Meals on Wheels Employee Reviews in United States

Enthusiatic management with a collaborative environment.
Creative Development (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2015
Meals On Wheels promoted an enthusiastic, collaborative environment during my time meeting with the executive director, designing the concept, and scheduling the shoot with their communications coordinator. They were helpful, kind, and offered as much assistance as I needed to do the job well.
Rewarding volunteer work
Board member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 15, 2015
Once a week I delivered meals on wheels to seniors. I also served on the board until I started volunteering for NAMI SEK. Many of the people I served were so happy to see me because I might be the only interaction they would have for several days
Pros
Helping people
Very interesting and friendly people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, MNOctober 3, 2015
Doing Meals on Wheels every summer with my grandparents when I stay with them gives me a chance to meet some new people and talk to the regulars. The people we serve are friendly and love to talk if they get the chance. The hardest part of the job is getting the meals to the customers on time, because lunch is their only meal for the day. The most enjoyable is seeing everyone getting their meals.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No cons
i loved it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heaven Street Baltimore,mdOctober 2, 2015
taken care of the needs of others,to make sure that i show concern for the needs of those in need helped to put me in tune with who i am a an individual .
Pros
knowing love really does conquers all
Cons
it put a lot of wear and tear on my vehicle
Meals on Wheels deliery driver
Volunteer Driver (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, PASeptember 29, 2015
A great place to volunteer if you like delivering to people in the Brownsville and surrounding area, oh yeah!

Fun work place, with supportive management.

Not all about the numbers, but how you personally grow and develop.

Not much red tape and politics.
Pros
2 dollar lunch, and great socializing opportunities
Cons
occasional ham lunch, and a few crowded days.
in the work area
Driver & Meals Delivery (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 23, 2015
i like working with people helping them in ways i can i always interact with i learn alot talking to them. i love management working with them and my co workers taking and working with them the hardest part of the job was with it was over the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the job very supportive to me the co-worker help me alot when i frist and still on the the job very nice
Food Delivery
MANAGER & DISPACHER (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 14, 2015
Taking and placing food orders over the phone and by fax. Making sure that orders are delivered on time. Dispatching over 20 drivers to restaurants to pick up and deliver orders. Handled customer complaints making sure a problems were corrected swiftly and in a timely manner.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leasure World Silver Spring MDSeptember 11, 2015
An organization with detail customer service along with management
duties . Client base program that not only serves food to the clients but provides source of communication and companion care for the client .Very good company to work for,
Pros
The customer care.
Cons
lots of walking.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 4, 2015
Meals on Wheels is great volunteer work for anyone looking for volunteer hours for school or even just to do something in the community.
volunteer director
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 10, 2015
Love working with the elderly. Loved the volunteers. My job was basically talking with them and making sure everything was ready for them.
Nice place to work. the program is very. beneficial to those in need.
HEAD CHEF (Current Employee) –  linden,n.jJuly 28, 2015
I work for a program that is very dear to my heart and that is feeding people who are in need . My co workers are nice.There is no room for advancement, which is disappointing in a program that is so great. A typical work day consists of meal prep, cooking 3,000 meals, packaging the meals on the Alli machine. Management of staff and inventory. Meal planning and taste testing new products is also part of my day.
i love the fact that i am making a difference in the community
site supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2015
i am a site supervisor over paid and volunteer drivers responsible for delivering over 300 meals monday through friday.
Cons
only 3 hours a day
Packer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here as a packer. I would pack the coolers for the drivers to take to their clients. All the people I worked with were very nice.
Fun and productive workplace
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJuly 25, 2015
A typical day at work includes rinsing off fruits and vegetables and utensils and preparing meals for the elderly. We often had long breaks when we completed our tasks on time.
The most rewarding job I ever had.
Meals on Wheels Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 13, 2015
I loved this job. working with the elderly and disabled person in the Dane County area. Loved hearing their stories and visiting their homes. Worst part was when the company closed down and I wasn't able to see them again.
Mow
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  CorvallisJuly 11, 2015
Package meals for elderly and serve food to them
Maintain a clean kitchen, establish a connection with volunteers to better understand what they need to help out
work was busy
Stockroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 9, 2015
took donations in sorted priced put on floor to sell. took out trash and broke down boxes we work as a team the customers were local people from around town
Pros
being busy
Cons
not all co-workers were helpful
Productive workers serving the community
office & second shift manager, human resources (Current Employee) –  2 Lukens Dr New Castle DeJuly 1, 2015
A typical work day is from 830-930 am, Monday through friday. I handle all paperwork for the following day. Maintain employee problems. Keep track of all in and out punches. Write up employees for being late or not showing up to work. The hardest part of my job is when a meals are forgotten and we have to come up with a plan to run the company and perform the proper service. I love that everyday I am helping to feed the public.
Pros
self-fulfilling job, management skills, HR
Cons
Problems need to be executed properly by higher up management
Meals on wheels provides a homebound person with a nutritious hot ,noontime meal with a friendly deliverer.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  East Dublin, GAJune 14, 2015
Drivers provide a wellness check each visit. If a client doesn't open door an emergency contact is provided to check on client because in many factors a drivers quick response may result in saving a clients life. HOT Meals are served Monday thru Friday at 12pm noon. Clients have two types of meals to choose from, one is the more healthy meal which is low in sodium ,fat and cholesterol. Option two is considered the more deluxe meal. These meals are considered restaurant meals which are usually available 7 days out of the week two can be delivered on Saturday. This program is amazing . We usually are the number one choice for the younger community to choose to volunteer with.
Pros
free food, pleasant people, great clients
Cons
one 10 minute break
good work enviorment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 23, 2015
The hours are not long so if needed to only work a few hours would be good. Mostly dealing with customers helping bring in donations or loading things in cars.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meals on Wheels. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4