MEC Employee Reviews

Great Clients
Marketing Executive, (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
Good place to work. Great personal growth available. Lots of red tape for hiring due to reporting into GroupM but this is expected at a holding company agency
Keep looking
Production (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
As I was told on day one, keep looking. Bad conditions, worse management. No time off, no family life, no raises, and no advancement. MEC is not a good company to work for.
Can be a fun place to work
Managing Partner, Account Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
A lot of talent, strong leadership, impressive client roster. Like most agencies, the push for profit interferes with the work, and the work/life balance.
Its all about the children
Special Needs Bus Driver (Former Employee), Chelmsford,MAJune 9, 2015
Pros: helping the children
Cons: no cumminication between managent dispatchers and drivers
They were a good company to work for. I got really attached to the kids I drove.The parents were intrusting us to get teir chidren to and from school safely.
Joyful environment
Church Babysitter (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches and long breaks
Cons: nothing
I enjoy spending time with children that varies in age from newly born up until 12 year olds. I love teaching them new skills and how to be creative.
n/a
Partner, Senior Director, Digital (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 11, 2015
Revolving door of talent. Difficult to maintain and retain employees. Management is stiff and rigid set in their ways.
hard working job, always on the road
range operation cleaning (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: see new places
Cons: no bentifits
my job incudles going in and cleaning the range, i learned that i can push myself to be better then i was. the management was good and i had great co-workers. the hardest part of my job was having to shovel down all the rubber and lead off the mound/range. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the world.
Fast pace easy work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Mayville, WIMarch 24, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at MEC with the exception of heavy parts and a few of my co-workers made me feel uncomfortable.
Owner/Principle
SVP, Business Development and Marketing (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Please read previous comments. As mentioned, I enjoyed developing my own company. Unfortunately the industry which we target is in decline.
Decent pay with no benifits
PIPEFITTER / PIPE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: unpaid promises
Worked for great supervision on the job site and some great co-workers . Pay started out as promised but as responsibilities increased that was all that did . A lot of travel and various job sites
Supportive Work Environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
The people you work with will make dealing with more difficult clients worth it -- plus the plethora of free food flooding into the office every day doesn't hurt.
Awesome place to work
Fabricator (Former Employee), Neillsville, WISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: employee owned
Supervisors and employees are very easy to work with. Excellent training on unfamiliar equipment. Very competitive wages.
Young, fun and supportive working environment
Assistant Negotiator (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed coming into work every morning and getting right to work. I learned so much about the media/sales industry in my 5 months with the company. The most enjoyable part of working was the people, I was constantly surrounded by supportive, helpful and energetic co-workers.
Productive fun place to work
Quality Final Inspector (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCAugust 24, 2014
There was no advancement available to move into because management wouldn't offer advancement within the company. My co-workers were fun productive employees. The hardest part of my job was never knowing what time I would get off work because having to insure we meet the shipment of finished goods.
difficult production
Paintline Support (Former Employee), Beaver Dam, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: work out, always new things to do.
Cons: heavy parts and hard on the body after work
A day at MEC was like going to the gym, at times you had to lift 80 lbs parts over your head to hang on a conveyor it was not pleasant at time, i enjoyed the work and workout and the co workers made it fun. the management was not all up to date, i don't blame them due to it was a new building but their frustrations were taken out on employees so it was difficult at times to work with them. i learned from their that there isn't anything in a factory you can't handle. Always have people by your side to help and or machines
Business has been going on at this location for 27 years
QA Technician (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: overtime
Good place to work close to the house ! This is not the perfect job,but I don't think one exists ! People are always trying to improve our work conditions !
Terrible management that doesn't learn from obscenely high turnover
Digital analytics and insights (Current Employee), New YorkJune 27, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch
Cons: management
This review is for the digital group - the turnover is obscenely high because of terrible managers who either are not knowledgeable (the company seems to promote based on age, and not merit) or are seriously lacking in empathy and consideration.

About half of the digital group has been at the company less than two years. Hardly anyone has been there more than 5.

The great part is the people you work with and not for - misery loves company and you get to really bond with some great people who are on the same boat.

When interviewing, be very wary when they do not have you meet other peers, and you only interview with your very haggard and desperate looking boss to be. Ask if the head of the group is someone who is smart and inspiring. Ask what turnover has been like for the past two years. Hope they dont lie to you.
Passionate about clients
Sr. Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoyed working for MEC...worked well with the Owner/Pres. Only downfall is there never were any reviews or increase in salary for my tenure there.
Temporary work.
Project Data Analyst (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: minimal management interference.
Cons: monotonous tasks that are easily mastered. quota levels were set too low.
Daily work included printing payment histories for customers, collating the information, and then calculating the information to determine if said policy fell outside of IRS guidelines.
Could be run more efficiently
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCNovember 17, 2013
Pros: gaining eperience
Cons: mis managed, un organized, un predictable production schedule.
Some days are better than others. Typically I will go into work and briefly discuss with my Lead/Programmer the current situation of the work schedule. If a set up needs to be completed or any operators need assistance with their machines I will take up the task before starting my own production. If nothing needs to be done I will run production for a lengthy period or until somebody needs my assistance with a changeover/set up, tooling issues, part tolerance issues or a machine recovery.

The management of the company does not always seem to have an in depth outlook on the current state of production. – more... Sometimes the welding department will run out of parts at the last minute and we will have to do last minute changeovers resulting in a loss of production elsewhere.

Sometimes we will work extensive weeks ranging from 10 to 12 hour shifts and at times we will work 7 day weeks. Back in July 5th until August 9th we worked every single day. This resulted in a severe decline in the work staff. At this time is when I was quickly taught set ups, and more advanced machining techniques because there was no one else with experience working with the CNC department. No pay compensation was ever rewarded to myself or my co-worker Allan who was also forced into the same position.

Overall the company has a lot of faults but due to people who care about their work ethic and take pride in what they do no matter how bad, we were able to pull through the worst. Things are still bad and mis managed but we have adapted to the changes and are getting the job done. – less