Media One Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work environment
Inbound/Outbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
I had one of the best sales manager ever. He taught of strategies that made me an excellent closer. The sales force was great because everyone was focused on exceeding the sales quota and making money. There was little time for anything other than a competitive environment, working smart, and celebrating excellence.
For strong manager with leadership skills.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 17, 2014
I worked for years there, and while the paper distribution numbers where decreasing for the company, I still did a great job. It is more difficult now to maintain the numbers due to the high gas prices and low pay for carriers who distribute the papers to the customers and with circulation decreasing and area of delivers becoming larger to keep number of deliveries up carriers to make money. It makes it harder for carriers to maintain vehicles and pay the gas prices, so the job as a manager is very challenging in that they have to pick up the slack of carriers not doing their job and not being able to keep them on the routes for more than a week at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work things out the way you want to and being outside in the fresh air. It is great if you don't mind the challenge.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
work to many hours (salary)
Fun working with other workers and breaking whenever i wanted.
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 11, 2015
a typical day at work was package papers then deliver them.

i learned about time management and memory skills.

management said get the work done and you keep your job.

only met a few of my co-workers but they helped me alot.

hardest part was keeping time on schedule.

i enjoyed driving constantly.
Pros
lots of driving, no traffic and ate whenever and wore whatever i needed to get job done.
Cons
time was very short and customers where not always nice.
I work with a great team of Sales Executives
Retail/Majors/National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 10, 2012
I am the Sales Manager for the Local Retail and the Major and National Account Executives. A typical day begins by analyzing monthly sales numbers and trends to determine our percentage to budget. I do this as a group and by Account Executive. My day is filled with coaching and directing Account Executives to close sales and find solutions to fit the clients needs. We include a variety of print products, the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News, Hometown Values Magazine, Special Sections, Community Zoned products, Commercial Print, Sticker Notes, inserts and many online products (including sltrib.com, Yahoo and Pandora). My overall objective is to drive our team of 30 Account Executives to meet the Companies overall budget monthly while maintaining a positive working environment and keeping a low turnover.
Pros
job satisfaction when our team achieves our goals.
Cons
declining circulation makes newspaper sales more challenging.
positive,healthy fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 25, 2013
pick up daily newspapers to be dropped off for delivery, drove company van, logged daily mileage ,enjoyed meeting people, nice place to work,hardest part was the lifting of the bundled papers
Pros
raises, &opportunity of advancement
Overall a great communication company to work for (Comcast).
Job details-Field operations technician (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 24, 2012
Repaired and serviced all cable plant throughout the Chicagoland region. Also, responded to service calls/outages as an on-call position. Due to the amount of work, all field managers were very supportive with work needs. Climbing utility poles in severe weather was perhaps the hardest part of my job (according to my wife). Being able to complete my work orders on my own was an enjoyable aspect of this job.
Pros
free phone/cable and excellent health coverage/benefits
Cons
dangerous conditions with severe weather at times.
Productive and Fun Working Enviroment
Customer Service Call Center Rep. (Former Employee) –  Litionia GAMarch 9, 2012
This company cares about it's employees as much as it's customers. Large break room with microwave, refrigerator, and vending machines. Also provides an employee dark room just to rest between break. Excellent health and dental, 401K matching, paid vacation, paid time off, time and a half for any over time or holiday work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
little to no face to face contact with customers, tedious, repetitive work.
Fun Fun Fun Call Center
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Lots of daily fun activities from our vendors
Pot Lucks and prizes

Management was always around and assisted you when you needed help.

Having shift changes every 6mths and not knowing what hours you would have.

Fun activities and Prizes
Pros
everything
Cons
ppv calls
Fun productive days
Sales (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 15, 2014
successful experience in Customer Service strengths in account maintenance, problem solving and troubleshooting staff support and planning/ implementing procedures.incoming calls, checking account billing issues, explain billing cycle to customers, turning on and off cable through computer, upgrade accounts, sales, answer all incoming calls helping with lead supervisor issues.
Pros
monthly incentives
Cons
schedule horrible at the time
Over-all, not a bad company to work for But, and there are some BUTS.
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Central RichmondDecember 21, 2011
Young company, management could use a little help. They were fair to me mainly because I was alittle older than most techs.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2013
Great management, seemed to care for their employees and also provided Christmas parties for their employees.
Pros
lots of celebrating
Cons
company was bought out
fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Great management team, valued employees, showed appreciation for hard work. Always listed to employees concerns.
Pros
won employee of the year 3 x's in a row
Cons
a few bad employees
love driving to diferent locations, never at the same place
TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  culver city californiaFebruary 1, 2015
as a contractor you always learn to work with people. I am a trouble shooter by nature I love to fix problems in telecommunications and this was the best place to get a lot of good experience
It was a hard working place to work at there was no time for playing games
Warehouse/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 15, 2014
A hard company to work for everything went by the book which is a good thing
Pros
we had free lunches at the end of every month
Cons
we had breaks
Fun well built operations team
Purchasing/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden GroveDecember 29, 2011
From a purchasers perspective when you have a good operations team it helps make the every day challenges easier. The crew I left at the location is very well balanced and able to handle anything that is thrown at them.
installer of telephone systems
TELEPHONE SERVICE AND INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 1, 2014
installed the telephone systems thru cable lines prior to the modern systems. this was the top level of the installers.
Pros
company van
Cons
company sold to comcast soon after getting hired
my day at work was working fast and accurated taking inbounds and out bounds calls at a high volume call center.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2012
my review was learning the value of customer services, treating people the way i want to be treated.
Pros
nice clean enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Telephone sales
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I contacted customers and tried to sell them ad space on vinyl telephone book covers. This was aimed at businesses and involved a lot of cold calling.
Pros
i got to speak with a variety of people.
Cons
very little pay
Good working place
Electronics Technician/maintenance (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 23, 2014
Good place to work. Different stuff to do daily due to most work was service electrical work
Fun place to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 28, 2012
Enjoyable
A lot how to deal with customer
Friendly easy to work with
There's