MED1CARE

MED1CARE United States Employee Reviews

Choose my schedule
STNA/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fremont, OHMarch 27, 2015
I work in a more rural area, and I had a hard time finding a place that would work around my kid's schedules. But Med1 has worked with me so that I now work with two clients in their homes and also pick up more hours at a couple of facilities nearby whenever I can. I am working full time when I can and enough hours otherwise when my schedule is busy. They have really helped me make money but have time with my family too.!
Travel Nurse
RN (Current Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunity
I had recently accepted several assignments with the company locally and have enjoyed all of them very much. The facilities that I have worked at have all been top-notch and I enjoy working there. The pay has been great and I am currently deciding on whether to accept my first travel nurse assignment out of state. There are a lot of opportunities with them that I had never been exposed to before so I am excited to be part of this company!
Pick my own hours
STNA (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: money
I work as an STNA at different facilities through Med1 and I have really enjoyed all the different people that I have worked with. I only pick up whatever hours work for me since I am a single mom. They always call me with shifts they know I can pick up and ask about others too. I just got a bonus for having one of my friends come and work with us! I am very happy and tell everyone who is looking for good work to call them!
Keep me very busy
RN (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great schedule and office staff
I have worked as a Registered Nurse for this company for about a year and a half, and I have never been so busy in my life. I have asked for hours as I am trying to pay off school loans and they are giving me as many as I want to work. I have been able to choose which hospitals/SNF's I work at and it has been great. If I do want a day off, I just tell them that I can't work that day and it's fine. I get to actually have a life and work as much as I want to when I want to and never have to worry about getting mandated because someone else didn't show up. I plan on staying here a long time!
Great place to get a lot of different experience!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great staff co-workers
I am a nurse in a smaller town where there isn't a lot of opportunity. I signed on with Med1 after not finding someplace that I really wanted to work at full time. I picked up work in Home Health where I can work with patients one on one and I love it. They also send me to different facilties that are an easy drive for me, and the money has been real good. The office staff gives me clients and shifts when I want them and if I can fit into my schedule since I have kids. I never get mandated which is so much better for my family than working at one nursing facility. It is a great way for me to work and still see my kids each day!
good pay
STNA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: plenty of work
I went to school here and then took my STNA test. I passed and starting working at a nursing home near my house and at Med1care working at different places. I get paid more working here than at the other place, so I work full time for Med1. I get to go back to the places that I like, and they ask for me because I do a nice job. If you want to work they will find you places for good money!
Love my job
STNA/HHA (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 29, 2015
I went through the STNA classes at Med1 and got a job working with my homecare clients right after I graduated. After a few weeks I passed my state test and now work in nursing homes and hospitals through Med1 too. I like being able to do both and I pick up whatever shifts that work best for me. But I get to keep my clients permanently so I always know how many hours I am going to have, and can pick up more if I want to. The ladies in the office are great! I am glad I found this place for school! I tell everyone to call here if they want to be a STNA
work when I want
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: easy to work with
I started to pick up a couple of shifts a week after working at my job, but I quit there to work here full time. I never have to take a shift I don't want and when my shift is over I get to leave. I always know what my schedule is because I choose it. It really helps with daycare for me. I recommend this for anyone needing something different and where you get to work when you want.
classes and a job
Home Health aide (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: training and jobs
I went to can class in the Findlay office and had a great experience. my teacher was awesome. When I graduated they offered me a job working at different nursing homes and I have learned so much. They also gave me a client to work with at her home and she is so much fun! I really like my job even though I wasn't sure at first. I am going to stay here for a long time!
i love my clients
home health aide (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: can work when i want
I get to work with the best clients. I have had a few people over the last year and I have had fun with all of them. I am in school and do this to pay my bills and work around class. I get to pick my clients and my schedule. I only work part time, but a lot of my friends work full time in home care and work at hospitals and nursing homes too.
At home care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Findlay, OHNovember 24, 2014
Worked in the home with DD clients. Went outside to play, Went over their learning plans. I Work good with my Co-wokers
don't waste your time
aid (Former Employee), FindlayNovember 23, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: take your pick!
Had to pay upfront money for tests etc. I never got paid on time, if at all. Everyone seems to be good at pointing fingers at someone else when they screw up. This company is notorious in this area for unorganized and rude office staff.I wouldn't recommend this nightmare of a place to anyone looking for a job. I would NEVER let this company oversee the care of my loved one. This company could be great with a major overhaul first. The potential of this company is great but isn't noticed by anyone higher up. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. It's expected of you to drive to a client's home and leave within a specified time then return the same day a couple hours later. No mileage reimbursement and makes it tough with gas prices so high. Again, a major overhaul is desperately needed.
Great place to work!
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
I really enjoy working for Med1Care. They offer flexible scheduling and are always able to work around the schedule I have with my kids. They have very friendly office staff who are always able to help when I have questions about my clients. I really enjoyed taking the STNA classes with them and after I graduated I was immediately offered a job. Also being a STNA through Med1Care I am able to work in home health care as well as work in the facilities they staff.
Awesome place to work!
Med1Care (Current Employee), Holland, OHNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, helpful staff, variety of work
I am an STNA and like that I have the ability to do home care work as well as being able to work in long-term care facilities with Med1Care. They provide me with flexible scheduling to work around my school schedule. The office staff is very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. I would definitely recommend working with Med1Care!
Awesome place to work for
Travel Director (Former Employee), OhioFebruary 8, 2014
Smaller, family owned business that has seen tremendous growth over the last 13 years. The owners are great people to work for! As a staffing coordinator, the responsibilities are to fill any and all open shifts provided by the clients-hospitals in most cases. I really enjoyed the environment of the workplace and I would say the hardest part was being on-call through the night.

