MedAssurant

MedAssurant Employer Reviews

productive work environment
Invoice Process Coordinator (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDSeptember 18, 2012
good environment
management could be better
great advancement opportunities
It is challenging with Productivity and accuracy requirements but overall enjoy what I due.
Remote Coding Review Consultant (Current Employee), Annapolis MarylandAugust 29, 2012
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: no benefits, sick, vacation, holiday, medical
Perform quality control over-reads of previously completed record for the Quality Department to ensure accuracy, completeness and overall high quality of MedAssurant's record review processes including; a. Electronically downloading completed , pre-filled record reviews to assigned computer system and DCT. b. Comparing pre-filled record review results – more... contained in DCT application to the scanned support documentation resident within Med Assurant's Site Review Support Application (SRSA). Correct the original, pre-filled review as necessary and note any discrepancies found; and c. Correct the original, pre-filled review as necessary and note any discrepancies found; and d. Uploading completed quality control over-read reviews to MedAssurant's centralized server system via the Internet, intranet and associated web portal. d. Maintain ongoing communication (verbal, e-mail, updates and stats) with supervising coordinator regarding issues/nuances that arise during review processes. Other duties include; Record all time worked performing record reviews and over-read reviews;. Maintain compliance with MedAssurant's policies, procedures and mission statement. Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within MedAssurant's Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position. – less

November 26, 2012

Hi. I recently applied for this position in Columbia. Are there really no benefits??? Disappointing. Can you describe your work day schedule with at home fexability. Any other need to know info I may find helpful? Thanks!

Good company
Site Review Consultant/RN (Former Employee), Bowie, MDAugust 12, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company but the work was not steady at all. Had to find full time employment
I loved my job, the people I worked with, the company and its integrity.
Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2012
Pros: we we treated very well in our office with free lunches from time to time.
Cons: travelling home in the snow on the busy highways
my job was busy because we had to be responsible for our own reviewers, and we had a scheduling qouta.
I learned something new everyday.
Management wasno problem as long as we worked.
some co-workers became great friends and some you kept a good working relationship with.
Dealing with nasty people on the phone.
Going to work every morning and being – more... part of a great team AND of course, the pay check. – less
great experience in coding , and medical record
Medical assistant (site data collector) (Former Employee), MDAugust 4, 2012
Pros: paid mileage, and travel hours
All day were typical because each time I had to go to different site, meet new people work with a millions chart and millions names It's really hard but because I'm organized and detailed oriented I success my job and in short period of time.
Work in the Medical Field without having all the qualifications
Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 31, 2012
Company is great, not much overtime but you get paid enough to survive. Weekends and some corporate events, make it ok.
IT department
Data anayet (Current Employee), Bowie mdJuly 27, 2012
Pros: easy to get job. good salary
Cons: almost no real it work
If you want to work on a small project for 5 years knowing in advance no one will be using your application - then you are in a good pace. This company shines from outside but is hollow inside. Most IT folks work on dummy project. Most clients get impressed when they walk thru the offices floors.
little they know what actually they are doing.

All the – more... DC area rejected programmers call this company home...

Company makes money by making up false data about advantage plan members. They increase there risks enabling them to claim huge $$$$ from CMS. They are milking the Medicare.

The directors and super directors fudge the numbers and so bring in revenue .. Most programmers/developers work on project that gets trashed after few months. – less
Worst place to work
ad (Former Employee), bowie mdJuly 23, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: expensive benefits, long hr less pay...
This company is all about profits and new client. When you are running a successfully company you have to focus on new revenue and innovation ideas, i get that. The work culture is different for every department some can work from home and some cant, half of the company has a more relaxing day vs others they ask you to work 50-55 hr work week. When – more... ask for a raise they laugh at you..and say we shall see at the end of the year and NO BONUS..
When you get hired make sure you demand for more money or take your chances somewhere else. So many places are moving towards people first than money. The working culture has to improve ASAP. Last, ill leave you with a thought this company has new hire orientation every week and they hire 10-15 employees every week b/c more and more people are leaving...
They also ask you to work 55hr work week on your first day and only pay you for 40hr. NO OT . IS that even LEGAL????? – less

