Medco Health Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

• Develops and managed sales/marketing operating budgets
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJune 14, 2015
• Served as primary client contact assuming full accountability for retention and growth of top Medco clients.
• Served on cross-functional teams to provide Account Managers with consistent streamline process.
• Developed a strategic action plan to grow, retain and renew accounts, ideally without getting into a bidding process.
• Worked through a slow economy up selling products to achieve maximum growth which was accomplished last year by selling 8.4 million in new clinical programs increasing my book of business
Would Not Recommend
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Medco Health Solutions gave me a solid work background and experience, but I would not recommend this to anyone as a workplace. Management would gossip more than the usual, there was a lack of workplace values, and not much freedom to do anything besides work. I did not feel valued as an employee.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
poor management, no flexibility, lack of work-life balance, scheduling changed every 6 months
It was challenging and definitely a great learning experience.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2015
Working at Medco was one of my most educational life learning experiences. When I describe it as challenging , there was always a different nuance occurring on a daily bases . Whether it was policy or people or work material , which caused you to constantly keep on your toes. It was never boring . The management was great and my co-workers were like a family. I spent my early years there in the call center . But my last four or five years were spent working at home . So I was pretty much on my own , with an occasional virtual visit from supervisors to check equipment or to see if anything was needed and to do monitors. As a matter of fact I was so happy that I started working at home because it gave me the opportunity to spend more time with my family especially my husband before he passed God rest his soul , and to be with my children and also to save on gas and wear and tear on the car . But of course I did miss my co-workers .
Pros
working at home, learning about medications and benefit plans etc.
Cons
wear and tear on car, gas prices were very high at the time
World-class company going through merger integration
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2013
My day involved duties of a staff pharmacist with responsibilities dedicated to Drug Utilization Review (DUR). In this capacity, reviewed patient profile for drug interactions, adherence, dosing regimen, food-drug interaction, and drug-disease state interactions. When problem identified, was involved in interaction with doctors, patients, and patient's care-giver to resolve any potential problem in patient's therapy which may arise. Medco very proactive with training and CE offerings. Management vigilant, but let us do our jobs as pharmacists. Overall, a good environment to work.
Pros
numerous ce offerings=quarterly bonus= fair marketplace benefits
Cons
sold to express scripts-- professional environment turned into a business
If you have a good personality dont even bother applying here.
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  San AntonioApril 16, 2015
Management is like a bunch of mutants. They take the approach like they don't want to know you, because you probably wont be there long enough. Very high stress for quotas and no help from team managers what so ever. CEO has to wake up and see what is going on with management before he loses more than just clients.
Pros
Cons
bad management
Medco was an amazing company to work for...until
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJune 7, 2015
Until it was acquired by Express Scripts. Then all went downhill from there, layoffs upon layoffs. No direction from upper management. Total disaster.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
great place to work as it offered multiple shifts, and work at home opportunities. Fellow employees always had great attitudes and good dispostion.
Laid back and easy going place to work for
Pharmacy Technician/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAAugust 18, 2014
I would perform data entry and doctor phone calls on mail order prescriptions. I also would assist the pharmacist on filling the prescriptions. Management was a pleasure to work for they all seemed to know what they were doing. My co-workers were amazing people as well. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and knowing I was helping customers in the processing of their orders
Pros
great pay, great benefits, great people to work for
Cons
nothing really
Typical 8-5 work place.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2015
I'm not going to say it's the best job I've had, but it's definitely not the worst. I had my own spacious cubicle that I could decorate, and my co-workers were awesome. My manager wanted the best for his department and I loved that he was passionate about seeing his employees grow under his supervision and guidance. I've never had a manager who cared so much for their employees, it was refreshing. The pay is above average. The work is very repetitive, and mindless...so it gets old real quick and there aren't any opportunities to learn new areas. They have crazy policies in place like one, for example: If you request off without sufficient PTO to cover your shift you will get a point for it. So, in other words, you pretty much get a write up if you take time off with out enough PTO to cover your missed hours. As if losing the hours isn't bad enough, you're also getting punished for it. It doesn't seem to be the place where you'd want to move up and start a career, but if you're just looking for a job that pays above minimum wage and isn't hard; this is it. I didn't hate my job, but I didn't love it. It just paid my bills.
Pros
above average pay, weekends off.
Cons
the policies the company has are ridiculous, and the head people don't seem to really care as much as they claim to.
High pressure to attention of detail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 28, 2015
Processing 42 faxes per hour without any errors
learned that an error comes back o first person entering data. Not being able to talk white silence during work on the floor. Learning new things and opportunities to view other areas.
Pros
Security
Cons
large building time cntrant in clocking in
Learning enviorment with great benefits and flexible schedules !
Express Scripts Pharmacy Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 26, 2015
Verified prescriptions for accuracy, Drug Utilization Review(DUR) of patient medications, contact doctor office for prescription clarifications, unavailable medications, DUR issues. Called patients to counsel and answer their medication questions. Always other Pharmacists to collaborate with on projects and issues. Constant learning of new things!
Pros
benefits and flexible schedules
Cons
amount of work to get done !
Productive and relaxed workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasMarch 27, 2014
My typical day would be busy, taking 35-85 calls per day. I learned to have a lot of patience with customers that may be upset. Management was very nice yet professional. They also made sure the environment was comfortable, and all resources were available. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with an upset customer that did not prefer that I assist them. The most enjoyable part of m y job was knowing that I was able to resolve a customers issue, especially an issue that has been ongoing.
Pros
pay, work activities, benefits, work environment
Cons
upset customers
very task oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2015
From the beginning of a call to the end of a call, all issues were resolved by the representative that answered the call. I learned how to do insurance claims and had assistance when needed by management.
Pros
gifts were often and nice
Cons
taking tests with everyone together in one noisy room.
Medco Health--nice place to work when they were functional
Benefit Coverage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for Medco Health from 2001-2012. Unfortunately, they were bought out in 2012 by another company. Everything changed at that time. Medco made things fun and enjoyable. They provided great benefits and great opportunity for advancement. I miss them.
Pros
fun activities just because...
Cons
sold the company
An absolutly terrible place to work, even in todays job market .
ADS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitestown In.December 15, 2012
I gave this company all I had to give. Even voluntered to work over Thanksgiving holiday last year to help with a 500 plus script recall that had to be gone through one script bottle at a time just to be told that my penmanship wasn't to their standard so they let me go. There wasn't a day that they didnt have negative things to say.
Terrible morale, terrible training, and its never managements' problem. Although they cover up a major league screw up by hand delivering a script.and still look like the big hero. What a load of whoha!!
Pros
decent money
Cons
everybody is stricktly for themself, whatch who you talk to. the.politics are wicked.
Express Scripts (formerly Medco Health Solutions) is a dynamic and fast paced company to work for.
Director, Account Management (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, New JerseyAugust 2, 2012
In the 21 years of employment at Medco Health, I have consistently achieved my career goals. The environment is one of collaboration and team work. I have acquired strong leadership skills as I've advanced within the company and I feel that those skills are highly transferable into other industries.

