Responsible for the efficient operation of administrative operations in designated ambulatory physician practices in a way that promotes great access to care while ensuring compliance with business rules and allowing for maximum reimbursement. This includes responsibility over patient access, scheduling, insurance verification, case management, knowledge of payer rules and coverage for all services provided, knowledge of ICD-9(10) and CPT coding. Works closely with AVPRCM to achieve revenue targets, charge ticket submission, accuracy and physician productivity. Position works closely with AVPRCM on enforcing compliance with charging practices and modifier rules as prescribed by payer rules and government regulations. Acts as the physician services meaningful use lead and works closely with AVPRCM and providers to achieve meaningful use for all eligible providers. Position is also responsible for the quality of patient data registration and for the timely response to requests for information from internal and external sources. Position is responsible for hiring, training and performance management of assigned administrative positions. Position oversees/assists with the implementation of new technologies and works closely with AMD on the on-boarding of new providers to ensure timely access to patient accounting system and EHR documentation system. Position will require frequent travel to ambulatory centers to meet with providers and assist with administrative training and quality assurance.
· Oversees all ongoing physician practice revenue cycle management activities.
· Establishes a presence at each of the outpatient physician clinic sites.
· Coordinates and serve as the link between the front- and back-end of the revenue cycle.
· Ensures effectiveness & efficiency of revenue cycle operations, as measured by relevant metrics.
· Drives improvements in operating efficiency.
· Communicates revenue cycle policies and practices to various stakeholders.
· Works in partnership with the managers at the clinics to enhance work flows affecting the revenue cycle process.
· Provides effective communication and feedback to physicians regarding charge capture, coding and compliance, and other matters affecting the revenue cycle process.
· Ensures meaningful use for eligible providers.
· Hires, trains, and performance manages designated staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required Master’s degree in healthcare management or business preferred. Minimum of five (5) years direct experience in physician practice management in multiple practice settings. Proven knowledge of Medical Manager and SMS Invision a plus.
None required; however, CPAT and CPAM are preferred
Valid Driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Contact Jonathan Mandina (202-877-1919) to learn more.
VISIT US ONLINE AND APPLY NOW
MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital & MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
Contact: Jonathan Mandina
102 Irving Street., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20010-2949
Web address: http://www.medstarnrh.org/careers
MedStar NRH is An Equal Opportunity Employer.