MedAssets, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Top Heavy
Patient Acount Representative (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJFebruary 2, 2016
Job Culture - Great
Upper Management - Nuclear Meltdown
Benefits - Could be better
" It's not what you know, it's who you know." applies here in this company.
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Working at MedAssets offers many perks, both business and personal, that I have never experienced before. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable, making it enjoyable to come to work everyday and see my many co-workers that I have built great relationships with. I have found all my training to be extremely efficient and beneficial, especially in regards to internal advancement. My management provided me with the right tools to be successful in my position and I am grateful to them for taking the time to train me diligently. There is no part of my job or day that I feel is the hardest. All in all, working at MedAssets has been one of the best experiences in my career.
Great Life Balance, Poor salaries
CONTRACT SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 29, 2015
I've been with Medassets for 8 years. The dress code is casual (saves on dry cleaning) and they are pretty flexible with your time, as well as having some work from home days. However, promotions seem to be given on favoritism and not merit. The insurance and pay are below average, but the PTO days are excellent.
Pros
Flexible, Casual. Good PTO Policy
Cons
Pay, benefits, advancement, raises
MedAssets Change is Coming
Sr. Product Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2016
Company culture dramatically changed with influx of new leadership from outside the company. Leadership brought in all of their friends and none of them understood how to be successful in this particular company or industry. Tons of failed plans and after 3 years now they are finally leaving and hopefully this is a sign that things might go back to normal or to some level of normal. A lot of damage was done and tons of valuable employees left due to poor management.
Pros
lax dress code
Cons
no growth, no compensation increases
MedAssets Career
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TexasAugust 8, 2015
I have worked here for 18 years. Last year my client hospital group changed GPO's so I was let go only to be rehired after one month. Now a year later, the new hospital group I am working with has decided not to renew and we were informed our positions would be over January 2016. I would like to stay in a different postion, but sometimes that's not possible. I am open to new challenges at different companies.
Pros
Home/family oriented, Workout facility, Decent benefits, Cafeteria on campus.
Cons
No covered parking
Productive and fun workplace
Vice President, Revenue Realization (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 9, 2016
MedAssets was a productive and fun place to work at. The company culture was outstanding with work-life balance, respect for the employees, and with Compassion, Character, Confidence, and Commitment as our Core Values. We practiced a Servant Leadership model by coming together as employees who set aside their own needs and wants in seeking the greatest good for others.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, free Gym, Mini Golf, ping pong, billiard, basketball, vollyball.
Nice People, Very Low Salary, Poor Benefits, Still Corporate
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 27, 2015
This is an ok place to be if you don't want to make any money, are not interested in promotions, have no children and you are never sick. The people are very friendly and most schedules are flexible, but the salaries are extremely low and the company only offers a high-deductible HSA. (Yes, this is very odd for a company that is in the medical business, but it's really all about their money.) It's almost impossible to be promoted unless your friends with the boss. So, if you just "want" to work for pennies because you're bored during the day, this might be a good place for you. If you want to earn money and advance, it's suggested you don't work here.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
low salaries, poor benefits, no advancement
High Energy
Director, Client Strategy (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJJanuary 3, 2016
MedAssets is a high energy and fast paced environment full of some of the smartest people in the healthcare industry. The education an individual receives just by being submersed in the culture is worth millions.
Pros
Education
Great!
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 5, 2016
Love everything about the company.
Great work life balance and managers.
Recently purchased by a company called Vizient.
Great work environment
Managed Care Auditor (Training) (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJAugust 6, 2015
Medassets is a great place to work. They care about their employees. The salary can be more competitive for the work that is done.
Branch Manger
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 26, 2016
Pay seems good to start out but they push you and the amount of time you give does not equal the total on your relationship. Hardest par tof job was dealing with managers and stress of keeping number up and collection # low when you are alone.
Fun and challenging
Senior Director, Purchased Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2016
Fast paced and fun environment. Working with the member hospitals is rewarding but a lot of work. Typically have two weeks of travel and one week off.
Pros
Good comp package
Cons
Heavy travel, little post merger job communication
Division silos and ineffective management at VP and Dir levels prevents successful product development and client outcomes.
Director (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2016
Great company at the beginning. This is a case of high water covering a lot of stumps. Hires of ineffective, inexperienced VP and Dir level management destroyed relationships with clients and produced such poor outcomes that reputation suffered.
Medassets
Research Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Oceanport,njApril 28, 2013
I worked for Barnabas Health care system for 3 years and they sold the Billing office to Medassets in 2010. I went from being a customer service clerk to a customer service rep to a research correspondent. I always met my performance goals and worked hard to make sure deadlines were always met. Within a year things with Medassets changed. No matter how hard you worked it wasn't good enough. They then changed our hours and capped raises so single moms like me would not only have to pay morning programs for my child but now I would have to pay the afternoon. They kept promoting the idea of career advances. I was in my department, was crossed trained and when I went to apply for a supervisor job I was old I had no leadership skills. Yet my department always came to be for answers with questions. So my great opinion of this company changed when the management started to care about their bonuses and started to stop caring about their employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJJuly 18, 2016
Being able to resolve a patient's concern
Staff is great...
The commute is taking a toll on me...
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
long commute
Decent culture but not competitive
PRINCIPLE SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 7, 2015
The culture is relatively good, and the work-life balance is great. However the salaries are not competitive, and the company has not operationally recovered well from a slew of acquisitions.The leadership changes so often, that the company lacks a solid direction. However they are very much community-oriented and encourages employees to be active in the community (which is very admirable).
Pros
Flexible work hours, charitable work globally.
Cons
Culture-confusion, little opportunity for advancement, constant operational change
MedAssets nice place to work.
Healtcare Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2016
MedAssets was a nice place to work, honest people with good work ethics. I would recommend anyone to work there. I worked standard work hours.
Great Atmosphere to work for.
Patient Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 13, 2015
Enjoyed working for a company that noticed how well you were doing and compensated us with acknowledgement and quarterly bonuses. The hardest part of the job was that you worked remotely so the one on one with management etc. was difficult.
Pros
Feeling appreciated
Cons
Being outsourced
Better Options Available
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2014
Everyone is very amicable. If you are in a position that requires extensive travel, they will coerce you into traveling long weeks. work/life balance is not great. benefits are below industry standard. non compete agreements must be signed. Management is not as sharp as competing firms.
Pros
one to one match for meals.
Cons
low hotel choices
Good pay, only good for younger people with no outside responsibilities
Senior Managed Care Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saddle River, NJAugust 26, 2013
The compensation at Medassets was good as were my relationships with my co-workers. Management was another matter entirely. Unrealistic and only concerned with the bottom line, they were not at all happy with people who wanted to do things with their lives besides work. A weird cult of personality existed as far as the CEO went as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible commute, terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedAssets, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7