MEC Employee Reviews

easy place to work
Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29646November 20, 2016
easy work management don't care about you at all. pay is horrible and they make you work six and seven days a week then when you need to take a day off they want to take attendance points and fire you. company was great until MEC bought it
Strong, encouraging culture
Director, Digital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
Definitely a focus on great work but also personal growth. Commitment to learning & development. Very strong peer set and proven leadership.
Plant job , constant production, very small break area.
Welder/ robot operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 23, 2016
Would be a great place to work if they had a change in management. The pay is ok and the robots are fairly easy to run. Just always have to go a fast as you possibly can or be reviewed and possum in some sort of trouble.
Pros
Easy to run robots
Cons
Work all the time. Mostly 7 days.
Wood Pole Inspection
Foreman Inspector (Former Employee) –  Garrison, NDJune 1, 2016
From sound and bore to knew technology I have the skills to
learn the products and able to operate and complete all job task and meet deadlines.
The Management and Supervisors
Welder (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 14, 2016
The management at the time was lunching the new honda parts of the ground. So it was a learning all about the part and what honda wanted and the amount off part was a lot the get out the plant at times for every body in the plant.The Supervisors on the floor were fell to deal with problems that come up a lot off the time .They did a great to get every thing running to honda on time most days.Working 7 days a week took a toll on every one how work were at that time.
Pros
Welding is what I like to do
Cons
To meanly long hours off work . No down time to recharged the body
Fun place to work
aircraft technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed this job as I had never worked in aerospace before. Coworkers were friendly and willing to help. They made you feel at home.
Has a lot of pros but lacking in raises, no pay for OT, and no bonuses.
Administration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2015
MEC is a decent place to work and there are plenty of good things about it. Nice people, the casual atmosphere, something is always going on - a party or event - it is fun. The cons are that people are simply overworked and underpaid. There is a large amount of turnover. I hear it is normal for the media industry but it is getting out of hand. The main reason why people leave is because they are burnt out and they are underpaid. People don't get raises (well some do I hear), you don't get paid for OT, and you don't get a bonus. Perhaps the upper management does but not everyone. You don't even get a cost of living increase. Performance reviews are not taken seriously because there is nothing at stake.

There are way too many unnecessary meetings - one right after the other but there is no solid agenda so lots of times people go to a meeting not even getting to the point of the meeting so they have to have another meeting about that meeting!

MEC tries though. Their number one focus is to get more business but I believe it should be how to get and retain great employees.
Pros
Casual dress, always an event going on, day goes by fast, free magazines, nice people
Cons
Way too many meetings, no raises, no pay for OT, no bonuses, no time for lunch
Great Clients
Marketing Executive, (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
Good place to work. Great personal growth available. Lots of red tape for hiring due to reporting into GroupM but this is expected at a holding company agency
Keep looking
Production (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 28, 2015
As I was told on day one, keep looking. Bad conditions, worse management. No time off, no family life, no raises, and no advancement. MEC is not a good company to work for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Can be a fun place to work
Managing Partner, Account Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
A lot of talent, strong leadership, impressive client roster. Like most agencies, the push for profit interferes with the work, and the work/life balance.
Its all about the children
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford,MAJune 9, 2015
They were a good company to work for. I got really attached to the kids I drove.The parents were intrusting us to get teir chidren to and from school safely.
Pros
helping the children
Cons
no cumminication between managent dispatchers and drivers
Joyful environment
Church Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 29, 2015
I enjoy spending time with children that varies in age from newly born up until 12 year olds. I love teaching them new skills and how to be creative.
Pros
free lunches and long breaks
Cons
nothing
n/a
Partner, Senior Director, Digital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2015
Revolving door of talent. Difficult to maintain and retain employees. Management is stiff and rigid set in their ways.
hard working job, always on the road
range operation cleaning (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 21, 2015
my job incudles going in and cleaning the range, i learned that i can push myself to be better then i was. the management was good and i had great co-workers. the hardest part of my job was having to shovel down all the rubber and lead off the mound/range. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the world.
Pros
see new places
Cons
no bentifits
Fast pace easy work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIMarch 24, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at MEC with the exception of heavy parts and a few of my co-workers made me feel uncomfortable.
Owner/Principle
SVP, Business Development and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Please read previous comments. As mentioned, I enjoyed developing my own company. Unfortunately the industry which we target is in decline.
Decent pay with no benifits
PIPEFITTER / PIPE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVDecember 8, 2014
Worked for great supervision on the job site and some great co-workers . Pay started out as promised but as responsibilities increased that was all that did . A lot of travel and various job sites
Pros
great work environment
Cons
unpaid promises
Supportive Work Environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
The people you work with will make dealing with more difficult clients worth it -- plus the plethora of free food flooding into the office every day doesn't hurt.
Awesome place to work
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Neillsville, WISeptember 4, 2014
Supervisors and employees are very easy to work with. Excellent training on unfamiliar equipment. Very competitive wages.
Pros
employee owned
Young, fun and supportive working environment
Assistant Negotiator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed coming into work every morning and getting right to work. I learned so much about the media/sales industry in my 5 months with the company. The most enjoyable part of working was the people, I was constantly surrounded by supportive, helpful and energetic co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEC. Our community is ready to answer.