Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  91 rodeo drive brentwood nyAugust 1, 2016
it was a very good job i got along with all of the workers there i had a very good manager and i liked working there
Phone Competitions
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2016
Medco was all about the number of calls you could take in an eight hour day and learning how to respond to the callers about their health benefits, prescriptions and co-payments; because of staffing round the clock - didn't get real close to anyone while working there; the hardest part of the job was having to tell customers that we couldn't send their meds without payment and to hear them crying in the background; I averaged 100 calls a day though and was very proud of myself because I never got dinged; the most enjoyable part of my job was the casual dress and crocheting while on the phone...
Pros
Competing for Employee of the Month
Cons
Having to say NO to some patients
Ease of working with co worker team
Inventory Control manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2016
Was able to work up to coordinator position by having good work ethics.
Workers that showed work ethic and promptness got noticed by upper management.
Pros
Had both vacation and persnal time that would accrue
Interesting and educating environment
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2016
The day was evenly paced and there were many interesting projects to work on as well as the day to day tasks.

I learned that I am good at working with people and can plan events quite well. I also learned how to deal with high level executives.

Management was caring, but often absent and unwilling to deal with conflicts between staff. He tended to like to fly under the radar of headquarters and just do his thing.

My co-workers were very different and often had conflicts with one another. There were several lawyers as well as lobbyists. They all had important projects going on and needed help at the same time.

The hardest part of the job was handling the conflicts between staff. There were often mediation meetings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with Congress, Senators, and staff at events. I also loved learning about new laws as well as concerns of the nation firsthand.
Pros
Great experiences and opportunities
Cons
Poor communication among staff
Productive and professional work place
Order Entry Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2016
I was very happy worked on Medco, very good company, I learned a different areas of work in everything related to pharmacy, high quality service to patients receiving drugs by mail, we work as a team, with good communication and performance with coworkers and supervisors.. I really enjoyed working 6 years in that company in addition to all benefits, incentives, actions and bonuses that I received.
This was a happy fun factory of all kinds of medication. You name it. We had it.
Pharmacy technician - Bulk and Prep Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
This company was the best company ever to work with. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever, so we stayed when the other company bought this one and eventually let us go. We were all sad but there was nothing we can do. The best place to work.Thanks for the memory, Medco!
Pros
diversity was welcome
Tedious work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 21, 2016
Goals were set exceptionally high; average time to adequately handle customer phone calls were set too low. Difficult place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Was a very diverse work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (NJ) (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work was sitting down mostly bulking and prepping bottles for mail order pharmacy. Worked under supervision of licensed pharmacist. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
Pros
healthcare, vacation
Cons
union
Good place to learn new things
Pega Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
Very good place to learn new things on technology side and also provides good team building activities.
Good co workers and good management.
fast pace productive place to work with lots of advancements options.
Resolution Specialist/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 31, 2016
I had my own set cubical with certain groups I dedicated phone calls inbound and out to care for our clients. Some of our groups were bilingual in Spanish. High call volume. Most enjoyable part was my longevity and being able to use all the sources around me to do a one call resolution.
Pros
In house cafeteria to better enjoy our lunch and breaks.. Loved the overtime.
Medco was a fun place to work where we felt like a family as co-workers.
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
Medco was one of the best companies that I have worked for and provided opportunities to train in different departments within the company that I very much enjoyed.
Pros
Encouraged to train in different departments in various roles.
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.
enjoyable workplace
Managed Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2016
the company was great the employees were awesome although at the time most were still young mostly out of high school and or attending college. unfortunately it was bought out by RX solutions and most people were let go.
Pros
flexible hours for students
Cons
job security was always a concern
Fun Fun Fun
Pharmacy Technician/Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2016
I liked the job and the people were awesome. Everyday was a good day. Work was ok and I looked forward to going there everyday..
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all was good
Demanding company with poor moral
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 16, 2016
Medco, which has since been bought by Express Scripts was a very demanding company for which to work. The compensation was good, but for the pressure and hours that the job demanded, I do not believe that it was a good balance.
Lack of Compliance and Organization
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMarch 3, 2016
Medco is an enormous company that lacks the necessary training needed. The demise of the company came when they cut out the training department. There are several people doing jobs that they don't know how to do which makes for a hectic environment. There is no concern for the patient and it's obvious that the company is driven by financial success alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was able to work from home. The hardest part of the job was trying to resolve issues with patients when I knew the fault was that of the company and it was clear we dropped the ball.
Pros
Good PTO accumulation and being able to work from home
Cons
Poor Management and structure
Best job I had
Manager/Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 4, 2016
This company was great to work for and learn the dynamic landscape of healthcare. Sad to see the downfall of such a great place.
A great group to Work with
Xerox associate onsite (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes njJanuary 7, 2016
In all ,, a great team & busy place to work It has a friendly environment & good place to develop I learn a great deal here from communication, personal development to leadership Made some good friends too
Pros
A big friendly place to work that keeps you busy
Cons
A lot of walking & being on your feet
Productive and fun workplace
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2016
I have been in this company for 14yrs. This company has been a great place to work.Culture is the most important thing at Medco. Salary are good.
outrageous expectations
PAR Specialist/ Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2015
they expect you to meet a goal however they make it so hard to meet the goal. the training was rushed. Not very organized as far as a company.
Hard work and sometimes stressful but very supportive environment
Pharmacy Benefit Management Client Specialist Team (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2015
A great place to work with top quality people to work with. Medco doesn't exist anymore, It was a great place to grow and take charge of things. Ideas for improvement were appreciated because Medco appreciated innovative staff and was open to new ideas.
Pros
It was challenging work and we were rewarded.

Medco Health Solutions Reviews by Location