MedAssurant Employee Reviews in United States

Ability to train my self and meet interesting people
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 9, 2016
Pros:
Ability to train my self and meet interesting people
Although compensation was less than average, I was able to pay my bill with it

Cons:
Poor management style- management drove employees away
Poor compensation
long commute
Productive workplace with plenty of background education and education to stay up to date on coding.
Remote Data Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 4, 2016
I loved this job, but I was not certified and really needed to be, I got by but felt like I needed that certification. I am scheduled for that certification in medical coding in June 2016.
Pros
Free education and I could call anyone with questions and they would be answered.
Great Place to Work
SitSite Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home and area of my homeNovember 12, 2015
The job was great to work at and definite what your job was. It was great to work at home and also to work near home. I really enjoyed learning and reading different ways the charts were charted on about the patients.
An Average Work Day
Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing MIOctober 21, 2014
We would come into work receive our work assignment via email. Which we work many different jobs in operations so we could be cleaning the sites to have them ready for when it is time to send our record requests. We could be calling the sites to send the request or following up after sending the request. So throughout the day we would continuously be making phone calls to obtain information or to send requests.
Pros
great group of people to work with
Cons
repetive work
productive and fun work place, able to play piano during lunch
Medical Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 15, 2015
Days are mostly focused oriented to completing an average of 40 charts review.A successful day is being able to review as many charts with no errors.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
job was not suitable for my health/
Think twice before considering this place
IT-related (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 17, 2013
One can learn about business both from good and bad examples. However, life is short. Does it really make sense wasting your time
while learning exclusively from very bad business procedures? You could be promoted and given a hefty cash bonus one day. You might be prized for a top-notch performance. The very next day, while slightly crossing path with a low-level manager in attempt to honestly try to get the job done in the most efficient way you will be given a one-day-notice pink slip and fired for a bad performance.
Pros
smart & nice people are out there, somewhere. however, the layers upon the layers of management stifle any good spirit and initiative.
Cons
horrible management.
The money was excellent! I learned alot about coding . I met alot of nice people.
LPN (chart reviewer and coder) (Former Employee) –  Nassau County areaMarch 6, 2012
I worked for Medassurant for three and one half years. It was a good experience. I met alot of interesting people. The company is based in Maryland. I never met my superiors but talked on the phone often. They were very friendly and helpful. Ths salary was excellent. At times there was no work at all which made it hard to budget. I liked being on my own traveling to different sites in my area.
Pros
the company paid for mileage, salary was excellent, meeting new and interesting people
Cons
no health insurance, slow periods up to 6 weeks without work
I loved my job, the people I worked with, the company and its integrity.
Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2012
my job was busy because we had to be responsible for our own reviewers, and we had a scheduling qouta.
I learned something new everyday.
Management wasno problem as long as we worked.
some co-workers became great friends and some you kept a good working relationship with.
Dealing with nasty people on the phone.
Going to work every morning and being part of a great team AND of course, the pay check.
Pros
we we treated very well in our office with free lunches from time to time.
Cons
travelling home in the snow on the busy highways
Working as a data collector is for people that only needed extra money due to it's an on call job.
Medical Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 5, 2013
As a data collector is a very easy no brainer duties. If you are familiar with medical records and billing. You will know the data to collect. I love it, I am able to travel and meet different people, different office settings, and organizations, as well as able to act professional. But if you are looking for a good stable monthly or biweekly income, this job is not a good source. You work if there's a project for you.
Pros
you are able to finish the job quickly and go home.
Cons
not a good source for income.
Overall a good company, fun job
Field Nurse Reviewer (Per Diem) (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 11, 2012
Travel to various medical facilities to review medical records and obtain information needed for various projects.

Ability to travel, and long distances is a must for this job as the facilities visited are varied in location.

One is required to be available to work full-time hours, however,
work load varies on assignments and can be sporadic between projects.

Training is made available for each project and as needed via teleconferencing, or in class for those in the main HQ area. Training staff is very helpful, encouraging and knowledgable.

