Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

loved at first, turned awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMarch 15, 2017
I loved working here at first. My department was relocated. I was told they would find me a new position in the company. This never happened. They gave me a title of customer service rep but had me taking "overflow" calls for the department they relocated. After 2 years of this, and never being given a real position, I quit. My senior director was awful to us. Many times she took me in her office and shouted at me, cussed at me, and degraded me.
Pros
benefits, PTO
Cons
managment
Fun environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 13, 2017
Enjoyable atmosphere, good management, pay was not that great but benefits were good, hours were fine.Co-workers and technicians were very nice to work with and I had a chance to learn a lot about how the cable industry works and the technology side.
Pros
co-workers, management, benefits
Cons
pay
It's a very demanding job
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMarch 10, 2017
It's very stressful job.. You have to know.. how to resolve conflict with customers.. I have to know how review billing. And have to know how listen to customer
Pros
1 hour lunch. And great Compensation
Cons
Mandatory over time
Beware of job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 8, 2017
When I first started I loved this job but soon found out that when supervisors said their door is always open and they had your back ... that was an empty statement. There really is no training to do this job. Certainly you are taught what to say to a gate keeper to get to the DM and then how to propose your product but that is it. I was thrown to the wolves four days after starting. I didn't know how to upload paperwork or what paper work I even needed from the customer which you think would be important to teach. My first real deal I was told to offer a free month and free install and that's what I did. Came back to the office with two signed contracts and was told that I couldn't do that (from he same person). So you would think he would have gone back with me to the customer or had my coworker in the same area help me but no he instead made me go to the customer and tell them I screwed up. Customer got mad didn't sign and then my supervisor gave the account to his "favorite sales person" in a completely different city. Can you say sabotage?? Got under a new supervisor and in the almost years time I wa sunder him he never once came up to our city to help us, or work with us or talk to us. What they don't tell you when your hired is your commission is dependent on someone else doing their job. Meaning when you do all the work to get the customer signed up, you then hand it off to people who key the order and schedule site surveys and installations etc. initial contact with a customer should take 1-2 days. It's been taking weeks. And even after contact is made the customer  more... is so upset that it's taken that long just to make contact. Then you wait and wait and wait for the install. Installs should happen 30-90 days and I had one that took almost a year and most took about 4-6 months. And you do not get paid your commission until BILLING starts on he customer. And if because the coordinators don't do their job and the customer pulls out you lose your commission but their check isn't affected at all. So you complain to a supervisor who does nothing about it because he won't confront anyone. You beg him for help and he doesn't help. You ask him to go out on calls with you and you get blown off. You ask a question regarding customer issues and you may wait days to get a reaponse even though he will tell you he answers all emails in 24 hrs. Also you do get a bonus each month of $200 for making he min amount of 6 calls a day. It's March and we still don't have November s or Decembers bonuses and the base pay is a measly $500 every other week. Their is no gas card no mileage reimbursement. NOTHING. And your paycheck depends souly on others. For a company based on communication they stink at communicating. I had so many emails I kept records of that went unanswered. Even my upset customers would call and email my supervisor and they got NO response from him. I would seriously reconsider taking a sales job here. Unless your good at sucking up and rolling over then you might do great.  less
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Never getting paid what's due, relying on others to get your commissions, lack of communication
I made it fun
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 5, 2017
Management play favoritism some never wanted to help u being a lead or supervisor some had attitudes rude not worth it for the lil pay only thing kept me there was NY training class we all had a bond never will work there again and sometimes right before lunch they would change the lunch break from the hr to 30 minutes
Pros
Free lunch sometimes some leads and sups was amazing
Cons
Change of schedule short notice rude sups and leads pay not worth the bs u go threw with a customer
Workplace experience varies based on location and department.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blooming Grove, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Mediacom Communications is a good place to work if you can carve out your own positive path. There are some micro-managed aspects of the company and some under-managed aspects of the company. If you are willing to jump into the thick of it, you can champion the under-managed aspects and carve out your own role.
Pros
On site cafe, room for growth if you are willing to adapt.
Cons
Corporate culture is not well defined, employee experiences vary greatly based on department.
Never getting services or working with this company again
Broadband Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 7, 2017
Management were rude to me treating me different from other employees. I had absolutely no enjoyment from this job. A typical day for me was riding with another tech and not getting to do anything. Hands down worst job.
No comment
Regional Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 6, 2017
I resigned my position based upon the treatment of myself and my employees. I did not agree with some of their policies. I truly do not feel comfortable with a review at this time.
easy to work with
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 5, 2017
Very friendly and willing to let you work on your own. Pay seemed fair for what you were required to do. You need to knock down doors to get sales.
The worst place I have ever worked.
Regional Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 25, 2017
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Upper management belittles everyone. For such a large company, I have never experienced so much disorganization. Advancement is about non existent. For a communication company this place has a failure to communicate. This is a greed based company that does not respect the employee and the customer. Think twice before working there.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Too much to list.

