Who are we? Mediaocean the acknowledged leader in systems and software for the advertising industry was created to give advertising agencies power over technology in a changing landscape by creating a global, open, and neutral operating system for the advertising business. We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising technology solutions. Learn more at www.mediaocean.com.
What we need: We’re looking for a Senior Oracle Developer/DBA to join our team in Chicago or NYC. The position reports to the VP of Data Services.
Where are we? Our downtown Chicago office is located in the River North Neighborhood w/ easy access to the Chicago brown line top.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, design and maintain database application and data integration solutions
- Monitor the performance of production databases, identify areas where performance needs to be improved and provide fixes/solutions for the performance issues
- Analyze the data flow of existing products and document the processes
- Develop database tools to automate existing database tasks
- Create and maintain reports needed by various business units
- Implement solutions for maintaining user account data across various products
- Participate in the ongoing support/training of developed applications
- Respond appropriately to emergency technical support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to business problems
- Work with database personnel to design physical and logical databases to support present / future business application
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on Oracle PL/SQL development experience with lots of passion for Performance Tuning at both SQL and system levels
- 5+ years of OLTP data modeling (logical and physical)
- Strong Oracle Database Administration / Engineering experience on a Large Scale Systems and Data Warehouse/Data Marts
- Solid exposure to application development processes and expectations from an Application DBA point of view
- Solid skills in Scalability / Performance / Tuning of both software and hardware
- Strong database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Strong Shell/Perl scripting experience with the ability to automate partitions and table spaces
- Unix/Linux knowledge / experience
- Oracle 11g experience
- Proven ability to work independently or as an integral member of a team
- Excellent communication skills - ability to work with development teams
What we offer:
- We are a private company which means we are not focused on shareholders instead we are dedicated to our employees and our clients!
- Great traditional benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, paid time off, etc.
- Competitive compensation packages of course
- Ample opportunity for career growth and continuous development
- We value our employees! Here you not only have a voice, but also the ability to make a HUGE impact!
- We are smart and passionate; if you want to be surrounded by hard working, industry leading professionals do not hesitate to apply today!
Indeed - 5 months ago