MED1CARE Employee Reviews in United States

flexibility and independence
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 7, 2015
The scheduling was very flexible, caseload was always steady. A good variety of age and diagnosis. God communication with direct supervisor
Pros
fkexible schedule
Cons
poor communication with office personal
best clients
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 6, 2015
I have worked in home health for a few years and for different companies, but I like Med1 the best! They let me chose which clients I get to work with and for what hours so it is really nice for me so that I can work around my kids and school. They treat me really good too, so I plan to stay here even after I get my nursing degree done.
easy to deal with
STNA (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHSeptember 29, 2015
I have been here as an STNA for a year now, and I have never had it so good. I get as many hours as I like and office finds replacements for me if I need a day off for my kids. I get to pick what days and times I work which is great for me and my schedule. I would tell anyone to come here.
Good pay
LPN (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 21, 2015
I have been with Med1 for about a year, and I have been very pleased with the way things have been going. I have as many hours as I want to work which really helps with my bills. I make more working for them than I did working at a facility full time. I really like it here and I tell my friends about it too.
Busy
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 13, 2015
I have worked here as an aide for about a year, and I am always busy. I have most of the same clients that I started with, but I did have one that we didn't really get along with so they found a new aide for them and gave me a new client that I really like. I don't have trouble finding hours here like I did other places. Its a good place.
Great schedule
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  ToledoAugust 12, 2015
I work as a nurse in both the homecare and staffing parts of the business. I work about 20 hours a week with clients in their homes doing med set ups, wound care and things like that. I also work another 20 + hours a week working at facilities. It is different each week because my schedule at home changes, so I pick up staffing hours when it works for me, and I always have a lot of places to choose from. I have been here over a year, and I like it a lot!
very busy
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 4, 2015
I am an LPN in the staffing division of this company and have been for over a year now. I didn't know how much I was going to work when I started because I didn't know what types of places they were going to send me. I have had nothing but good places to work and I have more hours than I need most weeks. I tell them when I can work now because otherwise they will have me working 7 days. I am not complaining about that because I have been places that didn't have any work. But I like a day off too. Its a good place to be though, I recommend being a part of this company.
good school with job opportunity too
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 29, 2015
I went to the STNA classes in Findlay and loved my instructor. When I finished my classes I was able to hire on as a home health aide until I took my state test and passed. When I took my test I then started working at nursing homes too, but I kept my home care clients because I like them so much. I have decided to take LPN classes this fall, and they are going to work around my schedule to help me do both, so I am very happy here.
easy to work with
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 27, 2015
I just started with the company a few weeks ago, but I am already very happy that I did. I have worked with other agencies before, but none have ever been as good to work with before. The office staff listens to me and helps find me clients and hours that work for me instead of making me take things that would be tough to do with my kids schedule. I am very happy here and would tell anyone this is a good place to be.
able to grow with company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHJuly 24, 2015
I started working for Med1 5 years ago as a home health aide, but I decided to go back to school and get my degree as a LPN. They worked around my schedule so I could see my clients when I didn't have class which let me work and go to school. When I graduated they gave me jobs as a nurse in home care and now at facilities too. They have been great to me and I really like being there. I am going to start RN classes in the fall, and they said they have a position for me when I am done with that too. Awesome!

Want to know more about MED1CARE?

Ask a question
Good opportunity
Registered Nurse (RN) Acute Care (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2015
As an RN with multiple years of experience, I had gotten tired of working the floor constantly. As such I started with Med1 in order to see what else was out there at different facilities. I have been working both per diem and travel and so far I have had great experiences and plenty of work. I plan to stay here for quite some time!
good people
Home Health aide (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, ohJune 17, 2015
I have been a Home Health aide here for over 4 years and I really like my clients and the people in the office. They are always helpful for me, and have worked with me when I had some issues and needed some time off at the last minute. I have worked at other agencies, but I have never stayed because they didn't treat me as well as Med1 does.
Stablility
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 16, 2015
I have been an STNA with Med1 for almost 5 years. They treat me real nice and always have work for me. I work full time with my home care clients, and part time in nursing homes. I love my clients, and they only want me, unless I have some time off which I get whenever I have asked for it. Just a good place to work.
Pros
steady work
good place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 10, 2015
I have been working here for about two years and I have been very happy. I work when I want, mostly third shift because my husband works days and it is better for us. They always find me work when I want, and I can take off whenever I need to. It is so nice choosing your own schedule instead of being forced to work when the building wants me to. I definitely like it here!
flexible
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 1, 2015
I just currently got my STNA certificate, even though I have been a home health aide for awhile. I let it lapse, but now I have it back. When I started with Med1 I worked as a home aide that I liked very much. But now that I got my STNA again they are working me at nursing homes and I am making even more money than before.
I also just signed up to start getting my LPN degree and they are working with me around my class schedule, and said I can work as an LPN when I graduate and told me what I would make. I can't wait! They have treated me real good and I am going to stay here for a long time!
no mandating
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHMay 28, 2015
I have worked for many years at different buildings with different administrators, but I always get mandated because someone else doesn't show up on time or maybe ever. I have never had this problem with Med1. I only pick up the shifts that work for me and my schedule, and when my shift is over I go home.

I have been asked to stay at a facility before when someone on their staff didn't show, and if it doesn't mess up my schedule I will take it and get extra money. But if it doesn't work for me, I am able to still go home and get my kids or whatever I need to do.

I get paid good and get to choose my hours, it works for me!
nice people
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 22, 2015
I work as a home health aide and have for about 6 months. I work with the office a lot to find clients and hours that work with for me and they are always very helpful. There are different people that I speak with sometimes, but they are always nice and get me the help I need. My clients are also real nice too. I work when I have time around my kids school, and they find me clients and hours to do that and still keep money coming in. So far I have been much happier here than other places I have worked at!
getting experience
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 19, 2015
I was a new nursing grad in 2013 and I had a hard time deciding where I wanted to go and work. I chose to start with Med1Care because I liked the idea of the homecare being one on one. I really enjoyed it and decided to try working more in facilities too and found that I like that too. The facilities are fast paced and keep me on my toes, but I still like the home care too because I know and really like my patients. I get to choose what hours and when I work too which is nice. Overall I am very happy with working here.
variety
STNA (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 11, 2015
I am an STNA that doesn't like to stay in one place. I like new chances to work and learn from different people. Med1 lets me go to a bunch of different facilities where I get to work with all kinds of great people both staff and clients. I really enjoy new things so this works out for me, and I get to choose my own hours which are even better. I would recommend working here instead of being stuck at one place and getting mandated all the time.
steady work
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Toledo, ohMay 5, 2015
I have worked for a few agencies over the years, but most will have some work for awhile and then it will dry up. I have never had that problem here. They always have a lot of work for me, and sometimes more than I even can handle. I work as much as I want, and if I need days off I just let them know in advance and I don't get scheduled for those days. I have worked with a number of people in the office and they have all been easy to deal with and helpful.

4.5