Want to know more about Mediacom Communications Corporation?

Ask a question
Mediacom review
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 18, 2017
Mediacom has several chances for advancement. Mediacom has a high turn over rate with most employees lasting two years or less. Mediacom expects you to be available 24/7 even when you are not on call.
Pros
advancement
Cons
sometimes poor working conditions, Hard to make personal plans after work.
Overall
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 29, 2016
I made some good friends there, but didn't like the call center environment. I was told there was possibilities to move up in the company, when I tried to do so, they did what they could to hold me back in the Tier 1 department. So No, I didn't like Mediacom.
Pros
Some Free Lunches, Made friends.
Cons
Everything else.
Just bad
Installer Tech (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 19, 2016
Great place to work if you want no life. Management is clueless and never communicates well. This corporation does not care about their employees but hey at least we get free cable. The best part of the job is the people you work with in the field.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Overloaded with work, customer service doesn't have a clue about much, low pay
good company low pay
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Baldwin City, KSDecember 12, 2016
my only complaint literally with mediacom would be how low they pay compared to the rest of the cable industry. great management and treatment in the area I worked in.
Mediacom is poorly managed.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILDecember 5, 2016
Only worked there for a few months, but overall management was a joke. Regional manager and office manager worked in the same office and were almost religiously going out for cigarettes every 25-30 mins. They weren't great motivators, and often would actively look for things to complain about with workers.
Horrible place to work
Tier 1 Technical Support, Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2016
The only "benefit" is the free cable. They treat you like a child, and ask way too much for the amount they pay with no recognition or advancement. This is a typical corporation that only cares about their bottom line, and couldn't care less about the employees or the customers.
Hard Job, Few People can do it.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 13, 2016
It was a fun job. The best part of the job was the people that you work with on a day to day basis. The management was good at the Springfield office. One of the hardest things about the job is that. They just fed you to the wolfs. The training is outdated. And you were never home on time. Your work day was never consistent. You would have your jobs set for the day but if you worked hard and fast. The company would then over load you with more jobs. The most jobs I had in one day was 14 and each take about a hour for most. And that is if everything goes smoothly.
Pros
Company Van
Cons
Hours and Job Management
Great Benefits
Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 7, 2016
Great benefits, but management needs to have more communication with each other, great pay. Company needs to have a better policy when it come to taking abuse from customers
Never get back to you...
None (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 2, 2016
I wouldn't Apply for this postition simply because they never get back to you if you even got consider for it or not. No emails, no return of phone calls, even when you try to reach out to them! I would avoid them but this is a free country....more than welcome to try and apply find out for yourself
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Overall rude and never return your phone calls
mandatory OT and tech support is really sales
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 16, 2016
take calls all day not really fixing any problems or issues since the time allowed for each call is micro managed.. the pay is below grade and they expect you to sell to make a yearly wage above poverty level.,, upper management doesnt care and sups are like just do what they want forget fixing the problem. there is no support on second shift so you wait to get the 1 sup to help.. desk sharing it over crowded.. people have to leave assigned desks and move weeky
Pros
Cons
long hours bad pay no support on floor over crowded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8