October 9, 2012

This is very accurate. There were many occasions that I worked more than 40 hours a week at the Bowie office and I never received more than an hour and a half of OT pay on my check, although I worked at least 4 hours OT in a pay period. I was a non-exempt employee so they were definitely committing fraud. The work environment is highly toxic and tends to be extremely cliquish. Unfortunately, supervisors tend to participate in the cliques. I guess they adhere to the mentality that "if you can't beat them, you might as well join them"..."them" being the unprofessional, immature subordinates. The turnover rate speaks volumes and this is also evident in the fact that they DO facilitate new associate orientation every Monday. Most people resign due to low pay or the work environment. The only way to survive that place is to sleep your way to the top like many Inovalon employees do, or to cozy up to your supervisor to gain immunity. It's all a game there. If people only knew.

Very Nice
Site Data Collector (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 15, 2012
Great place to work, nice and available supervisors, communication is improving
Flexible working hours
Per diem RN (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 5, 2012
Pros: hours, orientation
Cons: not permanent
Part time employment utilizing computer to document chart reviews. Flexibility in assignments. 98% of work was by self with limited communication with anyone in office. Need to be self motivated and have knowledge of doctor's charts and ICD coding.
Would not do it again
chart reviewer (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 2, 2012
Pros: work from home
Cons: not enough pay unless an rn
Lack of work, not paid for all your time, off the clock while waiting on IT or supervisor to call you, One week training what takes 16 weeks to learn.
Extremely structured and monitored
Clinical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 5, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: big brother world very limited breaks and lunches
Very repetitve position using a dictated open ended question
over all great company
Remote data review consultant (Current Employee), homeApril 13, 2012
Pros: working at home
Cons: no benefits and pay is less than other companies
worked from home on computer. very educational company learning all the time. most co-workers great
Overall a good company, fun job
Field Nurse Reviewer (Per Diem) (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDApril 11, 2012
Pros: travel, independent work, ability to pick assisgnments
Cons: lack of steady work per regional assignments
Travel to various medical facilities to review medical records and obtain information needed for various projects.

Ability to travel, and long distances is a must for this job as the facilities visited are varied in location.

One is required to be available to work full-time hours, however,
work load varies on assignments and can be sporadic between – more... projects.

Training is made available for each project and as needed via teleconferencing, or in class for those in the main HQ area. Training staff is very helpful, encouraging and knowledgable.

Easy access to staff and Coordinators any time. – less
Horrible place to work.
QA and Claims Integrity (Former Employee), Bowie, MDApril 10, 2012
Pros: work from home
Cons: poor pay. no flexibility.
They do not care about their employees and are totally non-flexible as well as paying poorly.
interesting work
LPN field and remote reviewer (Former Employee), MDApril 3, 2012
Pros: enjoyed working from home
Cons: difficult to contact help if you needed assistance
Productive workplace.Communication was somewhat difficult.
I don't know what to say
Medical Data Collector (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: seasonal employment
I don't like to talk about people. I think the main points are that the pay is good but its seasonal employment. If you can handle that, look them up.
Data Analyst - Medassurant
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 28, 2012
This place was awful, Managment was completly out of sync with the employee's, Quick to anger, terrible at most anything technical. I would not recommend. Things may have changed since I've been there, but after about 6 months, I decided to quickly hop ship.
Interesting and challenging position.
RN - Field Representative (Current Employee), Fall River, MA (now in Tamarac, Florida)March 17, 2012
Pros: flexibility of hours scheduled
Cons: i did not encounter any
I found the job to be interesting requiring and utilizing a variety of skills.
The training,oral and materials provided,was excellent. Both were clear and concise. In-house personnel were always available for any unforseen problems.
The money was excellent! I learned alot about coding . I met alot of nice people.
LPN (chart reviewer and coder) (Former Employee), Nassau County areaMarch 6, 2012
Pros: the company paid for mileage, salary was excellent, meeting new and interesting people
Cons: no health insurance, slow periods up to 6 weeks without work
I worked for Medassurant for three and one half years. It was a good experience. I met alot of interesting people. The company is based in Maryland. I never met my superiors but talked on the phone often. They were very friendly and helpful. Ths salary was excellent. At times there was no work at all which made it hard to budget. I liked being on my – more... own traveling to different sites in my area. – less