Medco Health

Medco Health Employer Reviews

Medco Health--nice place to work when they were functional
Benefit Coverage Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun activities just because...
Cons: sold the company
I enjoyed working for Medco Health from 2001-2012. Unfortunately, they were bought out in 2012 by another company. Everything changed at that time. Medco made things fun and enjoyable. They provided great benefits and great opportunity for advancement. I miss them.
Wonderful company until it was sold
Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great compensation/benefits
Cons: sold to company that did not follow up on use of current employees
Enjoyed working for over 24 years, most of which we had great managers, then culture changed
Stressfull job environment
Pharmacy Technician / Customer Service (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent supervisors
Cons: not customer oriented
Coworkers were very close knit, like a family. Most coworkers were long term workers. Job no longer exists due to reorganization of the company. I used phones to resolve members concerns regarding their prescription needs. worked with irate customers and was able to calm them down. They had Pay for Performance with what I considered unreachable goals.
Order Entry Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2014
I worked with a lot of good people for almost 20 years. We became friends and a part of a family. Still keeping in touch.
Great company to work for
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
good hours and pay but not customer service oriented. Need more recognition for employees efftorts
Productive, Great Place To Work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: customer apprecitaion month, cafeteria on site
Cons: the travel time
My typical work day was answering incoming calls from customers inquiring about their prescriptions. I would order, cancel, and update all of their significant information in order for them to receive their meds in a timely manner.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Aide (Former Employee), 8800 Hidden River Parkway Tampa FloridaJuly 17, 2014
It was a great place to work. Just wished it was still there..
NONE
CLERK (Former Employee), Willingboro, NJJuly 1, 2014
WATCHING CHILDRENS AND FEEEDING THEM,IT IS A DAYCARE PLACE
Great place to work before Express Scripts bought Medco
Registered Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 2, 2014
Great place to work before Express Scripts bought Medco then everything went downhill from there I loved to go to work before that slowly became one of the the worst places I ever worked.
Great company to work for
Prescription benefit manager (Current Employee), irving txMay 22, 2014
great company , great training and great employees the pay and bonuses are also awesome.
Sr. Network Engineer
Mar 2012Network Engineer (Former Employee), NJApril 30, 2014
A Typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2014
My day would consist of completing refills order and answering patient questions regarding their Prescription Drug Plans. It was a great opportunity knowing that I was helping so many people with staying on their daily regime of medications. My supervisors were always knowledgeable and helpful with answers to my questions. but, the best part was when – more... a patient called in with a crisis and I was able to provide quick and accurate service to solve the problem. – less
PBM great place to work
Customer Service Rep, W@H Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2014
Great experience
co-workers were great
good call center to work in.
OK
Jr. Account Manager, National Accounts (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 8, 2014
Did not see a lot of growth in the workplace and not sure company wise
High Volume Call Center
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 6, 2014
Take customer order and check order status. I learned about Medicare D and Medicaid. The hardest part of the job was the hours I was scheduled to work. The most enjoyable part was the positive customer service driven management team.
perfect work schedule
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: schedule and breaks
Cons: being forced to take a break
Work began at 6am and ended at 2:30pm. Research list of potential clients that needed customer service to contact their physicians or had general questions. Contact physicians throughout the day on behalf of the clients. Also worked in the package returns department and re-organized the flow to become more efficient. Co-workers were especially helpful – more... and flexible. The hardest part of the job was witnessing the waste of return meds. The most enjoyable part was pleasing the client. – less
Great place to work..
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free classes, recognition of hard work by awarding wow's to employees for receiving a compliment of any kind, playing bingo, awesome pto accrual
Cons: it's who you know, not what you know.
productive and fun workplace with break rooms, lounge, computers in the break room, free coffee, tea and water. Free continuing education classes to renew your license. plenty of room for parking (parking lot and garage) Awesome pay raises, they have a union, great hours M-F 9 am - 5:30 pm, coaching and training always available, they work with you – more... when you have an emergency...they created a quite work environment, there was always a Pharmacist available for questions. They had a very diverse team of Technicians and pharmacist. You had a chance to meet some really cool people, (lifelong friends) :-) I learned a lot, awesome customer service, name and uses of medications, how to handle irate customers, how to stay calm on a call, no matter how angry the person on the other end became, ect, the best part of the job was that the managers did not stand over your shoulders (very important to me), the work hours and days, being left alone to do my job. There was nothing hard about the job, we always had all of the material needed to excel... – less
Fast-Paced
Coverage Review Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: hard to obtain promotion.
I loved working with the people of this company. However, what I noticed is that is very difficult to achieve promotion if you are not married to someone that holds a position of supervision. It is a complex company with great benefits.
informative and educational
Managed Care Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 29, 2013
Pros: bonus checks and open overtime
Cons: medication educations
I worked for this company for over 15 years and I have seen a lot of growth and I learned a lot from being customer service oriented to giving excellent customer care .
MH
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 11, 2013
Loved working for the ocmpany, lots of benefits and great supervisor support.

1 2 3 4

About Medco Health

Medco Health is the leading provider of comprehensive, quality, affordable prescription drug care in the United States, serving – Read more