Mecca Bingo Employee Reviews

Team Member (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South YorkshireJanuary 4, 2017
It was a very good working place except of low staff and stress it was difficult to enjoy the work , the customers were the best thing about working at Mecca
Pros
Customers
Cons
Short staffed
good to work four
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West YorkshireJanuary 4, 2017
good place to work for all the staff go to get along with and the management was really easy to talk to and I liked work there because I got to talk to people at the place
Pros
all round
Cons
not really
Fun workplace great team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, AberdeenshireDecember 28, 2016
This place is out going and fun place to work while you are at work you get to enjoy it. There are various areas you can work in and it's also flexible on hours.
Fun work
Team Leader duty manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West YorkshireDecember 1, 2016
It was great no day was the same meet great people the job was good got to learn lots of different skills I was made to feel part of Mecca an part of a team
Pros
Discount meals
Terrible
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, LancashireNovember 27, 2016
Under staffed, poor working conditions, Managers have a bad attitude, staff are unhelpful... overall the worst place I have ever worked in.
Pros
Cons
split shifts, certain members of staff get to choose what they do, long hours. under staffed, rude customers
organised workplace
Team Member (Bar and Kitchen member) (Former Employee) –  DoncasterNovember 24, 2016
Great staff
fast paced work
fun customers
management approachable
no two days were the same
lots of variation
the hardest part of the job were the split shifts as you would start at 10 in the morning, two hour break and back in till 10 at night.
Review of Mecca Bingo Employment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-TeesNovember 15, 2016
Having been in the role for the best part of my working life, there are many pro's and con's. A great starting job to learn basic skills and to give a taste of a working environment; however, there is not enough for a long-term career development. I believe I am capable of more, willing to do more, to achieve.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Split Shifts, Lack of Motivation, No Great Career Prospects
terrible place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolOctober 30, 2016
I worked in mecca bingo for 3 months and left due to management not doing anything about my problems, i also worked there with my mum and my mum left after 3 years of being there due to management.

I really enjoyed working in the bingo, learning different roles and getting to know the regular customers.
I learnt alot of things while i was there, cashline, bar work, cash handling, waiting on, cook & front of house.
Pros
learning different roles
Cons
management not doing anything about your problems
fun workplace
Bingo Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere PortOctober 3, 2016
good place of work. customers are very friendly, staff are always willing to help out if in trouble. The hardest part of the job is the hours. every shift is a split shift from 12 pm until 11 pm latest. although it means a very long 2 hour break in between shifts. each month you get a free bingo voucher to use at any other club and with that you can get a free drink and half price on meals or deserts.
Pros
free bingo
Cons
split shifts
unprofessional, understaffed and no appreciation
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Acocks GreenSeptember 24, 2016
people talking about each other and clicks, team leaders are incompetent and take credit for team members work, management dont help out, its horrifically understaffed so you never get a break, everyone is sleeping with each other and you get no appreciation when you go out of your way and told off for irrelevant things. Honestly not even worth min wage. Double shifts are killer and you will have no social life.
Pros
you dont have to wash to get a job
Cons
wage, staff, management, shifts
Hello.
Team member (Former Employee) –  ManchesterSeptember 9, 2016
Working for mecca bingo was one of the hardest jobs ive done the work was hard but i did learn a lot in many different departments. The management was childish and bullied alot of the staff once it became my turn i decided to leave and take another job after more than a year of working there i became fed up of the team they were not a good team to work with but they did teach me the difference between a good team and good management.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Management, team members.
over all
Maintenance/Handyman (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-TeesAugust 31, 2016
i worked for the mecca bingo in stockton for 15 years ,,the wage is poor , the management are the most under skilled people iv ever worked with , the opportunity to better your self is near zero ,,if you have any scene stay away ,,
Pros
Cons
very little
Fun and pleasant
Team Member (part-time) (Current Employee) –  LutonJuly 14, 2016
i enjoy working there and it is a nice company to work for and the management are alright sometimes and the staff is good to work with and always there to help each other
Pros
good pay
Cons
short staffed
Enjoyable and fun work place to be in
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  DagenhamJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed this job alot and got a lot of praise for the work i had done and had a great team to work with, with lots of help and understanding people.

a typical day would start with a polite hello to all team members and managers at work, then to go and get our floats to begin our shifts(depending on department) then waiting for customers to come in, great all customers kindly, help all customers with what ever they need, our jobs involved from checking bingo claims to making drinks, to cooking and serving food to customers, all regular customers always say about happy they are to see us and our bright smiley faces.

i learnt alot of bar skills and a small amount of silver service and i learnt alot about customer service and how to keep the customers coming back.

my co-workers where lovely people helpful and kind and always praising you for the good work you do and for going out of your way to help support a team.

the most enjoyable part of the job was to see my wounderful co-workers and our regular customers and having a nice little chat now and again with them.
Pros
50% discount of food and free main game of bingo each month
Cons
long hours, late shifts, long weekends, not very flexible.
mecca
Cook/Chef (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-TeesJune 26, 2016
the management are great. the job is very challenging and I have improved on my skills on working well as a team. its helped my communication skills and made me more confide
not great.
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  ExeterJune 15, 2016
Apart from a hand full of staff this job was a constant disappointment. As a new team member being left on your own to fend for yourself is unacceptable, this employer is not recommended.
Pros
nice people
Cons
everything else
great place to work
Senior team member (Current Employee) –  IpswichMay 22, 2016
really good company and enjoyable place of work, great team in our branch. would easily recommend this company. very adaptable to your life in and out of mecca
Wouldnt recommend
Admin/ Senior Team Member (Former Employee) –  HullMay 21, 2016
I worked at Mecca for over 6 years and to be honest the only thing keeping me there was loyalty to my friends that worked there. The hours can be anything from 8.30am straight through to midnight. You are expected to work from a rota put up 7 days beforehand so little time to yourself. The shifts are split so you usually finish by 4pm but then can be starting again at 5pm. Because the shifts are split management say you arent entitled to a break on your shift so you could be working 12 hours with only an hour for a break (in which time you are still expected to help with any customer queries if you are still in the building).
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, little time for yourself
Be prepared to be stuck at the level you start at for a long while
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  West YorkshireMay 18, 2016
No chance of advancement. In club Managers are a bit hit and miss very good at listening but not very good at actioning. Junior staff not very well respected. Company Managers who visit are very good, just wish they'd spend more time in club so they could form a more realistic view of what happens when Club Managers and Team Leaders aren't carefully escorting them around.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Lack of prospects
Great Job and Environment to Work In.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  CwmbranMay 6, 2016
Physically demanding, but worth it. Customers make the job worth doing. Have had the opportunity to meet some truly lovely individuals along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mecca Bingo. Our community is ready to answer.