS REWARDING
Excellent feeling to know you are providing the elderly with their meals daily
Delivery Route Driver (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 12, 2015
Because this is a voluntary position I cannot comment of job security, benefits, or compensation. I love the people I met both at the MACOA office and the customers homes I visited.
Pros
You are helping others that are very much in need
Cons
No cons...you know what you are getting into financially if you volunteer.
Great Place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 11, 2015
Wonderful experience learning new skills and experiencing the helpful culture. Great people to work with, everyone is really nice to each other.
Pros
People are nice
Very productive
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
Meals on Wheels was a very interesting volunteer position. I was able to meet some very interesting clients while volunteering there. I had a lot of fun being able to help those that were elderly or disabled.
moving
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  EvermanOctober 24, 2015
I was taught so much when I went there to volunteer, it really opens your eyes up to how much suffering there is.I felt very inspired fortunate to be where I am now.
Enthusiatic management with a collaborative environment.
Creative Development (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2015
Meals On Wheels promoted an enthusiastic, collaborative environment during my time meeting with the executive director, designing the concept, and scheduling the shoot with their communications coordinator. They were helpful, kind, and offered as much assistance as I needed to do the job well.
Rewarding volunteer work
Board member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 15, 2015
Once a week I delivered meals on wheels to seniors. I also served on the board until I started volunteering for NAMI SEK. Many of the people I served were so happy to see me because I might be the only interaction they would have for several days
Pros
Helping people
Very interesting and friendly people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, MNOctober 3, 2015
Doing Meals on Wheels every summer with my grandparents when I stay with them gives me a chance to meet some new people and talk to the regulars. The people we serve are friendly and love to talk if they get the chance. The hardest part of the job is getting the meals to the customers on time, because lunch is their only meal for the day. The most enjoyable is seeing everyone getting their meals.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No cons
i loved it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heaven Street Baltimore,mdOctober 2, 2015
taken care of the needs of others,to make sure that i show concern for the needs of those in need helped to put me in tune with who i am a an individual .
Pros
knowing love really does conquers all
Cons
it put a lot of wear and tear on my vehicle
Meals on Wheels deliery driver
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, PASeptember 29, 2015
A great place to volunteer if you like delivering to people in the Brownsville and surrounding area, oh yeah!

Fun work place, with supportive management.

Not all about the numbers, but how you personally grow and develop.

Not much red tape and politics.
Pros
2 dollar lunch, and great socializing opportunities
Cons
occasional ham lunch, and a few crowded days.
in the work area
Driver & Meals Delivery (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 23, 2015
i like working with people helping them in ways i can i always interact with i learn alot talking to them. i love management working with them and my co workers taking and working with them the hardest part of the job was with it was over the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the job very supportive to me the co-worker help me alot when i frist and still on the the job very nice
Food Delivery
MANAGER & DISPACHER (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 14, 2015
Taking and placing food orders over the phone and by fax. Making sure that orders are delivered on time. Dispatching over 20 drivers to restaurants to pick up and deliver orders. Handled customer complaints making sure a problems were corrected swiftly and in a timely manner.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leasure World Silver Spring MDSeptember 11, 2015
An organization with detail customer service along with management
duties . Client base program that not only serves food to the clients but provides source of communication and companion care for the client .Very good company to work for,
Pros
The customer care.
Cons
lots of walking.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 4, 2015
Meals on Wheels is great volunteer work for anyone looking for volunteer hours for school or even just to do something in the community.
volunteer director
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 10, 2015
Love working with the elderly. Loved the volunteers. My job was basically talking with them and making sure everything was ready for them.
Nice place to work. the program is very. beneficial to those in need.
HEAD CHEF (Current Employee) –  linden,n.jJuly 28, 2015
I work for a program that is very dear to my heart and that is feeding people who are in need . My co workers are nice.There is no room for advancement, which is disappointing in a program that is so great. A typical work day consists of meal prep, cooking 3,000 meals, packaging the meals on the Alli machine. Management of staff and inventory. Meal planning and taste testing new products is also part of my day.

4.4