Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Review

View all Mediacom Communications Corporation reviews

Not a great place to work...
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayJanuary 23, 2014
I will start with the good. They have a great training program. They teach you what you need to know to perform the tasks at hand. The benefits are decent. You get discounted cable services, insurance benefits are a bit pricey, and you are issued a company vehicle and tools that you can take home with you. This is where the good ends.

They put an impossible work load on you every day. When hired, they tell you that its an 8-5 M-F job (40 hours per week). They assign you 14 hours of work each day (on average). They force you to work overtime constantly. They call mandatory work days on the weekends, and give you 3 days notice. They don't tell you about HR forms you have to fill out for your spouse's insurance and when you don't fill it out you get docked $125 per paycheck.

During training they tell you that you are not required to go into attics or in crawl spaces but in the field, they say "You have to get the job done." I've had to go into houses with black mold, animal feces everywhere, etc. It is a risk to personal health and safety.

It is VERY high stress, and dangerous. They compensation is beyond awful and you only get one raise per year, and its barely a raise (average of 9 cents). They do let you take up to 2 Jones/NCTI courses per year and get 25 cents per course raise. So, on a yearly basis, expect to only be raised 59 cents and that is only if YOU take the initiative to complete the two NCTI courses.

Management is sketchy where I work. I hope it isn't like this everywhere. Our supervisor quit, and it took them 6+ months to get a new one. In that time,
  more... we were managed by an area manager that had serious anger issues. He also praises you to your face, and talks serious trash about you behind your back. He refers to employees that have left as cancer, but when they're here praise them as "one of the best techs we have."  less
Pros
Company vehicle/tools, discounted cable services.
Cons
High stress, dangerous, mandatory overtime, AWFUL pay.

Other Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

Decent Place to work
COMMERICAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 20, 2017
A relaxed place to work, Requires a lot of driving. They are very flexible with family and work schedules. Base pay is not amazing however the commission is decent.
great place
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 17, 2017
the work enviornment was great people where great to work for great benifits and great job advancement and free work to home transportation and bonuses and also the option for overtime if needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9