Med Travelers Employee Reviews

Poor pay
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 10, 2017
One of the worst travel companies in terms of actual pay. They pay less than a regular staff Therapy position with a stable company. Attempt to book travel positions that pay less than other offers in field. Was offered 20% more pay for exact same travel contract with another travel company.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Poor pay, lack of knowledge in healthcare field, can’t keep current staff
Everything I thought it would be!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  WyomingNovember 3, 2017
I am a new grad in, halfway into my first assignment with MedTravelers.
Everything is just as good as I expected. My recruiter is fantastic!
Be aware, though, if you are a new grad, you are expected to jump right in and start with a full caseload right from the start. I was confident in myself and my abilities, but it is still a little intimidating at first.
I encourage anyone who is considering travel to give MedTravelers a call.
Pros
Great pay. Travel opportunities. New grad job opportunities.
awful
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 2, 2017
Awful job. Do not work here. Recruiters are dishonest and do not look out for your best interest. You are placed at the worst facilities because no one else wants to work there.
This was a traveling position, temporary
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Management is excellent, jobs were usually good and well checked into. Was happy with situations I was placed in. I worked several times over the years for this company in traveling positions.
Pros
Good personnel
Cons
Don't know of any
Great place!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 4, 2017
Excellent staff and great company. I would definitely recommend this company. Great communication on all questions that I had. Great job placement! Looking forward to signing up for another assignment next year.
I travelled for the company. I got paid milege for travel and got some rent etc.
Occupational Therapy Assistant, OTA/L (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJuly 13, 2017
Money was good, I did not work long enough for benefits. With travel, if you do not work you do not get paid. I travelled some and liked to meet new people.
Pros
Monies etc
Cons
No work, no pay!
Official response from Med Travelers
July 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at Med Travelers. We value our travelers and strive to provide a positive experience across every aspect of your assignment, including compensation. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your experience.
-David Schmiesing, Division Vice President, Med Travelers

good contract company
Traveling Contract Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2017
Good contract company to work with, was with them a long time ago, at the time had good compensation and opportunities throughout the country. Worth trying out if you want to travel.
Pros
good travel opertunities
Extreme pressure
OTR (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 23, 2016
I had a recruiter describe a job offer to me over phone call and text. I told him I wanted to accept the position over text and asked for him to send me the contract. A few hours later when I read the contract and researched the area, it was not agreeable to me and I refused to sign. He tried to say that my text message was a binding contract and I would never find therapy work again if I did not accept the position. He sent me increasingly threatening messages for a week until I asked a friend in the travel therapy industry to call and sort it out. Then he had the gall to say that her calling was an indication that my career was in in shambles. Well I have have many job offers since and he was wrong and manipulative. I regret phrasing a text message with such certainty without reading the contract in full, but I had no idea he would be so mean.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Threats and manipulation.
Official response from Med Travelers
November 28, 2016

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Med Travelers truly values our travelers and we strive to provide a positive and customer service-focused experience. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it and ensure future clinicians do not have similar issues. I hope you will please contact me directly at David.Schmiesing@medtravelers.com or (469) 524-1506 x 5529. -David Schmiesing, Division Vice Present, Med Travelers

Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Illinois, FloridaAugust 20, 2016
I was employed as a travel Speech/Language Pathologist for 3 different assignments with Med Travelers. My recruiter was very good at communicating with me and the assignments were all positive experiences. I would recommend this company to anyone in the travel therapy industry.
Pros
good communication, good pay.
Good company to work for
Various locations throughout MD and DC (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 8, 2016
The recruiter I worked with was awesome (although she no longer works there). She really cared about me as an individual and treated me with respect!
Pros
Good pay, job security!
Cons
N/a
Just a traveling job
Contract Technologist-Radiology (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2016
Its a traveling job that you will meet a wide range of different people from different part of the country. The best part of the job is you are not grounded and committed to one facility and you can enjoy a new city and their surrounding.
Pros
not gounded
Cons
have to leave when a contract is ended
Good travel company
Traveling PTA (Former Employee) –  AZ, TX, MDJune 17, 2015
It was real nice that had a department to handle all licensing needs. Friendly recruiters, always responded fast to emails and phone messages.
Productive work invironment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Physial Therapist AssistantSeptember 10, 2014
I had a Good Experience and was able to continue my work in Physical Therapy in which I very much enjoy doing.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Having to Travel away from Family
Very attentive
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Seattle WashingtonApril 15, 2014
My account rep was able to get me an assignment quickly and make it happen smoothly.
Great Travel Company
Traveling PT/ Staff PT (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 29, 2014
MedTravelers was a great company to work with. They worked hard to get me timely contracts and the compensation is among the best in the business.
Great place to work if you love to travel
Ultrasound/Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 28, 2013
Med Travelers is an agency that sends you usually out of state to various hospitals. It's hard to say what a typical day was like at so many places, but usually the pace was steady. You kept busy. What I liked least is rarely did they have assignments close to my home, and when my children were in school I couldn't travel. What I liked the most is that I love to travel, and my family and I got a chance to see various locations of the country that we otherwise might not have. I also made some really great friends, even though some of the assignments were short. Often times I thought about relocating, but my kids would have killed me. They love our permanent home. The supervisor on one of the assignments vacations in Chicago sometimes, and my family always meets up with hers. A supervisor at another location cross trained me in echoes. That was priceless. Just about every co worker I had was very friendly and helpful. Some knew we were strangers in town, and often invited us to different events.
Overall wonderful company with comittment to their travelers.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDNovember 4, 2013
I have traveled with Med. Travelers on several occ. and with them I have gotten to work IP, OP and Skilled which I have really enjoyed and able to maintain a good balance of knowledge with each setting. I enjoy the compatibility that you have working with different management, my co-workers and the pt.'s, learning something new each day and being proud at the end of the day that I able to help someone get better ( not just physically, but mentally as well sometimes.) I am proud that I am a PTA and I love what I do. Med Travelers thru my recruiter knows me as a person, my likes and dislikes, that's what made them a good company to work for.
Great company to work for.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2013
This is a travel company and they are a great company. I had a wonderful recruiter that I worked with. She will go the extra mile.
A day at work.
COTA/L  (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 21, 2013
A day at work consists of implementing treatment plan for patients based on an evaluation set in place by the OTR. I have learned time management and how to get the best out of my patients. The hardest part of the day is when patients are unavailable but I work through it and manage my time. The best part of the job is the progress that I get to see my patients make. The facility is pretty good.
Had a great recruiter that I could count on for the answers and prompt resolutions I needed.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2013
I worked in various settings for Med Travelers and very much enjoyed it. They were able to work with me to get the compensation I needed and find jobs where I was interested in traveling. I would recommend them to anyone looking to work in traveling therapy.
Pros
get payed to see the country, weekly direct deposit makes for easy budgeting.
Cons
travel between jobs only reimbursed to $500 though i believe this is pretty standard, sometimes finding your next travel assignment comes down to the wire (with all traveling)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Med Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.