Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Medco was a fun place to work where we felt like a family as co-workers.
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
Medco was one of the best companies that I have worked for and provided opportunities to train in different departments within the company that I very much enjoyed.
Pros
Encouraged to train in different departments in various roles.
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.
Fun Fun Fun
Pharmacy Technician/Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2016
I liked the job and the people were awesome. Everyday was a good day. Work was ok and I looked forward to going there everyday..
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all was good
Demanding company with poor moral
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 16, 2016
Medco, which has since been bought by Express Scripts was a very demanding company for which to work. The compensation was good, but for the pressure and hours that the job demanded, I do not believe that it was a good balance.
Lack of Compliance and Organization
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMarch 3, 2016
Medco is an enormous company that lacks the necessary training needed. The demise of the company came when they cut out the training department. There are several people doing jobs that they don't know how to do which makes for a hectic environment. There is no concern for the patient and it's obvious that the company is driven by financial success alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was able to work from home. The hardest part of the job was trying to resolve issues with patients when I knew the fault was that of the company and it was clear we dropped the ball.
Pros
Good PTO accumulation and being able to work from home
Cons
Poor Management and structure
Best job I had
Manager/Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 4, 2016
This company was great to work for and learn the dynamic landscape of healthcare. Sad to see the downfall of such a great place.
A great group to Work with
Xerox associate onsite (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes njJanuary 7, 2016
In all ,, a great team & busy place to work It has a friendly environment & good place to develop I learn a great deal here from communication, personal development to leadership Made some good friends too
Pros
A big friendly place to work that keeps you busy
Cons
A lot of walking & being on your feet
Productive and fun workplace
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2016
I have been in this company for 14yrs. This company has been a great place to work.Culture is the most important thing at Medco. Salary are good.
outrageous expectations
PAR Specialist/ Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2015
they expect you to meet a goal however they make it so hard to meet the goal. the training was rushed. Not very organized as far as a company.
Hard work and sometimes stressful but very supportive environment
Pharmacy Benefit Management Client Specialist Team (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2015
A great place to work with top quality people to work with. Medco doesn't exist anymore, It was a great place to grow and take charge of things. Ideas for improvement were appreciated because Medco appreciated innovative staff and was open to new ideas.
Pros
It was challenging work and we were rewarded.
Productive and a great company
QA Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 1, 2015
Medco Health was a great company to work. I've learned many skills from Medco. Growth was never an issue. Co-workers and Management were family, was always there to lifted each other up no matter what. As long as deadlines were met we were all happy. Encouragement was always there.
Pros
Healthcare
Productive and fun environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 1, 2015
Good place to work at great compensation and benefits. Management was good to work with and friendly. Flexible work schedule
Pros
inside resturant
Cons
inside resturant
Assisted patients and coworkers with getting medication delivered
Escalation Supervisor - Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2015
Helped resolved escalated issues with client not having the medication they needed. Some cases were severe that patients needed medication right away.

Assisted client service representatives with their patients with the call center to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
great benefits
bad
RESOLUTIONS TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2015
not a good company, they laid off entire city, 500 people gone, we were the number one in the district, but they still laid us off
Fun place to work.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
Worked swing shift but also worked the other shifts as well. I learned to work in a auto-publishing department. Management was very helpful. Co workers and employees were fun to work with. There wasn't anything hard about this job. Enjoyable part of this job was working with my co workers and employees.
Pros
Co workers and employees.
Cons
Union.
Managment
Office Coordinator/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
For the most part the management were great to work with, the company was a good company with It available onsite, HR on site, and we all worked together for the same reason and benefits were great.
Pros
Great Company in general
Cons
Bought out several times was challenging
Rewarding and fun place to work.
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
A great place to work. Management and co-workers were great.

A typical day in the Prior Authorization Department was helping with Prescription Drugs Benefits
Speaking with members, doctors, and pharmacist, In addition too Long Term Care and Hospital Facilities across the nation.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Went out of business.
productive work
Customer Service/Sales/Data Entry Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2015
There are few different programs that you can work on which keeps the job from ever becoming to monotonous. Outbound is what I started on which wasn't bad because it wasn't harassing sales calls.
Pros
job security
productive and co-workers were helpful
Project Leader, Provider Relations (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 23, 2015
Everyday brought a new issue and had to be handled swiftly and professionally. Management expected the most of you and rewarded you for it. Work environment was exceptionally positive.
Great Working Environment
Cash Management /Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2015
Loved working there people are great the company makes you comfortable. Management and HR needed to be more understanding when there is death in your family
Pros
Cons
Very short Breaks and not very understanding
Daunting work with great and fun people
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2015
The best part of this job was the people. The helpfulness of the employees, everyone helping each other get through the hard times and the support of the management was bar none.