Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

Love the job, hate the company.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNJune 19, 2017
Being a cable service tech is a great job, but Mediacom is a very poorly run company. Service techs are continuously overbooked, making for very stressful, frustrating work days.
Pros
You can take your work vehical home.
Cons
No breaks, poor dispatching results in overbooking.
Productive place to work
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Blooming Grove, NYJune 19, 2017
A typical day included building analyzing statistics and building quota for technicians in the field. Additionally, I would provide hardware and networking support to the technicians.
Pros
Worked at corporate headquarters and knew met with CEO daily.
Cons
Lack of growth potential
A place to work, but stressful due to office politics.
Telephone activation specialist (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILJune 13, 2017
I worked at the Chillicothe office for 10 years, I started in Tech Support, and went to the Telephone Activation Center. The first 4-5 years was fine, but then our department was tasked with completing 3-4 other department's workload. Morale was always low, and the management team never really did much to try and boost morale. I had to quit, because I needed to go part-time so I could continue with school.
Pros
Good discounts on cable/internet services
Cons
Bad management, low morale.
Good pay and benefits
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 12, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Nice people. Stressful and repetitive at times. All and all a good employer. I enjoyed my time here for the most part. One of my best jobs.
Good Luck
Installer (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJune 12, 2017
Dismal working conditions, heavy daily workload, no support from management. Equipment old and in bad condition, training nonexistant and the pay is peanuts.
No management oversite
Broadband Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Keokuk, IAMay 29, 2017
On the job training - NO TRAINER
No way to advance.
Management not involved in day to day work load.
Cell phones will not update.
Work schedule is always changing thru the day
Ubiquitous cable company
Installer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMay 27, 2017
Mediacom was and interesting place to work for. Was able to use and pick up some installation and troubleshooting experience though a seasonal busy time
Decent work for low pay
Broadband specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 26, 2017
Does not pay for the amount of work given. Managers are relaxed but put under alot of pressure due to corporate changes and policies that are made without any kind of forewarning
It's an ok to work.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GA 31721May 26, 2017
This is an "ok" company to work for. Extremely hard to sell cable because they do not buy out contracts and they are way more expensive than competition. If you hit quota good money, if you don't you almost make 8 dollars an hour. It's a break or bust job.
Pros
Great money if you hit quota. Flexibility
Cons
Cable is too expensive, vs. competition like Sling Tv
Nice place
Cable Salesman (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 25, 2017
Good place to work for and being able to get discounted cable is always a plus. Having a company vehicle saves on gas and being a auditor I was always traveling which was nice. Not good on a family man though.
Pros
cable prices
Cons
brother eye

Want to know more about Mediacom Communications Corporation?

Ask a question
Poor work enviroment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Waseca, MNMay 24, 2017
I worked about 18 months with this company as a customer service rep. They did a lot of things I didn't like.

1. I got a shift bid of 7 a.m to 4 p.m. After 5 weeks of training ,They
bait and switched it to 12pm to 9pm. 3 weeks later they switched it to 1p to 10p. Shift bids mean nothing to these people. Just because you win a shift bid, doesn't mean they honor it.

2. The leads and supervisors are afraid of customers. So if you get an irate customer who is begging for a supervisor, you are on your own.
3. They misinformed us on commissions during training. For example they say you get 0.50 for selling HBO. When in fact you don't get anything.
4. They have forced overtime, with no regard for peoples personal lives or stress levels.
5. Management likes to call you on your cellphone on your time off. Asking you to come in and work.
Pros
Good people work there
Cons
Poverty level wages. Management has zero backbone.
cable
Service Technician (Cable/Phone/Internet) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2017
Its a hard job that is rewarding to fix things with my hands. When you thinks how much this company treats a customer like poo, realize that they treat the employees the same way.
Tough Job but great CoWorkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAMay 18, 2017
This was a very difficult job due to the angry customers continually calling in. However the pay was great and there were quite a few benefits that made this job absolutely worth it. There is required overtime but once you get used to the job it's not that hard. The management was pretty good too.
Pros
Candy all the time.
Cons
Customers can really be nasty at times.
Mediacom
Sales lead (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMay 16, 2017
OK place to work you do have some perks if you live in the area they service when you live outside you get 100.00 cable reimbursement. very little opportunity for advancement once you get to a level its very hard to move up.
A company who still cares
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMay 11, 2017
I loved my job at Mediacom, our owner is an amazing man and they do try to provide you with all of the tools necessary to make a decent commission. Although the structure does change regularly which can be frustrating, they do to provide training, and if you listen to their advice you can make excellent money for relatively low skilled work.
Few advancement opportunities above sales without taking a pay cut or relocating. And taking so many calls daily gets repetitive and can easily burn you out. Most people who make it past the two year mark seem to be making a long term career out of it.
Pros
Supportive and no caps on commission
Cons
repetitive and not very challenging after you get the hang of it
Very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 3, 2017
The work day at mediacom was very busy and productive. However the work was very stressful. Helping people was the rewarding part. Although making the customers more then happy was a challange, they felt the companywas a bad company.
Pros
There was lots of reward
Cons
Stressful enviroment
Up and coming
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 1, 2017
They are coming along with being a smaller cable company

Their cable system was really old when I was there

Usually couldn't fix stuff the right way because they had so many jobs on techs.
Learned alot of awesome things.
Network Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 26, 2017
I worked for Mediacom for 6.5 years. I started with them as an installer for residential cable services. After about 1.5 years I applied to be transferred into their Tech Support. After this I climbed the ladder quite rapidly.
Pros
Learned my niche is networking with Mediacom
Cons
Did not get any certs
Beware
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 26, 2017
You get lied to almost from day 1. Supervisors don't care. Your "field trainer" is more worried about himself then actually showing you anything. You don't get half the equipment needed for the job. I was expected to work up to two hours past my shift without OT pay because I was "in training" Your not allowed to express any concerns or safety issues.
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Everything Else
Some parts of the job were very stressful
Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 24, 2017
Overall it was a good place to work, however the overtime got old quick. Not being able to clock out when your shift is over was inconvenient as well.
Pros
bought lunches and had great compensation
Cons
Not having a flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9