Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews

stand around a lot
pharmacy skills
management was distant
co workers were nice
hardest part of the job was not enough work to keep me busy
most enjoyable part was the work just wasn't enough to keep us busy people was saying they built a million dollar facility with no work to do
Pros
health insurance and company gatherings
Cons
not enough work stand around with no work often
very task oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2015
From the beginning of a call to the end of a call, all issues were resolved by the representative that answered the call. I learned how to do insurance claims and had assistance when needed by management.
Pros
gifts were often and nice
Cons
taking tests with everyone together in one noisy room.
My tenure
Resolution Team Lead (Case Manager) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2015
Medco Health was overall a good place to work at. It was by no means perfect, because every company has their own flaws. I did enjoy my tenure at Medco Health before the Express Scripts merger. Unfortunate, I laid off just like so many of my fellow colleagues were as well.
Pros
Job security
Cons
micromanagement
productive,fun ,learning experince
Pharmacy Services Representative (Former Employee) –  ft worth txApril 2, 2015
there were many changes and we would have to adapt to every day and we always worked as team to get the job done and we were like a big family.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
health care
Medco wanted top productions numbers and quality
Support, Shipping Department, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAApril 2, 2015
I worked four-ten hour days, Monday through Thursday, 2pm to midnight. I entered prescriptions that automatically prompted on our computer screen. I learned to work with different clients orders that the prescription(s) were not able to be shipped. I was often chosen to work on drug recall invoices, and special projects. Only because if I didn't have an answer for an issue, I would find someone who had the answer. Management was alright to work for. The hardest part of the job was sitting for ten hours. We did get two breaks and half-hour lunch. The most enjoyable part was being able to work on different invoices and problem issues.
Pros
The awards and special recognition we received for a job well done
Cons
Management sometimes played favorites
Typical 8-5 work place.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2015
I'm not going to say it's the best job I've had, but it's definitely not the worst. I had my own spacious cubicle that I could decorate, and my co-workers were awesome. My manager wanted the best for his department and I loved that he was passionate about seeing his employees grow under his supervision and guidance. I've never had a manager who cared so much for their employees, it was refreshing. The pay is above average. The work is very repetitive, and mindless...so it gets old real quick and there aren't any opportunities to learn new areas. They have crazy policies in place like one, for example: If you request off without sufficient PTO to cover your shift you will get a point for it. So, in other words, you pretty much get a write up if you take time off with out enough PTO to cover your missed hours. As if losing the hours isn't bad enough, you're also getting punished for it. It doesn't seem to be the place where you'd want to move up and start a career, but if you're just looking for a job that pays above minimum wage and isn't hard; this is it. I didn't hate my job, but I didn't love it. It just paid my bills.
Pros
above average pay, weekends off.
Cons
the policies the company has are ridiculous, and the head people don't seem to really care as much as they claim to.
Learning enviorment with great benefits and flexible schedules !
Express Scripts Pharmacy Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 26, 2015
Verified prescriptions for accuracy, Drug Utilization Review(DUR) of patient medications, contact doctor office for prescription clarifications, unavailable medications, DUR issues. Called patients to counsel and answer their medication questions. Always other Pharmacists to collaborate with on projects and issues. Constant learning of new things!
Pros
benefits and flexible schedules
Cons
amount of work to get done !
Great company with unlimited earning potential. Unfortunately in their merger my position was eliminated.
Department Lead/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 1, 2015
We all loved the way we helped people stay healthy, saved them money, and were able to send their medications directly to their residence. I would not have left the company, unfortunately in their merger my position was eliminated.
Pros
highly positive, intelligent, and prouctive staff. great team work and recognition programs for top performers.
Cons
unfortunately in their merger my position was eliminated.
Learned a lot about the health care industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Working at Medco was very hectic. You would have to complete 100+ audit claims per day.

My manger was nice and understood work/life balance.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
worked long hours
Business Analyst
Sr business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Somerset NJJanuary 20, 2015
job was work/life balance.
Co workers were very helpful and nice people
Managers were excellent coach
prosductive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJanuary 20, 2015
ok work place, doesnt care about associates, not very nice, rude, ignorant
Pros
nothing
Cons
stuff
Exciting environment to work in.
Customer Service Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Customer service opportunity providing uninterrupted one-on-one interaction. Always on the forefront of the lasted news about medications and interactions. Great co-workers and management staff.
Pros
one-on-one customer service
Cons
call volume could be overwhelming at times.
Productive enjoyable place to work
PRESCRIPTION BENEFIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2015
I learned a great deal about the prescription benefits industry.
Medco Health Solutions was a great company to work for
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 18, 2014
Medco Health Solutions was a great company to work for. Job advancement was always available and compensation was very competitive
Pros
competitive pay / job advancement
Cons
company acquired by express scripts
great place
Medco Health Store Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 14, 2014
was a great position great work hours great work load nice cafe on site and break areas nice co workers and callers
Pros
old co workers together
Cons
out of business
Call Center Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2014
My typical day at work was taking as many phone calls as possible to ensure the customer was satisfied.
Always there to help if I had a question
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 14, 2014
Great place to work, Sorry is was only a temp assignment at the time
Pros
on night shift so it worked well with my lifestyle
Cons
sometimes had no work and let go home early
Great place to work, excellent benefits
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 6, 2014
I learned that attention to detail is very important to any job. Working with prescriptions, it was extremely important to pay attention to even the smallest mark as it could have an effect on someones life. I enjoyed the challenge everyday to work hard and do my job quickly and correctly.
Organized company with endless opportunity
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irivng TexasNovember 3, 2014
Fun, call center setup with catered lunches and exciting spiffs for all departments
Excelled in customer service and call resolution while learning Prescription Benefit Policies
Management was awesome, consistent policies equally enforced
200+ call center with many departments and opportunities
MOST ENJOYABLE PART - the opportunity to shadow different roles in the organization.
Fast Paced, constant learning, constantly proving one's self due to lack of Management Support
Benefit Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 28, 2014
Medco Health Solutions was a place where I learned and experienced great achievement with PBM and Commercial Health Insurance. I was able to add to my skills learned during courses at National Health Career Association.
Management guides you but they do not support decisions, left employees to deal with the negative outcome. Not honest with their employees about business decisions that affect them. Medco lacked life balance due to the fast pace of the industry. Bonuses far and in between for individual contributors
Pros
ability to work from home; constant earning environment
Cons
lack of support from management, no life balance