Medcor, Inc. Employee Reviews

High turnover, not much to offer in employee benefits
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 23, 2018
High turnover, little opportunity for advancement. Company culture not very professional or diverse, focused mostly on hiring millennials. Benefits are expensive.
things have changed.
Telephonic Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 9, 2018
used to love my job, that changed w/ new mgmt. unfairly terminated, company did not follow their own discipline policy, stated can fire for any reason, did not provide documentation of "coachings" that allegedly occurred, fired for following an unknown and undocumented policy or procedure- in other words, the culture changed and the "old" was let go so the "new" could come in.
Work from home as a NURSE
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILOctober 28, 2017
Medcor is a great company to work for. Management is excellent, and always goes above and beyond. My only complaint is the pay is a little low, but the work from home option makes up for this. Benefits are good, and affordable.
Pros
Management works hard, and does a great job.
Cons
Pay is below average
Medcor - San Diego Zoo
Occupational health tech- paramedic (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 14, 2017
Leadership at the zoo is very poor. The two full time employees that train employees are both very disgruntled employees and it reflects on their poor attitudes. The manager himself displays poor leadership skills and expects things that aren’t possible to achieve. The pay is decent, the hours are long, but I would not recommend working here. Their extremely high turnover rate reflects the poor leadership.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No lunch break, not allowed to leave the office, unresoanlsbe expectations
Mass exodus underway
Corporate Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 10, 2017
It makes me sad to see the direction this company is going. Know going in that this is a family business - if you aren't related to the owners or other top executives, you are very disposable. If you are related, congratulations!! You will be granted a supervisory position and handsome salary, regardless of your experience and knowledge. Complete departments have seen turnover within the past couple years. Instead of replacing key team members, their job duties are simply piled on the remaining workers. You can be granted a promotion if your primary skill is brown-nosing and kissing up - that is the primary way to advance at Medcor. My experience was initially very positive, I loved my job and co-workers. The negative atmosphere has developed within the past two years, but is not acknowledged by management. You can't change what you don't see.
Pros
Encourage healthy living, allow daily walks, many good people
Cons
Toxic culture, high turnover, unrealistic work load
Medcor Review
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILJuly 28, 2017
Medcor is not a bad company to work for. Management seems to want to help but will not listen to solutions. This is a smaller company that is continuing to grow. They do need to hire more help. Workers seem bogged down and very micromanaged.
Pros
Summer BBQ's Wellness program that reimburses
Cons
Management, long hours and stressful workloads
Can be a fun work enviroment but is also very hostile
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 9, 2017
The enviroment in this company can be very hostile, you go in to work never knowing what to expect. Managers are on top of you for petty things such as gossip that goes around that may or not be true and don't focus on what is truely imortant such as working.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Managment
Excelent
Occupational Health Technician (UDS BAT) (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 22, 2017
work with excellent people. Unfortunately when jobs are over it is always uncertain weather or not you will continue with the company.
But overall, the staff are wonderful.
Great Company to work for
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Medcor. I provided services for a demanding client and was succesfull in that endeavor. I feel I had he support I need to be successful. I would work for Medcor again if the opportunity were to present itself.
Pros
Health benefits. Salary.
Cons
Difficult to get time off covered.
Great place to work for
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2016
Great management and more money then the usual low paying EMT jobs, as a per diem you can make your own schedule and there are multiple sites you can bounce around to if that's your thing.
Good for perdiem only
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 23, 2016
The job is okay however there is absolutely NO room for advancement and you are frequently forced to work with out days off for illnesses such as colds or flu unless you can find coverage which is more often than not unavailable, this includes on call phones with no compensation. Refusal to take an on call phone (as I said for free)or needing to take off for a severe emergency more often than not gets your employment threatened. Management is incompetent at best with letting employees be blamed by clients for actions taken at the corporate level, and chronic failures to collect on debts owed placing blam solely on individuals whom are not responsible for financial issues. The company isn't all bad as long as you are using it as a stepping stone and taking it for what it is. A high paying EMS job that will provide no future unless you are a relative of a corporate officer.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Work hours, no coverage, forced to take on call phones for free, chronic back stabbing
An easy going place to work at
EMT-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXApril 29, 2016
Its an easy job with great pay and benefits. You learn alot and test your skills in different environments. You have the option to move from one location to the next and see different parts of the US. The pay you cant beat for being an EMT. Much Opportunity to grow in the company.
Pros
Pay
Excellent pay and per diem
EMT-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXMarch 16, 2016
Has a good working environment and learn new skills. Great place to work for the pay versus working on the ambulance. Has great webinars to learn about the company and their policies and procedures. Also has great assistance if needed.
Pros
pay
Cons
shift work
Fun workplace with great colleagues.
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 3, 2016
The clinic was a great place to work with the best and most respectful and fun colleagues I have ever had the privilege of working with at the clinic. Management was very supportive. I felt that they had my back always. I would work with them again.
Pros
Friday's off.
Cons
Long commute
Great company to work for.
Medical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Vision oriented company with great management support. Great group of support services and departments for administrators in the field. IT service always willing to go the extra mile to get a program up and running as well as fix a problem.
Interesting
Medical Administrator/OnSite Health Technician (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 6, 2016
You need to be very confident in you skills because nobody is around to help you. It is a multicultural setting that is usually slow paced with the looming chance that you will end up working a major trauma by yourself.
great company to work for
Occupational Health Technician / Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, OHDecember 21, 2015
the company is great to work they treat there employees great, my supervisor was very position with me and teaching and gave me a we extar days of training when asked and even when i am on my owe gave me here number so i could call
Cons
mid level pay, lot of paper work
Great company to work for.
Supervisory Medical Administrator - Gunite (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 27, 2015
Over all a great place to work if you like to work independently without someone over your shoulder. Many opportunities to learn so much more than you walk in with that help with advancement or branching off into other areas.
On site work is by contract with the client, so can be "iffy" as far a job security goes, however, most contracts are very long term.
Pros
Good pay, Interesting work
Cons
Depending on Ops manager, can feel isolated and "on your own" too much.
Flexibility for a mom
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 19, 2015
I have learned a lot in my time at Medcor. I have learned many new skills, and how to run an entire office. My boss is very easy to get along with and understanding of personal situations.
Great People, Complex work duties made my job FUN!
Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 20, 2015
I would like to offer your Company 12+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Office duties. When I first started with Medcor the Finance department consisted of 1 A/R Manager, 1 Payroll Specialist, and 1 A/R-A/P Specialist, and the total number of Employees was 25. (I performed the duties of the A/R-A/P Specialist). Over the years the Company grew to a team of 12 Employees in the Finance Department, and over 150 Employees in the entire Corporate Office. Medcor gave me the opportunity to learn how to start from a small company, and create job procedures as the Company grew. Over the years I created the procedures for over 250 clients that Medcor had contracted with, relating to A/R and A/P job duties. I trained 5 new employees, who replaced me in some of these duties due to the Companies growth. I have learned how to create procedures that produce timely results, and how to look at those procedures and change any steps that are unnecessary. I would review all of the entries from these 5 new employees to process month close, while always ensuring that the A/R and A/P tie back to the General Ledger.

During my time with Medcor, I worked closely with the IT Department to implement a new billing system that was created internally within the Company. I would run test programs and troubleshoot problems, while working with IT to develop a ideal system to bill our Clients for our Medical Services.
Pros
Excellent Supervisor!! Great Staff!!!
Cons
45 min drive to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medcor, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.