Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

Low Pay No Commission Potential
Multi Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 15, 2017
They say you have a sales territory. However it is a free for all. I had many account sales stolen by other Account Exectutives and Partner companies selling into my territory. The first person to get the agreement signed gets the commission.

In addition to selling new accounts in my territory the Sr. Account Executives also took any renewal that has a decent commission.

Your pay is 19,000 per year. Which is around $9.00 per hour. Don't expect to make much more on commissions from your territory.

The Account Executives that are making a decent commission are doing it by selling everywhere in the country. They do that by having IT partners sending them leads or by selling an account with multiple locations. As a new person you don't have a chance to get in on this selling everywhere free for all.

On the positive side the turn over is so high they never fire anyone. So if you are happy with $9.00 per hour, health care benefits, and Free Cable TV, Internet and Phone then you should apply
Pros
you wan't get fired for not achieving your quota
Cons
Low Pay
Mediacom
Broadband Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Edenton, NCApril 9, 2017
Over worked, and under paid, this company expects you to be on call every 3 weeks, but doesnt realize that people do have lives of their own and doesnt revolve around work
Mediacom
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILApril 8, 2017
Mediacom is a very good place to work but you have to be extremely dedicated. Not a very good place if you have kids or family that you are used to spending a lot of time with. Typical work day is 9-11 hours.
Best Team Experience
Assistant Traditional and Digital Media Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
I loved my time here. The company culture is great, and they celebrate all of their employees accomplishments. While some processes are not the best, overall it is a great place to work.
Enjoyable work environment
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 2, 2017
Working for Mediacom as a technician has been great. The actual work can be fun and rewarding. Time is the greatest challenge as technicians are not always given ample time to complete the necessary work.This can create a stressful environment for those needing to be done with their work by their scheduled stop time. Management does try to assist with work loads as necessary. Overall Mediacom is a great place to work.
Internet Technical Support Tier 1
Internet Technical Support Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 30, 2017
I absolutely Loved working for the Mediacom office in Gulf Breeze, FL. I have worked at other call centers for different providers and have not gotten so much support/encouragement from Leadership, management & fellow staff. The trainers are great & Leads were exceptional. Supervisors would pat you on the back and/or crack the whip if they needed to. Everyone that I have worked with are super polite, kind and made the job enjoyable. IF I had any questions I just had to ask.

After training you were assigned to a personal cubical. Can decorate it as you pleased but don't go overboard or be offensive. Weekend you can wear Jeans & T- shirts(no holes/no offensive images/words). Its peaceful were the office is located. They would host pot lucks for holidays or entertainment events.

*Assist customers with troubleshooting their Cable/TiVo boxes, Phone modems/Internet modems. Schedule Tech appointments, make escalation tickets. Sometimes follow up with customers. Explain/educate about bill statements. Notate every interaction in the customers acct. If you are scheduled to work on holidays or overtime it is time and a half. Not bad. IF you go to work with a bad attitude you will have a bad day. Customers will be rude but any job that deals with customer service will have that hallmark, don't take it to heart - they are just frustrated.
Due to personal issues with life I had to find a job closer to home. Sad thing is they don't do rehires. :(

