Measured Progress Employee Reviews

relaxed day sit at a computer and grade essays all day
Qualified essay grader (Current Employee) –  Menands, NYJune 5, 2017
This job you just grading papers all day for 8 hours.Working with grades 5 & 10 making sure they are using the materials given to them and writing an essay.
Pros
sitting down taking your time grading papers
Cons
it gets tiring sometimes
educational and rewarding
contract test reader (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 16, 2017
It was a welcoming environment however due to the nature of the job they are a seasonal company grading tests. I think it was educational and challenging as part of the job was interpreting if the student fully understood the material they were being tested on. Some of the answers were a bit ambiguous so it made grading some of the questions challenging. I like a job that not only engages me mentally but a job where I am not glued to my chair at my desk for 8 hours.
Pros
they offered raises and bonuses immediately
Cons
long days of sitting and looking at a computer
different
Temp Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2017
learn to go over packets to include what is necessary for each one. note the missing pieces. file them accordingly to right places to go to. management very friendly and helpful.
Fantastic School
Standardized Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 17, 2017
I would highly recommend PIne Crest! The academics are top notch, the teacher well trained and the families that attend PC are very supportive. Definitely visit the school if you are looking for a great place for your child.
Reliable
Reader/Scorer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2016
This was a great part time job. I allowed me to work at other jobs (including working the NY State Senate) and earn my bachelor's degree at the same time. The work had easy to follow guidelines and management was very helpful and easily accessible. The work involved reading the hand-written responses to standardized testing question from students all over the country. I really enjoyed this job because it was amusing and interesting to see how young people think and to see them express themselves. I really only hated when I had to fail a student's response for being off topic when I found that response to be witty or well formed.
Temporary Work
Professional Scorer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 26, 2016
Scored official state tests for anywhere from elementary to high school. Job was not very enjoyable and it was extremely tedious.
Was a strong company that folks wanted to retire at. No longer.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 8, 2016
The company expects too much. Rather than onboarding with enough resources, they plan on their salary employees working 100+ hours a pay period. Expected to be on call around the clock and on weekends for many months. Moral is very low and some of the "fresh" hires from other organizations are trying to impose standards that take away from what we are known for. The company has lost its identity. There is no real focus or understanding of who and what we are anymore. Lots of initiatives that are dumped at the first sign of trouble rather than trying to improve.

A lot of hardworking, caring, and considerate workers who are tired and overworked. The more you excel at your job, the more you are expected to give with little to no recognition or compensation.
Pros
Cheap Vending Machines, On-site gym
Cons
Disconnected ELG. Functional Group Silos. Unrealistic expectations and almost no work/life balance.
fun work environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 7, 2016
I had a great time making a website for Measured Progress. They were friendly and communicative.

They clearly laid out what they wanted me to accomplish, and gave me the tools I needed to accomplish it. I've worked with Measured Progress in the past, and they've always provided exemplary employment practices.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
the cubicle work environment is not for everyone.
Do not work here
Helpdesk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 2, 2016
The company exploits the unemployed and discards them at will. Full-time employees can be laid-off at any time. Would not recommend working here.
Reliable work environment
Scoring Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 1, 2016
Hours were stable, and the supervisors made a consistent effort to reach out to employees concerning future employment opportunities.

Want to know more about Measured Progress?

Ask a question
Very fair to their employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  dover, nhSeptember 24, 2015
I was a receptionist. They treated me exceptionally well. I loved It !!
IIt was always busy - the day flew by and you met meany diffeent people.

Everyone was friendly and caring!
Pleasant work environment that fosters teamwork and innovation
Contracts Mangement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 28, 2015
Measured Progress is an industry leader in the development of customized, K-12 student assessments. Founded in 1983 (as Advanced Systems in Measurement and Evaluation) with initial contracts in Maine and Massachusetts, the company was a pioneer in authentic, standards-based assessments that contributed to teaching and learning. Our current and recent projects have provided assessment solutions for upwards of 2.5 million students. We’ve worked with state departments of education on summative assessments in more than 20 states, and we provide formative assessment solutions for teachers in hundreds of districts nationwide.
Pros
Great people and a pleasant work environment
Cons
A non-profit, the compensation and benefits conservative
People care about each other, but the management is driving the company into the ground
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 24, 2015
I met some lovely people in my tenure there, but as of late the company is floundering. They laid off about 1/3 of the workforce in June and July.

Priorities shift regularly, so it's difficult to know what to focus on. I found it had an "old boys" culture and and a sort of cliquey feel.

Most people there are highly committed to education, so it's said to see the company in such decline.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Clueless management
Negotiated with vendors to acquire quotes for IT equipment, licensing, student testing materials and general office supplies.
PURCHASING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 13, 2015
I met and worked with some good people. Unfortunately the company's recent financial struggles have led to benefit cut-backs and lay-offs.
Pros
Employee benefits and vacation time
Cons
Recent cut-backs and lay-offs
Undergoing cultural shift, toward financial prioritization
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 7, 2015
The education assessment industry is under tremendous strain at the moment. I suspect that all companies in this industry are experiencing volatility - and are each needing to find effective ways to respond to the market while retaining a qualified work force.
A local company with great benefits and chances of advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 30, 2015
Company grew from a small non-profit business to a large company. I grew within the company and advanced in my career. My fellow co-workers were very professional at what they did.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation days
Cons
Salary increases were small amounts
Entry Level
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 29, 2015
If you're looking for entry level job, this is the right fit for you. I learned that this company is micromanaged. It is strictly watched by the managers.
Was my "second family"
Accounts Payable Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 2, 2015
Was able to receive on-the-job training in the accounts payable group. Company very family-oriented; never a problem if I had to be out for an extended period of time. I thank MP for the chance to better me, as an employee and as a person.
I enjoyed my job.
Content Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 3, 2015
I really enjoyed my job at Measured Progress.
I liked my hours.
It was a great experience.
Great co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly learning new things.
Great company! They value and support their employees with a great work/life balance
Project Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 20, 2015
The company seeks input from all levels of employees. Provides a great working environment that fosters team work and fun in the workplace.
Pros
Supports team fun outside of work, focuses on work/life balance and team games, awards prizes for accomplishments, generous benefits, plus much more
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times, task redundancy happens due to lack of interdepartmental communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Measured Progress. Our community is ready to answer.