Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

positive company
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SunderlandNovember 10, 2017
good work place good ethics and fun. respectable company great benefits and staff are very friendly. I worked here for 11 year and loved every minute and learned a whole lot.
Pros
always around pepole
Cons
shift patterns
Loved working here
Senior Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee CityNovember 8, 2017
This was a very enjoyable place to work. I loved everything about this job and it sometimes didn't feel like I was working. Highly recommended place to work.
Not a good place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  KingstandingOctober 25, 2017
Terrible pay, under staffed and overall a totally un- professional environment. training is non-existent. long term members of staff get to do what they want when they want whilst new ones are asked to do all the work. Team members telling the management what to do. The hours are split shift which means staying all day with a lunch break for an hour.

Bullied by other members of staff
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun and vibrante workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  HalifaxOctober 16, 2017
Only worked for mecca bingo for a short while and left due to being bullied by a member of staff who couldn't accept me for who I am.

Apart from being bullied I loved working for Mecca Bingo, each shift was different and varied and fun packed
cash line
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wrexham,October 7, 2017
this was one of the best cjobs i have ever had cthe people were fun to work with managment were nice flexable if needed to be the staff would socialise out work
Pros
staff
Cons
split shifts
Great - If you don’t mind reducing your social life!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  DagenhamOctober 5, 2017
Mecca is a fantastic company to work for. I have worked for the company now for around 7 years. No two days are ever the same - and the the customers and your colleagues are what makes the job so enjoyable. It’s like being part of another family (a fairly big one at that!)

The only thing I would say - is don’t expect too much of a life outside of work - as they will tell you that you are on a “flexible rota” - which is a HR-correct way of saying you can work 14+ hours each day (and all weekend, every weekend) - and you cannot complain about it.
Pros
50% off Food, Colleagues, Networking, Friendly, Progression
Cons
Long hours, No Social Life, Bad Work/Life Balance
Mecca is a very fun place to work but can be very consuming in time around the lifestsyle of employees.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee CitySeptember 14, 2017
Mecca is a great place to learn and advance in and it has certainly helped me a lot over the years with experience in every field such as customer service, bar work, working with food and working with large amounts of money.
Pros
Free drinks, half prices meals, free meals after 6 hour shift.
Cons
Split shift takes up entire day.
productive and fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen CitySeptember 9, 2017
A day at mecca can be very busy and stressful but with the help of everyone doing their job makes it a lot easier. Management At Mecca are all approachable, and also understanding about anything. hardest part of the job is Saturday nights because its te busiest time of the week and we can get 800+ people in, and we could be short staffed which makes it a lot worst
Pros
free lunches and free taxi
Cons
short staff and long hours
Enjoyable place to work.
Office Controller (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, DevonAugust 20, 2017
I have worked for Mecca Bingo since 2012. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the company. .
productive fun place to work
Senior Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dundee CityAugust 15, 2017
loved working at mecca great staff and most customers felt likeifamily i learned how to do stocktaking and the daily running of kitchen i also learned about cashline and booksales but my fav part of job was working in kitchen doing cooking
I enjoyed working here. I left because the hours impacted on family life.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, DurhamAugust 7, 2017
I worked here for ten years but the hours started to impact on my family life. I was sad to leave but i got a job at Morrisons wher the hours were better.
Pros
I loved working with the staff and customers
Cons
The hours were impacting on my family life.
Loved
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  GlasgowJuly 11, 2017
well mecca bingo I loved my wee job in here, was always full of laughter and smiles would definitely return here for another time and love helping others out
n/a
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen CityJuly 6, 2017
I would rather not disclose my thoughts and opinions regarding this line of work as I do not feel it is relevant to any future career. As such I will leave a review.
fun workplace
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, NorfolkJuly 6, 2017
enjoyed my time here. People were fun and made the working environment have a bright atmosphere. Just a shame that it has now closed down and is now a nightclub.
Pros
people, customers
Cons
hard work
nice people and co-workers
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Dundee CityJuly 1, 2017
Must have great customer service skills and a positive attitude. Was long hours on a Saturday if working weekends.staff were great and friendly. Gets very busy some afternoons and evenings
Intense workplace
Bingo Caller (Former Employee) –  Andover, England, UKJune 8, 2017
Typical day is you are always on the go, I did learn a lot though but with it being a small business didn't have a lot of staff so you had to stay on your toes, and help each other even if they didn't want it.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, WrexhamJune 5, 2017
Horrid Job
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, GlasgowMay 27, 2017
Management are so rude and don't appreciate anything you do for them. A lot of the staff are arrogant and constantly stick with cliques. It's one rule for one person and another for another.
Pros
none.
Cons
long hours, wages, management, staff, holidays
Mecca Bingo
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater ManchesterMay 27, 2017
There are excellent staff and good customers to work with, however poor pay and poor management (only a specific branch however) not all clubs have poor management.
hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  nationwideMay 12, 2017
Good place to get you started and trained in management but company values leave something to be desired with the workplace culture not as it was when I joined