Mechanics Bank

Mechanics Bank Employer Reviews

Fast paced office whose primary focus is on the customer.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits and great people to work with.
This is a family owned company that really cares about its customers. Management encourages growth and frequently promotes from within. My main objective is to keep my manager on top of his priorities and keep the department running smoothly. Everyone works hard but we all try to keep it fun.
No activity
Online Services Specialist (Former Employee), Hercules, CA 94574June 18, 2014
Pros: once or twice a year
Cons: we had 2 short breaks and lunch break and health ins
My job was to set up business online banking and help business customer to use it and help them if they had any problem using the product and also dealing with all bill pay customers problem.
I learned about bill pay and Business online banking and customer service.
We had turned over in our dept and never had a good manager. In the seven years that I worked in that department we had 4 different managers and sometime no manager at all.
I had good co-workers but because we were so busy hardly we had any time to talk to each other.
The hardest part of my job was when I get a unhappy customer on-line and what ever I would tell them wouldn't make them happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I knew that all my customers were happy that day and I could go out of my way to be at service of my customers.
Productive environment.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Hercules, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment.
Cons: lack of opportunities to succeed.
My typical days at work has changed on a day to day basis. I started full time in a retail environment as a bank tell/customer service representative. I soon became a full time student and achieved my BA in Sociology which lead to a promotion as Assistant Customer Service Manager. After gaining a large amount of experience in a supervisor role I was asked by Regional Management to run our Elk Grove, CA. branch. Due to branch closure I decided to change paths and have been working in Corporate, managing business, corporate and private banking client portfolios. I hold a polished demeanor at all times, and have established great ability to connect and communicate with people and build relationships. I believe the hardest part of the job is working in a micro managed environment, not allowing me to fully extend my knowledge, skill sets, and self motivated work style.
Fourth generation owned community bank.
Assistant Vice President, Sr Loan Administrator (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: fourth generation owned.
Cons: extreme management change.
Administration and operational support of five Relationship Managers in processing loan approvals, documentation and closing of commercial loans pertaining to real estate, lines of credit, term loans, participations, syndications, agriculture, SBA, letters of credit.
Large community bank with a personal touch
Vice President, Database Marketing (Current Employee), Hercules, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: tough economy for banking
Strived to improve technologies and processes to enhance the customer experience and improve the bottom line.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Water Valley, MSSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: easy, great work
Cons: poorly paid
Really nothing to say here. It was an ok job. I left for better job and money.
Local banking firm with family values.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Water Valley, MSMay 20, 2013
High priority in customer service. Young progressive management team.
Great co-workers, but horrible management
Wealth Management (Former Employee), San FranciscoMay 16, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: horrible management, no advancement opportunities, no diversity in management
Great co-workers, but management was adverse to change or new ways of thinking. For a Richmond/East Bay-based bank, there was shockingly a lack of diversity in the offer levels.
Good company.
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, CAApril 17, 2013
Pros: good company.
MB offers inclusive working environment and opportunity for growth. In addition, the company preserves the values and the culture that many companies have lost, and that makes it stand out.
great bank, very family like hospitality
Bilingual Teller (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJanuary 15, 2013
small busy bank, but we all helped each other with patients, and for the best of our guests
Great culture family owned business
Online Services Specialist- Online Services (Current Employee), Hercules, CAJune 25, 2012
Pros: education reimbursement, fitness reimbrusement
Cons: once emloyees get their degrees there aren't any advancement opportunities.
The people who work here are very friendly and many of them have been around for a lifetime.
Fun Workplace
Information Risk Sr. Specialist (Former Employee), Hercules, CAApril 18, 2012
I enjoyed working there and the different departments that I worked in.

About Mechanics Bank

The Mechanics Bank operates more than 30 branches serving the San Francisco Bay and greater Sacramento areas of California. It – Read more