Mediacom Communications Corporation

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

Learned alot of awesome things.
Network Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 26, 2017
I worked for Mediacom for 6.5 years. I started with them as an installer for residential cable services. After about 1.5 years I applied to be transferred into their Tech Support. After this I climbed the ladder quite rapidly.
Pros
Learned my niche is networking with Mediacom
Cons
Did not get any certs
Beware
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 26, 2017
You get lied to almost from day 1. Supervisors don't care. Your "field trainer" is more worried about himself then actually showing you anything. You don't get half the equipment needed for the job. I was expected to work up to two hours past my shift without OT pay because I was "in training" Your not allowed to express any concerns or safety issues.
Pros
Discounted Services
Cons
Everything Else
Some parts of the job were very stressful
Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 24, 2017
Overall it was a good place to work, however the overtime got old quick. Not being able to clock out when your shift is over was inconvenient as well.
Pros
bought lunches and had great compensation
Cons
Not having a flexible schedule
Pay rates
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAApril 24, 2017
The pay rates for mediacom was very dissapointing. I worked there for 13 years and did the job of an advanced installer and a advanced tech and they would not give me the pay for it.
Too much work and underpaid
Manager, Desktop Survey Design (Current Employee) –  Mediacom Park, NYApril 22, 2017
Mediacom is completely understaffed, not well organized and lacks direction from supervisors. There is there is little structure within the company and I do not have a direct path for advancement. Being a manager directly reporting to a Senior Vice President has its benefits because I am able to perform my duties with little supervision and the majority of the decision making process is left in my hands with in my group. On a daily basis I am overrun with work that I need to manage and delegate.
Employees are great but company works you to the bone
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Storm Lake, IAApril 21, 2017
Employees are great but company works you to the bone . They make you be on call and seems you never get time to do things with friends or family. Never off at the time your suppose to be off.
demanding workplace with room for advancment
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Creston, IAApril 19, 2017
Daily workload varies according to customer needs. Must be able to work independently and with a high degree of professionalism. Hardest part of the job was troubleshooting problems with customer services. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day and the sense of personal satisfaction after successfully completing each job.
Pros
work independently
Cons
work schedule can be high pressure
Good place to start for media planners
Senior Client Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
Lots of room for growth on the planning and buying side of business.
High profile clients across many different industries.
Lots of training and seminars to learn more about marketing.
Pros
Lots of talented people
Cons
401k benefits
loved working for Mediacom
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 17, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Mediacom Business. As an outside sales rep I worked from my home office and built my funnel of business through Salesforce. Excellent training, regional bosses were a tad overbearing but didn't deal with them much. Loved my local supervisor she is a good friend still. Base plus commission. You did have to work for it but the commission was EXCELLENT! I miss those $4,000+ checks!
Pros
Great atmosphere, good people, loved working from home, no micromanagement
Cons
Regional bosses were jerks
Low Pay No Commission Potential
Multi Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 15, 2017
They say you have a sales territory. However it is a free for all. I had many account sales stolen by other Account Exectutives and Partner companies selling into my territory. The first person to get the agreement signed gets the commission.

In addition to selling new accounts in my territory the Sr. Account Executives also took any renewal that has a decent commission.

Your pay is 19,000 per year. Which is around $9.00 per hour. Don't expect to make much more on commissions from your territory.

The Account Executives that are making a decent commission are doing it by selling everywhere in the country. They do that by having IT partners sending them leads or by selling an account with multiple locations. As a new person you don't have a chance to get in on this selling everywhere free for all.

On the positive side the turn over is so high they never fire anyone. So if you are happy with $9.00 per hour, health care benefits, and Free Cable TV, Internet and Phone then you should apply
Pros
you wan't get fired for not achieving your quota
Cons
Low Pay
Mediacom
Broadband Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Edenton, NCApril 9, 2017
Over worked, and under paid, this company expects you to be on call every 3 weeks, but doesnt realize that people do have lives of their own and doesnt revolve around work
Mediacom
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILApril 8, 2017
Mediacom is a very good place to work but you have to be extremely dedicated. Not a very good place if you have kids or family that you are used to spending a lot of time with. Typical work day is 9-11 hours.
Best Team Experience
Assistant Traditional and Digital Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
I loved my time here. The company culture is great, and they celebrate all of their employees accomplishments. While some processes are not the best, overall it is a great place to work.
Enjoyable work environment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 2, 2017
Working for Mediacom as a technician has been great. The actual work can be fun and rewarding. Time is the greatest challenge as technicians are not always given ample time to complete the necessary work.This can create a stressful environment for those needing to be done with their work by their scheduled stop time. Management does try to assist with work loads as necessary. Overall Mediacom is a great place to work.
Internet Technical Support Tier 1
Internet Technical Support Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 30, 2017
I absolutely Loved working for the Mediacom office in Gulf Breeze, FL. I have worked at other call centers for different providers and have not gotten so much support/encouragement from Leadership, management & fellow staff. The trainers are great & Leads were exceptional. Supervisors would pat you on the back and/or crack the whip if they needed to. Everyone that I have worked with are super polite, kind and made the job enjoyable. IF I had any questions I just had to ask.

