Media Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
stressful and poor management
Payroll Coordinator (Temp Assignment) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
My experience at Media services was not great to say the least. Hostile work environment , stressful and constant overtime. Employee moral was low because lack of good management and lack of support. Management was very rude and nasty and use intimidation to control. Very untrustworthy because constant gossip amongst management. It made everyone at work uncomfortable. Inadequate training or lack there of. Typical work day was very quiet because we were not allowed to talk to one another and mood was often somber. The work in itself was not bad at all, but the hardest part was not always knowing what time you were going home. The only thing I can say that was decent was the pay. I believe the pay was fair BUT it was not worth the stress. I would NOT recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
free breakfast on Fridays (bagels)
Cons
hours
Challenging and Excellent
Freelance Event Planning (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2017
All encompassing Audio- Visual support.
Since 1990, I have worked in both public and private sectors in the AV presentation field as well as self employment.
Pros
Very fulfilling
Cons
Marketplace is limited
on-campus job at Springfield College
student worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 29, 2017
When I wasn't in class, I was working at the Media Services Department. I would answer the phone, take work orders, and set up equipment that would be ordered for events taking place on campus. The people I worked under were welcoming and helped me with any questions I had.
A good place to start
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
This would be recommended for journalism majors/web design or production majors. The pace of the job can be slow but when your needed events need to be carried out.
Super Awesome Place
Payroll/Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CADecember 29, 2016
This place would literally have to sue to make me leave! I love it here! The skills learned and available advancement are incomparable.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Great Place for Family oriented people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 29, 2016
Always great people to work with it appears that everyone I meet at work enjoys working there as they get ample time to take care of personal things without hassle from management. Very relaxed work atmosphere would recommend as great place to work.
Pros
Great People and good management family friendly.
Cons
Everyone likes there job so much no one wants to leave, hard to advance.
Love it
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 17, 2016
Love the management, flexible hours, had a lot of fun doing my job, setting up for events throughout the campus, good recognition
work study
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
this place was great because a job was always secured but no advancements only responsibility was increased based on experience.
First Baptist Dallas - Media Services
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2015
The majority of the time I worked by myself, but the people who work there are extremely nice and welcoming. Typically, each day I walked straight into the media room and start putting in the music and lyrics for the next scheduled service day. Working here has taught me how to use Pro Presenter. I really enjoyed working there. I was a freelancer, so I was only needed for a short period of time, but I would continued working there if I was needed.
Wonderful company to work for.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CaliforniaAugust 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Love the team spirit and team work attitude. Supervisor are very flexible and professional.
Pros
Team work and all can do attitude.
Cons
Not apply.
merchandiser
Merchandiser, Select (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 21, 2015
going to stores taking out old books and magazines , batteries, greeting card, glasses, etc. working alone n my own hours was the best. management wasn't great
Reconcile reports for accurate payments
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2015
People were all helpful as well as management and very approachable. Hated to lose this job due to layoffs as it was a fun place top work at.
Productive, Fast Paste
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2014
There's about 5 orders a shift that needs to go out and about 5 returns that need to be picked up.
So far I've learned how to fix computers if the sound is messed up and I've learned how to troubleshoot Smart classrooms.
The management here is very hands on. They are easy to talk too and doesn't mind answering questions that you may have.
The co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have down time and everyone is talking about there days.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Short breaks
On - campus Job
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  san jose state universityOctober 16, 2014
Setting up- the network.
Trouble Shooting hardware problems.
Helping setting up classrooms for lectures and meeting rooms for various sessions and checking for the equipment setup, troubleshooting issues regarding various equipments and availability.
Productive work flow
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT - WORKERS COMPENSATION (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2014
Very busy work days
I've learned a lot about worker compensation
Management is pretty strict, not what I'm use to
Everyone Is pretty much nice.
I enjoy learning new things the most. I work with some very knowledgeable people. The entertainment industry is wonderful.
Pros
Lovely Industry
Cons
Flexibility of hours
I Couldn't Ask for a Better Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 6, 2014
Very relaxed environment. I had plenty of time to do homework or whatever else I needed to do and still do whatever my supervisors asked. I'm not a morning person so I didn't care for the early hours but it allowed for me to see that each day was productive.
Pros
Relaxed environment and flexible schedules
Cons
Early hours and sometimes long periods on your feet
Working with this group of people is a great experience
Media (Current Employee) –  St.Louis,MOJune 3, 2014
One of the easiest jobs that I have worked, allowing me to setup electronic equipment and learning how to work with sounds systems and entertainment systems.
Pros
breaktime, in-between time
Cons
not enough hours
Small mom and pops business
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2014
most enjoyable part of the job is assisting in the entertainment business doing commercials and music videos
Pros
Get to interact and work with lots of mutiple clients
Cons
managed poorly
Exciting Professional place of business
Temporary Office Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Dealing with mature professional people willing and ready to come to work and give their all, Willing to share their knowledge about the company to help you grow. An amazing place to work.
Pros
free lunchs great over time and lots of employee gatherings
Cons
Temp work
wonderful work environment
Library Clerk/Media Services/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  dryden, nyJanuary 1, 2014
this place took me out of my shyness habit. It gave me the opportunity to meet hundreds of students and faculty and taught me to be a very hard independent worker.