Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Overall company idea was great, but was disconnect between upper management and employees.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 25, 2016
The main idea of a typical work day was very reasonable, but the routing system was something that clearly needed much work. Co-workers were helpful if someone needed help. I learned tons on the job pertaining to cable and customer service. The customer base after I fixed a problem was the most enjoyable part. Would not give the employees enough time at certain jobs to do a completely find the problem
Good coworkers, lack of clarity from management
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 23, 2016
There are quite a few things that we cannot do ourselves that we should be able to do ourselves.Everyday applications are called by at least 2-3 different names. Also, there are often contradictory and/or inconsistent rules about simple and complex matters.
Pros
hour lunches, generous vacation time for the U.S., relatively inexpensive health insurance as well as a culture of inclusion for differing ethnicities, orientation, creeds, gender.
Cons
below average compensation, lack of clarity and consistency in every day functions
Horrible customer service and shady company practices
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2016
Its a cable company, its an outdated entertainment model with overpriced internet that has data caps which is supposed to be illegal according the net neutrality laws, we were required to push people to get a land line phone and was told it would make the internet run better, although people would call us for support because there service wasn't working we were expected to push other products on them and then make them wait 2-3 weeks for technician. Its a very clique company culture. Don't expect a quick promotion or the chance to expand and utilize your skills outside of the company guidelines.
Pros
Ok benefits, low cost internet and cable
Cons
Poor management, weird company culture, slow to promote and little innovation
Hard Job to get anywhere in
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Elburn, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Worked there 6 year great place to get the experiences but i don't suggest to stay long. As a In House Tech i am to make sales and trouble shoot maintenance field work. Along with be on call to fix outages.
Cant get promoted without making sales!
Company would like a tech to do so much with only getting paid under the average of what that person could make at a different company.

On a personal note. Manager tried to get me to quit for the last 5 year there constantly threatening me with working at McDonalds.

I DONT SUGGEST STAYING MORE THEN A YEAR
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Lack of managmet, and lack in reliable product.
read more reviews and you'll see that this company is actually horrid.
Tier 1 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLFebruary 23, 2016
we all understand the environment of the call center workplace. i love my co workers, supervisors and upper management could be better. micromanaging adults is a very bad look in my eyes.
Pros
hour lunches, friends, easy work...
Cons
micromanagement, supervisors talk to you like kids...
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 31, 2016
The management staff is so unorganized. Too many changes taking place at once. There is insufficient training before being released to work with customers. What applies to one person does not apply to all.
Pros
Free lunches, occasional sales incentives
Cons
Mandatory overtime, canceling overtime, low pay
Overall a great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 7, 2015
Mediacom Communications Corporation is a great company to work for and learn from. All of the supervisors and leads have an open door policy and great communication. Calls are always coming in so there is little down time. This provides better customer service and less drama in the work environment. We have our own cubicles. This is great! Since we work a full 8 hours a day, being able to personalize our work space provided at more "at home" feeling.
Pros
commission, support from supervisors
Cons
it is very difficult to schedule time off
If you can take the hours
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 7, 2016
I was a door to door sales representative, which is hard work. If you're able to put in the work and take the training seriously, you can make a lot of money.... but I'm never going to say that knocking on doors for a living is the safest thing to do.
Customer service over the phone
Support Representative, Internet Services (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 27, 2015
A typical workday is sitting in a cubicle answering phones for distraught customers. The internet always seemed to be down in most areas. Management was only sub par. They rarely rushed to the phones when customers would ask for a supervisor and more often then not they did not come through with their promises. The hardest part of the job was constantly answering the phone with no breaks.
Pros
sometimes a free lunch
Cons
everything else
Good Place to Work.
Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 23, 2016
Nice supporting team, Management was technical and know their business, I worked there as a contractor to upgrade there database environment to higher version , it was smooth and found supportive management.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
No cons, as was there for short time
Productive workplace and work field
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 27, 2015
At Mediacom I was asked to fix peoples cable modems for their internet, tvs, and telephones by my use of computer skills and customer service skills. I was a Tier 1 Technical Support Rep. I enjoyed my job while it lasted, but due to my illness I had to miss work for 3 days, and I was fired.
Pros
Lots of hours, good people in the workplace, Good hourly rate of 11.00
Cons
No rehire policy
Decent entry level job
Quality Assurance- Research Auditor (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 22, 2016
Decent entry level job but the pay is not equal to the work. Moving up in the company is not the easiest. Cable discount was nice benefit to have, but upper management was hard to communicate with.
Worked in a call center with large turn over
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 19, 2015
Hired in for an IT job and it turned into a Sales job with no real IT experience needed. Trained for IT and small orders, yet expected to do large orders with no training. Expected to billing with very little training on the processes for when unexpected billing problems occur.
good starter job good management
Customer Retention/Sales (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Job is receiving inbound customer retention and sales calls. Customers calling in to disconnect service or get a lower bill. The goal is to not only retain there business but to add services.
Pros
nice people
Cons
monotonous
Fun working environment
International Media Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
I had a blast working at Zimmerman. They work on really fun brands and have innovative approaches. For a large, full service agency I never felt lost in a sea of faces.
A good Coropration
Lead Telemarketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 26, 2016
A well known and good Corporation to work for. Excellent benefits.
Left company to retire.
Customer service important in person or by phone.
Constant product training existed.
Pros
free cable/phone/internet service
Operational Support Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 31, 2016
I was an intern so I did not have as much experience was a regular employee but I typical day of work was very relaxed. All co-workers were very nice and informative when i talked to them about his or her job.
Hard and hot job
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALNovember 29, 2015
Lots of paperwork and keeping up with equipment. Your day is never over, you may work a 15 hour day alone . And the work never ends. Working for just a little more than min. Wage but you have free cable and transportation
Pros
FREE CABLE
Cons
LONG HOT DAYS UNDER HOUSES AND CLIMBING POLES
Difficult to keep up with finance in the fast-paced cable industry
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 29, 2015
This job has been a huge learning experience for me. It has been difficult for me to learn and fit in because each day is different and I can get overwhelmed. This position requires strong leadership and a self-starter. I am still developing these skills. The management are demanding and work-life balance has been a struggle. It feels like a senior position, even though the formal title is not senior and the pay is not senior. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the increasing job responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefit of cable service, team building activities
Cons
lack of work-life balance, increasing in job duties
Does not care about the employee very much at all at least in the Indiana area
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INSeptember 28, 2015
Pay is way below average,management does what is best for them no concern for the employees or customer can never get any yes I said any new equipment they are behind the industry by about 4-5 years...Work you to the bone without any regard for your family ..
Pros
passes once a year to 6 flags, cedar point for spouse and up to 2 children only so family of 4
Cons
as i stated above no support at all ....