MedAssurant Employee Reviews

Flexable job
Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  bowie, mdFebruary 7, 2014
A typical day would start on the road going to different office settings and organizations. At each location I would process and scan medical data records into a data base. It would consists of 2 or 4 hours two or three times a day.
Pros
seasonal, no weekends, flexiable schedule
Cons
used own car, no benifits
learning experience
Administrative/Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 5, 2014
fun team some were unprofessional but fun. there was a lot of rm for growth
Very busy organization
Administrative Clerk/ Medical Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 3, 2014
Very very busy place when I was there. But the job got done!!!!
Pros
Great advancement
Cons
don't have any
Terrible place to work.
Coding Data Review Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 20, 2013
Terrible place to work . "Big Brother" is always watching you. They monitor how many times a day you go to the bathroom, how many breaks you take, and how often you talk to other people working around you. When they notice that you are talking and going to lunch with people around you they change your where you work.
Pros
Cons
read my review
Great job to learn about ICD 9 codes and Medicare Supplemental programs
Field-Based Nurse Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Multiple sitesOctober 10, 2013
I was an as needed employee. It was a job to learn about ICD 9 codes and Medicare Supplemental programs. Their education for job training was awesome.
Poor
Medical Records Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 5, 2013
Auditing data at various medical facilities for insurance companies.
Pros
working on my own
Cons
Personal cost, donation on time without compensation.
Coded medicare risk adjustment charts
REMOTE HCC CODER (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 28, 2013
Loved working with this company but was laid off when they lost major client
Pros
Plenty of training
Cons
Non flexible schedule
Layed off after 7 years
Medical Onsite and Remote Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 19, 2013
Pretty unorganized and going thru transitions. was nice while it lasted.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not consistent work
good entry level position
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bouie MarylandJune 5, 2013
road warrior postion! good pay no benefits. more less of college students or parttimers
Pros
wonderful pay
Cons
per diem work
Company was flexible
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 29, 2013
A typical day at work was a full 8 hours or more calling clients requesting medical records, working in the mail room and processing and scanning medical records into a data base.
Think twice before considering this place
IT-related (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 17, 2013
One can learn about business both from good and bad examples. However, life is short. Does it really make sense wasting your time
while learning exclusively from very bad business procedures? You could be promoted and given a hefty cash bonus one day. You might be prized for a top-notch performance. The very next day, while slightly crossing path with a low-level manager in attempt to honestly try to get the job done in the most efficient way you will be given a one-day-notice pink slip and fired for a bad performance.
Pros
smart & nice people are out there, somewhere. however, the layers upon the layers of management stifle any good spirit and initiative.
Cons
horrible management.
Working as a data collector is for people that only needed extra money due to it's an on call job.
Medical Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 5, 2013
As a data collector is a very easy no brainer duties. If you are familiar with medical records and billing. You will know the data to collect. I love it, I am able to travel and meet different people, different office settings, and organizations, as well as able to act professional. But if you are looking for a good stable monthly or biweekly income, this job is not a good source. You work if there's a project for you.
Pros
you are able to finish the job quickly and go home.
Cons
not a good source for income.
Great company to work for!
CI Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2012
I loved all the offices I visited for my chart reviews. The staff was always compassionate and treated me as if I were one of their employees.
Pros
the pay
Cons
getting laid off
Excellent place to work
Field Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 19, 2012
Pay great, loved the freedom of working from home and choosing my own hrs, pay was always on time and there when I needed it including right before holidays; not after when pay fell near or on holiday. People were great to talk to, training was easy to understand, would definitely work for this company again if offered.
Great flexability
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 19, 2012
Good pay and very flexible. Just not consistent work. Hours based on work available for chart reviews.
Pros
flexible and competitive pay
Cons
not consistent work
productive work environment
Invoice Process Coordinator (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 18, 2012
good environment
management could be better
great advancement opportunities
It is challenging with Productivity and accuracy requirements but overall enjoy what I due.
Remote Coding Review Consultant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis MarylandAugust 29, 2012
Perform quality control over-reads of previously completed record for the Quality Department to ensure accuracy, completeness and overall high quality of MedAssurant's record review processes including; a. Electronically downloading completed , pre-filled record reviews to assigned computer system and DCT. b. Comparing pre-filled record review results contained in DCT application to the scanned support documentation resident within Med Assurant's Site Review Support Application (SRSA). Correct the original, pre-filled review as necessary and note any discrepancies found; and c. Correct the original, pre-filled review as necessary and note any discrepancies found; and d. Uploading completed quality control over-read reviews to MedAssurant's centralized server system via the Internet, intranet and associated web portal. d. Maintain ongoing communication (verbal, e-mail, updates and stats) with supervising coordinator regarding issues/nuances that arise during review processes. Other duties include; Record all time worked performing record reviews and over-read reviews;. Maintain compliance with MedAssurant's policies, procedures and mission statement. Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within MedAssurant's Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no benefits, sick, vacation, holiday, medical
Good company
Site Review Consultant/RN (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 12, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company but the work was not steady at all. Had to find full time employment
I loved my job, the people I worked with, the company and its integrity.
Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2012
my job was busy because we had to be responsible for our own reviewers, and we had a scheduling qouta.
I learned something new everyday.
Management wasno problem as long as we worked.
some co-workers became great friends and some you kept a good working relationship with.
Dealing with nasty people on the phone.
Going to work every morning and being part of a great team AND of course, the pay check.
Pros
we we treated very well in our office with free lunches from time to time.
Cons
travelling home in the snow on the busy highways
great experience in coding , and medical record
Medical assistant (site data collector) (Former Employee) –  MDAugust 4, 2012
All day were typical because each time I had to go to different site, meet new people work with a millions chart and millions names It's really hard but because I'm organized and detailed oriented I success my job and in short period of time.
Pros
paid mileage, and travel hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedAssurant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7