I have formed strong relationships with my colleagues over the years and have learned so much from varying management styles and unique approaches to problem solving.

The most enjoyable part of my position is adding value to the account management organization.
Great Company
Customer Service Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2013
I really liked working for this company. The management was great. Medco really knew how to pick and support great managers. The managers were patient and understanding and really tried to better the work environment through meetings and one on one coaching. The hardest part of the job was lack of variability. If half of my day was doing something else then I would've been a life long employee. Being a customer service pharmacist for the whole day was a bit too much. I have heard non-pharmacists with the same concern. As far as work/life balance this job could not have been better. They offer a great vacation/sick pay package.
Horrible place to work, Irving Texas location
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Irving txJune 24, 2012
I hate working there. They have a terrible supervisory staff. Management is terrible. Job monitoring requirements are stupid. Must have a pause in greeting between name an how may I help you. May I ask a few questions please. This is customer service they know we are going to ask questions. Saying there name three times during call. Summerizing what we have done. They know what we have helped them with. And resolving issues all within 386 seconds. Training is terrible. You get updates either by email or they have placards on the back of every door in the bathroom. TERRIBLE
Pros
union
Cons
money and benefits
It was okay at first..
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 11, 2013
Where do I begin? It was a nice place to work for at first. The pay and benefits were great. The people I worked with were great too. My supervisors were awesome, until one day they fired one of them and moved the other one to a different area. Then they brought in 2 people from the data entry department to be the Pharmacy Tech's new supervisors. It was ridiculous. I am glad I left. The atmosphere was cubicles with no windows, except the break room. You weren't allowed to talk to your co-workers. They started scheduling your lunch and break times for you.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
strict scheduled breaks. didn't like when you took time off.
Express Scripts
Lead Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2015
They are Express Scripts now and closes the plant in Vegas. ESI not as good as Medco. They hate unions. I would not relocate to work for ESI.
Pros
good benefits at medco
Cons
bad benefits at ESI222