Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews

We had comraderie; great teamwork as Medco.
Presidential Escalation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2014
Busy and productive. Medco provided great training and available resources. Enjoyed the interaction with management, clients and customers. A sense of satisfaction at the end of the day knowing we had done everything possible to take care of the customer within reason without jeopardizing integrity, economics or compassion. The hardest part of the job was the company being sold and losing friends and colleagues. I learned the importance of identifying the root causes of why members were unhappy and how to resolve their concerns at first opportunity and taking ownership until issue(s) resolved without compromising HIPAA, ethics, morals and staying true to myself and the Lord I serve. The most enjoyable: learning constantly and enhancing my knowledge.
Pros
Pay, benefits, ability to advance
World-class company going through merger integration
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2013
My day involved duties of a staff pharmacist with responsibilities dedicated to Drug Utilization Review (DUR). In this capacity, reviewed patient profile for drug interactions, adherence, dosing regimen, food-drug interaction, and drug-disease state interactions. When problem identified, was involved in interaction with doctors, patients, and patient's care-giver to resolve any potential problem in patient's therapy which may arise. Medco very proactive with training and CE offerings. Management vigilant, but let us do our jobs as pharmacists. Overall, a good environment to work.
Pros
Numerous CE offerings=quarterly bonus= fair marketplace benefits
Cons
Sold to Express Scripts-- professional environment turned into a business
Fast Paced, constant learning, constantly proving one's self due to lack of Management Support
Benefit Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 28, 2014
Medco Health Solutions was a place where I learned and experienced great achievement with PBM and Commercial Health Insurance. I was able to add to my skills learned during courses at National Health Career Association.
Management guides you but they do not support decisions, left employees to deal with the negative outcome. Not honest with their employees about business decisions that affect them. Medco lacked life balance due to the fast pace of the industry. Bonuses far and in between for individual contributors
Pros
Ability to work from home; Constant earning environment
Cons
Lack of support from Management, No Life balance
An absolutly terrible place to work, even in todays job market .
ADS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitestown In.December 15, 2012
I gave this company all I had to give. Even voluntered to work over Thanksgiving holiday last year to help with a 500 plus script recall that had to be gone through one script bottle at a time just to be told that my penmanship wasn't to their standard so they let me go. There wasn't a day that they didnt have negative things to say.
Terrible morale, terrible training, and its never managements' problem. Although they cover up a major league screw up by hand delivering a script.and still look like the big hero. What a load of whoha!!
Pros
decent money
Cons
everybody is stricktly for themself, whatch who you talk to. the.politics are wicked.
Express Scripts (formerly Medco Health Solutions) is a dynamic and fast paced company to work for.
Director, Account Management (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, New JerseyAugust 2, 2012
In the 21 years of employment at Medco Health, I have consistently achieved my career goals. The environment is one of collaboration and team work. I have acquired strong leadership skills as I've advanced within the company and I feel that those skills are highly transferable into other industries.

I have formed strong relationships with my colleagues over the years and have learned so much from varying management styles and unique approaches to problem solving.

The most enjoyable part of my position is adding value to the account management organization.
Demanding company with poor moral
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 16, 2016
Medco, which has since been bought by Express Scripts was a very demanding company for which to work. The compensation was good, but for the pressure and hours that the job demanded, I do not believe that it was a good balance.
Great Company
Customer Service Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2013
I really liked working for this company. The management was great. Medco really knew how to pick and support great managers. The managers were patient and understanding and really tried to better the work environment through meetings and one on one coaching. The hardest part of the job was lack of variability. If half of my day was doing something else then I would've been a life long employee. Being a customer service pharmacist for the whole day was a bit too much. I have heard non-pharmacists with the same concern. As far as work/life balance this job could not have been better. They offer a great vacation/sick pay package.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasMarch 27, 2014
My typical day would be busy, taking 35-85 calls per day. I learned to have a lot of patience with customers that may be upset. Management was very nice yet professional. They also made sure the environment was comfortable, and all resources were available. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with an upset customer that did not prefer that I assist them. The most enjoyable part of m y job was knowing that I was able to resolve a customers issue, especially an issue that has been ongoing.
Pros
Pay, work activities, benefits, work environment
Cons
Upset customers
Horrible place to work, Irving Texas location
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Irving txJune 24, 2012
I hate working there. They have a terrible supervisory staff. Management is terrible. Job monitoring requirements are stupid. Must have a pause in greeting between name an how may I help you. May I ask a few questions please. This is customer service they know we are going to ask questions. Saying there name three times during call. Summerizing what we have done. They know what we have helped them with. And resolving issues all within 386 seconds. Training is terrible. You get updates either by email or they have placards on the back of every door in the bathroom. TERRIBLE
Pros
union
Cons
money and benefits
It was okay at first..
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 11, 2013
Where do I begin? It was a nice place to work for at first. The pay and benefits were great. The people I worked with were great too. My supervisors were awesome, until one day they fired one of them and moved the other one to a different area. Then they brought in 2 people from the data entry department to be the Pharmacy Tech's new supervisors. It was ridiculous. I am glad I left. The atmosphere was cubicles with no windows, except the break room. You weren't allowed to talk to your co-workers. They started scheduling your lunch and break times for you.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
strict scheduled breaks. Didn't like when you took time off.

