Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

cable
Service Technician (Cable/Phone/Internet) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2017
Its a hard job that is rewarding to fix things with my hands. When you thinks how much this company treats a customer like poo, realize that they treat the employees the same way.
Tough Job but great CoWorkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAMay 18, 2017
This was a very difficult job due to the angry customers continually calling in. However the pay was great and there were quite a few benefits that made this job absolutely worth it. There is required overtime but once you get used to the job it's not that hard. The management was pretty good too.
Pros
Candy all the time.
Cons
Customers can really be nasty at times.
Sales lead (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMay 16, 2017
OK place to work you do have some perks if you live in the area they service when you live outside you get 100.00 cable reimbursement. very little opportunity for advancement once you get to a level its very hard to move up.
A company who still cares
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMay 11, 2017
I loved my job at Mediacom, our owner is an amazing man and they do try to provide you with all of the tools necessary to make a decent commission. Although the structure does change regularly which can be frustrating, they do to provide training, and if you listen to their advice you can make excellent money for relatively low skilled work.
Few advancement opportunities above sales without taking a pay cut or relocating. And taking so many calls daily gets repetitive and can easily burn you out. Most people who make it past the two year mark seem to be making a long term career out of it.
Pros
Supportive and no caps on commission
Cons
repetitive and not very challenging after you get the hang of it
Very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 3, 2017
The work day at mediacom was very busy and productive. However the work was very stressful. Helping people was the rewarding part. Although making the customers more then happy was a challange, they felt the companywas a bad company.
Pros
There was lots of reward
Cons
Stressful enviroment
Up and coming
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 1, 2017
They are coming along with being a smaller cable company

Their cable system was really old when I was there

Usually couldn't fix stuff the right way because they had so many jobs on techs.
Learned alot of awesome things.
Network Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 26, 2017
I worked for Mediacom for 6.5 years. I started with them as an installer for residential cable services. After about 1.5 years I applied to be transferred into their Tech Support. After this I climbed the ladder quite rapidly.
Pros
Learned my niche is networking with Mediacom
Cons
Did not get any certs
Beware
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 26, 2017
You get lied to almost from day 1. Supervisors don't care. Your "field trainer" is more worried about himself then actually showing you anything. You don't get half the equipment needed for the job. I was expected to work up to two hours past my shift without OT pay because I was "in training" Your not allowed to express any concerns or safety issues.
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Everything Else
Some parts of the job were very stressful
Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 24, 2017
Overall it was a good place to work, however the overtime got old quick. Not being able to clock out when your shift is over was inconvenient as well.
Pros
bought lunches and had great compensation
Cons
Not having a flexible schedule
Pay rates
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAApril 24, 2017
The pay rates for mediacom was very dissapointing. I worked there for 13 years and did the job of an advanced installer and a advanced tech and they would not give me the pay for it.

Want to know more about Mediacom Communications Corporation?

Ask a question
Too much work and underpaid
Manager, Desktop Survey Design (Current Employee) –  Mediacom Park, NYApril 22, 2017
Mediacom is completely understaffed, not well organized and lacks direction from supervisors. There is there is little structure within the company and I do not have a direct path for advancement. Being a manager directly reporting to a Senior Vice President has its benefits because I am able to perform my duties with little supervision and the majority of the decision making process is left in my hands with in my group. On a daily basis I am overrun with work that I need to manage and delegate.
Employees are great but company works you to the bone
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Storm Lake, IAApril 21, 2017
Employees are great but company works you to the bone . They make you be on call and seems you never get time to do things with friends or family. Never off at the time your suppose to be off.
demanding workplace with room for advancment
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Creston, IAApril 19, 2017
Daily workload varies according to customer needs. Must be able to work independently and with a high degree of professionalism. Hardest part of the job was troubleshooting problems with customer services. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day and the sense of personal satisfaction after successfully completing each job.
Pros
work independently
Cons
work schedule can be high pressure
Good place to start for media planners
Senior Client Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
Lots of room for growth on the planning and buying side of business.
High profile clients across many different industries.
Lots of training and seminars to learn more about marketing.
Pros
Lots of talented people
Cons
401k benefits
loved working for Mediacom
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 17, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Mediacom Business. As an outside sales rep I worked from my home office and built my funnel of business through Salesforce. Excellent training, regional bosses were a tad overbearing but didn't deal with them much. Loved my local supervisor she is a good friend still. Base plus commission. You did have to work for it but the commission was EXCELLENT! I miss those $4,000+ checks!
Pros
Great atmosphere, good people, loved working from home, no micromanagement
Cons
Regional bosses were jerks
Low Pay No Commission Potential
Multi Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 15, 2017
They say you have a sales territory. However it is a free for all. I had many account sales stolen by other Account Exectutives and Partner companies selling into my territory. The first person to get the agreement signed gets the commission.

In addition to selling new accounts in my territory the Sr. Account Executives also took any renewal that has a decent commission.

Your pay is 19,000 per year. Which is around $9.00 per hour. Don't expect to make much more on commissions from your territory.

The Account Executives that are making a decent commission are doing it by selling everywhere in the country. They do that by having IT partners sending them leads or by selling an account with multiple locations. As a new person you don't have a chance to get in on this selling everywhere free for all.

On the positive side the turn over is so high they never fire anyone. So if you are happy with $9.00 per hour, health care benefits, and Free Cable TV, Internet and Phone then you should apply
Pros
you wan't get fired for not achieving your quota
Cons
Low Pay
Broadband Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Edenton, NCApril 9, 2017
Over worked, and under paid, this company expects you to be on call every 3 weeks, but doesnt realize that people do have lives of their own and doesnt revolve around work
Mediacom
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILApril 8, 2017
Mediacom is a very good place to work but you have to be extremely dedicated. Not a very good place if you have kids or family that you are used to spending a lot of time with. Typical work day is 9-11 hours.
Best Team Experience
Assistant Traditional and Digital Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
I loved my time here. The company culture is great, and they celebrate all of their employees accomplishments. While some processes are not the best, overall it is a great place to work.
Enjoyable work environment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 2, 2017
Working for Mediacom as a technician has been great. The actual work can be fun and rewarding. Time is the greatest challenge as technicians are not always given ample time to complete the necessary work.This can create a stressful environment for those needing to be done with their work by their scheduled stop time. Management does try to assist with work loads as necessary. Overall Mediacom is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9