MedExpress

MedExpress Employee Reviews

Great place to work and be a patient
FOA (Current Employee), Conway, ARMay 28, 2015
I have been working for medexpress for a little over 2 months. I love the overall job, and I love the way that we are trained to treat out patients. I have not seen a patient wait for that 15minutes in the waiting room the entire time I have been here. Very fast a friendly service, and a great company to work for! I am very happy to be a part of this team. the only reason I am posting my resume, is to look for a 2nd part time job, or perhaps a full time, seeing as I am now only in a casual position here.
Long hours and low compensation
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), DelawareMay 26, 2015
Pros: the kitchen stays stocked with snacks and food since you are there for 12 hours.
Cons: EVERYTHING
It's 12 hour days with not a lot of support from management. The manager is very unprofessional and tells everyone's business. There is no support from rude and threatening patients. The pay is low with no place for advancement. It's very clickish with management. HR is part of the group so its really no where to turn with complaints
excuse my french but this place is a s**t hole! don't apply
f.o.a. (Current Employee), butlerMay 16, 2015
Pros: people i work with not corporate..
Cons: longer than 12 hrs sometime 14. never out on time
i am a f.o.a. at med express when i first started i learned pretty fast and caught on very quick.. between the patient flow and being alone for almost all of my shifts! and the poor managment statis.well you got a couple things wrong with this job.. first is the under pay!!! a big big #1 in my book is bottom pay for the work we do.. and on top of that is the constant slaps in the face for so called "raises" wow .12 cents for an amazing job is like telling me that "hey you did awesome i make the big bucks i couldn't eat my burger here have the crumbs"! seriously?? and also the talk of company goals? that wwe have to keep a patients credit or debit card on file to cover any charges up to $150.00 if the insurance doesnt cover it.. it's a scam. and all i get day in and day out is complaints about it.. so if we don't sell up to 70% of meds. or 70% in contracts we can be terminated. well i wasnt hired on as a salesman.. in sales! im here to register patients correctly and bill thier insurance!"great care fast " not "take your cash!, or out on your a**!" between all that and the working by yourself constantly , under staffed.. and under paid.. job is only good for one thing!! NOTHING!!!! company is only out for money charging the insurances outragioush amounts when it only costs a patient without insuance up to $200.00? and billing insurance up to $2,000 dollars?? something is wrong with that picture..okay so i am writting a noval ? big deal not a great company they will s**Ton you any chance that they get and never give you any respect at all, and will replace youl in a sec with another unknowing vicitim !! so f*** it im oout when i get my new job here soon!!
Acquired a great deal of management experience
Center Manager (Current Employee), Belle Vernon, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Too many responsibilities on center managers; not enough care shown from executive management
Thanks to MedExpress and my immediate supervisor, I acquired a great deal of management knowledge and experience over the last several years. The most difficult part of this job is having to wear so many hats and play so many roles at any given time. I am a "people" manager moreso than a "numbers" manager. While budgets are important, working with and respecting your staff goes a long way. Showing employees that, although you are their supervisor, you are also a part of their team, is a major part of what has made my clinic so successful.
New job!
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, INApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Long hours and no breaks!!
I've just started at Med Ecpress in Lafayette, IN AND IM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS POSITION!! Lots of work to learn and management expects you to catch on immediately!!

