MedData Employee Reviews

i dont recomend unless u are superman/woman or no kids
Paitent Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 31, 2017
Meddata is fine to work at if you kiss butt or you don't have a terminal illness. you get sick. to bad. you get hurt when its their fault. they do the bare minimum to help you. the point system is a bunch of bs. the only way I recommend it is if you have no heart and no life outside of work. most enjoyable part of the job. the shift was over.
Pros
work parties
Cons
meddata
The best job EVER!
Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 24, 2017
I don't know how anyone could rate this job as unsatisfactory by any means. I've worked in places and they don't even compare to MedData. MedData shows compassion, care, friendliness and everyone is so very helpful. I've never seen a better team and a company that loves their employees more than them. It's an awesome job and the high-pace does keep you busy.
Pros
Awesome work support, superior training and great benefits
Cons
Too small of a lunchroom, but no other cons
Relaxed but lacking in vision.
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 23, 2017
The atmosphere is calm and friendly but there is a definite lack of goal-oriented progression. Lack of focus means that much of the time is used to meander between problems and enhancements.
Pros
Casual dress, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of real challenges
Overall employee evaluation.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2017
Paychecks not dependably received. Lack of work at times. Work not consistently given for specific accounts. Inconsistent in all aspects of the work. Very stressful.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2017
Overall I loved this job. Co workers were easy to get along with, and they gave out free lunch. They always have spirit week, always made you very at home.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful
Full-time Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 11, 2017
Being the receptionist was stressful because you had to deal with the public who can be mean and unpleasant. Most enjoyable were the employees. Benefits were acceptable.
Pros
recognition
Cons
public
Not a enjoyable place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2017
MedData was previously owned by DMI and before it was bought out it was a wonderful company to work for with excellent benefits and an all around team effort culture. Since it was bought out by MedData everything went away and the culture was completely different. You didn't feel like you were working as a team, benefits decreased along with the pay. The moral was very negative and the other locations were top priority. Then once our jobs were going overseas we knew that our days were numbered and no communication about anything within the company. The worse part for me is when I had to train over the phone to employees from a third party billing company in India. It was extremely difficult to keep an positive attitude. Management needed a lot more training or didn't belong there.
Pros
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
Extremely limited holiday pay, no communication. At times the expectation of an employee was impossible in a 8 hr day.
Productive yet very unhappy work environment. Poor management.
Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2017
Ive been here for over 3 yrs and have made great money but feel I am now stuck where I am at. Management does not make changes for unhappy employees..
Over worked under appreciated..
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 21, 2017
The more you do the more they want. You can never get your work load done no matter how hard you try because they are always adding more to your work load. I felt like they were always looking at people as numbers not as humans; the employees and clients.
Pros
They don't fire people it seems
Cons
Too much work, underappreciated, under paid
Applied for Disability Advocate
Disability Advocate (Former Employee) –  Woodlands TexasJuly 19, 2017
This company is ridiculous. I applied a couple weeks ago . I get a phone screening which was good . Then I get a call last Friday to come in for a interview for today Wednesday at nine . when I arrive the representative tell me that they DO NOT do face to face interviews. Which I wasted my time and gas to go up there and the representative advices that the position is filed . I believe this company is a joke and is raciest . DO NOT APPLY HERE .
Management is a Joke
Third Party Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 10, 2017
They provide a false idea that there is opportunity to grow with the company. You will try to move up and apply for better positions when they rarely come up. And they will give you lame excuses as to why you wont work. For example; you like to resolve issues regarding accounts in a timely manner is a bad trait for a team lead position there. You can be the most dependable employee and it means nothing.
It's just a J.O.B.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 9, 2017
I come in and don't rock the boat with the management, those that do are not long in the position. The most difficult part of this job is office politics get that down or stay above the fray and you're golden. The most enjoyable parts of this job are leaving at the end of the day, and the weekend.
Pros
weekends
Cons
management
Only Caucasians Welcomed
Management (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 30, 2017
The employer and employees in management are racist! They only employ and promote Hispanic or Caucasian employees. Any outsider is not welcome unless they brown nose. Be forewarned.
Pros
Only if you are caucasian
Cons
If you are not Caucasian
MedData
Intake Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Bay, CAJune 23, 2017
Working with MedData is a balanced work/life environment. Training and mentoring are utilized to the fullest to educate the new employees on expectations of their job requirements.
Work here if you like to play politics!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 21, 2017
This place has no communication, learned that if you dont play their game you get no where. Mannagement is two faced, if you are not part of their click they make your time here a living unbearable and you only see them or talk to them when you get fired. Supervisors only promote because they are next in line to promote, not because they have the knowledge. Hardest part of the job is never feeling appreciated! My most enjoyable part of the job was going home and geeting paid.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, no recognition, no communication, no empowerment at all.
Busy
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2017
Love my workplace and the people I attend to on a daily basis. I love helping my patient's and talking to them everyday. Hardest part of the job is dealing with social workers and case management who think every case is important and the referrals are bogus.
insurance billing
PSR (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 13, 2017
Helping patient with accounts was a challenge but enjoyable. I learned a lot about insurance billing, what to look for to help the patient account. I believe standards with put on us that could not be met and do you job. I believe management sometimes forgot they were psr at one time. Trying to help a patient with an account that is missing so much information. I did enjoyed knowing when a patient hung up, they were satisfied how I handle the account and that I was able to educated them.
Pros
Some managment was awesome, good benefits and pay
Cons
attendance policy, mangement skills
Good professed core values
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 31, 2017
Good professed core values, with an emphasis on helping the patients we met every day. Sometimes difficult due to the subjectivity of the Medicaid and disability application review processes.
nice break and lunch room when you got one
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 29, 2017
Depends on who you are. Some management promoted in past were not given good reviews. Failed compliance test but still promoted. Trying to make quota requirements, Higher management VERY judgmental and prejudice to certain cultures. HATED MY TIME WHEN MANAGMENT CHANGED THREE TIMES.
Pros
Nice office space that's it
Cons
Chained to your desk. Depends on who you are how you are treated. WOULD not suggest to anyone
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
MedData is a great place to work for. It will introduce you to the healthcare industry and you will learn so much. Assisting patients with the high end technology that MedData provides is very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedData. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9