Mechanics Bank Employee Reviews

Working in a community bank.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 10, 2016
Great working for a community bank, all the people, both customers and co-workers. Everything is part of the job description in a actual community bank, so was able to learn mountains of different regulations and rules.
Pros
Varied work day. Great people.
Cons
Tough time to be in community banking.
Mechanics Bank - Slow on Innovation
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 11, 2016
Challenging place to work
Training and support are low
Management not eager to make necessary changes
Workplace taught me self-reliance
Productive environment.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAMarch 1, 2014
My typical days at work has changed on a day to day basis. I started full time in a retail environment as a bank tell/customer service representative. I soon became a full time student and achieved my BA in Sociology which lead to a promotion as Assistant Customer Service Manager. After gaining a large amount of experience in a supervisor role I was asked by Regional Management to run our Elk Grove, CA. branch. Due to branch closure I decided to change paths and have been working in Corporate, managing business, corporate and private banking client portfolios. I hold a polished demeanor at all times, and have established great ability to connect and communicate with people and build relationships. I believe the hardest part of the job is working in a micro managed environment, not allowing me to fully extend my knowledge, skill sets, and self motivated work style.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Lack of opportunities to succeed.
work flow
BANK VAULT TELLER (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMay 6, 2015
Great place to work and gain top level customer service skills and knowledge of the products excellent work enviorment with awesome co-workers the hardest part of the of the word day would be that at times it takes to long for the armored trucks to come slowing down the productivity the most enjoyable part was mulitasking helping other and learning something new
Pros
strong company values
Cons
precentage raises yearly
Fast paced office whose primary focus is on the customer.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 29, 2014
This is a family owned company that really cares about its customers. Management encourages growth and frequently promotes from within. My main objective is to keep my manager on top of his priorities and keep the department running smoothly. Everyone works hard but we all try to keep it fun.
Pros
Good benefits and great people to work with.
Cons
nice place to work with chances for advancement
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 15, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of processing deposits for merchants,verifying shiments from Federal Reserve Bank and preparing cash shipments for other branches.Management and co-workers were fine. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers.
Pros
employee appreciation, good benefits
Fourth generation owned community bank.
Assistant Vice President, Sr Loan Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 1, 2014
Administration and operational support of five Relationship Managers in processing loan approvals, documentation and closing of commercial loans pertaining to real estate, lines of credit, term loans, participations, syndications, agriculture, SBA, letters of credit.
Pros
Fourth generation owned.
Cons
Extreme management change.
Great co-workers, but horrible management
Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 16, 2013
Great co-workers, but management was adverse to change or new ways of thinking. For a Richmond/East Bay-based bank, there was shockingly a lack of diversity in the offer levels.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible management, no advancement opportunities, no diversity in management
A small community bank with big opportunities
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2015
After working for Mechanics Bank for 4 years, I decided to take on a new challenge and applied for the Financial Service Representative (FSR) position in San Francisco. Working from 8:30-5:30 every M-F, I quickly adapted to my environment and upped my sales from my previous position. As an FSR in an office with no tellers, I would spend part of my time at my desk and part of my time behind the operations counter. When I worked the teller lines, I maintained balances of my drawers and would use that point of interaction to develop new business. I worked with new and returning customers to open new personal and business checking accounts and savings accounts, helping them to secure loans, lines of credit, credit cards and home equity lines of credit. During the times I worked with my clientele, I would review their portfolio(s), and if they showed growth or a need for a more hands-on approach, I would work with them personally to ensure they were receiving the maximum benefits Mechanics Bank had to offer. At times when I would interface with my clients, I would gauge their personal or business needs, and if they were looking to secure a different type of investment, or if their business called for a higher focus to ensure their company's growth, I would refer them to the Wealth Management department or to the Commercial Business group.
Pros
Family-owned community bank, great benefits, room for growth
Cons
Old technology vs competitors (paper-based systems)
Good company.
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 17, 2013
MB offers inclusive working environment and opportunity for growth. In addition, the company preserves the values and the culture that many companies have lost, and that makes it stand out.
Pros
good company.
Great culture family owned business
Online Services Specialist- Online Services (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAJune 25, 2012
The people who work here are very friendly and many of them have been around for a lifetime.
Pros
education reimbursement, fitness reimbrusement
Cons
once emloyees get their degrees there aren't any advancement opportunities.
Nice place to work and made many friends.
Business Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAApril 28, 2015
This Bank was very accommodating, allowing me to work close to home. Management was fair. Friendly co-workers are now my walking buddies!
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Pay is lower than most for same positions
No activity
Online Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CA 94574June 18, 2014
My job was to set up business online banking and help business customer to use it and help them if they had any problem using the product and also dealing with all bill pay customers problem.
I learned about bill pay and Business online banking and customer service.
We had turned over in our dept and never had a good manager. In the seven years that I worked in that department we had 4 different managers and sometime no manager at all.
I had good co-workers but because we were so busy hardly we had any time to talk to each other.
The hardest part of my job was when I get a unhappy customer on-line and what ever I would tell them wouldn't make them happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I knew that all my customers were happy that day and I could go out of my way to be at service of my customers.
Pros
Once or twice a year
Cons
we had 2 short breaks and lunch break and health ins
Large community bank with a personal touch
Vice President, Database Marketing (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Strived to improve technologies and processes to enhance the customer experience and improve the bottom line.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Tough economy for banking
Its getting very bad here
Consumer Credit Officer 3 (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 16, 2014
Poor management, no clear direction, terrible moral, too many people exiting the bank, unbearable workload at this time.
Pros
Great locatation
Cons
Bad management
Local banking firm with family values.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Water Valley, MSMay 20, 2013
High priority in customer service. Young progressive management team.
good place to work
Customer service Officer (Current Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJune 2, 2015
i learned a lot at Mechanics bank ,you feel like you are with a family co-workers are nice . the most enjoyable part when you talk to customer
great bank, very family like hospitality
Bilingual Teller (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 15, 2013
small busy bank, but we all helped each other with patients, and for the best of our guests
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSSeptember 7, 2013
Really nothing to say here. It was an ok job. I left for better job and money.
Pros
Easy, great work
Cons
Poorly paid
Fun Workplace
Information Risk Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAApril 18, 2012
I enjoyed working there and the different departments that I worked in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mechanics Bank. Our community is ready to answer.