Media Nation Employee Reviews in United States

Not worth it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Company has changed names 3 times and they make you independent contractors and you have to pay the IRS. Over all not a good place to work.
most terrible experience ever
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 18, 2015
they just did not pay me so continued service to the organization was not feasible. The Hr Department was no help. not only was it difficult to get in touch with them so that my problem could be addressed i had to wait for any kind of response before i could even act. just a terrible work environment.
Pros
travling is always a plus
Cons
open to the elements
It takes a certain type of personality to enjoy thiis job, its like your on stage and attracting as much + attention possible
live billboard (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FloridaJune 21, 2015
I've been working for media nation now since the first of May its in the summer months so its really really hot I'm located in Lake Wales Florida. My supervisor Jason is a really cool person, easy to work for. I feel that the compensation is not enough for the job the a being done in this hundred plus degree temperatures. But I feel that it would get better as the weather cools off sometime this fall, I only work on Saturday and Sunday which allows me to be able to fit my schedule around this job. I would recommend it to anybody. Who is looking for a little extra money and I would definitely recommend working here.
The only complaint I have is the way my hours are documented. You get paid for all your hours but the last one is broken down into minutes and I feel like Im being shorted 2 hours each pay period.
Cons
The way my hours are calculated.
Fun
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2015
It was fun to call to confirm that the spinners where there. I also enjoyed being on the computer. I like talking to the customers on the phone. I'm a people person.
Cons
That is was only a one day job :(
outside
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 20, 2015
able to work among people and have lots of fresh air. break area was pretty much where ever and there wasn't always shade. other then that all i can say it is a job to keep things going but not a good one to support your self with
Pros
fresh air, outside
Cons
short break and not much shade and few to none lunch area
A response to previous comments.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 27, 2015
I am the Area Manager for half of Arizona. In that position, I can respond to the two posts claiming that the employees do not get paid.

The post from Gilbert is actually in my area. Due to the specifics of the complaint, I can reasonably guess as to the employee. I cannot go into detail regarding what happened, but as of now, a check has been issued, mailed, and cashed, according to our accountant.

As of October 31st, this was not the case.

Regarding his other complaints, we do clean the signs, and double-staffing with a labor company is a common method we use to make sure all sites are staffed on busy weekends. The laborer is paid merely for showing up if we send him away, and our workers always have priority for work. Frequently, as a result of this, our workers get some extra time, and therefore money, for the day.

For the other complaint, I don't have anything to do with Florida, but I do have access to the payroll schedule, and the paycheck for the period when they stated they worked was not yet due to be mailed, so they were not missing anything.
Dont work for this company they wont pay you!!
Sign Spinners (Former Employee) –  Haines city FlJanuary 27, 2015
They hired me and my husband to work the weekend January 17-18th. And we haven't been paid for it and The guy keeps making excuses for why we haven't received our checks.
Cons
dont pay
Do NOT work for this company!
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 31, 2014
Horrible company to work for, they won't pay you for your work and then say it's because the check got lost in the mail, etc. Telling me it might be 30 days before they can send me another check "just company policy" what a bunch of bullcrap. They tell you to go to job sites and then there are already people from temp agencies who they scheduled that you have to tell to leave. This happened multiple times, and the people from the temp agencies got mad that they were told to come. The signs are all disgusting and coated with grease from people's hands, they never clean or maintain the signs. Management is worthless, there is no office to go to with your complaints or problems. What a scam, DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND NOT GETTING PAID!
Cons
no paycheck, bad management
Sign Spinner, Advertising
Sign Spinner, Advertising (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 15, 2014
Holding a positive attitude while waving a sign to help advertise
Getting paid to dance and get a tan.
Supervisor/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 20, 2014
Standing on a street corner advertising a housing development may not sound like the best job but it was a great job when i was younger. I was able to put on my sunglasses and do whatever i needed to do to get attention from passersby and not worry about anything else. Time would just fly and at the rate I was getting paid, I couldn't complain. Sometime i would just roll up my sleeves and get a tan while i was working, which saved me money as well. The job was great and once i got promoted it got even better. I didn't have to be out on the sun all day but I traveled to different cities and monitored the people who were in my old position giving them tips and tricks that i used which was always fun. The job was only during the weekends though and gas became an issue when my car began to give out on me. But all in all the job was a fun place to make a good amount of money and only have to work two days out of the week.
Pros
weekend job, great pay
Cons
weekend job
Don't do it!
Manager/Sign Flipper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2014
A good place to work if you need some quick cash, don't stay here too long.
Pros
easy money
Cons
you will be outside all day in all weather, not a respectable job.
If you have nothing else going on.
Human Direction (Former Employee) –  Ca.January 8, 2014
If you have no life to speak of then this is a good time filler job. You're on the road alot and the pay is above minimum wage but the attitudes of other co-workers make it unbareable.
Regularly checking in on employees in status updates from employers
Media Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2013
I would normally call and or text my employees making sure they were at their appropriate sites on time. Then throughout the day I would drive to each site and check in with the sites office manager and the employees. I learned how to be attentive and how to multi task by juggling multiple task and multiple site locations. As a field manager I enjoyed my employees and working with them. The hardest part of the job might have just been the random situations dealing with employees calling off and or being low on equipment for employees before they started their shifts. I would have to ensure their success by always being available in case of emergency. The best part of working was the ability to have control over one area and being able to help the workers in a timely manner.
Pros
open schedule
Cons
no benefits
great poeple to work with
Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 5, 2013
i was in charge of up to 100 sign wavers at anytime when the area mang was out for any reason.. i also handled any customer service issues with our clients
Pros
ok pay
Cons
no breaks and no real mangament and bad hours
Supportive and enjoyable work environment
, (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2013
Looked forward to meeting new people...
enjoyed working, conversing, and making others smile!
Independent Marketting
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 18, 2013
Great place to work if you like working by yourself with minimal supervision.
Pretty much dance with a sign for a few hours over the weekends, supervisor comes and takes a pic once a day of you working, pretty laid back and easy going, fun to interact with cars driving by.
Pros
independent, minimal supervision, great exercise, learning tricks
Cons
outside all day
good outside job
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 19, 2013
This job was only on weekends and it involved standing on the corner of an intersection holding a sign, it was a good job when the weather was nice.
Pros
good managers and employees
Cons
only a weekend job
fast paced enjoyable work enviorment
Assembling (Former Employee) –  Tuscan, CAJanuary 28, 2013
a very friendly enviorment, I was taught how to measure and drill crates, desk, and sign. the management was sort of organized. my co workers were nice and hard working a diverse crowd. the hardest part of the job was just a time limit to finsh everything. the most enjoyable part of the job was creating new and different items day by day
Didn't give many hours. I was on-call.
Human Directional (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2013
I liked the $10.00 an hour pay but my manager rarely called me to work. He says that he never had jobs for me. Also, it was a boring job. I would stand in the streets holding a big sign promoting Metro PCS. I would love to have a job that has me communicate with people!
Pros
nice pay for a young college student.
Cons
rarely got called to work.
New Customer attention grabing expert
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2012
On a typical day I would check in see what location to go to. Pick up sing, and head to location. Spin, tumble, flip sign to get people's attention,
I learned that this was a waste of time.
The management was horrible lacking communication.
Work alone.
The hardest part of the job was needing to reach your manager and them not respond.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing your getting people's attention.
Pros
good workout
Cons
bad communication within managment