Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews

The company was an awesome learning environment different culture backgrounds worked there. The location was great.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2017
Great work environment. The location and the company was great. Love this job. The pay was great. Work environment was friendly and great. The benefits were great as well. Company name now is Express Scripts .
Pros
Learning begin in different postions at the job.
Cons
Just did like making mistakes.
Work at home
Patient Care Advocate/Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2017
No advancement, fast paced, call center, pay does not match skill level, best part is working at home and flex scheduling - such as split shifts. Off holidays
Awesome Place to have been Employed With
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 24, 2017
A typical day was busy but exciting. I learned about Medicare, Reading Claims, and Reading Prior Authorization. This job provided me the opportunity excel and gain PBM Knowledge.
Medco doesnt exist anymore
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 13, 2017
This company ceased to exist . I worked there as a consultant from a consulting company location and don't really have any insight into the company. It was 10 years go
Productive place to work
Customer Service, Research Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 12, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Enjoyed helping customers with issues concerning insurance coverage, accounting & billing issues. Researched issues and provided customers with updated information concerning their problems.
Pros
Good employees and management.
Cons
Raises based on union contracts.
productive and on point with customer's medication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2017
Medco Health, in the beginning was a very good place to work; employers were very approachable and easy to talk too; and employees were team players and we helped each other out; I learned to listen not only to my callers, but also, my fellow team members as well; management started slacking because, the company started going through a "take over", by another pharmaceutcal company; and that was very difficult to witness; and the most enjoyable part of the job, was assisting members!
Nice place to work
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 2, 2017
I really liked this job, the hours worked for me and most of the management were easy to get along with. The benefits were awesome with this company and I did get an amazing discount on my medications through this company.
Good company to work for
Sr. CSR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2017
All in all this is a good company to work for. I would really just say that the supervisors should have more expeirence in that role. Other than that it was a good experience.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Supervisor education needed
Positive Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 26, 2017
Working at Medco was a great way to learn about healthcare data and to develop project and data management skills. There was plenty of opportunity for growth.
Laid back atmoshere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSSeptember 23, 2017
The ladies in office were great, could be a lot of fun, then again people but the employees sometimes didn't know when to buckle down and work.........

Want to know more about Medco Health Solutions?

Ask a question
Meaningful work, flexible
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Very flexible pertaining to work hours. Learned a lot about specialty pharmacy, private and public healthcare and leadership. Enjoyed my time there very hard to leave.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
lack of advancement after a certain point in Accredo/Medco career.
enjoyed this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2017
the only reason I left was so medical issues I need the time off. It was a nice place and would have special events to help get through some of the long hour when open enrollment started.
Pros
friendly
Cons
pays great
I have nothing to add to it.
Pharmacy Supporter (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 8, 2017
This employment was so Long ago I don't remember. It was answering the phone, talking with patients and the doctor's office in getting the patient medicine corrected.
Pros
time off
Cons
personal time
Was a Great Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Medco was a great company. It had a great executive team, tremendous benefits and lots of opportunities. When Express Scripts bought it out I was let go. I heard from others that still worked there it was awful after the buyout.
Free lunches sometimes
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Medco was a stressful work environment with very high expectations. Management was often indifferent and upper management was impossible to reach. The people who worked their in the trenches work hard
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Strict discipline
This company was very new when I was employed
Certified pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 30, 2017
I feel that the environment was very competitive and stressful. We are working with the terminally ill but I felt a if the Medico only cared about numbers.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2017
customer service incoming calls (30-40) assisting with health insurance. updating in formation

workplace culture was wonderful and fast paced, it was a temporary summer assignment
fun and nice
Restocker (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 26, 2017
medco was my summer job that i had so much fun at!! i was always doing something!! i was never just standing around unless we were having a meeting or something!!
poor management
Night shift cook (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYAugust 16, 2017
poor management and lack of consistent employees. The work environment was much like going to Middle school each day. I felt Bullied and at times threatened as a new employee coming into the facility.
Pros
payroll deducted lunch
Cons
wanted to make you work off clock
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
productive work environment, good pay and friendly coworkers. Everyday was a learning process and was very challenging at times. Full time benefits were outstanding