The drive was long, they are located in Midway. *Overtime* has to be approved by management. They offer & you can volunteer or they
  more... will assign & you have to work. More hours = more $. Don't complain. Shift bid based off stats & seniority.  less
Pros
11.00 an hour +commision; Wonderful staff; *Overtime*
Cons
Long drive from Pensacola. They don't do rehires, Wish base pay was a bit higher.
Life as a service tech
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 27, 2017
self motivated, must be willing to work without direct supervision.
management is great, company is amazing to wok for. especially if you need job security
Productive work environment. Managment is always willing to help in any way they can.
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Butler, MOMarch 25, 2017
A great place to work with fun environment. Everyone is willing to help and work with you. A very strong team based setting from the ground floor to the ceo.
Job security, room for advancement
Internet Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work in a fast paced growing business. Plenty of room to advance and multiple departments if you get burnt out doing one thing. Multiple shifts to meet your needs
Pros
Healthcare. Advancement oppertunities
Cons
Many 10 plus hours
Great job, if you enjoy low pay, and long hours.
Technition (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 19, 2017
Not sure what plush, comfy jobs the other reviews had here but I've been with the company for awhile now, hoping things would change with time..they haven't. Starting pay for new hires, or people with a couple years experience is terrible. And by terrible I mean in my area "south east, Iowa. A high school kid with no job experience gets paid more working for a grocery store or gas station starting out then people do here. Its a slap to the face of the day to day working man. And they wonder why the turn over rate is terrible. I've seen and heard a lot of great techs over the years leave for our competitors because of pay alone. Now they do provide you with a nice van that will break down monthly, and a gas card to use. :), all your tools that you must guard with your life, even from other techs, paid training that feels rushed, and a company phone. But if you don't pay your employees even remotely close to what your competitors do their going to keep leaving. The life of a cable guy isn't a boring, slow pace job. You are always on the move, you deal with irate customers everyday, and dispatch will drive you bonkers. Also...The only way to move up in the company is to move to another location which could be anywhere in the u.s. Now after all that I will say most of the guys you work with will help you any way they can, they've been in the same spot and know how rough it is starting out. Everyone stays friendly and job oriented. Some supervisors do genuinely look after their guys.
Pros
Gas card, friendly co-workers, steady pace
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, training of new hires needs improvement.
loved at first, turned awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMarch 15, 2017
I loved working here at first. My department was relocated. I was told they would find me a new position in the company. This never happened. They gave me a title of customer service rep but had me taking "overflow" calls for the department they relocated. After 2 years of this, and never being given a real position, I quit. My senior director was awful to us. Many times she took me in her office and shouted at me, cussed at me, and degraded me.
Pros
benefits, Pto
Cons
managment
good job if you love to work all the time
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAMarch 13, 2017
mandatory overtime every week when they have used mandatory enough, they make you put in overtime as voluntary even if you don’t want to. this is how they get around government regulations.
Pros
bonus
Cons
i knew the same as the managers in a few months and would even help them sometimes with questions
Fun environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 13, 2017
Enjoyable atmosphere, good management, pay was not that great but benefits were good, hours were fine.Co-workers and technicians were very nice to work with and I had a chance to learn a lot about how the cable industry works and the technology side.
Pros
co-workers, management, benefits
Cons
pay
Beware of job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 8, 2017
When I first started I loved this job but soon found out that when supervisors said their door is always open and they had your back ... that was an empty statement. There really is no training to do this job. Certainly you are taught what to say to a gate keeper to get to the DM and then how to propose your product but that is it. I was thrown to the wolves four days after starting. I didn't know how to upload paperwork or what paper work I even needed from the customer which you think would be important to teach. My first real deal I was told to offer a free month and free install and that's what I did. Came back to the office with two signed contracts and was told that I couldn't do that (from he same person). So you would think he would have gone back with me to the customer or had my coworker in the same area help me but no he instead made me go to the customer and tell them I screwed up. Customer got mad didn't sign and then my supervisor gave the account to his "favorite sales person" in a completely different city. Can you say sabotage?? Got under a new supervisor and in the almost years time I wa sunder him he never once came up to our city to help us, or work with us or talk to us. What they don't tell you when your hired is your commission is dependent on someone else doing their job. Meaning when you do all the work to get the customer signed up, you then hand it off to people who key the order and schedule site surveys and installations etc. initial contact with a customer should take 1-2 days. It's been taking weeks. And even after contact is made the customer  more... is so upset that it's taken that long just to make contact. Then you wait and wait and wait for the install. Installs should happen 30-90 days and I had one that took almost a year and most took about 4-6 months. And you do not get paid your commission until BILLING starts on he customer. And if because the coordinators don't do their job and the customer pulls out you lose your commission but their check isn't affected at all. So you complain to a supervisor who does nothing about it because he won't confront anyone. You beg him for help and he doesn't help. You ask him to go out on calls with you and you get blown off. You ask a question regarding customer issues and you may wait days to get a reaponse even though he will tell you he answers all emails in 24 hrs. Also you do get a bonus each month of $200 for making he min amount of 6 calls a day. It's March and we still don't have November s or Decembers bonuses and the base pay is a measly $500 every other week. Their is no gas card no mileage reimbursement. NOTHING. And your paycheck depends souly on others. For a company based on communication they stink at communicating. I had so many emails I kept records of that went unanswered. Even my upset customers would call and email my supervisor and they got NO response from him. I would seriously reconsider taking a sales job here. Unless your good at sucking up and rolling over then you might do great.  less
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Never getting paid what's due, relying on others to get your commissions, lack of communication
I made it fun
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 5, 2017
Management play favoritism some never wanted to help u being a lead or supervisor some had attitudes rude not worth it for the lil pay only thing kept me there was NY training class we all had a bond never will work there again and sometimes right before lunch they would change the lunch break from the hr to 30 minutes
Pros
Free lunch sometimes some leads and sups was amazing
Cons
Change of schedule short notice rude sups and leads pay not worth the bs u go threw with a customer
Mediacom Sales
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMarch 4, 2017
Work/Life balance is amazing. You have a very flexible schedule.
Pay is great. Get paid hourly plus commission. The only downside to that is, your commission is based on the sales you make actually getting installed. Therefor, you have to really on someone else to do their job in order for you to get paid for your work. All though that is understandable, the installers aren't always the best. Which means you never know if you're going to get paid for the sales or not. Other than that it's a great job.
Pros
Open schedule, Great pay, Good benefits
Cons
Reliable installers, Organization
Too old to rate
Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 25, 2017
My rating and review for Mediacom is irrelevant as I haven't worked there in many years. Every company has its opportunities, so I imagine they have grown to correct most. I have no complaints. Overall, the culture at the location in West Des Moines was engaging and tight knit.
needs better leadership
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethany, MOFebruary 22, 2017
horrible routing system, on call to much, upper management has no clue what goes on locally they just look at reports They take advantage of you. you do more work than what you are paid for
Pros
decent benifits
Cons
no home life
Productive collaborative environment
Producer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Great group of people to work with. A very collaborative working environment with minimal mirco managing during your day to day as long as your getting the work done.
Great call center job
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 22, 2017
There are bunch of people that work for Mediacom, it was a great job. The atmosphere and people are amazing and the amount of ways you can up yourself in the company is awesome. You can move up in the company or just stay where you are at, there are multiple ways to go up in the company. I learned how to deal with irate customers and how to collect money from people that owed the company. I also learned how to build repore with customers and how to calm them down when they are so irate. The best part of this job is the people and the fact that when you have perfect attendance or you work extra hard, it does NOT go unnoticed. Mediacom does their best to make sure everyone gets awarded or shown up for their hard work.
Pros
People, Break room, Compensation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9