Mechanics Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work for a family type environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CADecember 26, 2017
I’ve worked for two prior banks before coming to Mechanics Bank. I have been fortunate enough to meet a great group of colleagues in every department in the Mechanics Bank Operations Center. Even when the job is stressful the staff I work around makes it so much easier and you just don’t get that everywhere.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Pay
Cons
Hours, Room for advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 16, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. lots of opportunity to grow.
Safe, clean and friendly working environment
Overall good supervisors and team concept.
not sales driven like the big bank.
Standard Banking job with good benefits
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Rodeo, CANovember 10, 2017
Mechanics Bank is a solid company to work for. Competitive starting pay and benefits. Like all banks you are required to provide excellent Customer Service and Sales referrals
Cares about relationships
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 2, 2017
This is place where people tend to stay for years. It's like working with family. The job can be challenging at times, but if you are willing to put in effort (as with any job), you will do great!
Pros
Great relationships
work environment can be stressful. great moral support from senior employees
Vice-president (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 1, 2017
Influx of numerous employees from the outside has greatly changed the feel of a family environment that once existed in the bank.

job future unpredictable with goal of new owners to eventually sell bank
Work-pay balance
Sr. SharePoint Administrator [SME] (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 11, 2017
The work culture, management and pay was just above standard. They have amazing time schedule, You can chose to work accordingly. The people in the management with their record experience and knowledge, show you good work ethic culture.
Being a financial experience company since many years they know best where to invest.
good company , terrible management
Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 21, 2017
Mechanics Bank is a good company I would say they offer good benefits. The reason why I decided to leave Mechanics was because of poor management, also I felt I was never given the opportunity to grow within the company, along with other personal things that happen.
Cons
management didn' t respect our lunches or breaks
Good place to grow
Customer Service Representative/ Teller (Current Employee) –  Point Richmond, CASeptember 14, 2017
Helping customers answered phones processed payments made credit cards filling scanning. Management is good. Everyone does their job for the most part.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
not enough pay
Disappointing to say the least
Dealer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 5, 2017
Managers you can't trust and are willing to step on whomever they can to advance themselves within the company.
Company unwilling to make the necessary changes to be successful.
Constant negative emails from upper management to the entire sales and underwriting teams.
Very little sense of stability.
Very poor work/life balance for sales department.
Was Great. Not anymore.
Electronic Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAJune 26, 2017
Was a great place to work for a long time. Once the family sold the bank it became terrible. Management is poor. Employees are amazing. Career path can be challenging outside of retail. The bank lets great people leave. And they tend to keep terrible managers.
Pros
Coworkers are great.
Cons
Low pay. Terrible upper management.
Working as a records/titles clerk
Records Clerk/Titles Clerk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 9, 2017
Everyday I would read my emails and respond to the ones that needs to be replied to. I start with my daily calls to dealerships and getting documents needed to release titles. Throughout the day I work with records and clearly look at the files and rename then put them where they need to be.
Great company to work for
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAJune 8, 2017
Despite changes in corporate leadership and department management I have enjoyed working for Mechanics Bank for the last 12 years. My fellow employees are hard working team players and my supervisors are knowledgeable and supportive professionally and personally. There are opportunities for cross training to learn other Bank duties which enhances employee skills and increases job security. The company does fun things like monthly Birthday and Anniversary celebrations as well as a yearly State of The Bank function for all Bank employees.
Supper stressful environment
Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee) –  El Sobrante, CAMay 17, 2017
Im sure glad to be out of that stressful work place! I really did not enjoy my time there. I worked under horrible management and was stressed out everyday.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 21, 2017
Typical day: do your usual transactions. deposits, withdrawals, Cash a check, transfer, payments, etc.
What I learned: they have great advancement opportunities. You're always growing.
Management: is good. could be better
Hardest part of job: you learn as you go and work so nothing is really hard
Pros
good benefits, good work environment
Very bad place to work
SA - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAMarch 3, 2017
No value to employee
No family and life balance, you have to work 80-100 hours every week, regardless and management does not like even if you take a weekend in 3 months. This place sucks.
Learned Lotus Notes / Domino
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 26, 2016
Learned Lotus Notes / Domino and figured out how to connect to a notes database through MS Access. Made creating reports for business units from Notes data much cleaner than if you tried to do it in Notes
Working in a community bank.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 10, 2016
Great working for a community bank, all the people, both customers and co-workers. Everything is part of the job description in a actual community bank, so was able to learn mountains of different regulations and rules.
Pros
Varied work day. Great people.
Cons
Tough time to be in community banking.
Mechanics Bank - Slow on Innovation
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 11, 2016
Challenging place to work
Training and support are low
Management not eager to make necessary changes
Workplace taught me self-reliance
good place to work
Customer service Officer (Current Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJune 2, 2015
i learned a lot at Mechanics bank ,you feel like you are with a family co-workers are nice . the most enjoyable part when you talk to customer
work flow
BANK VAULT TELLER (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMay 6, 2015
Great place to work and gain top level customer service skills and knowledge of the products excellent work enviorment with awesome co-workers the hardest part of the of the word day would be that at times it takes to long for the armored trucks to come slowing down the productivity the most enjoyable part was mulitasking helping other and learning something new
Pros
strong company values
Cons
precentage raises yearly