Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

Never getting services or working with this company again
Broadband Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 7, 2017
Management were rude to me treating me different from other employees. I had absolutely no enjoyment from this job. A typical day for me was riding with another tech and not getting to do anything. Hands down worst job.
No comment
Regional Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 6, 2017
I resigned my position based upon the treatment of myself and my employees. I did not agree with some of their policies. I truly do not feel comfortable with a review at this time.
easy to work with
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 5, 2017
Very friendly and willing to let you work on your own. Pay seemed fair for what you were required to do. You need to knock down doors to get sales.
The worst place I have ever worked.
Regional Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 25, 2017
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Upper management belittles everyone. For such a large company, I have never experienced so much disorganization. Advancement is about non existent. For a communication company this place has a failure to communicate. This is a greed based company that does not respect the employee and the customer. Think twice before working there.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Too much to list.
Mediacom review
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 18, 2017
Mediacom has several chances for advancement. Mediacom has a high turn over rate with most employees lasting two years or less. Mediacom expects you to be available 24/7 even when you are not on call.
Pros
advancement
Cons
sometimes poor working conditions, Hard to make personal plans after work.
Overall
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 29, 2016
I made some good friends there, but didn't like the call center environment. I was told there was possibilities to move up in the company, when I tried to do so, they did what they could to hold me back in the Tier 1 department. So No, I didn't like Mediacom.
Pros
Some Free Lunches, Made friends.
Cons
Everything else.
Just bad
Installer Tech (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 19, 2016
Great place to work if you want no life. Management is clueless and never communicates well. This corporation does not care about their employees but hey at least we get free cable. The best part of the job is the people you work with in the field.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Overloaded with work, customer service doesn't have a clue about much, low pay
good company low pay
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSDecember 12, 2016
my only complaint literally with mediacom would be how low they pay compared to the rest of the cable industry. great management and treatment in the area I worked in.
Mediacom is poorly managed.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILDecember 5, 2016
Only worked there for a few months, but overall management was a joke. Regional manager and office manager worked in the same office and were almost religiously going out for cigarettes every 25-30 mins. They weren't great motivators, and often would actively look for things to complain about with workers.
Horrible place to work
Tier 1 Technical Support, Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2016
The only "benefit" is the free cable. They treat you like a child, and ask way too much for the amount they pay with no recognition or advancement. This is a typical corporation that only cares about their bottom line, and couldn't care less about the employees or the customers.
Hard Job, Few People can do it.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 13, 2016
It was a fun job. The best part of the job was the people that you work with on a day to day basis. The management was good at the Springfield office. One of the hardest things about the job is that. They just fed you to the wolfs. The training is outdated. And you were never home on time. Your work day was never consistent. You would have your jobs set for the day but if you worked hard and fast. The company would then over load you with more jobs. The most jobs I had in one day was 14 and each take about a hour for most. And that is if everything goes smoothly.
Pros
Company Van
Cons
Hours and Job Management
Great Benefits
Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 7, 2016
Great benefits, but management needs to have more communication with each other, great pay. Company needs to have a better policy when it come to taking abuse from customers
Never get back to you...
None (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 2, 2016
I wouldn't Apply for this postition simply because they never get back to you if you even got consider for it or not. No emails, no return of phone calls, even when you try to reach out to them! I would avoid them but this is a free country....more than welcome to try and apply find out for yourself
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Overall rude and never return your phone calls
mandatory OT and tech support is really sales
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 16, 2016
take calls all day not really fixing any problems or issues since the time allowed for each call is micro managed.. the pay is below grade and they expect you to sell to make a yearly wage above poverty level.,, upper management doesnt care and sups are like just do what they want forget fixing the problem. there is no support on second shift so you wait to get the 1 sup to help.. desk sharing it over crowded.. people have to leave assigned desks and move weeky
Pros
Cons
long hours bad pay no support on floor over crowded
Do not apply IT job in this company
DBA candidate (Former Employee) –  Blooming Grove, NYSeptember 24, 2016
I responded database administrator job position and they interviewed me with many people from a consultant in the group to IT top VP. They even ask me to come back couple times to have interviewed me and test me on using real system. The funny thing is the decision is decided by VP who does not really know what is he doing. He does not trust candidate experience and does not know what is he looking for.
Pros
IT management does not know how to recruting people
Cons
Nice building
Excellent work environment
Sales and Customer Service Achievements (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IASeptember 19, 2016
This job was actually a great working environment with being able to provide for your children as well as having great leaders to show you how to prepare to navigate to leadership role
Did not enjoy this job
Technical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 10, 2016
I did not enjoy working for them at all. The people I worked for where very rude. They did not care much about employees. I would never work for them again.
Not a very professional place to work.
Quota/Routing Representative (Current Employee) –  Blooming Grove, NYSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at Mediacom is not very fulfilling. The best part of working their is your coworkers and the absolute worst part is management. I pride myself in doing an honest days worth of work but with policy changes at the drop of a hat, unrecognizable efforts being made towards completing daily quota and favoritism that seems to be a common trait between supervisors, its no wonder why the turn over rate happens to be the highest i've seen in any company thus far.
Great place
Broadband Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tuscola, ILAugust 27, 2016
My typical day starts at 645am and ends around 8pm I am a lead tech so my responsibilities are not that of a normal tech. The hard work I put in and extra hours meant I promoted faster and earned more raises than my peers.
Run away.. watch out for the glass!!
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 21, 2016
If you like taking 200 calls per shift from techs who have no idea how to trouble shoot, dealing with a miserable management team and working the crappiest hours, all while getting paid peanuts.. this is the job for you!
Pros
Beautiful new building & grounds. Free coffee and water.
Cons
NO privacy, Glass walls, windows and cameras everywhere. Don't pick that wedgie, someone is surely watching! No cubicles, you're lined up in rows like cattle, No way to personalize your space since you never know who'll be sitting in your seat, Call after call after call after call, A gym that's opened only while you're working that horrible shift, same with the cafe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8