Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

It's a job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 12, 2017
The environment is very cut-throat and you have to know the right people to get anywhere in the company. The supervisors are not knowledgeable and are too worried about keeping their job to support the front line phone agents. It's a good job to have while looking for a better one.
Pros
Talking to interesting people
Cons
Unrealistic expectations on job performance and sales goals
Fun and Relaxed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILSeptember 11, 2017
If it would not have been for me moving and my department closing down I would still be at Mediacom today. I loved working there. There were so many incentives. A lot of the time they would give you stuff from companies to allow for advertisement. We would get work related apparel, different company water bottles and such. The company would have different contests with prizes or luncheons. Overall one of the best jobs I had in a long time.
Sales in a tech setting
Tech support and Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Hired to do tech support, right after being put on the floor they introduced sales quotas to us and threatened loss of job if not met. We are tech support not the sales team. they lost around 15 people just in that week.
Pros
benefits and free cable
Cons
hours, sales quotas
Stressful but rewarding
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 24, 2017
Like walking on egg shells. Not much empathy about work and life stresses. Love my coworker and for the most part loving helping customer. When a customer has left our office it feels good to know that I have done everything I could to get there issues ta
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Stress
Expect from a Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILAugust 22, 2017
Management is terrible.. Its call center.. Its inbound calls. Ppl call being so rude wants discount on there cable bill.. U take about 60 calls a day!!! No hour lunches like they promise u. Such a high churn.. Not trained well to learn how to handle the calls.. No opportunity

for retention specialist.. Unless u go to sales.. Then u really have to make a goal. Or u will get wrote up!
Pros
Commission checks
Cons
Churn is terrible
Is a stress full but fulfilling day
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNAugust 22, 2017
Mediacom is a good place to work as long as you are good at handling stress. When I was in customer service it was very stressful but now that I am in QA it is good for the most part.
I have learned a lot here in my 17 years but it is just time for a change. I really enjoy the people I work with and we have all become a family here.
Pros
Always fun things going on
Cons
Some of the management
Great team
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 19, 2017
The company is privately owned and they take care of each employees needs as if you were family. They offer many benefits and many discounts for other companies if you are an employee.
Balanced workforce
Front Office Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 17, 2017
Daily workday consist of applying customer payments to their accounts and scheduling customer maintenance appointments. Some days were busy and others were steady.
Currently Broadband Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work. Pay is low for amount of work that has to be done. Not bad if you are just starting out and really want to get good experience.!!
Great!
Senior Manager Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 17, 2017
Great!
Liked my out of the box thinking!
Open doors for communication!
Created my position!
Management was open to new ideas!
Human Resources very accessible!
productive, pay varies, good pay if work, hard work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 28, 2017
wouldn't recommend to anyone with health problems or a family they like to see from time to time. The pay can be excellent if your given the right amount of the right kind of jobs to complete per week. Can be considered unstable if you are a independent contractor
Good experience
Communications Strategy Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2017
Direct bosses: beyond compare in terms of professional dedication/contribution and exemplary human beings to boot. I learned so much from them and have tremendous respect for them.
Top level executives: confused me - not really sure what informed their decision process and had the general feeling they only care about managing up.
Nothing creates job satisfaction like a client who genuinely values your service - if you're lucky enough to establish that trust, it makes the long hours worthwhile.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Not amazing executives
Great
Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 27, 2017
Well a typical day at work which would be somewhat relaxed and somewhat going all the time, usually we would be really busy in the summer time and slow down in the winter time of because how the cable expands in the winter.
Pros
hour lunches, driving a company van
Cons
Decent place to work..but lower pay than industry standard, but good benefits
System Technician (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 27, 2017
Decent place to work.but.lower pay than industry standard, but good benefits. Require too much on call and overtime..not a very good balance of work and family time balance.
benefits
Cons
lower pay, no balance of work and family
Very stressful and no one knows what's going on
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 25, 2017
Rules change depending on which member of management you are speaking with. Team leads pick favorites and will work to drive you out if they don't like you. Very stressful being a call center. If you do not meet your sales goal you will be terminated. They have mandatory overtime.
Pros
hour lunch, comission
Cons
management, work life balance
fast pace
Specialist II Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Waveland, MSJuly 24, 2017
it is ok...if the system we worked in would be in better shape the job would be better the local supervisor is as good as you can find anywhere as for the rest
Productive warehouse with good people
Warehouse Associate/Receiving/Oracle (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2017
Great work relationships. There are chances to make more money but it's very hard to move up here. Not stressful like alot of other warehouses. Good enviroment.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Cons
Can't seem to move up
Apply if you want to hate your job.
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Dagsboro, DEJuly 18, 2017
You will be forced into on call, you will also be forced to do work you are not trained to do. If you show that you are intelligent you will bare the brunt of work while the slackers get easy days. Promotions are for managers favorites. And you will also have to lie to customers about service issues.
Pros
Take home van.
Cons
Poor training, poor team work, poor advancement.
Hard work
Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSJuly 14, 2017
Work was hard and back breaking. Long hours and given too hard of a workload. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you are prepared to work several hours overtime.
Pros
lots of pto, overtime
Cons
long hours, too high workload
Direct Sales
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work. Great management and flexability in the job. Fun and minimal stress. Enjoyed my time there very much. Moved that is the only reason I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9