MedExpress

MedExpress Employer Reviews

GREAT JOB!
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Hollins, VaMarch 16, 2015
MedExpress is a wonderful company to work for: compensation is on point, beyond excellent benefits, and a very friendly atmosphere.
Awesome Place To Work
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Watchung, NJMarch 11, 2015
Friendly Environment. The employees treat you like family. Working here you never have to feel like you are working by yourself, because everyone helps each other.
Please don't do it!
Physician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: they paid me and had health insurance.
Cons: hostile work environment; not always observant of required laws
Everyone needs to know that every employee at MedExpress is Prohibited from providing references. This is a written policy in their employee manual. What this means is, if you work there, you are creating a black hole in your resume that will be there Forever. You'd be better off spending time in prison or a drug/alcohol rehab facility. At least there someone would be able to let a future employer know about who you are, how you have been doing, etc. This issue concerns all employees who need to work, but is Especially of concern for physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses. Most of us work hard, do a great job, and need that hard work acknowledged so that future employers know that their patients are going to be safe and well-cared for.
The CEO doesn't seem to care what goes on in his company.
Urgent Care at its Best
Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee), New Castle, DEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: consistent work environment and resources
Cons: long shifts, many required shifts per month
Would have stayed longer, but found another position closer to home with slightly better pay and that didn't require so many (14+ monthly shifts) and that had 8-hour instead of 12-hour shifts. Excellent choice for an uncomplicated medical career.
Fast paced
Lead Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: never get out on time.
Quality healthcare, fast. Work as a team to get patient's in and out in 45 minutes. Caring staff, very hardworking people.
MedExpress Corporate Offices
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Canonsburg Administrative OfficesJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: professional staff
Cons: no healthcare
The office environment is professional and friendly.
Fast paced
best job i've ever had.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great environment, career job
Cons: none to think of
I loved working here as an office assistant. everyday was something new. all of the employees got along and got the job done!
I enjoy working at medexpress! Friendly people, full time is only 3 days a week, the manager is awesome and front office is relaxed (sometimes)
front office assistant (Current Employee), waynesburg, paJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great management, 3 days a week are awesome, free snacks, friendly coworkers, laid back (sometimes)
Cons: 12 hour shifts, weekends, short breaks, expensive benefits, half hour lunch
I enjoy working at medexpress. I work with friendly people, Everyone has a positive work ethic, I have an awesome manager. Full time is considered 3, 12 hour shifts a week. Part time is 2, 12 hour shifts a week and every other weekend you work.. Not too fond of 12 hour shifts or weekends. PTO takes a while to gain, only half hour lunches and 2, 15 minute breaks a day. Overall, I enjoy working at medexpress.
Horrible place to work!
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free snacks provided by company, 3 day work week
Cons: low pay for work expected from employee, no room for advancement, short breaks, expensive health benefits, long hours, made you sell their way more expensive meds, no management support
They suck you in with only having to work 3 days a week, but those are generally 13-14 hour days. Center manager was always in her office behind closed doors on 'conference calls.' The breaks are to short for the length of day you worked (and if you were busy, good luck getting breaks). Management left at 4:30 or 5 leaving no one able to help with issues after that time (and she never answered her cell phone when called). Always significantly short staffed. Over charging patients for visits. Made us try to meet 'quota' by selling medicines that were drastically marked up in price and not run through insurance. Made us put patient's credit card on file so if the bill wasn't filed right, they could just charge the card. Pay was horrible! Don't have a life outside of work because they will want you to fill in shifts at your center or other surrounding centers at a moments notice.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Southport, INDecember 22, 2014
I was a Front Office Assistant. I worked 3 12 hour days week. They were felxible with my schedule. I would check in pts, check out pts, sell meds, scan results into chart, verify insurance, call back pts, answer phones, and keep the flow of the clinic going smoothly. Everyone I worked with was amazing. I would not have left this job if they didn't close our center down. I would work for the company again if the oppertunity presented itself.
High Patient volumes with minimal staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Kokomo, INDecember 18, 2014
As a registered nurse you utilize a few nursing skills but mainly function as a medical assistant.
Fellow employees are usually very easy to work with.
Low-level management are unable to make decisions without getting permission from higher up, making them basically useless except to be a mouthpiece for upper management.
Patient volumes increase steadily and there are no extra employees brought in the ease the load on workers.
Horrible Management
Nurse (Former Employee), IndianaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice schedule
Cons: management, no job security
Started out as a positive experience with the center I worked in then had expirences with management. They care NOTHING about patients or employes. It all comes down to $$.
former Employee
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 11, 2014
Cons: management.
Poor management at this office. Will berate you. in front of other employees and patients. Will interrupt you when you are trying to to wait on someone. You can't say anything right. If you are to cheerful your wrong. Not enough your wrong. Overall medexpress is a Corp. I would like to see management or anyone in the Corp office work a 12 shift in front office by themselves. Some great employees but not worth it. For Me it was mainly the manager at the Terre Haute office. The woman seriously needs help on how to deal with employees and not degrade them.
na
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 10, 2014
the company overall isn't a bad place to be, however it is who you work with that makes a job more that a job. having a positive team makes everyone that much more pleasant to be around and the job is no longer a job but a career.
Front Office Assistant
sell medications
scan charts
check out patients
verify insurances
the main job is to focus on patients and making sure their privacy is part of their visit.
Needs work
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Butler, PAOctober 21, 2014
Mnagement needs work. No compensation for what they ask of you. No place for advancement unless willing to relocate
Excellent health benefits
Graphics Art Designer Production Sr. (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVOctober 7, 2014
I had joined this organization when it started and now it has grown to a national company.
Treatment of employees
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Salem, VAOctober 7, 2014
They expect you to be genuine and caring towards patients but have none for their own employees. God forbid you are sick. Not just a cold but genuinely sick. You are expected to be at work or find someone to trade with. While laying in my bathroom floor, hugging the commode, i was told to find someone to switch with. This was the night before. I was giving management notice and not waiting to next morning, seemingly being a good employee, and was treated terrible. There is no contingency plan for being ill. Personally, I would be extremely mad if my coworker came to work sick. I don't want to share! I have NEVER in twenty five years worked somewhere that employees were expected to work sick or where an employer even wanted them to. If they treat patients like they do employees then everyone should run, not walk, somewhere else.
Comfortable work culture
Medical Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Hazlet, NJOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: long shifts
Office programs are very user friendly. Fun and cooperative staff to work with. Flexible scheduling.
Great environment, not enough compensation
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: **below
Cons: **below
PROS:

- Great work environment, very "team" oriented
- Direct management was very approachable and genuinely cared about the well-being of employees and patients
- snacks/candy/drinks provided throughout the day
- Full time employees only work 3 days/week due to long hours

CONS:

- Looooong work days, at least 12.5 hour shifts (usually 13-14 hours)
- If you have **anything** else that needs to be done during the day/evening... forget about it. The hours consume your entire day
- often understaffed ( being that it is a walk-in only facility, there's usually a constant, often heavy, flow of patients which a small staff is responsible for treating.
- these long hours and high patient volume make a single work day exhausting (especially when working 3-4 shifts in a row)
- for all this the compensation is not satisfying (as a Front Office Assistant, I made $10/hour)
***Dissatisfying salaries seem to be constant across administrative AND clinical staff throughout the entire facility

1 2 3 4 5