Mecca Bingo Employer Reviews

great team members. corrupt management
tl (Former Employee), kentMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great team members
Cons: rubbish/uneducated management
Corrupt management, favouritism. Unreliable management. No chance of progression unless your buddy buddy with management. Disregard for employment law and policies set in place.
fun place to be
Team Member (Former Employee), Wakefield West, ENGFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: competion time
Cons: long hours
a typical day was startimg at 10am i would prep the kitchen ready for dinnertime service aswell as checking and setting up the bar area i would also help out on the main bingo floor giving change aswell as calling party bingo.I learned how to deal with difficult situations. the management was always on hand whenever we had a problem we couldnt deal – more... with the hardest part of my day was when we had problems in the club i.e technical faults the most enjoyable part was when the customers were happy when they was leaving with winnings in there purses and the smiles on there faces – less
great to work with the public
Office Controller (Former Employee), ManchseterFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: long weekend shifts
I loved my job at Mecca Bingo and believe we gave outstanding Customer service
Enjoyable to work for.
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee), Gateshead, ENGFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Learning new things each day, grew a lot of confidence within myself.
Meeting new people
Working on my own
Working part as a team.
There wasn't a hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable thing about working for Mecca is i got to make friends and got respected as a hard worker and got appreciated.
Overall a good working environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: learning new skills eg on reception and sales
Cons: the job involves a lot of walking and standing
I enjoyed my time at Mecca Bingo, most of the staff I worked with were down-to-earth people and good team members. A typical day at Mecca was very busy, kicking in as soon as the doors opened, and going full-tilt until they closed at 10.There was always plenty to to, especially in the restaurant and bar. The biggest thing I learned there, I think, was – more... enhanced customer skills and how to deal with complaints and problems as quickly and efficiently as possible, but also how to interact with the various customers while maintaining a professional air. The hardest part of the day was probably the evenings from 5 to 10 when we were at our busiest, it could be quite challenging. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was some of the people I met, both staff and customers. – less
normal
Cleaner (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: discount on kitchen
Cons: short hours as i were a cleaner..
normal days at times but get the busy day at times.
management were there to make sure that work was at top quality.

meeting new customers everyday and learning new stuff within the job role.
Enjoyed working for Mecca Bingo
Bar/Food Service (Former Employee), boltonDecember 5, 2013
Pros: working close with customers
Cons: split shifts
Bar and food service another on your feet and going all day job loved every minute working for Mecca bingo. Had good customer to chat with and have a laught.
Management is a complete joke!
Team member (Former Employee), BristolNovember 14, 2013
Pros: the staff are amazing
Cons: the boss is all talk and the dm is just horrible
The hours are unsocial! They could easily work out a rota that people could work one weekend a month but that would involve work! The dm deb dresses like she's 20! And she's very rude! She's her own worst enemy ! She will tell you off for chatting yet sit there and natter with her sister who is a team leader.
Iv herd them both slagging staff off in – more... the office! She can't spell she's unprofessional and I don't understand how she got that job! The pros of working hear are the staff! They are like my family it's lovely will keep in touch with most of them! But don't work here! The management is shot!!! – less
Customer Service
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee), Dundee, SCTNovember 11, 2013
Attending customer services desk; processing memberships;
Taking Admissions; giving out change; claim checking and
assisting in Cafe.
fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), dewsburySeptember 24, 2013
Cons: bus ride to work.
it is a very busy place to work! whitch is enjoyable.i have compleated basic food higene.the hardest part is the late finish.
Great staff
Catering assistant (Former Employee), Huddersfield, ENGSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: very hot in the kitchen
Loved the staff. Was hard to work in the kitchen during the summer.
Brilliant place to work!
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Ayr, SCTSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: family atmosphere, fun, wages above minimum wage, job progression
Cons: no tips allowed, split shifts
Mecca staff became my family and I loved it.

I learned a lot about myself and gained confidence to move on to a higher level job!

It's hit and miss with management, like everywhere, but if you get a good management team your a happy bunny.

There is a good opportunity to progress if people move on and the company has a step by step management training – more... scheme.

