Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Great Workplace!
Operational/ Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 7, 2016
Amazing work environment!! Professional, friendly and cultured!
Miss it a lot!!! Great people to work with and for!!!
Benefits Administrator/Customer Service
Benefits Administrator /CSR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2016
Medco was a great company to work for. Unfortunately the company left the Las Vegas Valley. The company is now Express Scripts.

A typical day was explaining the benefits to customer. Helping locate medication. Providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Longer in Business
very nice
Customer Service/Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 21, 2016
The management style is very old school. They truly live by the term "family First".

Often there are lots of laughs, and smiles. Very supportive and encouraging.
Production type environment
Data Entry Technician/Corporate Headquarters (Former Employee) –  Montville, NJNovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working there. I did contract work, I closed the contract.
I worked with nurses doing office work throughout Oregon, setting up
certain cases for medco to take screenings from.
Energetic
Customer Service /Management Development (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 2, 2016
My typical day was sitting in a call center taking inbound calls. I learned to take a high volume of calls with the ability to complete and move on to the next call in the appropriate time. Management was great they took the time that was needed to work through issues that arouse during there ghost calls. My co-workers were kind. There was not a lot of interaction as there were protocols for our team to follow. Hardest part was the contingencies of being on the call floor. There were a lot of rules and regulations for calls. most enjoyable was talking with the customers and getting there needs met.
Pros
busy and consistent
Cons
Tedious
Enjoyed working with Medco Health Solutions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89120October 12, 2016
Enjoyed working with Medco Health Solutions. I learned a lot about pharmacy customer service and how to handle lots of calls. Was able to move up in the company and assist with helping write the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Pros
Union, great pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful and very demanding at times
Healthy, professional work environment
Account Management Customer/client service (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Amazing work environment!! Professional, friendly and cultured!
Miss it a lot!!! Great people to work with and for!!!
Pros
Great culture professionalism interesting
Very good employers
Operator (Former Employee) –  55 E. Bradrock Des Plaines IllinoisSeptember 23, 2016
I'm so sad because the factory close. I was so happy working for them. When you feel happy working in a place you can do a better job.
Pros
Free coffee time
Medco Healh Solutions of Willingboro NJ
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJSeptember 22, 2016
Working for this company i was able to help proved hundreds of thousands of people with their medications. Medications that they need to survive, this was a quite full-filling job. The management team went above and beyond when it come down to company policy and procedures. Union based employment
worked there for 22 yrs, been a wonderful company to work for the majority of those yrs
Staff pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 19, 2016
The change from Medco over to Express scripts has been challenging from both a business and clinical sense. The philosophies of both are night and day. Ive done my best to adjust to the changes but getting harder and harder with each day as more adverse changes occur.
Pros
professional atmosphere
Cons
micromanaging, cut cost at all costs even if quality suffers
Fun workplace
o Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Medco would have prizes for employees who met a certain daily standard. We would call customers in order to get them to renew their current med scripts with our company or refill existing prescriptions.
Pros
Prizes, entertaining workplace
Cons
Unorganized at times
Job duties change without notice, no explanation
SR Resource Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2016
Express Scrips is faced paced
Co-workers are wonderful to work with. Management's hands are often tied.
Most difficult part of the job was never knowing if you were going to walk to a closed building.
Pros
Medco was purchased by Express Scrips. Fast paced & no day the same.
Cons
No work life balance, long hours (even taking home) non eithical
Awesome
Asso. Business Analyst-Medicare Complaints Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 30, 2016
I started with this company in 2001 and loved every moment of what I did from the start to finish. Medco cared for the employees as well as the clients and patients. Awesome company to have worked for.
Pharmacy benefits management on grand scale
REGISTERED PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
Worked and learned pharmacy at a clinical level within the managed care format. Further learned the significance of drug-use-review and the pharmacist's role. Saw first hand the ever changing role of pharmacy in patient care.
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  91 rodeo drive brentwood nyAugust 1, 2016
it was a very good job i got along with all of the workers there i had a very good manager and i liked working there
Phone Competitions
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2016
Medco was all about the number of calls you could take in an eight hour day and learning how to respond to the callers about their health benefits, prescriptions and co-payments; because of staffing round the clock - didn't get real close to anyone while working there; the hardest part of the job was having to tell customers that we couldn't send their meds without payment and to hear them crying in the background; I averaged 100 calls a day though and was very proud of myself because I never got dinged; the most enjoyable part of my job was the casual dress and crocheting while on the phone...
Pros
Competing for Employee of the Month
Cons
Having to say NO to some patients
Ease of working with co worker team
Inventory Control manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2016
Was able to work up to coordinator position by having good work ethics.
Workers that showed work ethic and promptness got noticed by upper management.
Pros
Had both vacation and persnal time that would accrue
Interesting and educating environment
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2016
The day was evenly paced and there were many interesting projects to work on as well as the day to day tasks.

I learned that I am good at working with people and can plan events quite well. I also learned how to deal with high level executives.

Management was caring, but often absent and unwilling to deal with conflicts between staff. He tended to like to fly under the radar of headquarters and just do his thing.

My co-workers were very different and often had conflicts with one another. There were several lawyers as well as lobbyists. They all had important projects going on and needed help at the same time.

The hardest part of the job was handling the conflicts between staff. There were often mediation meetings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with Congress, Senators, and staff at events. I also loved learning about new laws as well as concerns of the nation firsthand.
Pros
Great experiences and opportunities
Cons
Poor communication among staff
Productive and professional work place
Order Entry Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2016
I was very happy worked on Medco, very good company, I learned a different areas of work in everything related to pharmacy, high quality service to patients receiving drugs by mail, we work as a team, with good communication and performance with coworkers and supervisors.. I really enjoyed working 6 years in that company in addition to all benefits, incentives, actions and bonuses that I received.
This was a happy fun factory of all kinds of medication. You name it. We had it.
Pharmacy technician - Bulk and Prep Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
This company was the best company ever to work with. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever, so we stayed when the other company bought this one and eventually let us go. We were all sad but there was nothing we can do. The best place to work.Thanks for the memory, Medco!
Pros
diversity was welcome
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medco Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Medco Health Solutions Reviews by Location