MedExpress Employee Reviews

It is a fun place to work! Great co-workers aside from one R.N.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 27, 2017
The staff is knowledgeable and most get along with each other. The pay is horrible for what you are expected to do. The benefits are good and working 12 hour days allows for more days off! Nobody seems to have that I'm better then you attitude and the providers are down to earth. Management needs some work. Nobody wants to address issues brought up repeatedly and it just causes stress and unhappiness in the work environment.
Pros
more days off/ good benefits
Cons
poor pay rate and management is lacking
Fast paced environment
Front Office Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAMarch 24, 2017
MedExpress is a fun, fast-paced environment that I enjoy working at. However, they are not very flexible with the schedule. I got hired to work 2 days a week, but they are scheduling me 3-4 days a week.
Love Med express
Medical Assistant, Lab (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 21, 2017
I love working for med express urgent care I started out full time but stepped down to casual because I decided to relocate I did not want to stop working for the company so I took a step down just to keep them in my life
Pros
great care fast
Fast pace and friendly
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 16, 2017
A lot of room for growth. Treated employees well. Everyone worked together well in a group setting. Everyone helped each other solve any unanswered question. Kept employees educated.
Ugent Care
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 10, 2017
I love working at the Urgent care I am at I am just looking for something New , I really enjoy my Co-workers but I am looking for maybe management or something else with more experience
fun place to work, coworkers are awesome
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 10, 2017
fun place to work, coworkers are awesome. pay is okay, but they have awesome benefits. the one draw back is having to work at least two weekends and at least 3 holidays throughout the year.
MedExpress
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 8, 2017
Great company to work for. Days included answering phones greeting patients taking information and routine office work. Great people, great patients. There was no hard part to this job.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 27, 2017
They management and owners care more about how many clinics they can build instead of employee morale and patient care. They change rules every day. Rarely had time for breaks or lunch. They provided uniforms and snacks. They didn't care if you got sick you had to find your own coverage, the pay was horrible, even being there for 5 years still didn't make a whole dollar raise when being told I was one of the best employees. They allowed people who couldn't spell or put in incorrect information time and time again to stay working after multiple warnings, but if you were sick enough to need a CT scan you got written up. There is a lot more I could say but then I'd be here all night. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for the clinics, Corporate gets treated way better. Not worth the stress.
Nice place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Busy work environment, management is understanding - nice to work with, MedExpress takes care of their employees. Good benefits, snacks in the breakroom!
Good Company
Director of Employer Health and Wellness Services (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Good company with a progressive attitude. Their expansion plan is very aggressive and is a lofty goal. Overall, well managed.
Positive work environment
Lead Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tarentum, PAFebruary 12, 2017
My daily routine at work is continuous flow of 80-90 patients ranging with complaints of sore throat to chest pain, anaphylaxis, allergy injections, etc.
I have learned to manage to flow of a busy urgent care center and am able to manage the staff and patients efficiently.

Workplace culture is relaxed but very busy.

Hardest part of my current job is the long days that usually end up being 13 hour days that I work 3 days a week.

Most enjoyable part of my current job is when a patient states they feel better because of something I did.
great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Medexpres is a great company to work for. There is also something new and different. I get to experience many different aspects of health care in the urgent care setting.
Not the best to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 29, 2017
I thought that working at an urgent care center would be great. At first, it was, until the manager up and left one day and we never got a replacement. Managers from other offices would come in and out but we never had a set one. Made it hard to do the job sometimes. Difficult dealing with many companies for workmens comp, physicals, etc.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Extended hours
great learning experience
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 20, 2017
overall the company is great to work for. pay is average, benefits and 401k are great. great staff. long hours at times. at times short staffed. great doctors and mid-levels.
benefits
Cons
extended hours at times. short staff sometimes.
Should be great, but sadly not....
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 20, 2017
The business model is solid but sadly this version of Retail Medicine aka Doc in a Box is not great. The turn over is high. Employees are not treated with respect. Management reminds me of high school girls who have been given a little bit of power. The employees themselves are knowledgeable and great, but management is horrid. I would not say that MedExpress everywhere is this bad, but the Monroe location is about to have it's 5th manager in just over a year.
Pros
Free food, decent insurance, 3 day work week
Cons
Management, lack of guidance, favortism, work place humilitation
would never go back
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 6, 2017
By far one of the worst working environments I've ever had the misfortune of being in. The company does not care about it's employees, I sat in the building with no power/heat on a below 0 degree day, once without the use of water (for sanitary reasons alone this is not ok). As an x-ray tech, I did everything the nurse did with a quarter of the pay. Oh, and we were not permitted to leave the premises so I hope you don't need lunch, they are supposed to supply food in the break room, but that's often scarce. Management is unconcerned with staff dynamics, so any issues between staff typically goes unresolved. After months of anxiety and discussions with no result, I left and will no amount of money would ever make me go back.
fun place to work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJanuary 4, 2017
it was a really nice place to learn and growth, the best part of working there was my coworkers. we have 12h shift 3 days a week so having a good environment made it really easy
Pros
great people
Cons
long hours shift
Overall Good Company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PADecember 23, 2016
I have great co-workers. I have had good managers at the centers I have worked at. Most days are busy, which makes the days go fast. Hardest part of the job is when we are busy trying to prioritize your time to the patients who need your help the most. Which in reality is not hard to do, if your a person who can prioritize effectively.
Pros
Good working envirnment
great place to work
Registered Radiologic Technologist/ MA (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MADecember 21, 2016
everyone is friendly and helpful!

what a great place to be apart of!

learning a lot as I go on with triaging patients and taking cultures
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 12, 2016
The hardest part of the job is the pay is a little bit low, would like higher pay due to my experience level. People are nice and work well together.
Pros
less stressful
Cons
pay not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9