Mecklenburg County Employee Reviews

Human Service Specialist I
Case Manager (Medicaid, Food & Nutrition) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2017
Very stressful productivity job
Learned how to be organized with my workload since I have to meet a certain quota everyday, cannot afford to be not organized.
Management is good
very diverse workplace which I love
The hardest part of my job keeping up with my numbers
Working with the clients being help their needs get met, I love working with people.
Laid back
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
I've been with the organization for a while. If you are career minded, it is not the place for you. If you are looking to relax and be content in a role with no growth or learning opportunity. Come on over.
Very Busy
Planning and Zoning Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boydton, VAJune 12, 2017
Always learning something new each day at work. I'm the only person in my office doing several jobs. Not having any help with all the duties I have. Have state holidays.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No one to help when I'm busy and no one to cover my lunch time
Productive and Eager Workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Most employees were team oriented while being very attentive to detail. Great communication between management and other employees which established trust and a friendly work environment.
Elected Official
Mecklenburg County Commissioner At-Large (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2017
Championed and received funding for full-time nurses in all Charlotte-Mecklenburg public schools. Held town hall meetings to inform constituents of available services through Mecklenburg County Government.
Great benefits
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2017
The County is a great place to work simply for the benefits. The office culture depends on the people in the office. Your personality dictates your experience there.
nice place to work for the summer
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, NCApril 5, 2017
this was only a seasonal position very hard to get into the county unless you are related to someone who works higher up with the county or are friends with someone who is a higher up with the county
Pros
working outdoors and meeting all kinds of people
Cons
only a seasonal job no benefits
Favor to some
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2017
Unless you are a experienced 911 paramedic don't even bother. The turn over rate is so high the have to recruit from out of state. If you fit in on the click you will do well if not you will suffer.
Pros
Fair equipment
Cons
Clicks and poor management
A new experience for everyone
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2017
The jobs starts cooking the food everyone was professional in there own way. working in cms made it easier to have more time with my children spend time with them.
Great employer
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work. It can be stressful at times but there's always work to do and you have a very rewarding feeling knowing that you were able to help a family
Terrible Supervisor which can make work AWFUL
Former School Nurse (Former Employee) –  School HealthJanuary 31, 2017
If your supervisor does not like you you will be humiliated, not only by her, but by the teachers, principal, but and staff. The work is easy and the hours are good but the management has nothing better to do than try to conspire to make your like miserable in a heavily populated Charlotte school. Be warned.
Pros
Decent hours and holidays off
Cons
Terrible pay, micromanaged
Great stable job
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Did not have a bad experience working at mecklenburg county, great benefits and secure job, plus you can't beat having a Monday thru Friday schedule, overall good place to work definitely recommend
Pros
Free lunches at times, holidays off, pay is decent
Cons
Progression
Great culture depending on Manager
Public Health Nurse/ School Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2016
Best place I ever worked! You are treated like an adult and respected. Value your opinion as an employee. They show you great appreciation! I had the best manager in the world. Too bad the pay is poor. Not good if you are single parent.
Pros
Flexible environment, great manager
Cons
Poor pay
productive and always learning tool
Human Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
providing accurate service to clients at all times. Always learning new ways to improve time management to get an online application completed. I love working with my team mates because we always helping each other.
Pros
employee appreciation events
Cons
employee parking
some good some bad
Supervisor/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2016
to many leaders and not enough workers most people looking for a way to get out doing what they need to do, and good ole boy network still alive for sure
Supreme Court
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2016
This company could use a change in management and staff. Older staff not willing to retire so younger staff can take care of their families.
Pros
Self training
Cons
All personal not professional, Non-diversed management, lack of education in management, workers walking around selling their own products on company time
Some good, bad and ugly
Detention Officer (Retired) (Former Employee) –  MCJCApril 5, 2016
Mecklenburg County is a great agency to work for. The Sheriff's Office on the other hand is a very different story. It would take 3 12 packs and a half gallon of liquor to stomach that place. Some of the most self centered, egotistical control freaks (male&female) I have every had the pleasure of working with. You can have it! I'd rather work in a pie factory!! Best thing to do is to go to BLET and avoid MCSO! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Pros
Retirement plan if you don't get fired after working there half your life.
Cons
Cut throat agency
good job
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2015
this job is a great place to work with great benefits they are not so good with communication so if you want to try to move up in the company you either have to know someone or get lucky. it took them a year to get back to me about a job they were hiring for i was waiting around for them to interview me.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no communication
County Government is okay overall, but avoid the Sheriff's Office like the plague
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Sheriff's OfficeDecember 2, 2015
The current administration at the Sheriff's Office is corrupt and dishonest, yet the Sheriff has the wool pulled over most everyone's eyes including mine for a long time. The only way to be safe here is to do the bare minimum and avoid drawing any attention to yourself. Those who excel draw the ire of insecure administrators who will tell lies and make up stuff to have reason to show you the door.
N/a
Sr. Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2015
I really just started working for this organization and so good so far. I cover all areas of the county, my job in it's own is not affiliated with a district.