MED1CARE

MED1CARE Employee Reviews

getting experience
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Maumee, OHMay 19, 2015
I was a new nursing grad in 2013 and I had a hard time deciding where I wanted to go and work. I chose to start with Med1Care because I liked the idea of the homecare being one on one. I really enjoyed it and decided to try working more in facilities too and found that I like that too. The facilities are fast paced and keep me on my toes, but I still like the home care too because I know and really like my patients. I get to choose what hours and when I work too which is nice. Overall I am very happy with working here.
variety
STNA (Current Employee), Sandusky, OHMay 11, 2015
I am an STNA that doesn't like to stay in one place. I like new chances to work and learn from different people. Med1 lets me go to a bunch of different facilities where I get to work with all kinds of great people both staff and clients. I really enjoy new things so this works out for me, and I get to choose my own hours which are even better. I would recommend working here instead of being stuck at one place and getting mandated all the time.
steady work
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Toledo, ohMay 5, 2015
I have worked for a few agencies over the years, but most will have some work for awhile and then it will dry up. I have never had that problem here. They always have a lot of work for me, and sometimes more than I even can handle. I work as much as I want, and if I need days off I just let them know in advance and I don't get scheduled for those days. I have worked with a number of people in the office and they have all been easy to deal with and helpful.
never mandated
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible
I am a Nurse that has worked at a lot of places, and I have always had issues where the person who was to relieve me at the end of my shift is late or didn't show and then I have to stay to cover. I am a mother of three and this has always been very hard for me to arrange more time with sitters and things like that. Since I have been at Med1 I have not had to stay over once. When my shift is over, I go home! I get to pick the times that work for me and my family and then I am done. This is the best place for me to be so I will always recommend working here!
full time hours
LPN (Current Employee), Findlay, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: lots of work
I am a nurse who likes to work. I have worked with other agencies before and they will only give me part time hours, but I wanted more. Med1 lets me work full time in home care and then also finds me work at facilities when I want it. I work on average 60 hours per week and it is great! If there are weeks that I don't want to work that much, then I don't pick up staffing hours, but most of the time I do. Finally a company that values my work ethic and will give me what I want!
great opportunities
LPN (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: easy to work with
As a single Mom I have to juggle my work schedule around my kids, and Med1 lets me do that. I work in homecare as a nurse doing patient evaluations, med set-ups and patient care to our clients in their homes. I also work in SNF's whenever I can as well. They allow me to choose what patients, shifts and hours work for me and my schedule so I don't have to miss out on getting my kids on the bus or their games and such. They have really helped me a lot. I plan to stay here for a long time!
Choose my schedule
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fremont, OHMarch 27, 2015
I work in a more rural area, and I had a hard time finding a place that would work around my kid's schedules. But Med1 has worked with me so that I now work with two clients in their homes and also pick up more hours at a couple of facilities nearby whenever I can. I am working full time when I can and enough hours otherwise when my schedule is busy. They have really helped me make money but have time with my family too.!
Travel Nurse
RN (Current Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunity
I had recently accepted several assignments with the company locally and have enjoyed all of them very much. The facilities that I have worked at have all been top-notch and I enjoy working there. The pay has been great and I am currently deciding on whether to accept my first travel nurse assignment out of state. There are a lot of opportunities with them that I had never been exposed to before so I am excited to be part of this company!
Pick my own hours
STNA (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: money
I work as an STNA at different facilities through Med1 and I have really enjoyed all the different people that I have worked with. I only pick up whatever hours work for me since I am a single mom. They always call me with shifts they know I can pick up and ask about others too. I just got a bonus for having one of my friends come and work with us! I am very happy and tell everyone who is looking for good work to call them!
Keep me very busy
RN (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great schedule and office staff
I have worked as a Registered Nurse for this company for about a year and a half, and I have never been so busy in my life. I have asked for hours as I am trying to pay off school loans and they are giving me as many as I want to work. I have been able to choose which hospitals/SNF's I work at and it has been great. If I do want a day off, I just tell them that I can't work that day and it's fine. I get to actually have a life and work as much as I want to when I want to and never have to worry about getting mandated because someone else didn't show up. I plan on staying here a long time!