Split shifts are the hardest part of the job but after a while you get used to it!

Good for students (evening work) or people looking for full time work. I started part time and moved to full time.

Chances to be part of national schemes and recognition for things done well is broadcasted throughout the company.

Learn different departments to increase your wage too!

Working with mostly older people was the best part of the job as they are so funny and the nicest people, when I left those were the people I missed most!

I would work for them again :) – less
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGAugust 27, 2013
Pros: half price meals
Cons: late finishes and long hours
Working on the Bar or in the Kitchen as a cook
I have learned at lot from Mecca and achieved a great deal including
two NVQ's in Food and Beverage.
The most enjoyable part would be the staff and customers and the great times we have had
The hardest part would be not having enough hours in the day to get everything done
Membership Manager Rank Group (Former Employee), SwanseaAugust 14, 2013
In this role I worked to achieve quarterly KPI targets of generating new business, customer retention and organising party packages including providing advertising opportunities to maximise profits to the company.
Fun and Lively
Customer Service assistant (Former Employee), BlackpoolJuly 21, 2013
A very fun seasonal role I had for a summer whilst I was at college.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton-on-Tees, ENGJuly 18, 2013
I would arrive at work and clock in. I would then head to the admin department to pick up the float for the bar tills. Once this had been counted I would head to the bar that I was on for the night.

When I arrived at the bar I would put my float in the till, make sure the bar did not need anything before opening the bar. I would the serve customers – more... during the bingo intervals. Work sometimes needed to be quick as you were on a time limit and it could be very busy, this made the work fun and enjoyable. The customers were great to talk to and the other bar staff were also great people to get on with – less
Administration Assistant
Administration Assistant/ Cashier (Current Employee), Harlow, ENGJuly 3, 2013
Pros: free lunchies
Cons: no progression.
Knowledge of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Spread sheets. Answering the telephone and replying to letters, references and emails to and from Head Office, customers and staff. Ordering stationary for all departments in the club. Plus creating Purchase Orders. Proccessing the weekly wages (paying the staff) and the weekly banking.
Fast paced, fun and happy
Membership Manager (Current Employee), Harlow, ENGJune 6, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work for me would consist of coming and and first of all checking all the rota's ensuring that every department is covered.
I would then make a start on my daily customer phone calls, covering my reactivation and retention customers. Throughout my day I will go to certain surrounding area's and promote a specific event that is going – more... on in my clubs, this could be shop to shop leafleting or it could be on a promotional stand. I would then go back in to club, cover the floor on different departments if and when required.
There are three managers in every club I cover, these are the General Manager, the Operations Manager and myself the Membership Manager, although we all do have set out job specific roles we will all help out each other if and when needed too, I would say the management is very fair and equal.
The hardest part of my job is the disciplinary procedure's, although it is part of my job to take my staff through the disciplinary procedure if they do not work as they are supposed to, it is the only part of my job i don't enjoy doing.
The best part of my job is that not every day is the same, I get to see a varied group of customers every day, and I get to know so many different people from all different walks of life, it does make my job very funny and extremely interesting. – less
Floor walker (Former Employee), HartlepoolJune 6, 2013
Pros: making new friends
Cons: very long hours
my typical day was giving out change and checking the winning tickets and sometimes doing double shifts
Range of skills
Team Leader (Current Employee), PlymouthMay 24, 2013
Pros: get to meet a lot of really great people (staff and customers)
Cons: long and unsociable hours
A typical day at Mecca Bingo involves working with customers on a continual basis and adhering to their needs, You need to be able to have a good sense of humour as it is a job where you need to show customers how to have fun and enjoy there time at Mecca. My skills have greatly increased since I started working at Mecca, mostly would be my confidence – more... and public speaking as most of the time I will have to use a microphone, how to interact with people and people skills have increased greatly as well, when I first started I was very shy and didn't speak a lot but now I am able to talk to all the customers with ease. The staff are great and really interact well with each other and always pull together when they need to. I really enjoy this job due to the people I have met in my time, and if I was to leave it will be the people I would miss the most – less