Mecklenburg County

Mecklenburg County Employer Reviews

Current Employee
Administrative Support Assistant III (Current Employee), charlotte NCAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no training opportunities, no growth
I've been with the counrty for 7 years and I have seen programs come and go along with staff coming and going. I'm not happy in this position because there is no growth and no training opportunities for plus some higher ups walk all over you like a door mat. The work load can depend on the program or department you work in...
Great security
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
responsible for entering confidential information
training opportunities for all employees
coworkers willing to train
management has open door policy
Mostly kind and caring people, family oriented.
Administrative Support Assistant III (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2014
Pros: county discounts to various things within the county
Cons: parking
A typical day in my department would start at 9 am and we would run reports and work to be processed, distribute work among co-workers, check with manager for and new information or special instructions and make sure all of todays work was updated and processed in the various computer systems.

While working with this agency I became more aware of abused – more... and neglected children and came in contact with all kinds of people in all walks of life. I have a better understanding of abuse and neglect more compassion for children. I am an advocate for children.

Management was usually laid back and easy going very helpful but very serious and my co-workers were easy to get along with and seemed to enjoy their work, always willing to help another team member. I liked working with this agency, I liked my co-workers and supervisors and would consider working for this company again if I lived in the area.

The hardest part of my job was keying information into the system that revealed the agency was not able to save a child or a child fell through the cracks within the system, and the most enjoyable thing was when the agency saved a child or I meet a child in the office that defeated almost impossible odds. – less
great work place
Sub-Teacher - Pre-Kindergarten (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2014
Pros: i love reading and doing group activities with the children.
Cons: don't have enough time to spend with them
• Assist students with reading and other assignments, and with group activities.
• Assist lead teacher by checking homework in various subjects and with student activities and general classroom duties.
Great workplace
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), CharlotteMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good working staff and environment
Cons: some days were hective and short staff if they were out on calls.
A typical day started with cheking the gas companies information submit and had to be reported inputted and filed daily. Smoke and choke was done depending on complaints filed. Collecting and submitting a rep to go out on an Air Quality complaint. Once a month meeting with the county, consumer and management concerning complaints filed for the month. – more... Working clos with staff that reported and requested information from me. – less
Staff and work environment is wonderful.
Built Environment Workgroup Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2013
The staff has been helpful in sending information to the members of the workgroup and guiding everyone in the workgroup to stay on task throughout the meetings.
Productive and fun workplace
Substance Abuse Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2013
I looked forward to a day of the unknown factors. In dealing wit individuals that are going through substance abuse and mental health situations you never know what you are walking into but your duty is to help these individuals in their struggle. If a situation is to occur and there is a positive team involved and everyone is on the same page positive – more... things happen and everyone gains as there are no negative outcomes. Some of the most difficult things involved in the job are that you must come to accept that some people aren't there for the right reasons and they may very well walk out and not ever return. – less
Great atmosphere and positive place to work
Fiscal Support Assistant II (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2013
Great benefits and place to work!! Some co workers are better then others but you learn to deal and adapt to the situations. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers. The best part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Interesting Place to Work
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: free coffee for the employees, very reward oriented for good performance
Cons: extremely high customer volume (highest in the state), very stressful environment
The management team was very focused on meeting federal goals and becoming revenue neutral, which for a government agency is very hard to accomplish. We had to take a failing state agency and transform it into a successful county agency. After 3 years of intense change management activities and financial improvements each and every year, a federal performance – more... goal was finally accomplished. – less
Acquired thorough knowledge of the organization.
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2013
Pros: customer impact
Cons: groupthink
I learned to investigate a company and the culture beyond what is presented on brochures and websites. I learned to the importance of working with outside departments within the organization.
its an great job..
Maintenance Operator Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2012
i love my job it allows me to react. with the public.. i get off early i learn alot of out doors things,my co-workers are great people.manegement is great.
Very rewarding
Guardian ad Litem (Current Employee), 4th Street, Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2012
This a voluntary position. The work is very rewarding. It is very important to the lives of defenseless children. Interfacing with people of different venues is required - doctors, school principals, therapists, police, judges, etc. The hardest part of job is learning of children that have been abused.
great place to learn and work
deputy tax collector (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2012
Pros: interacting with taxpayer is rewarding
Cons: interacting with taxpayers can be challenging
Enjoyed educating taxpayers on the laws of taxation; management was very supportive; enjoyed working with coworkers who enjoyed making a difference for the county
Cares about employees working environment, promotes great work ethics and diversity.
Administrative Support Assistant III (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2012
A typical day at work is dealing with ALOT of paper ,walk-in customers,restaurant owners,tattoo artist and childcare providers.My area of specialty is Food & Facilities, I enter service request for various areas of the Environmental program. I've learned behind the scene rules and regulations to run a restaurant,tattoo parlors and daycares etc.The hardest – more... part of the job for me is keeping up with daily changes and all of the PAPER that no one has time to file. – less
Stay focus on Goals
OA IV (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2012
To be sucessful here, you must remember that the Tax payers of Meck County are your customers, they come first.
Fun and exciting
Substance Abuse Department Volunteer (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 19, 2012
I enjoyed volunteering for the company and being of service to the staff. A wonderful company to work for.