MedCentral Health System Employee Reviews

Pct
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 10, 2017
I learned so much while working here! The staff that I had a chance to become a part of was amazing! I would absolutely recommend working for this hospital.
I loved working here but ultimately the commute got too long.
Speech-Language Pathologist, Full time (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 10, 2017
Great little hospital with an excellent rehab department. I learned more in my 4 years here than I have before or since. Highly skilled staff and a friendly environment.
Nice place to work Dr. office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 10, 2017
8-5 I worked 3 days a week in a Dr.'s Office.
I have learned how to deal with difficult patients
I manage my time well I believe
The hardest part was seeing cancer patients and knowing they were going to pass away at some point.
I love working with and around people, there are so many types of people to learn from and deal with.
Pros
8-5 no on call
Cons
There was really no problems
great people but management is another issue
Unit Clerk and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 16, 2017
Great staff but when employees can walk around into unassigned areas and and create click groups or harass others and not be disciplined because management is a part of those groups needs to be dealt with.
Pros
Great insurance great staff usually
Cons
costly lunches, no uniform allowance, management that create hostile work environments within their own departments.
ohiohealth
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 15, 2016
It's a good enough place as a whole, unfortunately retention isnt great due to the pay. This results in a major portion of staff being relatively young and inexperienced due to turnover.
This is how it was
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 24, 2016
Perform C.T. scans. Work non stop 10 to 12 hours a day without a break, which we were supposed to get. Sometimes, lunch on the run. This hospital had and still has way too many "chiefs" and not enough "Indians". I enjoyed my co-workers, we worked as a team and had each other's back. Hardest part of the job was scanning a baby that had died, scanning someone you know. My patients were what kept me going.
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Incompetent supervisors. Pencil pushers who have no clue what you do in a day
hard to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMarch 8, 2015
going to work when I first was employed was great but over the years things changed Management in the food and nutrition was so unfair you never knew really what was going on each manager told you something different they were not understanding at all llied all the time
Former employee with never an intention of going back even with a excellent raise.
PCA (Former Employee) –  CVICUOctober 29, 2014
The doctors are complacent and understanding. The nurses in CVICU were very clicky and feel subordinate to LPNs, pca, clerks, housekeepers. The main problem is the management and lack of care for their staff. If your not in the click you have no chance of protection there. Very sad place to work and feel appreciated.
Pros
none than can be seen
Cons
nurses are lazy, text constantly, abuse other staff, two RNs under the doctor worthless.
typical day
staff RN (Former Employee) –  MansfieldAugust 18, 2014
Staff RN patient care, Dialysis patients along with med surg telemetry
patient ratio is high, enjoyed working with the patients, poor management
Pros
patients and learning experience
Cons
management
Great organization to work for with unlimited potential.
Insurance Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 27, 2014
Great organization to work for with unlimited potential. I learned a great deal while employed here. I would recommend it 100%.
Pros
discount lunch. excellent benefits. matching 403b
Cons
Could pay more
High stress, fast paced.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 22, 2014
I provided direct patient care to patients. Initiated and monitored IV's. Communicated with acute care staff to provide the best patient care.
Pros
Scheduled hours
Cons
No room for advancement.
a good center; good crew; great doctors
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 2, 2014
I was so glad to go to Med Central after a draught in the therapy field. It was a nice area, the center seemed to be run well. The crew was fun and cooperative. I was there for nearly five years. I then felt I needed a chance to move on to different things with a abetter opportunity than was available there. I enjoyed it there. It was just time to take advantage of a different opportunity.
Pros
Nice hospital; nice dept. nice area
Cons
had reached a ppoint I wanted a chanse to grow.
an alright place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  shelby ohioMarch 31, 2014
i didn't mind it there it was just due to down size is why i am not still there if that would not have happened i would still be working there. not a bad place to work
Hospital Nurse
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 18, 2014
Top rated hospital in Ohio for cardiology. Many opportunities for learning and growing.
Nightmare
engineer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OhioDecember 15, 2013
Managers? really? place wastes so much money! No common sense.....No problem with morale's or values or honesty....yea, think again. let me give you some advice: don't ever get sick, get in an accident or become so ill that you may die.
Pros
i could walk to work
Cons
if your an idiot you will have job security....if your smarter then most the managers your gone.
Fun and a productive work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 18, 2013
A typical day consists of 12 hrs teamed with a registered nurse caring for 5 to 8 patients on a surgical step down.Passing medications and completing treatments on the patients. Assissting the registerd nurse with gathering information for patients assessment and assissting the physicians with patient care.
I have strengthened many skills and learned to use critical thinking with my patient care.
I was fortuate to work with a very profesional and caring nurse manager and assissted nurse manager that I have ever worked with.
One of the most enjoyable parts about my job was the support and team work that was shown to me by many of my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was watching so many young people die from tragic accidents, attempted suicides, overdoses,ect.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond that is developed with the patient and their family while caring for them. Giving them the education and guidence needed during their admission to prepare them for going home or ECF.
Pros
provides health care education, flu shots
Cons
tuition reimbursment
Supportive Work Environment
Pastoral Care Intern/Associate Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHMay 28, 2013
MedCentral is a wonderful hospital to work for. The smaller size of the hospital is conducive to a family atmosphere among the employees throughout the hospital. It is exciting that they are becoming a part of the WE culture with OhioHealth.
always a variety of tasks that require your attention
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING/ MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OhioFebruary 19, 2013
-management, direction and review of multi trade in-house and contracted trades for maintenance, repairs and projects in the hospital and out buildings
-work with architects, engineering firms, equipment suppliers and contractors on new patient treatment and care areas, structural repairs and equipment replacement/ upgrades
-manage required inspections for OSHA, ODH, Joint Commission, and all other regulatory groups having jurisdiction over the hospital and facilities providing patient care
-manage budgets, supply and repair purchases, overhaul costs, capital projects, employee PTO, annual reviews, discipline and daily direction, and all aspects of our Auto CAD 2011 system
Terrible Health System
Medical Assistant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 17, 2013
This facility underpays and over works most of their employees. It is very hard to balance life and work and the things that go on behind the scenes are scary. Anyone one considering a position should reconsider.
Pros
patients
Cons
no breaks, lazy employees, lack of pay, no overtime pay, terrible benefit coverage and very high cost
work environment
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mansfield , OhioDecember 10, 2012
I work 7p-7a love my co-workers work on thr renal floor hardest part is losing our patients