MED1CARE

MED1CARE Employee Reviews

good people
Home Health aide (Current Employee), Perrysburg, ohJune 17, 2015
I have been a Home Health aide here for over 4 years and I really like my clients and the people in the office. They are always helpful for me, and have worked with me when I had some issues and needed some time off at the last minute. I have worked at other agencies, but I have never stayed because they didn't treat me as well as Med1 does.
Stablility
STNA/HHA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: steady work
I have been an STNA with Med1 for almost 5 years. They treat me real nice and always have work for me. I work full time with my home care clients, and part time in nursing homes. I love my clients, and they only want me, unless I have some time off which I get whenever I have asked for it. Just a good place to work.
good place to work
STNA (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJune 10, 2015
I have been working here for about two years and I have been very happy. I work when I want, mostly third shift because my husband works days and it is better for us. They always find me work when I want, and I can take off whenever I need to. It is so nice choosing your own schedule instead of being forced to work when the building wants me to. I definitely like it here!
flexible
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Maumee, OHJune 1, 2015
I just currently got my STNA certificate, even though I have been a home health aide for awhile. I let it lapse, but now I have it back. When I started with Med1 I worked as a home aide that I liked very much. But now that I got my STNA again they are working me at nursing homes and I am making even more money than before.
I also just signed up to start getting my LPN degree and they are working with me around my class schedule, and said I can work as an LPN when I graduate and told me what I would make. I can't wait! They have treated me real good and I am going to stay here for a long time!
no mandating
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Fremont, OHMay 28, 2015
I have worked for many years at different buildings with different administrators, but I always get mandated because someone else doesn't show up on time or maybe ever. I have never had this problem with Med1. I only pick up the shifts that work for me and my schedule, and when my shift is over I go home.

I have been asked to stay at a facility before when someone on their staff didn't show, and if it doesn't mess up my schedule I will take it and get extra money. But if it doesn't work for me, I am able to still go home and get my kids or whatever I need to do.