Easy access to staff and Coordinators any time.
Pros
travel, independent work, ability to pick assisgnments
Cons
lack of steady work per regional assignments
IT department
Data anayet (Current Employee) –  Bowie mdJuly 27, 2012
If you want to work on a small project for 5 years knowing in advance no one will be using your application - then you are in a good pace. This company shines from outside but is hollow inside. Most IT folks work on dummy project. Most clients get impressed when they walk thru the offices floors.
little they know what actually they are doing.

All the DC area rejected programmers call this company home...

Company makes money by making up false data about advantage plan members. They increase there risks enabling them to claim huge $$$$ from CMS. They are milking the Medicare.

The directors and super directors fudge the numbers and so bring in revenue .. Most programmers/developers work on project that gets trashed after few months.
Pros
easy to get job. good salary
Cons
almost no real it work
Independent work life
Field- BaseNurse Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at MedAssurant is great... You would go in to a Hospital or Clinic and abstract pertinent information per the companies request. You would also get to travel to different cities as well as States. This company puts so much trust into their employees by allowing them to work totally independent. GREAT, company hands down!!!
Pros
independence, travel
Terrible place to work.
Coding Data Review Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 20, 2013
Terrible place to work . "Big Brother" is always watching you. They monitor how many times a day you go to the bathroom, how many breaks you take, and how often you talk to other people working around you. When they notice that you are talking and going to lunch with people around you they change your where you work.
Cons
read my review
Traveling on a daily basis from different hospitals
Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 18, 2014
Working at MedAssurant was an interesting company to work for. I never met management in person since the head quarters were located in Bowie Maryland. We worked through conference calls. Working at the different hospitals were enjoyable.
Pros
the experience in the hospitals
Cons
seasonal employment
Great work life balance
Lead Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 14, 2014
During the time I worked for medassurant i became pregnant with my first child. Medassurant was always understanding of my new schedule with doctors appointments and such. Once i began to get bigger and i slowed down they made accommodations for me. Medassurant was a big help during my pregnancy.
Interesting and challenging position.
RN - Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MA (now in Tamarac, Florida)March 17, 2012
I found the job to be interesting requiring and utilizing a variety of skills.
The training,oral and materials provided,was excellent. Both were clear and concise. In-house personnel were always available for any unforseen problems.
Pros
flexibility of hours scheduled
Cons
i did not encounter any
great experience in coding , and medical record
Medical assistant (site data collector) (Former Employee) –  MDAugust 4, 2012
All day were typical because each time I had to go to different site, meet new people work with a millions chart and millions names It's really hard but because I'm organized and detailed oriented I success my job and in short period of time.
Pros
paid mileage, and travel hours
Excellent place to work
Field Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 19, 2012
Pay great, loved the freedom of working from home and choosing my own hrs, pay was always on time and there when I needed it including right before holidays; not after when pay fell near or on holiday. People were great to talk to, training was easy to understand, would definitely work for this company again if offered.
Flexable job
Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  bowie, mdFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day would start on the road going to different office settings and organizations. At each location I would process and scan medical data records into a data base. It would consists of 2 or 4 hours two or three times a day.
Pros
seasonal, no weekends, flexiable schedule
Cons
used own car, no benifits
Worst place to work
ad (Former Employee) –  bowie mdJuly 23, 2012
This company is all about profits and new client. When you are running a successfully company you have to focus on new revenue and innovation ideas, i get that. The work culture is different for every department some can work from home and some cant, half of the company has a more relaxing day vs others they ask you to work 50-55 hr work week. When ask for a raise they laugh at you..and say we shall see at the end of the year and NO BONUS..
When you get hired make sure you demand for more money or take your chances somewhere else. So many places are moving towards people first than money. The working culture has to improve ASAP. Last, ill leave you with a thought this company has new hire orientation every week and they hire 10-15 employees every week b/c more and more people are leaving...
They also ask you to work 55hr work week on your first day and only pay you for 40hr. NO OT . IS that even LEGAL?????
Pros
nothing
Cons
expensive benefits, long hr less pay...

2.7