Medcor, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work alone
MA (Former Employee) –  Metro City USAJanuary 31, 2017
You are left to fend for yourself. The company is awful at getting PRN staff. As an MA you are married to your site. No days off & you are required to work every hour the site is open. The pay is good but you have no time for anything but work.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No back up staff
Good for perdiem only
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 23, 2016
The job is okay however there is absolutely NO room for advancement and you are frequently forced to work with out days off for illnesses such as colds or flu unless you can find coverage which is more often than not unavailable, this includes on call phones with no compensation. Refusal to take an on call phone (as I said for free)or needing to take off for a severe emergency more often than not gets your employment threatened. Management is incompetent at best with letting employees be blamed by clients for actions taken at the corporate level, and chronic failures to collect on debts owed placing blam solely on individuals whom are not responsible for financial issues. The company isn't all bad as long as you are using it as a stepping stone and taking it for what it is. A high paying EMS job that will provide no future unless you are a relative of a corporate officer.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Work hours, no coverage, forced to take on call phones for free, chronic back stabbing
An easy going place to work at
EMT-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXApril 29, 2016
Its an easy job with great pay and benefits. You learn alot and test your skills in different environments. You have the option to move from one location to the next and see different parts of the US. The pay you cant beat for being an EMT. Much Opportunity to grow in the company.
Pros
Pay
Excellent pay and per diem
EMT-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXMarch 16, 2016
Has a good working environment and learn new skills. Great place to work for the pay versus working on the ambulance. Has great webinars to learn about the company and their policies and procedures. Also has great assistance if needed.
Pros
pay
Cons
shift work
Fun workplace with great colleagues.
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 3, 2016
The clinic was a great place to work with the best and most respectful and fun colleagues I have ever had the privilege of working with at the clinic. Management was very supportive. I felt that they had my back always. I would work with them again.
Pros
Friday's off.
Cons
Long commute
Great company to work for.
Medical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Vision oriented company with great management support. Great group of support services and departments for administrators in the field. IT service always willing to go the extra mile to get a program up and running as well as fix a problem.
Interesting
Medical Administrator/OnSite Health Technician (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 6, 2016
You need to be very confident in you skills because nobody is around to help you. It is a multicultural setting that is usually slow paced with the looming chance that you will end up working a major trauma by yourself.
great company to work for
Occupational Health Technician / Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, OHDecember 21, 2015
the company is great to work they treat there employees great, my supervisor was very position with me and teaching and gave me a we extar days of training when asked and even when i am on my owe gave me here number so i could call
Cons
mid level pay, lot of paper work
Great company to work for.
Supervisory Medical Administrator - Gunite (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 27, 2015
Over all a great place to work if you like to work independently without someone over your shoulder. Many opportunities to learn so much more than you walk in with that help with advancement or branching off into other areas.
On site work is by contract with the client, so can be "iffy" as far a job security goes, however, most contracts are very long term.
Pros
Good pay, Interesting work
Cons
Depending on Ops manager, can feel isolated and "on your own" too much.
Flexibility for a mom
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 19, 2015
I have learned a lot in my time at Medcor. I have learned many new skills, and how to run an entire office. My boss is very easy to get along with and understanding of personal situations.
Great People, Complex work duties made my job FUN!
Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 20, 2015
I would like to offer your Company 12+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Office duties. When I first started with Medcor the Finance department consisted of 1 A/R Manager, 1 Payroll Specialist, and 1 A/R-A/P Specialist, and the total number of Employees was 25. (I performed the duties of the A/R-A/P Specialist). Over the years the Company grew to a team of 12 Employees in the Finance Department, and over 150 Employees in the entire Corporate Office. Medcor gave me the opportunity to learn how to start from a small company, and create job procedures as the Company grew. Over the years I created the procedures for over 250 clients that Medcor had contracted with, relating to A/R and A/P job duties. I trained 5 new employees, who replaced me in some of these duties due to the Companies growth. I have learned how to create procedures that produce timely results, and how to look at those procedures and change any steps that are unnecessary. I would review all of the entries from these 5 new employees to process month close, while always ensuring that the A/R and A/P tie back to the General Ledger.

During my time with Medcor, I worked closely with the IT Department to implement a new billing system that was created internally within the Company. I would run test programs and troubleshoot problems, while working with IT to develop a ideal system to bill our Clients for our Medical Services.
Pros
Excellent Supervisor!! Great Staff!!!
Cons
45 min drive to work
Excellent company
Administrative Assistant/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2015
I have been an employee of Medcor for over 5 years. Benefits are great. Management is terrific. Job security is a sure deal breaker.
Teller
Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILNovember 22, 2014
I would take over 100 transactions a day and be friendly and I also learned a lot about confidentiality. The cons of this job is it went by fast because we airways think. The pros iswjat we used in the have expecr
Great management
Occupational Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 10, 2014
My job is to treat and prevent workplace injuries. My managers at Cummins and Target were wonderful. I really enjoyed learning a different aspect of the medical field, the prevention side.
Took a chance
Occupational Health Technician/EMT (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMay 1, 2014
When I first started here I had to prove myself to be the one to be hired as there were two other applicants more qualified than I was. Fast forward to today I have proven myself worth to the company. The work day varies as does any medical clinic. Some good days, some bad. I enjoy caring for the sick and injured. I have excelled in my job duties here and feel I have learned a great deal over the course of my 13 years. I love the fact that I am valued by those I am here to care for. I respect them and they respect me. It is a great working relationship.
A great company to work for
LPN Per-Diem (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 14, 2013
I have enjoyed working for this company! The atmosphere is great and I get to help others!
Distribution center and work place
Occupational Health Nurse Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 26, 2013
A typical day was to make contact with all team members needing any advice or to seen for medical reasons. To make contact with all involved in workers compensation and review any restrictions. as needed.
To do all audiograms , review results, and if any shift noted to refer them to the ENT doctor as needed.
Review all safety issues , meet with team members needing any questions.
Pros
Team members very caring and easing to work with.
Cons
n/a
Good company
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Current Employee) –  Dallas TXAugust 26, 2013
Medcor is a great copany, although as an EMT PRN position i is hard to get enough hours at times to make it worth working. Low pay as an EMT in Dallas. other areas pay much more. This I feel ia a management issue. If you are lucky enough to have a full time job benifits and pay are great.

I enjoy the job,coworkers and my boss. Just wish thre were more hours and the pay was better.
Pros
PRN, pick your ow schedule
Cons
PRN, not enough hours
Extensive travel and meeting new people
Safety Coordinator/Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  ILJuly 24, 2013
I work long hours. Enjoyed managing my employees and interacting with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could prevent injuries and treat injuries and to insure they returned to work in a productive atmosphere.
Pros
People worked with
Cons
Time at home
True fairness to Patient and Client at a busy site.
EMT-I (Former Employee) –  Okc, OkJune 24, 2013
Very active and busy from open to closing time fairness and true concern for all from minor cut to any level of injury. Everyone treated the same in random drug testing from the most senior client rep on sight to the newest applicant or contractor. A true team effort with safety staff as well as contractors special needs staff.
Pros
Great pay for area true team effort
Cons
Job can end any time relocation for new jobs several states away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medcor, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2