MedAssurant

MedAssurant United States Employee Reviews

Good Culture
SQL DBA (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Nice place to work, I have learned a great lot over the years and hope to learn many more. The company seems to have a good future and is constantly growing. I started at the company in Operations now I am in Infrastructure Engineer. Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon’s unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action®. Large proprietary datasets, advanced integration technologies, sophisticated predictive analytics, and deep subject matter expertise deliver a seamless, end-to-end platform of technology and nationwide operations that bring the benefits of big data and large-scale analytics to the point of care. Driven by data, Inovalon uniquely identifies gaps in care, quality, data integrity, and financial performance – while also bringing to bear the unique capabilities to resolve them. Supporting hundreds of healthcare organizations in 98% of U.S. counties and Puerto Rico, Inovalon’s analytical and data-driven intervention platforms are informed by data pertaining to more than 744,000 physicians, 244,000 clinical facilities, and more than 118 million Americans providing a powerful solution suite that drives high-value impact, improving quality and economics for health plans, ACOs, hospitals, physicians, patients, and researchers
very good place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Bowie, MDOctober 30, 2014
Allows a chance to work on your own. Not for those needing constant supervision
An Average Work Day
Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Lansing MIOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great group of people to work with
Cons: repetive work
We would come into work receive our work assignment via email. Which we work many different jobs in operations so we could be cleaning the sites to have them ready for when it is time to send our record requests. We could be calling the sites to send the request or following up after sending the request. So throughout the day we would continuously be making phone calls to obtain information or to send requests.
Nice setting for an independant worker
Site Review Consultant (Former Employee), Lansing MichiganJuly 18, 2014
Pros: easy to schedule ahead for personal things.
Cons: a bit repetitive at times
I enjoyed the independance. Did miss a work culture. The job was a bit repetitive at times.
Great work life balance
Lead Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 14, 2014
During the time I worked for medassurant i became pregnant with my first child. Medassurant was always understanding of my new schedule with doctors appointments and such. Once i began to get bigger and i slowed down they made accommodations for me. Medassurant was a big help during my pregnancy.
Independent work life
Field- BaseNurse Chart Reviewer (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 23, 2014
Pros: independence, travel
A typical day at MedAssurant is great... You would go in to a Hospital or Clinic and abstract pertinent information per the companies request. You would also get to travel to different cities as well as States. This company puts so much trust into their employees by allowing them to work totally independent. GREAT, company hands down!!!
Traveling on a daily basis from different hospitals
Site Data Collector (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the experience in the hospitals
Cons: seasonal employment
Working at MedAssurant was an interesting company to work for. I never met management in person since the head quarters were located in Bowie Maryland. We worked through conference calls. Working at the different hospitals were enjoyable.
Flexable job
Site Data Collector (Former Employee), bowie, mdFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: seasonal, no weekends, flexiable schedule
Cons: used own car, no benifits
A typical day would start on the road going to different office settings and organizations. At each location I would process and scan medical data records into a data base. It would consists of 2 or 4 hours two or three times a day.
learning experience
Administrative/Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 5, 2014
fun team some were unprofessional but fun. there was a lot of rm for growth
Very busy organization
Administrative Clerk/ Medical Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great advancement
Cons: don't have any
Very very busy place when I was there. But the job got done!!!!
Terrible place to work.
Coding Data Review Collector (Former Employee), Bowie, MDNovember 20, 2013
Cons: read my review
Terrible place to work . "Big Brother" is always watching you. They monitor how many times a day you go to the bathroom, how many breaks you take, and how often you talk to other people working around you. When they notice that you are talking and going to lunch with people around you they change your where you work.
Great job to learn about ICD 9 codes and Medicare Supplemental programs
Field-Based Nurse Chart Reviewer (Former Employee), Multiple sitesOctober 10, 2013
I was an as needed employee. It was a job to learn about ICD 9 codes and Medicare Supplemental programs. Their education for job training was awesome.
Poor
Medical Records Review Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 5, 2013
Pros: working on my own
Cons: personal cost, donation on time without compensation.
Auditing data at various medical facilities for insurance companies.
CODED MEDICARE RISK ADJUSTMENT CHARTS
REMOTE HCC CODER (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 28, 2013
Pros: plenty of training
Cons: non flexible schedule
LOVED WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY BUT WAS LAID OFF WHEN THEY LOST MAJOR CLIENT
Layed off after 7 years
Medical Onsite and Remote Reviewer (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJune 19, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: not consistent work
Pretty unorganized and going thru transitions. was nice while it lasted.
good entry level position
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Bouie MarylandJune 5, 2013
Pros: wonderful pay
Cons: per diem work
road warrior postion! good pay no benefits. more less of college students or parttimers
Company was flexible
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work was a full 8 hours or more calling clients requesting medical records, working in the mail room and processing and scanning medical records into a data base.
Think twice before considering this place
IT-related (Former Employee), Bowie, MDApril 17, 2013
Pros: smart & nice people are out there, somewhere. however, the layers upon the layers of management stifle any good spirit and initiative.
Cons: horrible management.
One can learn about business both from good and bad examples. However, life is short. Does it really make sense wasting your time
while learning exclusively from very bad business procedures? You could be promoted and given a hefty cash bonus one day. You might be prized for a top-notch performance. The very next day, while slightly crossing path with a low-level manager in attempt to honestly try to get the job done in the most efficient way you will be given a one-day-notice pink slip and fired for a bad performance.
Working as a data collector is for people that only needed extra money due to it's an on call job.
Medical Data Collector (Former Employee), Bowie, MDFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: you are able to finish the job quickly and go home.
Cons: not a good source for income.
As a data collector is a very easy no brainer duties. If you are familiar with medical records and billing. You will know the data to collect. I love it, I am able to travel and meet different people, different office settings, and organizations, as well as able to act professional. But if you are looking for a good stable monthly or biweekly income, this job is not a good source. You work if there's a project for you.
Great company to work for!
CI Site Data Collector (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2012
Pros: the pay
Cons: getting laid off
I loved all the offices I visited for my chart reviews. The staff was always compassionate and treated me as if I were one of their employees.

1 2 3