Want to know more about Medco Health Solutions?

Ask a question
Productive and fun environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 1, 2015
Good place to work at great compensation and benefits. Management was good to work with and friendly. Flexible work schedule
Pros
inside resturant
Cons
inside resturant
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  91 rodeo drive brentwood nyAugust 1, 2016
it was a very good job i got along with all of the workers there i had a very good manager and i liked working there
Great compensation, no job security
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2012
Medco was just purchased by Express Scripts so job security is gone. The compensation is good now but Express Scripts does not pay as well as Medco so compensation could go downhill soon. Management was so-so at Medco, some senior leadership was good and some managers were obviously not concerned with the welfare of their employees.
Productive workplace with friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2013
A typical day included answering members phone calls. Providing accurate information to members and providers with an up-beat tone. I have learned to show great amount of empathy. The management is ok depends on your manager. The hardest part of the day is after providing members with all solutions they have regarding their prescription benifits and they still cannot afford their medications, I can get a little emotional. The co-workers are awesome and become family and they are my most enjoyable part of the job.
Good place to get experience.
Resolution Team Lead / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2013
Medco now Express Scripts is a great place to gain experience in the work place. Not sure about a career.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good.
Cons
Management and Culture needs a lot of work.
Was a very diverse work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (NJ) (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work was sitting down mostly bulking and prepping bottles for mail order pharmacy. Worked under supervision of licensed pharmacist. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people
Pros
healthcare, vacation
Cons
union
Great Company
Values
Job Security
Advancement ManagementWork
Life Balance
Great work from home options
Very employee recognition based company overall, virtual management is a hardship.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2014
My typical day included lots of resume review, telephone screenings, calls with hiring managers and conference calls with the talent acquisition team. Our management team was typically hard to reach, they were all virtual leaders so it was important to be able to talk to them on a weekly basis. Lots of times one on one meetings were cancelled and questions had to be answered via instant messaging. The talent acquisition team was great to work with and we did a lot of brainstorming and best practice sharing. The hardest part of the job was the large workload, lots of times I felt that I wasn't able to provide outstanding service to ALL of my internal customers because of prioritization by my managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the joy in people when I was able to make them an offer on the job that they had wanted and waited for!
Pros
Excellent systems and system support, clean spacious facilites, great benefits
Cons
Virtual management communication breakdown, work / life balance
Productive, enjoyable, ever growing
Receptionist/HR Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2012
Fun,enjoyed communications with top management and visiting customers. Learned the functions of HR in more detail and what they do as a whole.along with doing my own functions as receptionist.This was the best team I've worked with we were all like a family.There was no hard part about this job except being removed form it. My most enjoyable part of this position was being the first face wtih a smile and the voice of the company to be heard each day in greetings.
Pros
great company, benefits, stability
Cons
i had long travel time
Medco was a fun place to work where we felt like a family as co-workers.
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
Medco was one of the best companies that I have worked for and provided opportunities to train in different departments within the company that I very much enjoyed.
Pros
Encouraged to train in different departments in various roles.
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medco Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Medco Health Solutions Reviews by Location