MedAssets, Inc Employee Reviews

medical knowledgable
SR Medical/Medicare Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 26, 2016
The company is professional and challenging my position allows me to utilize my experience in medical insurance billing, collections and customer service.
nice place to work
PATIENT ACCOUNT REP (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJSeptember 25, 2016
nice place to work would recommend. Quiet atmosphere, friendly coworkers, and all around serene place to call your home away from home. You can listen to your music and more
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
raises
Nice co-workers, consistent work flow
Buyer, Procurement & Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Management is bad nor professional. Alot of favoritism. No good raises. Training is not professional. Promotion is based off again favoritism and alot of discrimination.
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay and Culture is bad.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJJuly 18, 2016
Being able to resolve a patient's concern
Staff is great...
The commute is taking a toll on me...
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
long commute
MedAssets Change is Coming
Sr. Product Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2016
Company culture dramatically changed with influx of new leadership from outside the company. Leadership brought in all of their friends and none of them understood how to be successful in this particular company or industry. Tons of failed plans and after 3 years now they are finally leaving and hopefully this is a sign that things might go back to normal or to some level of normal. A lot of damage was done and tons of valuable employees left due to poor management.
Pros
lax dress code
Cons
no growth, no compensation increases
Productive and fun workplace
Vice President, Revenue Realization (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 9, 2016
MedAssets was a productive and fun place to work at. The company culture was outstanding with work-life balance, respect for the employees, and with Compassion, Character, Confidence, and Commitment as our Core Values. We practiced a Servant Leadership model by coming together as employees who set aside their own needs and wants in seeking the greatest good for others.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, free Gym, Mini Golf, ping pong, billiard, basketball, vollyball.
Branch Manger
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 26, 2016
Pay seems good to start out but they push you and the amount of time you give does not equal the total on your relationship. Hardest par tof job was dealing with managers and stress of keeping number up and collection # low when you are alone.
Fun and challenging
Senior Director, Purchased Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2016
Fast paced and fun environment. Working with the member hospitals is rewarding but a lot of work. Typically have two weeks of travel and one week off.
Pros
Good comp package
Cons
Heavy travel, little post merger job communication
MedAssets nice place to work.
Healtcare Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2016
MedAssets was a nice place to work, honest people with good work ethics. I would recommend anyone to work there. I worked standard work hours.
Great!
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 5, 2016
Love everything about the company.
Great work life balance and managers.
Recently purchased by a company called Vizient.
Work Place is good
Sal Developer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 22, 2016
I worked in day time.I improve my skill in this environment.Most important part is their work is data related i enjoyed a lot.
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Working at MedAssets offers many perks, both business and personal, that I have never experienced before. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable, making it enjoyable to come to work everyday and see my many co-workers that I have built great relationships with. I have found all my training to be extremely efficient and beneficial, especially in regards to internal advancement. My management provided me with the right tools to be successful in my position and I am grateful to them for taking the time to train me diligently. There is no part of my job or day that I feel is the hardest. All in all, working at MedAssets has been one of the best experiences in my career.
Top Heavy
Patient Acount Representative (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJFebruary 2, 2016
Job Culture - Great
Upper Management - Nuclear Meltdown
Benefits - Could be better
" It's not what you know, it's who you know." applies here in this company.
Great Place
ARS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Good environment to work. Fast growing company. Pay could be better. Dedicated workers and a enjoyable place to work. learned a lot and was able to bring my experience to the table.
Division silos and ineffective management at VP and Dir levels prevents successful product development and client outcomes.
Director (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2016
Great company at the beginning. This is a case of high water covering a lot of stumps. Hires of ineffective, inexperienced VP and Dir level management destroyed relationships with clients and produced such poor outcomes that reputation suffered.
Amazing Culture
Sutter Health - Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Great company to work for - amazing people and fantastic mentors. Extremely face paced. 50+ hours/week. Leadership is very helpful and willing to listen.
High Energy
Director, Client Strategy (Current Employee) –  Saddle River, NJJanuary 3, 2016
MedAssets is a high energy and fast paced environment full of some of the smartest people in the healthcare industry. The education an individual receives just by being submersed in the culture is worth millions.
Pros
Education
Cons
Great Atmosphere to work for.
Patient Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 13, 2015
Enjoyed working for a company that noticed how well you were doing and compensated us with acknowledgement and quarterly bonuses. The hardest part of the job was that you worked remotely so the one on one with management etc. was difficult.
Pros
Feeling appreciated
Cons
Being outsourced
Leading Edge Company
Director, Materials Management (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 25, 2015
This is a GPO and the best in class.
Wonderful upper management, work environment and education support.
Great company to work for. I will miss them all.
Fun place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 29, 2015
MedAssets is a great place to work! We have a lot of fun. Christmas Parties are the BEST. Our former CEO is truly AWESOME! Unfortunate he recently resigned and the atmosphere is not the same.
Pros
Free lunches and the BEST Christmas Parties
Cons
Too many meetings

2.8