I get paid good and get to choose my hours, it works for me!
nice people
HHA/CNA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 22, 2015
I work as a home health aide and have for about 6 months. I work with the office a lot to find clients and hours that work with for me and they are always very helpful. There are different people that I speak with sometimes, but they are always nice and get me the help I need. My clients are also real nice too. I work when I have time around my kids school, and they find me clients and hours to do that and still keep money coming in. So far I have been much happier here than other places I have worked at!
getting experience
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Maumee, OHMay 19, 2015
I was a new nursing grad in 2013 and I had a hard time deciding where I wanted to go and work. I chose to start with Med1Care because I liked the idea of the homecare being one on one. I really enjoyed it and decided to try working more in facilities too and found that I like that too. The facilities are fast paced and keep me on my toes, but I still like the home care too because I know and really like my patients. I get to choose what hours and when I work too which is nice. Overall I am very happy with working here.
variety
STNA (Current Employee), Sandusky, OHMay 11, 2015
I am an STNA that doesn't like to stay in one place. I like new chances to work and learn from different people. Med1 lets me go to a bunch of different facilities where I get to work with all kinds of great people both staff and clients. I really enjoy new things so this works out for me, and I get to choose my own hours which are even better. I would recommend working here instead of being stuck at one place and getting mandated all the time.
steady work
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Toledo, ohMay 5, 2015
I have worked for a few agencies over the years, but most will have some work for awhile and then it will dry up. I have never had that problem here. They always have a lot of work for me, and sometimes more than I even can handle. I work as much as I want, and if I need days off I just let them know in advance and I don't get scheduled for those days. I have worked with a number of people in the office and they have all been easy to deal with and helpful.
never mandated
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: flexible
I am a Nurse that has worked at a lot of places, and I have always had issues where the person who was to relieve me at the end of my shift is late or didn't show and then I have to stay to cover. I am a mother of three and this has always been very hard for me to arrange more time with sitters and things like that. Since I have been at Med1 I have not had to stay over once. When my shift is over, I go home! I get to pick the times that work for me and my family and then I am done. This is the best place for me to be so I will always recommend working here!
full time hours
LPN (Current Employee), Findlay, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: lots of work
I am a nurse who likes to work. I have worked with other agencies before and they will only give me part time hours, but I wanted more. Med1 lets me work full time in home care and then also finds me work at facilities when I want it. I work on average 60 hours per week and it is great! If there are weeks that I don't want to work that much, then I don't pick up staffing hours, but most of the time I do. Finally a company that values my work ethic and will give me what I want!
great opportunities
LPN (Current Employee), Lima, OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: easy to work with
As a single Mom I have to juggle my work schedule around my kids, and Med1 lets me do that. I work in homecare as a nurse doing patient evaluations, med set-ups and patient care to our clients in their homes. I also work in SNF's whenever I can as well. They allow me to choose what patients, shifts and hours work for me and my schedule so I don't have to miss out on getting my kids on the bus or their games and such. They have really helped me a lot. I plan to stay here for a long time!
Choose my schedule
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fremont, OHMarch 27, 2015
I work in a more rural area, and I had a hard time finding a place that would work around my kid's schedules. But Med1 has worked with me so that I now work with two clients in their homes and also pick up more hours at a couple of facilities nearby whenever I can. I am working full time when I can and enough hours otherwise when my schedule is busy. They have really helped me make money but have time with my family too.!
Travel Nurse
RN (Current Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunity
I had recently accepted several assignments with the company locally and have enjoyed all of them very much. The facilities that I have worked at have all been top-notch and I enjoy working there. The pay has been great and I am currently deciding on whether to accept my first travel nurse assignment out of state. There are a lot of opportunities with them that I had never been exposed to before so I am excited to be part of this company!
Pick my own hours
STNA (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: money
I work as an STNA at different facilities through Med1 and I have really enjoyed all the different people that I have worked with. I only pick up whatever hours work for me since I am a single mom. They always call me with shifts they know I can pick up and ask about others too. I just got a bonus for having one of my friends come and work with us! I am very happy and tell everyone who is looking for good work to call them!
Keep me very busy
RN (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great schedule and office staff
I have worked as a Registered Nurse for this company for about a year and a half, and I have never been so busy in my life. I have asked for hours as I am trying to pay off school loans and they are giving me as many as I want to work. I have been able to choose which hospitals/SNF's I work at and it has been great. If I do want a day off, I just tell them that I can't work that day and it's fine. I get to actually have a life and work as much as I want to when I want to and never have to worry about getting mandated because someone else didn't show up. I plan on staying here a long time!
Great place to get a lot of different experience!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great staff co-workers
I am a nurse in a smaller town where there isn't a lot of opportunity. I signed on with Med1 after not finding someplace that I really wanted to work at full time. I picked up work in Home Health where I can work with patients one on one and I love it. They also send me to different facilties that are an easy drive for me, and the money has been real good. The office staff gives me clients and shifts when I want them and if I can fit into my schedule since I have kids. I never get mandated which is so much better for my family than working at one nursing facility. It is a great way for me to work and still see my kids each day!
good pay
STNA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: plenty of work
I went to school here and then took my STNA test. I passed and starting working at a nursing home near my house and at Med1care working at different places. I get paid more working here than at the other place, so I work full time for Med1. I get to go back to the places that I like, and they ask for me because I do a nice job. If you want to work they will find you places for good money!
Love my job
STNA/HHA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 29, 2015
I went through the STNA classes at Med1 and got a job working with my homecare clients right after I graduated. After a few weeks I passed my state test and now work in nursing homes and hospitals through Med1 too. I like being able to do both and I pick up whatever shifts that work best for me. But I get to keep my clients permanently so I always know how many hours I am going to have, and can pick up more if I want to. The ladies in the office are great! I am glad I found this place for school! I tell everyone to call here if they want to be a STNA
work when I want
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: easy to work with
I started to pick up a couple of shifts a week after working at my job, but I quit there to work here full time. I never have to take a shift I don't want and when my shift is over I get to leave. I always know what my schedule is because I choose it. It really helps with daycare for me. I recommend this for anyone needing something different and where you get to work when you want.

About MED1CARE

Med1Care is a home health care, medical staffing, and training center offering STNA classes, first aide, and CPR. Med1Care is – Read more

MED1CARE Salaries