Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels Employer Reviews

Great work enviroment
Volunteer - Visited (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 10, 2012
Meals on Wheels is a great place to work and the people are friendly.
Fun
Food Handler (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 9, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: n/a
There wasn't a paycheck because it was voluntary and it was for my church everyone was great.
Fulfilling job providing meals to the elderly and homebound.
Driver (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMay 25, 2012
Arriving promptly to work I would prepare the hot meals along with my co-workers. I would drive a refrigerated hot oven truck to different routes each week. My co-workers were always eager to assist one another. The hardest part of th job was accepting the fact the within life comes death. The most enjoyabe part of the job was the elderly and homebound – more... recipients were always grateful for delivering their meals each day. – less
fun working with elderly
Restaurant (Former Employee), Peekskill, NYMay 19, 2012
daily route setting up tables washing dishes kind co workers
Great Place to Work
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 16, 2012
Pros: good atmosphere, professional, non-profit work
The volunteers are amazing and the staff is supportive. It's good to be a part of an organization that does good for the community.
if you like to travel
Driver/office receptionist (Former Employee), Clarksdale, MSMay 1, 2012
good company got to meet different people. people were ok but worked at your own pace.
a very fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 29, 2012
Pros: easy work place
Cons: short breaks
I love working here its fun i love to help others and see them happy , i like to do for the homeless i enjoy cooking the food and serving them .
A fast pace,family sitting,team working atmosphere.
Assist Site Manager (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAApril 26, 2012
Pros: feeding the elderly, handycap the best meals, i can provide for them
Cons: long unexpected hours, the unexspected emergency's
My day starts by checking the phone messages to see if we had any employees called in are coming in late,
. Heating up the ovens and steam tables, filling it with water. Commuicating with the head manager and director about supply orders and menus for the following week,
I learn something every day to improve my work ethics and time and things not to – more... do also,
My coworkers were great people,working hard together to get the jobs done. We also had some great voluteers working with too
I believe that are management team worked well and complimented each other.
The hardest part of this job was stopping what I was doing to go home because I wanted everything to be easier for the next shift
so I'm always trying to make sure that all is in order before leaving

The most enjoyable part of this job is making sure the seniors are
getting the best meals and service possible from the food to the delivery's. – less
Fun to work there
Food Prep (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 18, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: just short hours
The other workers were easy to get along with. The manager was nice and freindly.
Independent Worker
Van Driver (Former Employee), 515 Haven StreetMarch 1, 2012
Flexible hours, great working environment, team-building. Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
Rewarding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Inglewood, CaliforniaJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: free lunch and a warm feeling in your heart.
Cons: but, sometimes your heart breaks.
Wonderful job if you love Seniors. A great chance to make a difference in the lives of older adults who are homebound and are in need of these essential services.
Honest,fun,and love working with the nice elderly people.
Helper/Server (Former Employee), Fresno,CADecember 7, 2011
Pros: free lunch, voulnteer work
Cons: summer job not full time
It was a great work experince for me. It wasnt a regular job it was volunteer work. I got to work one on one with the elderly people i served them lunch,played games with them an had great conversations with them. I loved working there for the summer i got along with everyone an everyday i came to work they were always to happy to see me.
good job
Volunteer (Current Employee), Milton, ONNovember 22, 2014
Finish sent to resume.

Golf closed for the season end winter.
Good to work for
Meels on Wheels (Current Employee), Goulburn, NSWNovember 21, 2014
Pros: goodness feeling
It is good to give something back to the community. It helps the poor unfortunate people of the area.
caring
volunteering as a driver/ board director (Current Employee), Brampton OntarioNovember 12, 2014
Delivering meals to the elderly and infirmed on a daily basis Brampton Meals on Wheels provides an in-valuable community service that I am very proud to be a part of.
Enjoyable
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), PICTON, N.S.W.October 12, 2014
Pick up meals from Picton "Meals on Wheels" and deliver to elderly customers.
Its an enjoyable morning knowing I am helping out the community. The elderly are happy to see me and its generally positive to see them.
The management at Picton are all very reliable. They have introduced me to several days of learning, to do with relating to the customers, – more... and safe working procedures. – less
Very rewarding to make them smile it makes me full.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Whyalla Stuart, SAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: work in my time
Cons: volutary work
A typical day at work is meeting very interesting people, I learn so much from the people I meet they tell me about growing up in the town. The co worker I have is excellent she make life very easy for me which is great we work so well together. The hardest part is when we lose someone. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the people I like – more... it very much. – less
Great Company
Cook (Current Employee), MaroochydoreMay 4, 2014
I learnt a lot about logistics. I would return if an opportunity present itself.
A fun and great environment!
Client Coordinator (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 11, 2014
I learned so much at this job. My coworkers are awesome, very helpful and always with a positive attitude. The clients are also great, very grateful with our volunteers and always happy to get their meals everyday.
Great working with the volunteers
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), MitcheltonFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: diversity of staff
Cons: outdated committee with no new ideas
My day starts at 05.30. Switch everything on in the kitchen and put pots on stove for soup. Take desserts ,prepared previous day. out of cold room for volunteers to pack.
07.30 is morning tea. Then pack the main meals, make soup. After that prepare dessert and mains for following day. 10.10 switch on oven for hot meals. 10.30 pack the hot meals in cases – more... followed by desserts. Pack frozen meals and prepare for next day.
11.00 tea break. 11.10 do all paperwork and clean kitchen.
12.30 finish.
Volunteers are great people to work with, everyday different workers.
The hardest part is all the different dietary requirements.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that 120 elderly people are being provided with a three course meal. – less