After training you were assigned to a personal cubical. Can decorate it as you pleased but don't go overboard or be offensive. Weekend you can wear Jeans & T- shirts(no holes/no offensive images/words). Its peaceful were the office is located. They would host pot lucks for holidays or entertainment events.

*Assist customers with troubleshooting their Cable/TiVo boxes, Phone modems/Internet modems. Schedule Tech appointments, make escalation tickets. Sometimes follow up with customers. Explain/educate about bill statements. Notate every interaction in the customers acct. If you are scheduled to work on holidays or overtime it is time and a half. Not bad. IF you go to work with a bad attitude you will have a bad day. Customers will be rude but any job that deals with customer service will have that hallmark, don't take it to heart - they are just frustrated.
Due to personal issues with life I had to find a job closer to home. Sad thing is they don't do rehires. :(

The drive was long, they are located in Midway. *Overtime* has to be approved by management. They offer & you can volunteer or they
  more... will assign & you have to work. More hours = more $. Don't complain. Shift bid based off stats & seniority.  less
Pros
11.00 an hour +commision; Wonderful staff; *Overtime*
Cons
Long drive from Pensacola. They don't do rehires, Wish base pay was a bit higher.
Life as a service tech
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 27, 2017
self motivated, must be willing to work without direct supervision.
management is great, company is amazing to wok for. especially if you need job security
Productive work environment. Managment is always willing to help in any way they can.
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Butler, MOMarch 25, 2017
A great place to work with fun environment. Everyone is willing to help and work with you. A very strong team based setting from the ground floor to the ceo.
Job security, room for advancement
Internet Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work in a fast paced growing business. Plenty of room to advance and multiple departments if you get burnt out doing one thing. Multiple shifts to meet your needs
Pros
Healthcare. Advancement oppertunities
Cons
Many 10 plus hours
Great job, if you enjoy low pay, and long hours.
Technition (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 19, 2017
Not sure what plush, comfy jobs the other reviews had here but I've been with the company for awhile now, hoping things would change with time..they haven't. Starting pay for new hires, or people with a couple years experience is terrible. And by terrible I mean in my area "south east, Iowa. A high school kid with no job experience gets paid more working for a grocery store or gas station starting out then people do here. Its a slap to the face of the day to day working man. And they wonder why the turn over rate is terrible. I've seen and heard a lot of great techs over the years leave for our competitors because of pay alone. Now they do provide you with a nice van that will break down monthly, and a gas card to use. :), all your tools that you must guard with your life, even from other techs, paid training that feels rushed, and a company phone. But if you don't pay your employees even remotely close to what your competitors do their going to keep leaving. The life of a cable guy isn't a boring, slow pace job. You are always on the move, you deal with irate customers everyday, and dispatch will drive you bonkers. Also...The only way to move up in the company is to move to another location which could be anywhere in the u.s. Now after all that I will say most of the guys you work with will help you any way they can, they've been in the same spot and know how rough it is starting out. Everyone stays friendly and job oriented. Some supervisors do genuinely look after their guys.
Pros
Gas card, friendly co-workers, steady pace
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, training of new hires needs improvement.
loved at first, turned awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMarch 15, 2017
I loved working here at first. My department was relocated. I was told they would find me a new position in the company. This never happened. They gave me a title of customer service rep but had me taking "overflow" calls for the department they relocated. After 2 years of this, and never being given a real position, I quit. My senior director was awful to us. Many times she took me in her office and shouted at me, cussed at me, and degraded me.
Pros
benefits, PTO
Cons
managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9