I'm trying very hard to learn everything, but very difficult because of the flow of patients coming in and trying to learn at the same time! I hope I catch on and I think I will! My co-workers think I'm doing great and that really helps me with my encouragement!!
Good Company
Dispatcher/data entry (Former Employee), broomfieldApril 3, 2015
Pros: learned alot
enjoyed working there however hours were not enough and hours were cut. routing drivers out of state using gps was different.
Fun workplace
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lewistown, PAApril 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working at MedExpress. All the employee really got along well and we worked together well. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the drive home in the dark. I learned how to get along with a younger group of adults.
Former Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, PAApril 1, 2015
Pros: 3 day work week
Cons: Quantity instead of Quality Staffing Promotions
When I begin at Med Express I could not brag enough about the culture, leadership and work load. However after approximately 1 to 1 1/2 years into my employment many things had changed. Managers came and went, each worse than the last. Many of the Managers had no Clinical experience, only buisness experience. Needless to say decisions and changes where based on Financial and Fiscal basis not patient outcomes or Employee satisfaction. The one thing that bothered me the most was regardless of the reason you needed to be off work it was unacceptable. FMLA ~ Nope not good enough. Surgery No way unacceptable. My daughter was in labor and I was told I had to find my own coverage, after calling multiple clinics and RN's I still could not find coverage, finally my manager said she would find someone? My husband had to have emergency exploratory surgery ~ I had to leave before he came out of recovery because there was no one to cover me! Just the beginning of my issues with this company. Needless to say I worked with an RN who was new to our clinic, who disappeared on a routine basis in clinc and always appeared to be busy and yet never did any of the RN's duties while she was there. Multiple complaints from the techs and MA's even Providers went on without resolution~ Surprisingly she was given the Lead RN position! Why? because she was a warm body who was physically present on demand because she had no Family at home and recently purchased a new home and was working as much as possible to get overtime. Unbelievable so my take on this is Quantity not Quality is the goal of this company. Sadly this is what occurs when you multiply and become a huge corporation. Money talks and High Performing Staff suffer.
Nice to work at; unstable regulations
Medical Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free snacks and drinks
Cons: Sometimes, no breaks
Love the job and the co-workers, but the rules change with the wind to suit the situations. Not enough consistency. I love working just three 12-hour shifts a week and being off for 4 days. There is a lot of employee turnover.
DON'T WORK HERE! IT'S THE WORSE PLACE I EVER WORKED!
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), New Castle, DelawareMarch 27, 2015
As a Front Office Assistant the pay is too low for how much they want you to do and how hard they want you to work. I was never trained how to do my job properly. The other front office Assistants were rude and mean. As well as unfriendly to patients and never wanted to help me when I had questions. I worked there for 4 months and within that time frame we had 3 different managers come and go!! So there was no support from Management when there were issues in the clinic. They make you sell over priced Meds to patients who already have medicaid just so they could meet their "quota". Also, they make you ask every patient to sign up for "Convenient" pay with their debit card so if the patient doesn't have something covered by their insurance they can charge their card however much they want! They tell you in the interview that you will work 12 hr shifts but you usually work 13/14 hrs because the office assistant can't leave until the last patient is gone. It's the worse place I ever worked. NEVER WORK FOR MED EXPRESS IN NEW CASTLE, DELAWARE BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!
Overall A Good Place To Work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: only work 3 days a week (12 hr shifts), friendly teammates for the most part, flexible schedule
Cons: the pay is a bit less than what you would expect for this type of position, lack of communication between management
I worked as a Front Office Assistant with MedExpress for over 2 years. Overall it is a good company to work for. The first year and a half were very good. However, during my last 6 months with the company, our particular center was under new management, and things began to go downhill from there. At least for me personally, as well as several of my co-workers who felt the same way.
GREAT JOB!
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Hollins, VaMarch 16, 2015
MedExpress is a wonderful company to work for: compensation is on point, beyond excellent benefits, and a very friendly atmosphere.
Awesome Place To Work
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Watchung, NJMarch 11, 2015
Friendly Environment. The employees treat you like family. Working here you never have to feel like you are working by yourself, because everyone helps each other.
Please don't do it!
Physician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: they paid me and had health insurance.
Cons: hostile work environment; not always observant of required laws
Everyone needs to know that every employee at MedExpress is Prohibited from providing references. This is a written policy in their employee manual. What this means is, if you work there, you are creating a black hole in your resume that will be there Forever. You'd be better off spending time in prison or a drug/alcohol rehab facility. At least there someone would be able to let a future employer know about who you are, how you have been doing, etc. This issue concerns all employees who need to work, but is Especially of concern for physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses. Most of us work hard, do a great job, and need that hard work acknowledged so that future employers know that their patients are going to be safe and well-cared for.
The CEO doesn't seem to care what goes on in his company.
Urgent Care at its Best
Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee), New Castle, DEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: consistent work environment and resources
Cons: long shifts, many required shifts per month
Would have stayed longer, but found another position closer to home with slightly better pay and that didn't require so many (14+ monthly shifts) and that had 8-hour instead of 12-hour shifts. Excellent choice for an uncomplicated medical career.
Fast paced
Lead Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: never get out on time.
Quality healthcare, fast. Work as a team to get patient's in and out in 45 minutes. Caring staff, very hardworking people.
MedExpress Corporate Offices
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Canonsburg Administrative OfficesJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: professional staff
Cons: no healthcare
The office environment is professional and friendly.
Fast paced
best job i've ever had.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great environment, career job
Cons: none to think of
I loved working here as an office assistant. everyday was something new. all of the employees got along and got the job done!
I enjoy working at medexpress! Friendly people, full time is only 3 days a week, the manager is awesome and front office is relaxed (sometimes)
front office assistant (Current Employee), waynesburg, paJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great management, 3 days a week are awesome, free snacks, friendly coworkers, laid back (sometimes)
Cons: 12 hour shifts, weekends, short breaks, expensive benefits, half hour lunch
I enjoy working at medexpress. I work with friendly people, Everyone has a positive work ethic, I have an awesome manager. Full time is considered 3, 12 hour shifts a week. Part time is 2, 12 hour shifts a week and every other weekend you work.. Not too fond of 12 hour shifts or weekends. PTO takes a while to gain, only half hour lunches and 2, 15 minute breaks a day. Overall, I enjoy working at medexpress.
Horrible place to work!
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free snacks provided by company, 3 day work week
Cons: low pay for work expected from employee, no room for advancement, short breaks, expensive health benefits, long hours, made you sell their way more expensive meds, no management support
They suck you in with only having to work 3 days a week, but those are generally 13-14 hour days. Center manager was always in her office behind closed doors on 'conference calls.' The breaks are to short for the length of day you worked (and if you were busy, good luck getting breaks). Management left at 4:30 or 5 leaving no one able to help with issues after that time (and she never answered her cell phone when called). Always significantly short staffed. Over charging patients for visits. Made us try to meet 'quota' by selling medicines that were drastically marked up in price and not run through insurance. Made us put patient's credit card on file so if the bill wasn't filed right, they could just charge the card. Pay was horrible! Don't have a life outside of work because they will want you to fill in shifts at your center or other surrounding centers at a moments notice.

1 2 3 4 5

About MedExpress

MedExpress, an Optum company, is a national leader in delivering high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patient-centric – Read more

MedExpress Salaries