Great place to get a lot of different experience!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great staff co-workers
I am a nurse in a smaller town where there isn't a lot of opportunity. I signed on with Med1 after not finding someplace that I really wanted to work at full time. I picked up work in Home Health where I can work with patients one on one and I love it. They also send me to different facilties that are an easy drive for me, and the money has been real good. The office staff gives me clients and shifts when I want them and if I can fit into my schedule since I have kids. I never get mandated which is so much better for my family than working at one nursing facility. It is a great way for me to work and still see my kids each day!
good pay
STNA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: plenty of work
I went to school here and then took my STNA test. I passed and starting working at a nursing home near my house and at Med1care working at different places. I get paid more working here than at the other place, so I work full time for Med1. I get to go back to the places that I like, and they ask for me because I do a nice job. If you want to work they will find you places for good money!
Love my job
STNA/HHA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 29, 2015
I went through the STNA classes at Med1 and got a job working with my homecare clients right after I graduated. After a few weeks I passed my state test and now work in nursing homes and hospitals through Med1 too. I like being able to do both and I pick up whatever shifts that work best for me. But I get to keep my clients permanently so I always know how many hours I am going to have, and can pick up more if I want to. The ladies in the office are great! I am glad I found this place for school! I tell everyone to call here if they want to be a STNA
work when I want
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: easy to work with
I started to pick up a couple of shifts a week after working at my job, but I quit there to work here full time. I never have to take a shift I don't want and when my shift is over I get to leave. I always know what my schedule is because I choose it. It really helps with daycare for me. I recommend this for anyone needing something different and where you get to work when you want.
classes and a job
Home Health aide (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: training and jobs
I went to can class in the Findlay office and had a great experience. my teacher was awesome. When I graduated they offered me a job working at different nursing homes and I have learned so much. They also gave me a client to work with at her home and she is so much fun! I really like my job even though I wasn't sure at first. I am going to stay here for a long time!
i love my clients
home health aide (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: can work when i want
I get to work with the best clients. I have had a few people over the last year and I have had fun with all of them. I am in school and do this to pay my bills and work around class. I get to pick my clients and my schedule. I only work part time, but a lot of my friends work full time in home care and work at hospitals and nursing homes too.
At home care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Findlay, OHNovember 24, 2014
Worked in the home with DD clients. Went outside to play, Went over their learning plans. I Work good with my Co-wokers
don't waste your time
aid (Former Employee), FindlayNovember 23, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: take your pick!
Had to pay upfront money for tests etc. I never got paid on time, if at all. Everyone seems to be good at pointing fingers at someone else when they screw up. This company is notorious in this area for unorganized and rude office staff.I wouldn't recommend this nightmare of a place to anyone looking for a job. I would NEVER let this company oversee the care of my loved one. This company could be great with a major overhaul first. The potential of this company is great but isn't noticed by anyone higher up. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. It's expected of you to drive to a client's home and leave within a specified time then return the same day a couple hours later. No mileage reimbursement and makes it tough with gas prices so high. Again, a major overhaul is desperately needed.
Great place to work!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
I really enjoy working for Med1Care. They offer flexible scheduling and are always able to work around the schedule I have with my kids. They have very friendly office staff who are always able to help when I have questions about my clients. I really enjoyed taking the STNA classes with them and after I graduated I was immediately offered a job. Also being a STNA through Med1Care I am able to work in home health care as well as work in the facilities they staff.
Awesome place to work!
Med1Care (Current Employee), Holland, OHNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, helpful staff, variety of work
I am an STNA and like that I have the ability to do home care work as well as being able to work in long-term care facilities with Med1Care. They provide me with flexible scheduling to work around my school schedule. The office staff is very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. I would definitely recommend working with Med1Care!

About MED1CARE

Med1Care is a home health care, medical staffing, and training center offering STNA classes, first aide, and CPR. Med1Care is – Read more