MechoSystems Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
They need exorcism
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I attend Church before work, asking for God's protection. It is a shame to have been treated as if you are in communist enviroment. If there were fields you would run for the hills or you would be afraid to step on mines . Never seen a Operations Manager as lazy as the one they have. Oh I forgot he's a patsy or is he a eyesore. ...
Pros
Product is wonderful.
Cons
They hire people with no corporate etiquette, Cells phones on desk watching netflixs and hulu, Employers verbally attack people. Operation department needs more training and less playing/talking.
Good product, poor location, horrible upper management
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 31, 2014
The product is interesting in terms of managing building environments.

A typical day involves getting screamed at by the owners, repeatedly, often for doing exactly what they asked you to do. The hardest part of the job is getting anything done once senior management is involved, you can hear them screaming at people all day, every day, a full Queens block away, and through three concrete slabs.

As long as you can stand the insane levels of abuse from the owners, you can learn a bit. However, it's nothing you couldn't learn at any other company, and do it without the constant hell the owners create.
Pros
the renovated offices are nice looking.
Cons
extremely abusive behavior by owners, poor pay, cya culture.
Productive and diverse place to work.
Order Entry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 17, 2015
MechoSystems provides predominantly eco-friendly window shades to it's customers, as well as offers a few other products.
The employees come from all walks of life and form a sort of family while at work.
Upper-management has it's moments, but they eventually work things out as a team.
If asked whether or not I would work at this company again... I would respond with, yes I would.
Pros
Celebration of holidays and recognition of associates.
Cons
Rate of pay as related to the cost of living in NYC.
Relaxed and team orientated
MACHINE OPERATOR/ROLLER (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 5, 2015
Work shift typically starts at 6 am and ends at 2pm. I would operate machine that produced fabrics used for shades and curtains. I would also be a roller (worker who roll product, check measurements using tape measure, and inspect quality of prodcut) about half a work week.
Management was excellent and very involved with workers. Workers were very in tune and ready to help as much as possible. Pretty much an easy and fun at times.
Best part of the job had to be the people.
Pros
3 breaks in total, 45 min lunch
Ad-hoc environment with minimal managerial assistance
Claims Qualifier (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJuly 27, 2013
A typical day at work begins with me logging into our company email system and reviewing claims and or complaints that have been sent to us by customers. Once they are received I then begin the process of determining if a complaint is a valid claim or not. Once determined, I then begin to either process a request for new product or I inform the customer on a denial.

The employees are great and they are always offering assistance and advice on how to handle a situation if needed.
Pros
great co-workers, familiar job process
Cons
poor management, unstructured lead from higher ups
Great place if you don't mind Mexican music or gossip
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work usually involves small repetitive tasks with coworkers minding their own business. Two half hour breaks every couple hours. And the smell of pizza at lunch time.
The team leads and supervisors let a lot slip there attention when it comes to lazy employees. Especially the leads who kill time talking to each other.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with other employees who either try to get on your nerves or don't do their job. Not to mention washing their hands of the blame when something turns out bad.
The most enjoyable part, clocking out.
Pros
easy tasks, lots of young people, decent amount of break time, lots of overtime
Cons
mexican clown music, gossip, rap blasting at top volume.
Good Product, Horrible Work Environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 9, 2013
The owners scream, yell and curse at their employees. Everyone walks around on egg shells. Too stressful!
Pros
nice product
Cons
terrible company culture
It was an okay place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Nothing much to do at work. I didn't learn anything new. My superior was a nice woman. My co-workers and I hardly ever spoke to each other, but judging from the brief conversations we have had I would have to say that they are okay. There was nothing difficult about the job. I did not enjoy working there because it was not challenging enough.
Great Brand and Product poor management
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYAugust 28, 2013
MechoSystems has great product but poor upper management.

Want to know more about MechoSystems?

Ask a question