MedNet Solutions is a leading eClinical technology solutions company supporting the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. Providing innovative, yet proven web-based electronic data capture and clinical study management solutions, MedNet helps companies deploy efficient and successful clinical studies, registries and investigator initiated trials.
Key Position Responsibilities
Responsible for performing activities necessary for managing and operating the infrastructure including the data center hardware and software, and the wired and wireless networks. Also responsible for network security, monitoring and tuning system performance. Develops infrastructure standards, documentation, security, and authorization procedures necessary to support and implement the Information Systems Department’s strategic goals.
Systems & Network Administration
- Responsible for maintenance of the network infrastructure (routing and physical devices)
- Responsible for systems maintenance and configuration of all servers (Linux and Windows)
- Responsible for all Network Security (Access Control Lists, filtering) and the upkeep of firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Manage security issues such as virus and malware protection and user activities regarding this
- Provide for and maintain surveillance over all account access and user permissions (modify or revoke accounts for employees that leave or change positions)
- Conduct security / penetration testing from time-to-time to insure adequacy
- Documentation of configuration and changes to configuration (keep complete documentation on all hardware, software licenses, network configurations, etc. Document instructions for working with systems)
- Responsible for managing and maintaining High Availability Cluster Servers
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of enterprise virtualization infrastructure
- Virtualization may involve multiple vendors (VMWare, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, etc)
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of enterprise SAN infrastructure
- Brocade, Cisco, Dell Compellent, EMC, and other technologies
- Participate in the high level design of the system infrastructure
- Participate in the design and execution of the enterprise disaster recovery plan
- Disaster recovery design and periodic test of all business critical systems
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, SAN switches and other network hardware as needed.
- Install & maintain all internal systems (e-mail, contact portals, phone system, accounting software, advanced reporting, change control, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining shell scripts and system programming tools for Linux environments
- When notified of a client website design dependency on a specialized system function, e.g., upload to an ftp site, provide a validation and notification plan to confirm that the function worked properly
- Monitor all system programs/routines/scripts/cron jobs to insure they do not run for an unworkable period of time
Systems & Network Administration
- System maintenance and development of corporate network environment
- Ensure that network infrastructure is up and running (24x7x365)
- Participate in on-call rotation which includes after-hours support of critical systems.
- Communication of IT plans and changes and outages to all affected stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining data backup and DRP (RMAN, exp, mysqldump etc. etc.)
- Monitor systems for optimum performance and capacity constraints
- Project Management of internal IT projects
- Perform routine audits of systems and software
- Assist in shared helpdesk queue duties with rest of team
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BS) from four-year College or university and three to five years systems administration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Three to five years related experience and/or training working with administration of Linux or comparable UNIX operating system; three to five years related experience administering Windows servers & workstations
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Linux, or other comparable UNIX system
- Ability to write detailed technical documentation, specifications and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal stakeholders
- Experience with RHEL Cluster Management (Conga, GFS)
- SQL (Oracle/Postgresql/MySQL) knowledge
MedNet Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 8 months ago
MedNet Solutions is a premier provider of Web-based technologies designed to effectively manage clinical trials and registries. Our...