Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Lack of Compliance and Organization
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMarch 3, 2016
Medco is an enormous company that lacks the necessary training needed. The demise of the company came when they cut out the training department. There are several people doing jobs that they don't know how to do which makes for a hectic environment. There is no concern for the patient and it's obvious that the company is driven by financial success alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was able to work from home. The hardest part of the job was trying to resolve issues with patients when I knew the fault was that of the company and it was clear we dropped the ball.
Pros
Good PTO accumulation and being able to work from home
Cons
Poor Management and structure
* The information I was trained to provide to Clients, Patients, RXs, Drs was extremely important. I am very grateful for my experiences @ MHS.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2012
Medco Health Solutions was a wonderful working experience throughout all the my years of my employment.
My Overall Ratings:
Compensation/Benefits - Extremely Satisfied
Culture/Values - Extremely Satisfied
Job Security/Advancement - Extremely Satisfied
Management - Extremely Satisfied
Work/Life Balance - Extremely Satisfied
Pros
wonderful experiences, from training to position details
Cons
n/a
Laid back but busy work place.
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 18, 2014
A typical day at work was quiet atmosphere. Multiple calls. I did not meet many employees of management. I worked from Oct. to April only meeting my supervisor once. I met with her again in May for an update on how I was doing. In June I had earned a weeks worth of vacation time. June 20th I returned back to work from vacation and that very day was fired. I was told I had 3 mishaps. I was not explained what I did wrong. I was not allowed to get my stuff it all had to be mailed to me. Once I received my box in the mail half of my stuff was missing.
Pros
great pay, good benifits.
Cons
Not very good managment.
It was okay at first..
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 11, 2013
Where do I begin? It was a nice place to work for at first. The pay and benefits were great. The people I worked with were great too. My supervisors were awesome, until one day they fired one of them and moved the other one to a different area. Then they brought in 2 people from the data entry department to be the Pharmacy Tech's new supervisors. It was ridiculous. I am glad I left. The atmosphere was cubicles with no windows, except the break room. You weren't allowed to talk to your co-workers. They started scheduling your lunch and break times for you.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
strict scheduled breaks. Didn't like when you took time off.
Horrible place to work, Irving Texas location
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Irving txJune 24, 2012
I hate working there. They have a terrible supervisory staff. Management is terrible. Job monitoring requirements are stupid. Must have a pause in greeting between name an how may I help you. May I ask a few questions please. This is customer service they know we are going to ask questions. Saying there name three times during call. Summerizing what we have done. They know what we have helped them with. And resolving issues all within 386 seconds. Training is terrible. You get updates either by email or they have placards on the back of every door in the bathroom. TERRIBLE
Pros
union
Cons
money and benefits
fast pace productive place to work with lots of advancements options.
Resolution Specialist/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 31, 2016
I had my own set cubical with certain groups I dedicated phone calls inbound and out to care for our clients. Some of our groups were bilingual in Spanish. High call volume. Most enjoyable part was my longevity and being able to use all the sources around me to do a one call resolution.
Pros
In house cafeteria to better enjoy our lunch and breaks.. Loved the overtime.
Disconnected and stressful work environment
Coverage Review Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 8, 2013
Overall rating is very poor. Compensation and benefits through their contracted agent of hire-APAC is very poor. Benefits are very poor. Additional Compensation is promised through making 'bonus'. When too many reps start meeting requirements to make bonus the criteria is changed and may or may not be announced immediately. No raises. Culture and values do not exist at APAC. There is no job security and in order to keep the MEDCO contract APAC will bulldoze over anybody or actually tell flat out lies to both Medco and employees.
Management above the team leader status is cut throat. Team leads are only fair to good.
APAC who represents MEDCO doesn't care about work life balance. They will hire you for a shift to get you in the door and then change your hours in training class
The hardest part of the job for customer service reps is during hours when management has gone home but we are not allowed to say that when a manager is requested. Although this is primarily APAC ( I hope) APAC is the caliber of workforce Medco contracts.
Pros
i had two team leads that were great.
Cons
dirty environment. roaches throughout the call center and break room.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasMarch 27, 2014
My typical day would be busy, taking 35-85 calls per day. I learned to have a lot of patience with customers that may be upset. Management was very nice yet professional. They also made sure the environment was comfortable, and all resources were available. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with an upset customer that did not prefer that I assist them. The most enjoyable part of m y job was knowing that I was able to resolve a customers issue, especially an issue that has been ongoing.
Pros
Pay, work activities, benefits, work environment
Cons
Upset customers
Productive workplace with friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2013
A typical day included answering members phone calls. Providing accurate information to members and providers with an up-beat tone. I have learned to show great amount of empathy. The management is ok depends on your manager. The hardest part of the day is after providing members with all solutions they have regarding their prescription benifits and they still cannot afford their medications, I can get a little emotional. The co-workers are awesome and become family and they are my most enjoyable part of the job.
