Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

great place
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 17, 2017
the work enviornment was great people where great to work for great benifits and great job advancement and free work to home transportation and bonuses and also the option for overtime if needed
Would never suggest anybody work for this company
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 15, 2017
Just not a good place to work. They push a heavy work load and you can even be put into dangerous working conditions. Very low pay for a job that is supposed to bring customer satisfaction.
no trust
Direct Sales Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLNovember 13, 2017
company has right to change commission on you at any time usually when you figure out how to make money they switch again.supervisors are babysitters basically they tell you anything and will not stand behind what they say if its wrong.If by trying to do whats right for the customers are what you strive for this is not the company for you.They train you one way and expect for you to lie to get the job done. they cya themselves.
Managers are company people only and let the supervisors take the heat. you can bring grievances to them and h.r. but you won't be there long after. good luck
Pros
Cons
all
Terrible Job
FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Blooming Grove, NYNovember 11, 2017
Field support is treated like inmates. You get 15 minutes throughout the entire day to use as a bathroom break. They have a supervisor walking down the aisle watching you throughout the entire day. The Manager sits in an clear office making sure everyone is sitting the entire day. Work place is awful.
Decent coworkers, hard hours.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 7, 2017
Coworkers made it bearable. Long hours on the phone determining outage issues. Contractors and LEC often were unable or unwilling to investigate outages caused on their end.

Management was fair, often lax. No outstanding managers though.

I learned that I was not willing to work the graveyard shift, that was the only reason I left the company.
throw you to the wolves
Door To Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 2, 2017
The most stereotypical 9 to 5 style job you will probably ever have, management are lazy & brownie point loving 9 to 5 lifers .
sink or swim mentality, and they will throw you to the wolves with some equipment. still, it is a sales position that can take you far in terms of payment if you're willing to put up with the headaches and put in the work. good experience for a new salesman.
An "Educational" Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 31, 2017
The people you work with at Mediacom are nice. However, expect to have your workday micro-managed down to the minute, BY A COMPUTER! The computer will also monitor you to make sure you're in "compliance". You need to ask your supervisor to do anything, even going to the bathroom, just like in grade school. And your supervisor will "counsel" you on your work in a way that makes you feel like an errant grade school student. You will get benefits like health insurance, although they are mid-range compared to other companies.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, Nice co-workers
Cons
Micro-management, Systems don't always work
Door to door, working in rain,sleet, snow, extreme temps. Overall 2/5 stars
Corporate direct sales representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 27, 2017
It is unstable, the (real-time) app management has to see where employees are and the hours in the (field) is terrible. Working in rain sleet snow and extreme temperatures outside walking around a city or ten is ridiculous as well. If it’s 120 out or 4 degrees out you still have to go walk around and try to get potential sales.
Pros
Good pay when sales are made
Cons
Terrible management at times. Working conditions
cable company
Internet Tech Support Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 16, 2017
just log in and take calls after calls to help tech with the modems and equipments, I learned alot in the techincal side, I know alot about modems now, and internet services, networking. things always change with this company. Some change I believe is not need to be done.
Pros
free lunches and some perks
Cons
morals
Productive and Sales driven
Front Counter Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 10, 2017
I wish Mediacom would have had a better policy in place that would be better sever their employee if they had" illness" while on their probation time they would be given two weeks off without pay, but able to return to their position. After passing all on the company training classes that last over six weeks the employee cannot re-apply for future open position. Ps CEO need to know life happen
and some things you can never have control over.
Pros
Very nice Co-Worker
Okay job
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 5, 2017
I liked my job and manager. He was one of the bes managers that I had ever worked for. When things hit the fan, he would advise me and worn me. He made sure I was paid for my work and he appreciated me and showed that he appreciated me.
Pros
Excellent manager
Cons
Started taking my pay
NOC evviroment
Analyst / Network Operations Center (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 2, 2017
It is a very stressful environment. There is no training what so ever. It takes about a year to 'come up to speed' The people I worked with were selfish about sharing their knowledge. You have very smart people, but they are terrible to work with. .
Good company
Digital Video Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Mediacom is really good company, gaining experience is the most powerful learning in Mediacom, learned too many professional engineering/video concepts and deals in production life with its issue "hands on experience", work culture is great, there is no hard part on it, working environment is really great.
Contractors are treated like they have any value
Contract Installer (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Don't contract for Mediacom unless you want to be looked at like you have no value . Management does not make sure you have means to do your job in a timely manner. Knowing you have a hour drive to your first job they still don't get to the office until almost 8am. When your arrival window to the customer is 8-12 with 2 to 3 jobs that morning,
It's a job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 12, 2017
The environment is very cut-throat and you have to know the right people to get anywhere in the company. The supervisors are not knowledgeable and are too worried about keeping their job to support the front line phone agents. It's a good job to have while looking for a better one.
Pros
Talking to interesting people
Cons
Unrealistic expectations on job performance and sales goals
Fun and Relaxed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILSeptember 11, 2017
If it would not have been for me moving and my department closing down I would still be at Mediacom today. I loved working there. There were so many incentives. A lot of the time they would give you stuff from companies to allow for advertisement. We would get work related apparel, different company water bottles and such. The company would have different contests with prizes or luncheons. Overall one of the best jobs I had in a long time.
Sales in a tech setting
Tech support and Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Hired to do tech support, right after being put on the floor they introduced sales quotas to us and threatened loss of job if not met. We are tech support not the sales team. they lost around 15 people just in that week.
Pros
benefits and free cable
Cons
hours, sales quotas
Stressful but rewarding
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 24, 2017
Like walking on egg shells. Not much empathy about work and life stresses. Love my coworker and for the most part loving helping customer. When a customer has left our office it feels good to know that I have done everything I could to get there issues ta
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Stress
Expect from a Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILAugust 22, 2017
Management is terrible.. Its call center.. Its inbound calls. Ppl call being so rude wants discount on there cable bill.. U take about 60 calls a day!!! No hour lunches like they promise u. Such a high churn.. Not trained well to learn how to handle the calls.. No opportunity

for retention specialist.. Unless u go to sales.. Then u really have to make a goal. Or u will get wrote up!
Pros
Commission checks
Cons
Churn is terrible
Is a stress full but fulfilling day
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNAugust 22, 2017
Mediacom is a good place to work as long as you are good at handling stress. When I was in customer service it was very stressful but now that I am in QA it is good for the most part.
I have learned a lot here in my 17 years but it is just time for a change. I really enjoy the people I work with and we have all become a family here.
Pros
Always fun things going on
Cons
Some of the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9