MedQuest Search Solutions, Inc., the nation's leading healthcare executive search firm is searching for a Director of Talent Acquisition for our client, a large award-winning, tertiary care academic medical center located on Long Island.
Director of Talent Acquisition - Nassau County
Develops and implements recruitment strategies including finding cost effective ways of generating high quality candidates and developing relationships with organizations and individuals to maintain a database of qualified candidates. Leads and supports organizational goals, workforce planning, participates in performance improvement efforts, and demonstrates commitment of teamwork.
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of high level recruitment experience
- Three (3) years experience in a management or leadership role required
- Previous experience working in healthcare
- Previous experience working with an applicant tracking system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment and recruitment practices
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed with a positive attitude and high energy
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task and find creative ideas and solutions
- Aligns key recruitment goals with organizational goals.
- Monitors outcomes of recruitment.
- Functions as a resource to employment staff.
- Works closely with hiring managers to identify current and future staffing needs.
- Facilities and oversees full recruitment process.
- Assists new hiring managers to become acclimated to WUH recruitment process.
- Establishes and maintains external relationships with schools, colleges, students and community related activities to achieve recruitment objectives.
- Coordinates/participates in job fairs, college career days, and WUH open houses.
- Develop relationships with schools and community based organizations.
- Develops and implements innovative and effective recruitment and retention strategies to meet organizational goals
- Oversees advertising activities and budget.
- Functions as one of the Site Administrators for Virtual Edge.
- Networks for quality candidates.
- Partners with hospital leadership to identify sourcing opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies targeted at hard to fill position(s).
- Implements and identifies opportunities for efficient and effective recruitment.
- Escalates issues which may cause a barrier for timely recruitment and offer solutions.
- Conducts job fairs and develops relationships with schools and promotes industry awareness, as appropriate
- Develops tool(s) and gathers information regarding post hire satisfaction of newly hired employees.
- Participates in overall recruitment.
- Coordinates interviewing and hiring process through screening and evaluation.
- Coordinates applicant flow from interview to hire.
- Oversees the completion of background checks/references and licensure/certification verifications.
- Works with Manager of Compensation to keep equitable compensation.
- Development and Accountability of Staff
- Holds staff accountable to outcomes based on HR metrics regarding Recruitment (i.e. time-to-fill, turnover rate, vacancy rate, etc.)
- Continues to coach, develop, and mentor recruitment staff.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures to ensure programs are in compliance to state and federal law
- Documents and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Provides ongoing review of all assigned HR employment policies.
- Identifies and participates in training for managers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains an efficient and organized paperwork file system, workspace, and department.
- Participates in other projects and assists/ supports other members of Human Resources as assigned by the HR AVP.
- Assists at HR sponsored events as assigned.
My client is an energized, fast-paced and progressive healthcare organization that represents the highest standard of patient driven care on Long Island. They are offering a solid compensation package with a competitive base salary in the six-figures, industry leading benefits and opportunity for advancement.
For questions or confidential consideration and interview, call Rushi Patel at (212) 671- 2994 x209, apply here or fax resume to (646) 964 - 6632.
Keywords: AVP Talent Acquisition, HR, AVP Human Resources, VP of HR, Vice President Recruitment, VP of Talent Acquisition, Associate VP of Talent Acquisition, Assistant VP of Talent Acquisition, Director of Talent Acquisition, Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition, Director of Recruitment & Retention, Manager of Recruitment & Retention, Director of Employment Services, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Talent Acquisition Manager, HR, HRIS, SPHR, PHR, Director of Recruitment & Staffing, Nurse Recruitment, Director of Human Resources, Director of HR, Director of Recruitment, Director of Recruitment & Retention, System Director of Recruitment, Director of HR, Nassau County, Long Island, New York, Sr. Nurse Recruiter, Nurse Recruiter, RN Recruiter, BSN, HR, Director of Recruitment & Staffing, Nurse Recruitment, Director of Human Resources, Director of HR, Director of Recruitment, Director of Recruitment & Retention, System Director of Recruitment, Director of HR, Recruit, Recruiting