November 10, 2014

Thank you for your review. Med1Care values all of our dedicated employees.

Fair Place
LPN (Former Employee), Findlay, OHDecember 17, 2013
A typical work day was normally scheduled for me for a whole month
Small overwhelmed company
Home Health Aid (Former Employee), OhioNovember 14, 2013
Cons: no set hours or client, misinformation between management
Horrible place to work. There is no communication between managers. I even had one lie to me about a client. They do not keep clients updated as to who the aid will be and when they will be there. They do not supply the supplies needed to do your job. I kept asking for gloves but NEVER received any. Just kept telling me they were shipped (for 6 months).You never hear from your supervisor unless it is to change your hours or a complaint. I was there for 6 months and did not have any kind of review. You do not get raises at all. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE.

November 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. I am sorry to hear you feel there was miscommunication during your employment with Med1Care. Med1Care is 24/7 and you can contact our office at any time regarding questions, comments, or complaints. As a Home Health Aide, your nursing supervisor would complete a supervisory visit on you every 60 days. That visit is usually in your absence so the client feels comfortable voicing any complaints or concerns if there are any. Regarding supplies, supplies are always auto shipped to the clients home based on what the client is permitted through their payer source. As to gloves, gloves are available for pickup at our office anytime. We wish you the best of luck in your future employment!

Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee), ToledoOctober 20, 2013
Cons: low pay, incomplete training/orientation, co-workers unfriendly
This is a horrible company to work for-why do you think they CONSTANTLY have ads for instructors? At first, they seem very easy going but then they don't train you well enough and blame you for things that are out of your control. The class room/ practice areas are filthy, out of date with broken equipment and not enough room for all of the students they try to cram in. Long hours, low pay, not enough staff..

November 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Med1Care and our entire team strive to provide the best service possible. We are rapidly growing and have doubled the size of our training center in the past 12 months, and therefore have increased our nursing team hence why we are looking for talented RNs to educate future healthcare professionals. As our training center grows so does our wonderful staff. In order to provide the best service possible we value the feedback of our students on the quality of their instruction and this enables us to provide the best instruction in NWO. We always want to ensure that we have the best RN educators on board. To be a successful member of our team you must have a positive attitude and strong teaching skills, and be well received amongst students and the teaching team alike. All training for STNA Instructors is state mandated, and every nurse who teaches an STNA class completes Train the Trainer which is the state mandated training course. Once this training is completed all nurses receive a certificate which enables them to begin teaching. In addition to this training all of our new instructors shadow an existing instructor in both clinical and classroom setting. The STNA program is a 75 hour program, and the students can complete this program in a two week day format or 3 week evening format, or a 6 week weekend program. Therefore none of our instructors work more than 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week. The majority of them work 25-35 hours weekly. Lastly, to address your concern of our facility. All of our training centers – more... have exceeded state survey requirements in each and every survey, which requires specific equipment that is functional and up to date. All skills labs and clinical settings are up to date and have recently been surveyed. We even have a new state of the art facility located at 1225 Corporate Ave. in Holland.

Med1Care does not strive to be easy going. We strive to provide quality instruction to ensure our students receive the best education possible. – less

Small company
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 15, 2012
Pros: easy to communicate
Cons: not much growth
Small company (mom and pop) competing against national staffing companies. Great with STNA training program but lacking in the staffing department.

November 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Med1Care strives to provide quality service and quality care to residents and patients alike. Med1Care is locally owned and operated. We pride ourselves on that and not only are we locally owned and operated, but our entire upper management team is from right here in NWO. Med1Care is dedicated to providing quality home health care to our community. When calling Med1Care you are not just another number you are part of the family. With that being said, just because we are locally owned and operated does not mean we are "mom and pop". Med1Care currently employs 475 employees throughout NWO, and services over 500 clients. Med1Care is also a proud supporter of small businesses throughout the Greater Toledo area. Med1Care provides competitive compensation package and top notch benefits.

About MED1CARE

Med1Care is a home health care, medical staffing, and training center offering STNA classes, first aide, and CPR. Med1Care is – Read more

MED1CARE Salaries