Measured Progress Employee Reviews in United States

Was a strong company that folks wanted to retire at. No longer.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 8, 2016
The company expects too much. Rather than onboarding with enough resources, they plan on their salary employees working 100+ hours a pay period. Expected to be on call around the clock and on weekends for many months. Moral is very low and some of the "fresh" hires from other organizations are trying to impose standards that take away from what we are known for. The company has lost its identity. There is no real focus or understanding of who and what we are anymore. Lots of initiatives that are dumped at the first sign of trouble rather than trying to improve.

A lot of hardworking, caring, and considerate workers who are tired and overworked. The more you excel at your job, the more you are expected to give with little to no recognition or compensation.
Pros
Cheap Vending Machines, On-site gym
Cons
Disconnected ELG. Functional Group Silos. Unrealistic expectations and almost no work/life balance.
fun work environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 7, 2016
I had a great time making a website for Measured Progress. They were friendly and communicative.

They clearly laid out what they wanted me to accomplish, and gave me the tools I needed to accomplish it. I've worked with Measured Progress in the past, and they've always provided exemplary employment practices.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
the cubicle work environment is not for everyone.
Do not work here
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 2, 2016
The company exploits the unemployed and discards them at will. Full-time employees can be laid-off at any time. Would not recommend working here.
Reliable work environment
Scoring Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 1, 2016
Hours were stable, and the supervisors made a consistent effort to reach out to employees concerning future employment opportunities.
Very fair to their employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  dover, nhSeptember 24, 2015
I was a receptionist. They treated me exceptionally well. I loved It !!
IIt was always busy - the day flew by and you met meany diffeent people.

Everyone was friendly and caring!
Pleasant work environment that fosters teamwork and innovation
Contracts Mangement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 28, 2015
Measured Progress is an industry leader in the development of customized, K-12 student assessments. Founded in 1983 (as Advanced Systems in Measurement and Evaluation) with initial contracts in Maine and Massachusetts, the company was a pioneer in authentic, standards-based assessments that contributed to teaching and learning. Our current and recent projects have provided assessment solutions for upwards of 2.5 million students. We’ve worked with state departments of education on summative assessments in more than 20 states, and we provide formative assessment solutions for teachers in hundreds of districts nationwide.
Pros
Great people and a pleasant work environment
Cons
A non-profit, the compensation and benefits conservative
People care about each other, but the management is driving the company into the ground
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 24, 2015
I met some lovely people in my tenure there, but as of late the company is floundering. They laid off about 1/3 of the workforce in June and July.

Priorities shift regularly, so it's difficult to know what to focus on. I found it had an "old boys" culture and and a sort of cliquey feel.

Most people there are highly committed to education, so it's said to see the company in such decline.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Clueless management
Negotiated with vendors to acquire quotes for IT equipment, licensing, student testing materials and general office supplies.
PURCHASING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 13, 2015
I met and worked with some good people. Unfortunately the company's recent financial struggles have led to benefit cut-backs and lay-offs.
Pros
Employee benefits and vacation time
Cons
Recent cut-backs and lay-offs
Undergoing cultural shift, toward financial prioritization
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 7, 2015
The education assessment industry is under tremendous strain at the moment. I suspect that all companies in this industry are experiencing volatility - and are each needing to find effective ways to respond to the market while retaining a qualified work force.
A local company with great benefits and chances of advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 30, 2015
Company grew from a small non-profit business to a large company. I grew within the company and advanced in my career. My fellow co-workers were very professional at what they did.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation days
Cons
Salary increases were small amounts

Want to know more about Measured Progress?

Ask a question
Entry Level
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 29, 2015
If you're looking for entry level job, this is the right fit for you. I learned that this company is micromanaged. It is strictly watched by the managers.
Was my "second family"
Accounts Payable Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 2, 2015
Was able to receive on-the-job training in the accounts payable group. Company very family-oriented; never a problem if I had to be out for an extended period of time. I thank MP for the chance to better me, as an employee and as a person.
I enjoyed my job.
Content Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 3, 2015
I really enjoyed my job at Measured Progress.
I liked my hours.
It was a great experience.
Great co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new things.
Great company! They value and support their employees with a great work/life balance
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 20, 2015
The company seeks input from all levels of employees. Provides a great working environment that fosters team work and fun in the workplace.
Pros
supports team fun outside of work, focuses on work/life balance and team games, awards prizes for accomplishments, generous benefits, plus much more
Cons
workload can be overwhelming at times, task redundancy happens due to lack of interdepartmental communication
Great experience until being laid off
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 24, 2014
I loved my job there until I was laid off due to state budget cuts.
Good company to work for,
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 1, 2014
Good working environment and staff. Clean and professional workspace.
Amazing Company with good people
Assistant Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 23, 2014
Good people, amazing benefits. very happy with the company
Flexable and nice place to work
Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 4, 2014
The Measured Progress family--peers and colleagues--make working here a great experience. I've never come across someone that wasn't willing to pitch in and help others along the way.
Typical workday will be stright out busy. Some projects are over due due to not enough people to manage the load.
Some Mid-level managers/directors also provide immense value to the organization and to their respective departments/teams while others do not. Benefits are exceptional but salaries could be more on par with local companies.
Pros
healthcare benefits, flexable work hours
Cons
to much work, not enough workers, severely underpayed staff, higher executives still make their industry standard salaries ($300k+).
A Walk on the Beach
Permanent, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 7, 2014
Working at the State Park was great, aside from having to write people tickets for their meters expiring. I learned a lot about humility and a lot about how to help people calm their emotions-- great customer service skill building.
I never rushed my job-- I always made sure I spent a good amount of time at each vehicle if I had a ticket to write, because many times the person who was late was only late by a few minutes, and they'd show up while I was there. I enjoyed that (and so did they!).
It worked in my favor too, because if I took 5 minutes to write the ticket, and I end up with an irate person with a ticket waving in my face, I can politely tell them that I spent a long time waiting at their vehicle, and that was the grace period. Most people are okay with that and accept that.
The job taught me a lot, plus I literally got to walk along the beach/walkway, soaking up the sunshine. Sure, I had to remain vigilant and patrol the beach parking lots, but I enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job: greeting tourists and day-visitors, assisting the disabled with proper access to our beaches, and otherwise making sure people have a nice visit while at our parks.
Pros
beach, great coworkers, decent pay, fun job when not giving tickets
Cons
hot/extreme weather, irate customers, no benefits, dangerous job
Wonderful company
Technical Writer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 14, 2014
Great management, good compensation, good job security, great atmosphere...friendly...professional. Overall a wonderful place to work.