Very employee recognition based company overall, virtual management is a hardship.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2014
My typical day included lots of resume review, telephone screenings, calls with hiring managers and conference calls with the talent acquisition team. Our management team was typically hard to reach, they were all virtual leaders so it was important to be able to talk to them on a weekly basis. Lots of times one on one meetings were cancelled and questions had to be answered via instant messaging. The talent acquisition team was great to work with and we did a lot of brainstorming and best practice sharing. The hardest part of the job was the large workload, lots of times I felt that I wasn't able to provide outstanding service to ALL of my internal customers because of prioritization by my managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the joy in people when I was able to make them an offer on the job that they had wanted and waited for!
Pros
Excellent systems and system support, clean spacious facilites, great benefits
Cons
Virtual management communication breakdown, work / life balance
Productive, enjoyable, ever growing
Receptionist/HR Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2012
Fun,enjoyed communications with top management and visiting customers. Learned the functions of HR in more detail and what they do as a whole.along with doing my own functions as receptionist.This was the best team I've worked with we were all like a family.There was no hard part about this job except being removed form it. My most enjoyable part of this position was being the first face wtih a smile and the voice of the company to be heard each day in greetings.
Pros
great company, benefits, stability
Cons
i had long travel time
Fast pace and has a huge dispensing pharmacy downstairs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 26, 2014
I worked the early morning shift, I worked on the second floor where I had my own cubicle, there were maybe 500 cubicle in the entire upstairs call center, I answer incoming calls as I'm available, my co workers side by side,like my answer guide when I would get stuck, I can ask them instead of calling a resolution specialist, the hardest part of my job was Medicare member because their calls were the longest. The most enjoyable part of my job was the web support callers. Most of all I had good health, dental and vision insurance. Medco was great fortune 500 company. They also had a awesome 401k.
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  91 rodeo drive brentwood nyAugust 1, 2016
it was a very good job i got along with all of the workers there i had a very good manager and i liked working there
Good place to learn new things
Pega Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
Very good place to learn new things on technology side and also provides good team building activities.
Good co workers and good management.
Great place to work wish they never closed that location.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 14, 2011
Medco was an overall rating of 5 stars. Compensation and benefits. Lots of culture and values. There was job security and advancement in the company. Management was wonderful to work for and with. Work was pleasing because you felt a since of worth that balanced out your life as an important person.
Pros
lunches, work envirment, people.
Cons
half an hour lunch.
Laid back and easy going place to work for
Pharmacy Technician/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAAugust 18, 2014
I would perform data entry and doctor phone calls on mail order prescriptions. I also would assist the pharmacist on filling the prescriptions. Management was a pleasure to work for they all seemed to know what they were doing. My co-workers were amazing people as well. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and knowing I was helping customers in the processing of their orders
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, great people to work for
Cons
Nothing really
Would Not Recommend
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Medco Health Solutions gave me a solid work background and experience, but I would not recommend this to anyone as a workplace. Management would gossip more than the usual, there was a lack of workplace values, and not much freedom to do anything besides work. I did not feel valued as an employee.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, No Flexibility, Lack of Work-life balance, Scheduling changed every 6 months
Was a very diverse work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (NJ) (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work was sitting down mostly bulking and prepping bottles for mail order pharmacy. Worked under supervision of licensed pharmacist. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
Pros
healthcare, vacation
Cons
union
enjoyable workplace
Managed Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2016
the company was great the employees were awesome although at the time most were still young mostly out of high school and or attending college. unfortunately it was bought out by RX solutions and most people were let go.
Pros
flexible hours for students
Cons
job security was always a concern
Most knowledgeable, professional and capable management I ever worked with.
Research & Correspondence Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 2, 2012
Processed claims routed to Customer Service Research & Correspondence due to system edits. Verified addresses and conflicting information in Access database. My co-workers were a lot of fun, like a second family. Everyone was very good about sharing resources and ideas. The management was the best I ever worked with anywhere. These people were clearly picked because they knew what they were doing, not because it was their turn to get promoted or they knew someone. Best of all, they understood my job thoroughly. There was nothing I could bring to them that they werent expert at, even when I wasnt in their department!
The hardest part of the job was the fact that it could be unbelieveably boring. This was stressful too because you had to stay very focused for hours at a time while paying attention to every little detail. Making a mistake could have serious consequences because you are dealing with medications. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, the bonuses, benefits and overtime.
Pros
superior management. all the overtime i wanted.
Cons
pretty boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medco Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Medco Health Solutions Reviews by Location