Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

Operational Support Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  NYJanuary 31, 2016
I was an intern so I did not have as much experience was a regular employee but I typical day of work was very relaxed. All co-workers were very nice and informative when i talked to them about his or her job.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 31, 2016
The management staff is so unorganized. Too many changes taking place at once. There is insufficient training before being released to work with customers. What applies to one person does not apply to all.
Pros
Free lunches, occasional sales incentives
Cons
Mandatory overtime, canceling overtime, low pay
A good Coropration
Lead Telemarketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 26, 2016
A well known and good Corporation to work for. Excellent benefits.
Left company to retire.
Customer service important in person or by phone.
Constant product training existed.
Pros
free cable/phone/internet service
Cons
good starter job good management
Customer Retention/Sales (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILJanuary 25, 2016
Job is receiving inbound customer retention and sales calls. Customers calling in to disconnect service or get a lower bill. The goal is to not only retain there business but to add services.
Pros
nice people
Cons
monotonous
Horrible customer service and shady company practices
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2016
Its a cable company, its an outdated entertainment model with overpriced internet that has data caps which is supposed to be illegal according the net neutrality laws, we were required to push people to get a land line phone and was told it would make the internet run better, although people would call us for support because there service wasn't working we were expected to push other products on them and then make them wait 2-3 weeks for technician. Its a very clique company culture. Don't expect a quick promotion or the chance to expand and utilize your skills outside of the company guidelines.
Pros
Ok benefits, low cost internet and cable
Cons
Poor management, weird company culture, slow to promote and little innovation
Very challenging, difficult job - but can pay well.
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 24, 2016
Was a Direct Sales Representative - THE toughest job in the entire company. Expect your commission/compensation plan to change at least once a year, expect to be constantly threatened with being fired, expect your supervisor to monitor and question your every move all day long by GPS from your company-issued cell phone, expect difficult sales situations because most potential customers have had a previous bad experience with Mediacom, and expect that once you do sell something there will be problems with getting it installed! And, you only earn commission on INSTALLED sales.

New inexperienced reps rarely survive more than a few months. The most successful reps have been here for years (have built an established referral network) or have been recruited from other cable TV companies and have significant prior cable TV sales experience. The rare sales rep who can handle constant discouragement, carefully manage their time, manage and shepherd their sales to successful installation, and cut through all the challenges to making a sale can make a very good income - but that is only about 20 sales reps in the whole country!

Expect management to frustrate you - not help you, put roadblocks to your success in your path, and constantly push company policy and rules, rather than encouraging or assisting you or having any compassion or sympathy for the challenges you face. Expect vacation time off requests to be denied, and expect to be pushed to work 6 days a week, or at least Tuesday - Saturday. Prime selling time is noon to 8:00 PM, so don't expect to be home with your family
  more... in the evenings. Expect to be walking up to 2 to 3 miles every day as you work your way through neighborhoods knocking on doors to sell services door-to-door, in all weather, regardless how severe conditions are. If you like a tough challenge and can handle constant rejection - this is the job for you!  less
Pros
It is posible to make a great income - for a very rare sales rep., good health benefits, nice selection of low cost TV, Internet, phone services for your home use.
Cons
Too many to list here - read review!
Hard Job to get anywhere in
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Elburn, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Worked there 6 year great place to get the experiences but i don't suggest to stay long. As a In House Tech i am to make sales and trouble shoot maintenance field work. Along with be on call to fix outages.
Cant get promoted without making sales!
Company would like a tech to do so much with only getting paid under the average of what that person could make at a different company.

On a personal note. Manager tried to get me to quit for the last 5 year there constantly threatening me with working at McDonalds.

I DONT SUGGEST STAYING MORE THEN A YEAR
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Lack of managmet, and lack in reliable product.
great place to work
Help desk Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 5, 2016
diagnosis computer problems,
provide friendly customer service
save customers and negotiate contracts
train new empolyess
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Worked in a call center with large turn over
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 19, 2015
Hired in for an IT job and it turned into a Sales job with no real IT experience needed. Trained for IT and small orders, yet expected to do large orders with no training. Expected to billing with very little training on the processes for when unexpected billing problems occur.
Overall a great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 7, 2015
Mediacom Communications Corporation is a great company to work for and learn from. All of the supervisors and leads have an open door policy and great communication. Calls are always coming in so there is little down time. This provides better customer service and less drama in the work environment. We have our own cubicles. This is great! Since we work a full 8 hours a day, being able to personalize our work space provided at more "at home" feeling.
Pros
commission, support from supervisors
Cons
it is very difficult to schedule time off
Hard and hot job
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALNovember 29, 2015
Lots of paperwork and keeping up with equipment. Your day is never over, you may work a 15 hour day alone . And the work never ends. Working for just a little more than min. Wage but you have free cable and transportation
Pros
FREE CABLE
Cons
LONG HOT DAYS UNDER HOUSES AND CLIMBING POLES
Customer service over the phone
Support Representative, Internet Services (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 27, 2015
A typical workday is sitting in a cubicle answering phones for distraught customers. The internet always seemed to be down in most areas. Management was only sub par. They rarely rushed to the phones when customers would ask for a supervisor and more often then not they did not come through with their promises. The hardest part of the job was constantly answering the phone with no breaks.
Pros
sometimes a free lunch
Cons
everything else
Productive workplace and work field
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLNovember 27, 2015
At Mediacom I was asked to fix peoples cable modems for their internet, tvs, and telephones by my use of computer skills and customer service skills. I was a Tier 1 Technical Support Rep. I enjoyed my job while it lasted, but due to my illness I had to miss work for 3 days, and I was fired.
Pros
Lots of hours, good people in the workplace, Good hourly rate of 11.00
Cons
No rehire policy
Eh
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  North Webster, INNovember 20, 2015
Lacking most aspects of a successful business, but does provide satisfactory benefits. Management is very spotty in a successful manor of speaking.
Very well organized work place
Production Internship (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 26, 2015
I learned a lot during this internship that will help me further my career. I hope to use the skills I learned at this company to help benefit my career job in the media field. My co workers were very friendly and easy to get a long with.
Productive & Competive Workplace
Commercial Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 24, 2015
Great Place to work!
Fast Moving Technical background is required to do well.
Few opportunities to advance.
Lots of Sales Management changes that create various problems.
Great place to enhance your career
Consumer Insights & Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Excellent place to work, with lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Your opinion and expertise matter and speaking up is always welcomed. Great place to become well versed in multiple areas of media.
Awesome benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 21, 2015
The benefits are among one of the major reasons anyone might strive to work at this company. Paid tuition is also a PLUS! Great place!!!
Mediacom Call Center
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 14, 2015
Great advancement opportunities at Mediacom if you are willing to relocate. Strong support from upper management. Pay/Benefits mediocre for the job expected and the hours worked.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
A lot of mandatory OT for the CSR's, low pay
Great place to get a start
Email Abuse Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 11, 2015
Overall this is a good company to work for. The Non insurance benefits are great.
There is plenty of growth in the company for those that choose to move up with some great training programs made available.
Pros
Cheap cable and Internet access.
Cons
Healthcare costs and level of service.