MedAssets, Inc

MedAssets, Inc Employer Reviews

Good Company, Great People
Manager - Custom Development (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good people
Before the company was bought out, fun workplace, family oriented and people took pride in their work (even if pay was lower). Corporate culture took over and pay increased but morale decreased. Bigger business without proper growth in teams.
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2014
A management which gives a scope to sharpen your knowledge about all aspects of job. A very good job culture with friendly colleagues and teams. It was a good fun
Stepping stone to your next move
Managed Care Auditor (Current Employee), Saddle River, NJOctober 13, 2014
Not really what I was looking for. . . . fast paced environment if you're young, have no family and all the time in the world this is the job for you.
Will stab you in the back when given the chance
Account Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 24, 2014
This place is a good place to work when the products and software is working ( which is rare) and when it goes down, nobody knows how to fix it. They will constantly add job duties more work, more days/weekends etc because they don't have the resources in the departments that SHOULD be doing what they ask us to do for a given situation. They will not give you salary increase even though the workload increases 3 fold. They will stab you in the back when review/salary time comes but will discriminate to whomever they want and decide if they will get a bonus/salary increase which last time I checked was illegal. EEOC anyone?

The good part of the job it is very flexible and you can come and go as you please (Vacation, doctor etc) for the most part as long as you make up the time. Some of the co-workers became friends but beware who you become friends with because they wont hesitate for a minute to say they love and support you and the very next minute stab you in the back.

If you want to advance quickly in a position, DO NOT work here, they will promise there are lots of opportunities for advancement but be warned there are not. The positions that everyone has they never leave so its impossible to get those positions. I guess from the day I started I should have questioned why so many people left the company, some came back but many left and those that were my actual friends, said they couldn't be happier in their new positions at their current companies. Medassets does not have a good reputation with their 'competitors' and some refuse to interview/hire Medassets employees because what most (current employees) do is use it as a bargaining tool to increase their current salary and don't end up going to the competitor so basically they have created a blacklist for Medassets employees/former employees in the Healthcare technology industry.
Not a very friendly work enviorment
WFX Client Support Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: work enviorment
As I was being on boarded into the company all of the management staff left the company. Very Little support from New management as well as HR. Looking for a Change
Overall a good company to work for
Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2014
Good family-work life balance.
Pleasant environment.
People tend to move around project to project.
Better Options Available
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 27, 2014
Pros: one to one match for meals.
Cons: low hotel choices
Everyone is very amicable. If you are in a position that requires extensive travel, they will coerce you into traveling long weeks. work/life balance is not great. benefits are below industry standard. non compete agreements must be signed. Management is not as sharp as competing firms.
Cool and friend;y work environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2014
I really enjoyed working here...I made many friends that I am still in contact with today...Management was laid back and friendly...
Productive, fun work enviroment.
A/R Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Nashville/TNAugust 4, 2014
I have learned a lot of valuable information while working for this company.
Stay Away From This Place!
director-level (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: a few good people, mostly broadlane left-overs.
Cons: the ceo and other assorted backstabbers.
Horrible place to work. They don't have your back--will throw you to the wolves (or under the bus; whichever you prefer). The CEO says he is pro-military. Don't believe that for a second, he has no such inclination. I had worked for Broadlane before Med Assets bought us. They ruined it. Just remember, on the surface, things look good, but just wait till you get there. You WILL be sorry.
DO NOT APPLY
Skilled Patient Account Rep (Former Employee), Nashville TennesseeJune 1, 2014
Pros: oppotunity outside nshville tennessee office
Cons: poor leadership, inconsisteny in what they say and do, micro managing, leadership lack basic knowledge of their supposed to be skill, superviosr to busy starting issues and instead of solving issues. i could go on.
Let me start off by saying Medasset's is a good company, It's their NASHVILLE TENNESSEE OFFICE THAT IS HORRIBLE.I have over 26 years of experience in Healthcare and I have never worked for a office as horrible as this one. The leadership is not knowledgeable of the Revenue Cycle (Nashville Office). The company's expertise is"Hospital Technology and Spend Management."They are attempting to manage Revenue by soliciting their technology. There is no direction or consistency in anything that leadership does. The motto is Work hard , Play hard. I was yet to experience the play hard. The leadership speak of Servant Leadership, but that is a joke. There is a supervisor in the Nashville office that has caused more drama and good people to leave, however she is still there. The place is a moral killer, micro managing is the atmosphere for the place, there is adult timeout and isolation if leadership decides that you have a voice( that is a big no-no). So with that being said if you can deal with: Liars, Career Killers, Micro Managing, Inconsistency, No Compassion, Poor Training and all of the other career stagnant adjectives then MEDASSETT's NASHVILLE OFFICE IS THE PLACE TO APPLY. IF you choose to ignore this and apply(I am not angry just disappointed because of what the company it's self has to offer in other areas of the Healthcare field in it's other locations) please post your experience good or bad.
Lack of Innovation
ScrumMaster / Lead Developer (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 21, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: lack of innovation, no initiative
Company is afraid of innovation, almost feels like working for the government.
Entertaining Place to Work
Program Manager Implementation Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work / life balance environment.
Cons: standing in our own way of success.
Employees generally care about the work that is being done, clients that we support, and relationships that are made.
still a "young" company. has potential for growth
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: nice office, nice people
Cons: low pay, low benefits, no bonuses, no training, no advancement
The company is still trying to organize and coordinate from acquisitions. Management changes constantly.
Fun Workplace
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 13, 2014
Good place to work. Fun atmosphere. Always enjoy going to work. Casual atmosphere.
It was a terrible place to work
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 4, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: no sense of direction
They lie a lot. I had a functioning alcoholic for a manager. They really don't care about their employees. They do watch like you are a kid. I didn't like my co-workers back stabbers. The benefits were terrible. Everyone is out for themselves. When I got there I didn't have a computer for the 3 weeks I was there but when they hired in 2 other people they got a computer immediately. They lied in order to get me to work there in the first place. I wouldn't work there again for nothing. Never!
OK Place to Work
Senior Negotiator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 18, 2014
This is an OK place to work if you don't mind being micro-managed and feeling like you are always being watched (you are!) Its a little like kindergarten, but that is ok with some people! The way they conduct business was against my personal principles...lying, fudging, stretching the limits of truth and lawfulness.
Great Company Culture and Leadership
Technical Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaMarch 3, 2014
Overall great experience working for MedAssets. Dedicated to philanthropy.
A company with no employee commitment
Catalog Analyst (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 9, 2014
Company has no employee commitment, maintains an environment of silos of information. This is not a pleasant place to work.
Our goal to this company is to solve as many Clinical Claim Appeal Status to its final solution.
Follow Up Medical Rep (Current Employee), NJDecember 19, 2013
Calling insurance companies and finding out where they are in the Appeal Process
Follow-up on all claims from billing through final resolution
Follow-up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc
Review Insurance EOBs and initiate appeals as necessary
Act cooperatively and responsibly with patients, visitors, co-workers, management, and clients
Maintain a professional attitude
Maintain confidentiality at all times

1 2 3

About MedAssets, Inc

MedAssets is at the center of improving the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare industry. From establishing best practice – Read more