Medi Home Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

DONT WASTE THE TIME For interview
Nurse (Former Employee) –  JOHNSTOWNNovember 21, 2014
Nurses are "salary". BUT are expected to work and be Available mom through fri from 0830 to 7pm/1900 but only paid for 8 hours!! If your done for example 5/1700 if an admission comes in or any patient needs seen the RN has to leave their house and go do it without pay because it's before 7pm! Highest turn over LOW pay even for experienced nurses. Management doesn't listen or care what any staff below them have to say. Lower staff are treated like peasant workers and nobody's !!
You may get asked to "change" part of your assesemt that you done if it doesn't suit them which is Medicare fraud and they didn't even see the patients. You will be expected to drive and work for state college and Pittsburgh office if they need your doesn't matter you don't know that territory.. No staff to help if you need time off. So no time can be taken off for a kids dr or your own they flat out tell you NO
Pros
autonomy
Cons
turnover, moral, rude co workers that will smile to your face and stab you in the back
Productive and fun workplace.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lower Burrell,PAFebruary 24, 2014
Went to see patients in homes or facilities and gave bath visits, did nail care and also helped with feeding. Took vitals per case manager and also did weights. I also provided social and emotional support to patient and families. I did learn what it takes to be a good hospice worker for this company with all the education they provided us. Our boss was great she went out with us to make sure we were providing good care to the patients and families. After a long day working the office staff would ask us to come in and eat they were always making something or baking. The hardest part of the job was getting to know your patient and getting them to trust you working with them. I did get a lot of satisfaction pleasing the patients and the families while working with them.
Pros
very nice people in the office, we had lots of fun.
Cons
not enough vacation time.
Hospice
Hospice CNA (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PADecember 3, 2013
As a home hospice CNA I would travel to patients homes or facilities to do there care and report back to the LPN or RN. I put alot of miles on my car and traveled in all kinds of weather. The patients were very grateful for the care and companionship that we provided.
Rewarding because of what we do for our patients.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PADecember 20, 2012
The company as a whole is fair to work for, however, the security of the employee is low. Employee's are pretty much expendable, replacable and not valued. The Management expects 200 percent from the employees when they are treated as though they don't matter. Employee's are treated unfairly and without value. Bonus' have dropped to an embarassing low (under $20 for a 3 month period) for some employee's. Benefits are poor. This is not a very "Employee Friendly" company to work for.
Cons
employee is not valued at all.
Enjoyable environment to work in. Learned alot in mailing from a large company.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAOctober 21, 2012
I was sent to Medi Home Hospice to do my externship from San-ford Brown Institute. I was majoring in Medical Billing & Coding. I enjoyed working at Medi Home Hospice. My job was working with a girl in the mailing department. I had an externship of 180 hours. I really enjoyed the job I was doing there and wished I could have stayed there, but was not able.
Training made easy, management actually cares
Chaplain / Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAOctober 6, 2012
Good company, will work with an employee if he or she becomes ill, they are eager to teach while at the same time making the learning experience fun.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
on call 24/7, low pay
Staff works together to serve patinets.
Hospice Chaplain (Current Employee) –  State College, PAApril 28, 2012
Great place to work. Managers try to solve problems together with staff. The staff does a great job serving patients and work together.
Pros
a lot of support from the team.