MedCorp Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work
Ambulette Driver (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 24, 2016
I transported paitents to and from doctor apptments. on a regular basis. would do this kind of work again if givin the opportunity. it was wheel chair transport work.
very unorganized
Patient Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 3, 2015
Not managed professionally. Probably the reason for their closing.
Co- workers were great and trained professionally. Typical day was busy at times, extremely slow at others but overall enjoyable.
Good place to make collaborative efforts
Vice President of Clinical Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 28, 2015
I would say that they have chosen to take their business in a route that did not have a long-term future for someone performing my job.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No support in critical areas
I'd Rather Not
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 19, 2015
Wasn't fun at all , and then the company just up and folded up, closed the doors...Need I Say More...There is nothing else to be said.
Pros
experience
Cons
where do i begin
Good bye MedCorp
Senior Staff Radiographer / QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 27, 2014
MedCorp was a great place to work. Unfortunately, they ran into some financial issues, and had to close their doors. I was employed with them for 12 years.
Pros
great managemtnt and benifits package
Cons
the went bankrupt
Mobile x-ray
Radiologic Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 18, 2014
Was hired to cover vactions of other techs only a six month job that they did not tell me
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2014
It is a very productive work place i really liked the people but there was no opportunity to grow in the company operational manager does not know how to manage he is not people savy only thing he is good for is numbers doesnt try to help his employess out and is a totall lier
Company Closed 12-2013
Fleet Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2013
They closed their doors on Dec. 6, 2013. I got a phone call that same night at 8pm from my boss stating that they ceased operations and you no longer have a job. Management ran the company into the ground. All the employees who worked there never received their last paycheck. This company wasn't paying vendors or anyone. I gave this company 9-1/2 years of my life. Not such a good place anymore !!!
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
health care was unaffordable, they took away paid holidays, no uniforms
Productive and Fun workplace
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2013
i learned how to sand, paint, shippign and receiving process adn as well as technical skills.

i love working with my coworkers they help me out in anything they are friendly and very chill and cool people.

the most enjoyable time o .the job is lunch time
Laid back management style, fun group of people.
Paramedic / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 19, 2013
Mostly BLS transports out of extended care facilities. Mornign start off with a truck check and a call into dispatch, then 3-4 transports per 8 hours. Management is very approachable and laid back. Majority of the employees are knowledgeable and willing to assist with any questions. Hardest part of the job is long distance driving and bariatric patients. The most enjoyable part is interaction with my co-workers.
Pros
medic pay, vacation time, laid back management style
Cons
inexperienced dispatch, mediocre benefits
Stressful
Ambulette Billing Specialist & A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 10, 2013
Medcorp was an interesting company to work for. I manage to learned many different tasks from AR to wheelchair billing, with many small tasks in between. The managers were very friend, but they seemed to be extremely overwhelmed at times. I enjoyed my job and working with all of my co-workers, if there was ever a problem or a struggle they were always sure to step in to help someone out.
Pros
good leaders
Cons
a lot of secrets within the office
Family /Group/good people
Electronic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed working at Medcorp it was educational. the management was fair to employees and rewarding for good work and extra effort
Low paying and no job security
Ambulette Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 17, 2013
Well it was once a great place to work for with many benefits. Over the the years as the economy took a hit the effect were very apparent with losing the great incentives that kept you from thinking of the low wages. With the company being sold the local contracts were slowly dwindling.
Pros
independent work enviroment
Cons
lost of to many contracts in the area
Great work invironment
EMT- Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 2, 2013
Spend most of your day riding around in ambulance doing runs. Fun people to work with.
Pros
work fun events
Cons
not many breaks
There is not enough good stuff you could say about this company
Refurbishment Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2013
Everything about this place is great. The people treat you as family, pay was great, work ethics in this place is off change
Pros
free heath, great atmosphere
Reliable company
Ambulette Driver (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 13, 2013
alot of days very busy an most days layed back.
my over all experince is that i have learned to be more considerate of others
poor moral
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 6, 2013
long hrs poor pay and poor managment ill equipted for the run volume and type of pts.
Pros
the exp. you gain
Cons
managment has a poor core value
Work on your own with little or no supervision.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 8, 2013
Very good place to work, busy and fast paced. I would recommend this type of EMS to up and comers, to get an idea of what it is all about.
Pros
stable work environment
A great team of EMT's and Medic's who are their for the patients they transport
EMT (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OhioDecember 17, 2012
A typical work day starts out by doing a truck check to make sure that all supplies are present and working. Once the truck check is completed, dispatch is then notified of shift statistics, who is working for the day, mileage, etc. The day then consists of transporting patients to and from appointments and hospitals while providing basic life support or advanced life support to the patient. Run reports are completed during and after transports. Constant communciation with your partner and dispatch is required throughout your shift. At the end of your shift, communication with the relieving shift is done.
I have learned that you will have have 2 patients/runs that are going to go exactly the same. I have met many interesting individuals while transporting them.
Management is there to help you out with any questions/concerns you may have throughout your shift.
You have to get along with your co-workers. Their are no if's, and's, or but's about it. Your patients rely on you and your partner.
The hardest part of the job is knowing that some of these patients are dying.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a patients day, by listening to them as you are transporting them to or from an appointment.
don't do private ambulance work unless you DESPERATELY need a job
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 15, 2012
if you want to work your behind off at a thankless job, come here. work is consistent, and pay is decent if you're a medic. plenty of overtime available which is the only thing that makes this place worthwhile. likewise, there is so much overtime because no one likes the place enough to stick around. pays weekly. incompetent management, absolutely pathetic dispatching. not worth your time except for a short-term job in between career opportunities.
Pros
pay, overtime availability
Cons
everything else