Measured Progress

Measured Progress Employee Reviews

Was my "second family"
Accounts Payable Clerk II (Former Employee), Dover, NHApril 2, 2015
Was able to receive on-the-job training in the accounts payable group. Company very family-oriented; never a problem if I had to be out for an extended period of time. I thank MP for the chance to better me, as an employee and as a person.
I enjoyed my job.
Content Support Specialist (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 3, 2015
I really enjoyed my job at Measured Progress.
I liked my hours.
It was a great experience.
Great co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new things.
Great company! They value and support their employees with a great work/life balance
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Redding, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: supports team fun outside of work, focuses on work/life balance and team games, awards prizes for accomplishments, generous benefits, plus much more
Cons: workload can be overwhelming at times, task redundancy happens due to lack of interdepartmental communication
The company seeks input from all levels of employees. Provides a great working environment that fosters team work and fun in the workplace.
Great experience until being laid off
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Dover, NHNovember 24, 2014
I loved my job there until I was laid off due to state budget cuts.
Good company to work for,
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Dover, NHNovember 1, 2014
Good working environment and staff. Clean and professional workspace.
Amazing Company with good people
Assistant Security Administrator (Current Employee), Dover, NHOctober 23, 2014
Good people, amazing benefits. very happy with the company
Flexable and nice place to work
Desktop Support Technician II (Current Employee), Dover, NHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, flexable work hours
Cons: to much work, not enough workers, severely underpayed staff, higher executives still make their industry standard salaries ($300k+).
The Measured Progress family--peers and colleagues--make working here a great experience. I've never come across someone that wasn't willing to pitch in and help others along the way.
Typical workday will be stright out busy. Some projects are over due due to not enough people to manage the load.
Some Mid-level managers/directors also provide immense value to the organization and to their respective departments/teams while others do not. Benefits are exceptional but salaries could be more on par with local companies.
A Walk on the Beach
Permanent, Full-Time (Former Employee), Dover, NHApril 7, 2014
Pros: beach, great coworkers, decent pay, fun job when not giving tickets
Cons: hot/extreme weather, irate customers, no benefits, dangerous job
Working at the State Park was great, aside from having to write people tickets for their meters expiring. I learned a lot about humility and a lot about how to help people calm their emotions-- great customer service skill building.
I never rushed my job-- I always made sure I spent a good amount of time at each vehicle if I had a ticket to write, because many times the person who was late was only late by a few minutes, and they'd show up while I was there. I enjoyed that (and so did they!).
It worked in my favor too, because if I took 5 minutes to write the ticket, and I end up with an irate person with a ticket waving in my face, I can politely tell them that I spent a long time waiting at their vehicle, and that was the grace period. Most people are okay with that and accept that.
The job taught me a lot, plus I literally got to walk along the beach/walkway, soaking up the sunshine. Sure, I had to remain vigilant and patrol the beach parking lots, but I enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job: greeting tourists and day-visitors, assisting the disabled with proper access to our beaches, and otherwise making sure people have a nice visit while at our parks.
Wonderful company
Technical Writer and Trainer (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 14, 2014
Great management, good compensation, good job security, great atmosphere...friendly...professional. Overall a wonderful place to work.
Unreliable Testing Standards
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 7, 2014
This company makes standardized tests for schools around the country. Sadly, the system used to score these tests is entirely subjective. Test scorers are not adequately trained and hiring standards are so vague that wide variations existed as to what is an acceptable score for a particular test question. This caused me a great deal of concern as these tests are used to determine whether children can advance to the next grade, and they are being graded by people who have had less than two hours' worth of training.
Fully secured office building but a blast to work at.
Professional Senior Scorer (Current Employee), Dover, NHDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good work atmosphere.
Cons: the short lived projects
A typical day at work is learning the scoring criteria in order to reliably score each project. I have learned new teaching techniques used in elementary aged students. The management at Measured Progress is easy to work for it is always a friend like atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of each project. The most enjoyable part of the job is efficiently scoring each students response. The student responses are a joy to read. Sometimes they are right on with their responses and sometimes that wrong but leave cute responses that just make you smile.
Excellent people to work with
Technical Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Dover, NHApril 18, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Cons: benefits
Management is very personable.
Upward mobility
Great co-workers
An office that still makes you feel like an individual
Testing Associate (Current Employee), Dover, NHApril 11, 2013
Pros: free coffee, all day
Though you are one of many sitting at a table, this place still makes you feel like you are a person and not a number. We are all there to make things in the education field work and they work with you in doing so
A great non-technical NPO
OIT Employee (Current Employee), Dover, NHMarch 18, 2013
Pros: 35 hour work weeks, little to no after-hours work, relaxed workplace
Cons: poor hiring/firing decisions, hires unqualified people repeatedly, immature sdlc, highly political us-versus-them inter-department squabbling, business sells software features without clearing thru oit, impractical timelines to deliver software
Working here means you might "make a difference". Technical ability of both the business and (surprisingly) the OIT organization is sub-par; especially for a company that relies heavily upon and puts (a LOT of) future business stock in the software it develops.

March 26, 2013

This particular review hit the nail on the head ; I concur

New industry to work in and great environment.
Technology Project Manager (Former Employee), Dover, NHJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great environment and good exchange with co-workers.
Cons: no cons to elaborate on.
Independent work situation, frequent client visits to gather requirements.
Seasonal Work Only
Test Evaluator (Current Employee), Longmont, CODecember 11, 2012
Can be mind-numbing to read the same essay prompts 10,000 times in 2 days.
Friendly staff
Commonwealth Accountability Testing System Scorer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2012
Part time front desk job for students and those seeking extra cash.
Fun collegial atmosphere learning rubrics and grading techniques
Test Scorer (Current Employee), Menands, NYDecember 6, 2012
Pros: collegial atmosphere.
Cons: eye strain from intense reading. only 20 weeks of work per year.
Day is 8-4. You either train on a new question or take a recalibration test to requalify to grade the previous day's question. New training can take as little as 15 minutes or as long as 8 hours depending upon the complexity of the question that is to be graded. The atmosphere is quite collegial. Management relates to workers as part of an overall team concept. The hardest part of the job is mental weariness from the intense concentration required to score exams all day long. The most enjoyable part is making many friends with accomplished backgrounds, and reading the often times unintentionally humorous things that students say, especially the younger ones.
measure progress
reader (Former Employee), longmontNovember 15, 2012
Pros: coffe
Cons: everithing else
I am spanish speaking person and my family and they are the reason that I wont put my kid on a dsl school o my god they are that bad no experience no profesionalism low pay. Common if spanish is not your strong site. Is a sad company mannege by the most incompetend people that i ever work.
One of the worst jobs I've ever tried
Reader (Former Employee), Longmont, ColoradoNovember 1, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: manipulative, low pay, demeaning to those they don't like.
The staff has poor understanding of the computers they work with. They tend to be unresponsive to employees who have difficulty logging on. If an employee is well educated, they seem to set him/her up for failure. In my group 11 of the 12 failed a subjective test and were told to leave. While in another group, there was a student I had trained in english as a second language had a much easier test for the same reading/thesis assignment. There are strong indications that the senior staff is manipulative and desire a very controlling environment. Furthermore, they seem to selectively place in testing groups based on how easily the can be controlled weeding out those who are not easily manipulated.