Mecklenburg County Employee Reviews in United States

some good some bad
Supervisor/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2016
to many leaders and not enough workers most people looking for a way to get out doing what they need to do, and good ole boy network still alive for sure
Some good, bad and ugly
Detention Officer (Retired) (Former Employee) –  MCJCApril 5, 2016
Mecklenburg County is a great agency to work for. The Sheriff's Office on the other hand is a very different story. It would take 3 12 packs and a half gallon of liquor to stomach that place. Some of the most self centered, egotistical control freaks (male&female) I have every had the pleasure of working with. You can have it! I'd rather work in a pie factory!! Best thing to do is to go to BLET and avoid MCSO! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Pros
Retirement plan if you don't get fired after working there half your life.
Cons
Cut throat agency
good job
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2015
this job is a great place to work with great benefits they are not so good with communication so if you want to try to move up in the company you either have to know someone or get lucky. it took them a year to get back to me about a job they were hiring for i was waiting around for them to interview me.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no communication
N/a
Sr. Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2015
I really just started working for this organization and so good so far. I cover all areas of the county, my job in it's own is not affiliated with a district.
Great job
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. There was a lot of variety in their job assignments. The most enjoyable part about this company they respect each applicant, very diversified. They are very professional. Served people in all walks of life with compassion.
Pros
flexible and balance
Cons
well balance flexible I believe in following company policies
Very demaning positioon. details very important
Code Enforcement Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2015
Working with the public to help our community and neighborhoods to look bigger and brighter. Worked many different roles, at my desk I was more like an Invoice Operator while working the front desk. the CSR helps the general public as well a all contractors.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
One mistake from one indiviual can cause a ripple effect.
Mecklenburg County Government
Transitional Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2015
A typical day involved handling crisis situations for clients, providing referral services, providing employment and educational workshops, and empowering an at risk population to find employment.
Pros
opportunity to expand one's knowledge
good place to work
Bilingual Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCFebruary 12, 2015
It a good place to work , friendly people, all the times training enjoining all the best in town. Everyone is great person trying to help
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shortly breaks
Great Job!
Voting Programmer/Data Entry/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2015
Amazing people to work with and an amazing experience! I learned a lot from all of my co-workers and how our voting system works so efficiently.
A mixed bag
*not disclosed* (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2014
A good balance between work and personal life, decent benefits, but terrible management and job culture. You have to choose what is more important to you, a career or free time. If you do not care about career advancement this is a great place for you. You get a lot of freedom when issues come up in your personal life.

Management is often promoted based on who they know, not on qualifications. There is a common culture of doing the minimum amount of work possible to meet one's job requirements. Hard work is not encouraged and the best talent typically leaves after a few short years.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
terrible management, poor management decisions
good environment
Data Entry Operator/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2014
enjoyed the people
did no appreciate the wknd call saying my temp assignment was ending
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay rate
medical provider
Brian Injury Specialist (Former Employee) –  charlotte ncAugust 29, 2014
help patients with the medicaid and medicare and billing issues
Current Employee
Administrative Support Assistant III (Current Employee) –  charlotte NCAugust 6, 2014
I've been with the counrty for 7 years and I have seen programs come and go along with staff coming and going. I'm not happy in this position because there is no growth and no training opportunities for plus some higher ups walk all over you like a door mat. The work load can depend on the program or department you work in...
Cons
no training opportunities, no growth
Great security
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
responsible for entering confidential information
training opportunities for all employees
coworkers willing to train
management has open door policy
Mostly kind and caring people, family oriented.
Administrative Support Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2014
A typical day in my department would start at 9 am and we would run reports and work to be processed, distribute work among co-workers, check with manager for and new information or special instructions and make sure all of todays work was updated and processed in the various computer systems.

While working with this agency I became more aware of abused and neglected children and came in contact with all kinds of people in all walks of life. I have a better understanding of abuse and neglect more compassion for children. I am an advocate for children.

Management was usually laid back and easy going very helpful but very serious and my co-workers were easy to get along with and seemed to enjoy their work, always willing to help another team member. I liked working with this agency, I liked my co-workers and supervisors and would consider working for this company again if I lived in the area.

The hardest part of my job was keying information into the system that revealed the agency was not able to save a child or a child fell through the cracks within the system, and the most enjoyable thing was when the agency saved a child or I meet a child in the office that defeated almost impossible odds.
Pros
county discounts to various things within the county
Cons
parking
great work place
Sub-Teacher - Pre-Kindergarten (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2014
• Assist students with reading and other assignments, and with group activities.
• Assist lead teacher by checking homework in various subjects and with student activities and general classroom duties.
Pros
i love reading and doing group activities with the children.
Cons
don't have enough time to spend with them
Great workplace
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  CharlotteMarch 11, 2014
A typical day started with cheking the gas companies information submit and had to be reported inputted and filed daily. Smoke and choke was done depending on complaints filed. Collecting and submitting a rep to go out on an Air Quality complaint. Once a month meeting with the county, consumer and management concerning complaints filed for the month. Working clos with staff that reported and requested information from me.
Pros
good working staff and environment
Cons
some days were hective and short staff if they were out on calls.
Staff and work environment is wonderful.
Built Environment Workgroup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2013
The staff has been helpful in sending information to the members of the workgroup and guiding everyone in the workgroup to stay on task throughout the meetings.
Productive and fun workplace
Substance Abuse Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2013
I looked forward to a day of the unknown factors. In dealing wit individuals that are going through substance abuse and mental health situations you never know what you are walking into but your duty is to help these individuals in their struggle. If a situation is to occur and there is a positive team involved and everyone is on the same page positive things happen and everyone gains as there are no negative outcomes. Some of the most difficult things involved in the job are that you must come to accept that some people aren't there for the right reasons and they may very well walk out and not ever return.
Great atmosphere and positive place to work
Fiscal Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2013
Great benefits and place to work!! Some co workers are better then others but you learn to deal and adapt to the situations. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers. The best part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.

Mecklenburg County Reviews by Location